PDA

View Full Version : G Diesel's Shake

G Diesel
01-14-07, 10:00 pm
Got the Magic Bullet blender doing its thing...

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

65g protein, 115g carbs, 850 kcals

Drinking one in the AM and one before bed. Peace, G

J-Dawg
01-14-07, 10:17 pm
Solid mass shake G.

Frank_The_Tank
01-14-07, 11:03 pm
G do you put regular rolled oats in or do you have preground oats ready to go?

MELTDOWN
01-14-07, 11:08 pm
and where is the peanut butter and banana's ???

Maximus
01-14-07, 11:32 pm

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

Is that magic bullet worth it? I've been wanting to get one so bad...great mass shake by the way, G

G Diesel
01-15-07, 9:29 am
G do you put regular rolled oats in or do you have preground oats ready to go?

Just a regular half cup of Quaker instant out of the big bulk container. The blender grinds them into a fine powder. Peace, G

G Diesel
01-15-07, 9:30 am
Is that magic bullet worth it? I've been wanting to get one so bad...great mass shake by the way, G

That thing is awesome... So convenient. Best blender I've ever had. Peace, G

G Diesel
01-15-07, 9:30 am
and where is the peanut butter and banana's ???

Nothing wrong with either one... Both are G Diesel approved additions. What I provided was merely the base. Peace, G

G Diesel
01-15-07, 9:32 am
Solid mass shake G.
Nothing revolutionary by any means, but simple and effective and a solid base from which to design your own mass-gaining blend. Peace, G

Thumperz
01-15-07, 11:50 am

The magic bullet is the best thing even invented for shake making. So quick and easy. My only problem is sometimes it's a tad too small.

Freakshow
01-15-07, 11:52 am
The magic bullet is the best thing even invented for shake making. So quick and easy. My only problem is sometimes it's a tad too small.

I agree on both counts bro..

IronFrenzy
01-15-07, 2:55 pm
Yo, you guys ever try that shake with liquid egg whites instead of milk, it's pretty damn good, especially for breakfast on the go...you can blend that shit up, chug it, and be on your way...perfect for life at college.

G Diesel
01-15-07, 3:00 pm
Yo, you guys ever try that shake with liquid egg whites instead of milk, it's pretty damn good, especially for breakfast on the go...you can blend that shit up, chug it, and be on your way...perfect for life at college.

Been there bro... Sometimes I'll drink the 16 oz containers of pasteurized whites straight. Bang... 52g of clean protein. Peace, G

IronFrenzy
01-15-07, 4:01 pm
Shit man, that is fuckin intense I tried doing that over the summer, it was a task trying not to puke it up! Power to you

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

Wow!! I need to try this one.

G Diesel
01-15-07, 4:37 pm
Shit man, that is fuckin intense I tried doing that over the summer, it was a task trying not to puke it up! Power to you

Yeah it sucks... I'd chase every gulp with a swig of Diet Coke. Peace, G

G Diesel
01-15-07, 4:38 pm
Wow!! I need to try this one.

Plain and simple and a good base upon which to add fruit and the like as well. Peace, G

NASH
01-15-07, 4:41 pm

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

This is my favorite shake in the morning, I also add a banana if im training in the morning. The Magic Bullet Rocks!

RowdyRobby
01-15-07, 4:47 pm
I had the same shake this morning (Regular whey though) Tasty, But OH MAN did blow right through me, like whoa! Probably needed it though cause of all the extra Protein intake lately.

Cheers Rowdy

rev8ball
01-16-07, 1:52 pm
I got one I used for breakfast everyday when I was still competing, and I still put some athletes on it today. Big time quality calories - takes about 30 minutes to consume:

In a blender - 2 C of NF milk, 3 servings of oatmeal, 2 scoops of milk and egg protein, 1 banana, ½ C of frozen fruit or vegetable, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, ½ tsp of cinnamon, ½ C of egg whites, ½ C of NF cottage cheese, ½ C of NF yogurt, ice.

G Diesel
01-16-07, 1:56 pm
I got one I used for breakfast everyday when I was still competing, and I still put some athletes on it today. Big time quality calories - takes about 30 minutes to consume:

In a blender - 2 C of NF milk, 3 servings of oatmeal, 2 scoops of milk and egg protein, 1 banana, ½ C of frozen fruit or vegetable, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, ½ tsp of cinnamon, ½ C of egg whites, ½ C of NF cottage cheese, ½ C of NF yogurt, ice.

Nice bro... That is a serious mass shake. That will definitely pack on the mass. What is the calorie count/protein count for that bad boy? Peace, G

Spastic_Koala
01-16-07, 2:14 pm

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

I tried adding cottage cheese to a shake like that before bed. My stomach couldn't handle it. It might be a decent addition to anyone who can, though.

Gas Can
01-16-07, 2:26 pm
Like the sound of that ill have to try it

rev8ball
01-16-07, 2:42 pm
Shit, I have no fuckin' clue.....LOL! I just know that it works like a bad-ass.
Later....Rev

Nice bro... That is a serious mass shake. That will definitely pack on the mass. What is the calorie count/protein count for that bad boy? Peace, G

Mr.Totality
01-16-07, 3:04 pm
cottage cheese might be an interesting add to the PM shake. Good thought

majmus
01-16-07, 3:31 pm
fuck man if i would eat 115 grams at night , after one month i would have 40 inch belly , ya got good metabolism..

ironshaolin
01-16-07, 8:02 pm
good stuff man, I make a similar shake with muscle milk. I add 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries for the antioxidants and vitamins, and 1/2 a banana. Using frozen berries makes it thick and freezing cold. Mmm.

G Diesel
01-19-07, 10:27 am
Added a tablespoon of natty pb to the shake this morning. Now I have that bad boy up to 940 calories... Nice. Peace, G

mgmmaze
01-21-07, 11:01 am
Wow some of these recipes fucking rock. In about 2 and half weeks I have to have thorat surgery. That means for like the first week its soups and liquid so. Im def going to use some of these recipies to fill the nurtion gap.

dl rocker
01-30-07, 8:58 pm
THe best device for a shake is the Black and decker GIZMO. It's a rechargible hand mixer. Just mix milk egg whites whey dextros and a scoup of cytomax and some oats and your set to go . You can get them at walmart for 20 bucks. fits right in you lunch cooler.

big H
01-31-07, 2:11 pm
just gettin used to the whole oatmeal in a shake thing, aint bad. its a sweet shake man but i gotta have 2 scoops of good old skippy. and quik question, i use isoflex, is realgains an isolate gainer?

G Diesel
01-31-07, 2:43 pm
just gettin used to the whole oatmeal in a shake thing, aint bad. its a sweet shake man but i gotta have 2 scoops of good old skippy. and quik question, i use isoflex, is realgains an isolate gainer?

It does have WPI, but also micellar casein and WPC. Took me a while to get used to the oats as well, but when I use the Magic Bullet, those things get pulverized into a fine powder and actually make the shake taste better in my opinion. BTW, nothing wrong with a couple scoops of good old Skippy. Peace, G

MadeOfScars
02-03-07, 12:39 am
I put 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup Carbo Gainer, 16oz. milk(1%), 2 scoops whey protein, and 1 tbsp. natural pb= 1100cal. 125carbs 67protein

Delicious!

LurkingBeast
02-03-07, 3:12 am
Just a question, Where do you guy's buy your egg white's at? Tops or WallMart sell it?

Also, when you guy's are talking "Mass Shake". . . . I'm all about the right mass, but do these combinations lead to more "Off Season" mass gains?(ie. you'll gain size and strength, but your gonna pay with all the extra fat you'll put on, taking 2 1,000 calorie shakes/day???)

thanks guy's for any answers!

Enforcer
02-09-07, 8:07 pm
cant wait for the offseason to try out that shake

Kiwi129
02-09-07, 8:32 pm
That sounds like an awesome shake. I'll probably pick up a tub of Real Gains after my next pay day.

Sorry to go off topic... but G Diesel you're the man, are you going to the Arnold Weekend in March?

Axe
02-11-07, 4:55 pm
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but here goes....

Do you grind/blend the dry oats into a powder first before you add the rest of the shake ingredients, or do you just stuff all of it in a blender at once?

G Diesel
02-12-07, 9:40 am
That sounds like an awesome shake. I'll probably pick up a tub of Real Gains after my next pay day.

Sorry to go off topic... but G Diesel you're the man, are you going to the Arnold Weekend in March?

I'll be there bro. Peace, G

G Diesel
02-12-07, 9:41 am
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but here goes....

Do you grind/blend the dry oats into a powder first before you add the rest of the shake ingredients, or do you just stuff all of it in a blender at once?

I just mix the Real gains, oats, peanut butter and milk into the blender and mix it all together simultaneously. Peace, G

Mr.Totality
03-08-07, 9:25 am
G,

I have been using it for a while based on your recommendations, nice shake man

G Diesel
03-08-07, 10:37 am
G,

I have been using it for a while based on your recommendations, nice shake man

Just had one this morning... One of the best additions I've ever made in inducing consistent gains. Peace, G

J-Dawg
03-08-07, 10:59 am
Just had one this morning... One of the best additions I've ever made in inducing consistent gains. Peace, G

G, I've been steadily upping my calories with a simliar shake. Like you said at one time during your seminar at the Arnold, if your lacking calories and need to get more calories in, follow up a meal with a shake. This here is fantastic advice... all "hardgainers" should harken this advice

G Diesel
03-08-07, 11:02 am
G, I've been steadily upping my calories with a simliar shake. Like you said at one time during your seminar at the Arnold, if your lacking calories and need to get more calories in, follow up a meal with a shake. This here is fantastic advice... all "hardgainers" should harken this advice

Definitely J... It is always easier to drink a calorie than eat one. Peace, G

DStorie7
03-15-07, 11:59 pm
for those people who want a change from the usual oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast...like myself...I've been using the Ronnie recipe...grits, egg whites, and piece of cheese. The grits are actually pretty good plus they mask the taste of the eggs so it tastes like cream of wheat, but keeps you loaded all morning.

peace.

jeff00z28
03-16-07, 12:34 am
i make some pretty hardcore ones too. I only have these after ive worked out in the day otherwise it will go right thru me. If i could id workout in the morning so I could have more of these shakes in the day.
5 scoops banana cytogainer
a packet of plain oats
1/2 banana
all in milk
they taste pretty good i would recommend making one
perfect for a high metabalism such as mine

in the mornign ill just have a myoplex packet w/ oats in milk which is only about 50 grams, then i usually eat a few protein bars before lunch

G Diesel
03-16-07, 9:42 am
for those people who want a change from the usual oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast...like myself...I've been using the Ronnie recipe...grits, egg whites, and piece of cheese. The grits are actually pretty good plus they mask the taste of the eggs so it tastes like cream of wheat, but keeps you loaded all morning.

peace.

Good stuff and delicious. I've had the "Ronnie bowl" many a morning. I think the 8x Mr. O might know a thing or two about eating to get big. Peace, G

Kepano8o8
03-21-07, 12:23 am
if you're lookin for a magic bullet DO NOT be a dumbass and order from the infomercial like I did, true I got 2 full sets but with shipping and all that crap it came out to almost 200 bucks, believe me I felt like an idiot when I went on ebay and saw that I could've bought both of them for like 80 bucks. but on the bright side it does work, it'll grind shit up, mix it up, chop it up or whatever the hell you want it to do. Oh and to the guys who said that at times its a little too small, go on ebay and get the blender/juicer thing for it and jus use the blender to make it bigger. ALohaz.

Kepano8o8
03-21-07, 12:47 am
Also wanted to say thanks for all the input on how to make mass building taste better, I have a nephew that has a really hard time puttin weight on and wants to play football but doesn't have the mass and this will help BIG TIME. Right now he's a 6'1" 15 year old that weighs in the area of around 150lbs? that wants to play defensive end, I think by his senior year with hardwork and dedication he'll get there, thanks again. ALohaz...

G Diesel
03-21-07, 4:36 pm
Also wanted to say thanks for all the input on how to make mass building taste better, I have a nephew that has a really hard time puttin weight on and wants to play football but doesn't have the mass and this will help BIG TIME. Right now he's a 6'1" 15 year old that weighs in the area of around 150lbs? that wants to play defensive end, I think by his senior year with hardwork and dedication he'll get there, thanks again. ALohaz...

At 15 he has plenty of time to grow... Tons of home cooked food, a few good shakes a day and some serious, focused training and he won't be able to keep from growing... He'll be ripping off QB heads. Good luck and let us know if we can help in any way. Peace, G

Kepano8o8
03-21-07, 5:41 pm
At 15 he has plenty of time to grow... Tons of home cooked food, a few good shakes a day and some serious, focused training and he won't be able to keep from growing... He'll be ripping off QB heads. Good luck and let us know if we can help in any way. Peace, G

yah he got alot of time to grow, thing is the kid eats more then I do and never gains a pound, I swear hes got the metabolic burning rate of lava, but these shakes should really help, thanks man and I'll let you know about his progress. ALohaz...

The German Wolf
04-13-07, 3:41 pm
G Diesel,

With meals spread 2 to 2 1/2 hours apart, I'm finding the only time for protein shakes half way between the meals. I usually do this all day for the five 1 scoop protein shakes I take. Is this correct? Should I combine the protein shake with the meal and have nothing in between? Thanks for your input.

The German Wolf

G Diesel
04-13-07, 4:29 pm
G Diesel,

With meals spread 2 to 2 1/2 hours apart, I'm finding the only time for protein shakes half way between the meals. I usually do this all day for the five 1 scoop protein shakes I take. Is this correct? Should I combine the protein shake with the meal and have nothing in between? Thanks for your input.

The German Wolf

I consider the shakes before bed to be "meals"... They are usually closer to 1-1.5 hrs before/after meals. I have a shake immediately postworkout and sometimes before training as well. Peace, G

ironshaolin
05-10-07, 3:47 pm
dude I just got a magic bullet recently, that thing is the bomb diggy(yeah, I said it). There has been no limit recently to my concoctions. A few recipes of mine I'd like to add:

Vanilla flavored protein
1 orange
water(I don't want the orange juice curdling the milk gross)
1 tsp vanilla extract
MMMMM

Chocolate protein
peanut butter
cinammon
milk
gram crackers

strawberry protein
1/2 cup mixed frozen berries
bananna
BERRY GOODNESS!
milk

JMC
05-10-07, 3:59 pm
dude I just got a magic bullet recently, that thing is the bomb diggy(yeah, I said it). There has been no limit recently to my concoctions. A few recipes of mine I'd like to add:

Dude, I'm with ya...got mine for my bday last month....hands down the best blender there is on the market! I've owned like 5 blenders and fucked them all up. The bullet...don't see it happening.

widdlewade44
05-10-07, 4:44 pm

Vanilla flavored protein
1 orange
water(I don't want the orange juice curdling the milk gross)
1 tsp vanilla extract
MMMMM

Chocolate protein
peanut butter
cinammon
milk
gram crackers

strawberry protein
1/2 cup mixed frozen berries
bananna
BERRY GOODNESS!
milk

Awesome recipes bro. I'll have to give these a try.

As an aside, I have to laugh because this is the first time I haven't gone " 'Magic Bullet', there's no magic bullet..." then I go..."oh, the Magic Bullet is a blender" Dee Dee Dee. lol.

These are great looking recipes and I love G's staple shake: PB, RG's, milk and oats.

Kevin
widdlewade44

sully
05-19-07, 9:21 pm
Are you taking taht on your off days too?

JHOORNSTRA
05-31-07, 6:56 pm

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

Im guessing when you have this shake in the AM...you dont eat eggs afterwards...you just go right to lunch? Cuz I dunno if I can drink a mass shake and then eat my omelette half an hour later....

G Diesel
06-01-07, 9:33 am
Im guessing when you have this shake in the AM...you dont eat eggs afterwards...you just go right to lunch? Cuz I dunno if I can drink a mass shake and then eat my omelette half an hour later....

Yeah bro, that is my morning shake, first thing I drink before I leave my house for work... Keeps me full for about 1.5 to 2 hrs, especially when there is some natty PB thrown in the mix. Peace, G

1skinnyassedrunt
08-19-07, 2:24 pm
I've got a hand blender with a pyrex mug, would that be the same as the magic bullet, I couldnt find the protein/carbs etc for real gains but could I sub real gains for serious mass?

G Diesel
08-28-07, 9:08 am
I've got a hand blender with a pyrex mug, would that be the same as the magic bullet, I couldnt find the protein/carbs etc for real gains but could I sub real gains for serious mass?

That blender would be fine bro... As for Real Gains, you can't beat it as far as clean calories from a gainer go. Peace, G

G Diesel
08-28-07, 9:13 am
Been examining the many benefits of raw dairy of late and the nutrient destroying effects of pasteurization and homogenization. The use of raw milk is very much in keeping with what the forefathers of our sport used to get jacked in the era before drugs and advanced supplements, when food was their lone ally. Here is the shake I've been making recently and to which I'm considering adding a couple raw eggs as well...

12 oz. raw milk
1 scoop Milk & Egg (choc)
1-2 scoops Ultra Iso Whey (choc)
2 TBSP Sugar Free Hershey's Syrup

Needless to say this shake is delicious and nutrient/protein packed. Peace, G

Flash419
08-28-07, 9:26 am
Raw eggs... man that brings back some memories. Back when I started this journey... 1984... ?... I was a freshman in HS, and mostly broke. I used to put two cups of milk, 4 raw eggs, and some vanilla to kill the taste, in a blender and that was my first protein shake.

How times have changed.. :)

Even the the protein shakes back then sucked, all tasted nasty, and were think as he!!. You had to mix with milk, and had to use a blender. What a pain in the @ss. I got a prework out drink mix one time that tasted like orange chalk. All I could do to keep it down. But it did color the toliet a nice shade of orange on leg day. Too bad my buddy worked at the gym, and had to clean the bathrooms. HA! HA!

ironshaolin
08-28-07, 11:11 am
where the hell do you get raw milk? I don't even think they sell that around here. Then again, this is long island, the home of suburban sprawl

Punisher
08-28-07, 11:54 am
Iron raw milk is legal in ny so ur lucky, you will have to go to a farm to get it though. you could also get it in CT they sell it in some stores there.

I made a similar shake yesterday and it was mighty tasty

1 Cup raw milk
1 whole egg
1 serving vanilla Animal Max
1 banana

throw that in the blender and watch yourself get hoouge

ironshaolin
08-28-07, 12:27 pm
so I can get it somewhere, I just gotta make a 45 minute drive east to the farmlands to get it.

G Diesel
08-28-07, 12:45 pm
Iron raw milk is legal in ny so ur lucky, you will have to go to a farm to get it though. you could also get it in CT they sell it in some stores there.

I made a similar shake yesterday and it was mighty tasty

1 Cup raw milk
1 whole egg
1 serving vanilla Animal Max
1 banana

throw that in the blender and watch yourself get hoouge

Sounds like a plan Punisher... Looks like an awesome shake. Peace, G

JoshXR8
09-01-07, 4:14 am
What does everyone take with the strawberry and Chocolate Real Gains. I'm just stating out with this stuff and I mixed up in my new bullet...

3.5 Scoops Strawberry Real Gains
1/2 Cup Oats
1 Tablespoon Peanut B
1 banana
~8oz No Fat Milk

I couldnt stomach it though...

ironshaolin
09-01-07, 8:32 am
whats really good with the strawberry is to add a bananna and some crushed ice, get a nice strawberry bananna thing goin on. I usually have chocolate, I like to mix it with frozen berries and peanut butter.

MassMonster
09-01-07, 9:35 am
mix in sum honey or cinnamon to the vanilla shakes and its golden...

schwabe0
09-02-07, 12:25 am
Mmmm mmm.

Love these recepies. I never measure things, but yogurt, milk, oats, pb, some fruit, and a splash of (probally expired) creatine came out pretty decent.

I have a question on the note of oats in shakes. Do you normally just dumb them in and to hell with it? Or has anyone tried microwaving/cooking them so that theyre soft like you would normally eat them before blending.

JMC
09-02-07, 4:21 pm
What does everyone take with the strawberry and Chocolate Real Gains. I'm just stating out with this stuff and I mixed up in my new bullet...

3.5 Scoops Strawberry Real Gains
1/2 Cup Oats
1 Tablespoon Peanut B
1 banana
~8oz No Fat Milk

I couldnt stomach it though...

What do you mean couldn't stomach it? That shake sounds delish! I'd go with choc though...not a fan of strawberry flavored shit.

bobbymart
09-02-07, 4:45 pm
I dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet but I use sugar free jello pudding mix in my shakes

Caramel sugar free jello puding mix just eyeball 1 3rd the packet
natty penut butter 1 tbl spoon
oats again with the eyeball about a cup
chocolate protein
sometimes half a bananna
mix with skim milk

tastes goood mixed in a blender about the consistancy of a milk shake

THORSHAMMER
09-13-07, 11:22 am
Gotta Give It A Try...thnx For The Post

Freakshow
09-18-07, 11:17 pm
Love the shake G. I cant wait for the Banana Real Gains to start circulating around online retailers so I can pick some up. Banana Real Gains, Oats, and PB are great first thing in the AM.

Question...do you have any recipies for Hard Fast? Just picked some of this stuff up and wanted to see if you have any recommendations for it?

G Diesel
10-17-07, 2:04 pm
This morning I tried this in my trusty Magic Bullet...

4 scoops Animal Max Vanilla
1/2 cup oats
4 oz. Liquid Egg Whites
6 oz. 1% milk

Plan on drinking a couple of these a day for the next few months and we'll see what happens. Peace, G

Elite
10-17-07, 2:08 pm
Im investing in a 'magic bullet' on payday. How much juice does one of those bad boys hold, the ones ive seen look small. Suppose appearances can be deceiving!

G Diesel
10-17-07, 2:08 pm
Im investing in a 'magic bullet' on payday. How much juice does one of those bad boys hold, the ones ive seen look small. Suppose appearances can be deceiving!

Probably like 16-20 oz. Peace, G

TufffGuY
10-17-07, 10:54 pm
What do you mean couldn't stomach it? That shake sounds delish! I'd go with choc though...not a fan of strawberry flavored shit.

I think he means bloated, I know I get that way with milk and fruit, and I get horrible gas as well lol.

wconner
10-19-07, 5:54 pm
This shake is the shit, It tastes awesome:

2 Egg whites,
3/4 c oatmeal
2 scoop protein powder chocolate
1 banana
2 tb peanut butter
2 tb honey
1 1/2 scoop l-glutamine powder
1-2 c skim milk

Blend until no chunks of banana
peace

Stabiliser
10-19-07, 6:38 pm
nice shake G diesel !! milk we can survive on this shit :) as for you guys drinking raw eggs white even in small quantity will coz you more harm than good, eating too many raw egg whites by themselves will cause you to suffer from a biotin deficiency
Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called "avidin" which binds biotin - one of the B vitamins - very effectively. The cooking process deactivates the avidin in the egg, much the same way it deactivates every other protein in the egg white. and you dnt want this to happen vitamin b complexes are impotant in all transaminases process including building your muscles

While it is true that eating too many raw egg whites by themselves will cause you to suffer from a biotin deficiency, the fact is that nature created the egg in such a way that its yolk is very rich in biotin. One of the highest concentration in nature. Eat the egg whole together with the egg white and you will be fine.(B.S biochemistry)

wconner
10-19-07, 7:34 pm
nice shake G diesel !! milk we can survive on this shit :) as for you guys drinking raw eggs white even in small quantity will coz you more harm than good, eating too many raw egg whites by themselves will cause you to suffer from a biotin deficiency
Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called "avidin" which binds biotin - one of the B vitamins - very effectively. The cooking process deactivates the avidin in the egg, much the same way it deactivates every other protein in the egg white. and you dnt want this to happen vitamin b complexes are impotant in all transaminases process including building your muscles

While it is true that eating too many raw egg whites by themselves will cause you to suffer from a biotin deficiency, the fact is that nature created the egg in such a way that its yolk is very rich in biotin. One of the highest concentration in nature. Eat the egg whole together with the egg white and you will be fine.(B.S biochemistry)

what about having egg whites with the animal pak, multi-vitamin

Stabiliser
10-20-07, 6:38 am
what about having egg whites with the animal pak, multi-vitamin

works too since animal pak contains biotin but make sure you also take multi-vitamin to flood your body with biotin becoz as ive said eggwhite which contains avidin will bind to biotin disabling its absorbtion...

Hoomgar
12-07-07, 9:40 pm
G, didn't read through the whole thread so hopfully this wasn't already answered. When you throw oats in your shakes, do you cook the oats first or put them in raw? And if raw, what type oats you use? I use organic oats, both whole and quick. I want to try this but didn't want to blow a whole blender full before I got this answer.

Thanks man.

DaveK
12-07-07, 10:02 pm
Word G! I love oats in my drinks. The other day I was jonesin for something sweet so I did a vanilla real gains with 2% chocolate milk from Wegmans...holy shit it was good!

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

Overcome Weakness
12-10-07, 2:55 pm

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

G ~ What kind of grains do you use?

wconner
12-12-07, 12:45 am
This is an awesome shake, it is good because we bodybuilders never really get to eat sugar foods or get that sugar taste: this provides both

1/4 c liquid egg white
1 c whole wheat oats
1 scoop l glutamine powder ( for recovery)
1 serv. Honey
4 tb peanut butter
2 scoop muscle milk chocolate
1 banana
1 - 1/2 c milk

Blen for at least 2 -3 min. Itttttttttssssssss Greeeeeeeeeeeat

Hoomgar
12-12-07, 7:54 am
G, didn't read through the whole thread so hopfully this wasn't already answered. When you throw oats in your shakes, do you cook the oats first or put them in raw? And if raw, what type oats you use? I use organic oats, both whole and quick. I want to try this but didn't want to blow a whole blender full before I got this answer.

Thanks man.

No worries, I figured it out. I tried it with raw whole oats, protein powder (chocolate), skim milk and a scoop of peanut butter. man oh man is it ever filling but very delicious :)

G Diesel
12-12-07, 9:03 am
G ~ What kind of grains do you use?

Just traditional Quaker oats... Nothing fancy. And yeah Hoomgar, I just blend them in raw. Peace, G

G Diesel
12-12-07, 9:10 am
New shit... Last night before bed as well as this morning...

8 oz. 1% milk
1/2 cup oats
2 TBSP natural peanut butter
5 scoops Animal Max Chocolate
1 scoop Real Gains Banana

885 calories, 84g of protein

Peace, G

krazyassmexican
12-12-07, 9:50 am
i am ready to try the milk and egg recipe you posted before
in a few weeks
that one sounds really tasty

Hoomgar
12-12-07, 2:32 pm
Just traditional Quaker oats... Nothing fancy. And yeah Hoomgar, I just blend them in raw. Peace, G

Thanks G. I forgot to mention, since I have been hitting these heavier shakes at bed time I have been sleeping through the whole night! That is like the first in over 3 months! No more waking up every 3 to 4 hours for more whey protein. I am also surprised that it isn't making me fat. I have been burning it. Hopefully turning it into muscle too ;)

purts
04-10-08, 9:49 am
This shake looks tasty! I will receive Real Gains (chocolate) in a few days. However I got a few questions. Let's say I wake up at 7:00AM and I take this shake (3.5 scoops Real Gains, 8 oz. 1/2% milk, 1/2 cup oats). That's meal #1. However, what happen to my regular meal #1 (could call it breakfast), which was:
3 eggs (with yolk), 2 egg whites
3/4 cup oats
200ml milk

I obviously can't take it two-three hours after meal #1 because I'm at school. Any idea what to do?

TheBassGuy
04-10-08, 10:04 am
This shake looks tasty! I will receive Real Gains (chocolate) in a few days. However I got a few questions. Let's say I wake up at 7:00AM and I take this shake (3.5 scoops Real Gains, 8 oz. 1/2% milk, 1/2 cup oats). That's meal #1. However, what happen to my regular meal #1 (could call it breakfast), which was:
3 eggs (with yolk), 2 egg whites
3/4 cup oats
200ml milk

I obviously can't take it two-three hours after meal #1 because I'm at school. Any idea what to do?

eat your regular meal #1 when you get up. put the shake in a thermos and slam it down at school.

Hoomgar
04-10-08, 11:34 am
eat your regular meal #1 when you get up. put the shake in a thermos and slam it down at school.

x2

kcinnitram91
04-10-08, 1:34 pm
If I have this shake for my first meal and then train about an hour later, is this ok?

1 serving chocolate Real Gains
2 tbsn natty PB
8-16oz 1% milk
1 bannana
2 whole eggs

AnabolicMass02
04-10-08, 2:23 pm

3.5 scoops Real Gains
8 oz. 1/2% milk
1/2 cup oats

That shit sounds so good right now. I am cuttin for a comp. and have not satisfied my stomach in 5 weeks now. Nicely done!

FourThirty
05-24-08, 10:22 am
I was thinking about getting the magic bullet for work. I think you just convinced me to get one.

Thanks G.

dmac1850
01-23-09, 10:32 pm
This time last year I was getting ready for ym last year of high school football, and I was kinda putting on sloppy weight (cutting for wrestlign will do that to ya). I also at the time loved lifting but, not body building aspirations, anyway, to the point, with this shake I went from 6'0" 189 in February to 6'0" 220 by May...
2200 cals from a weight gainer
3 scoops of PB
2 bananas
As much Whole milk as you can fit in the blender.
I now no longer use this shake haha.

mritter3
01-24-09, 1:18 pm
seems like a simple blend, I just ordered my blender, hope its as good as you say, it will be number 3 in the rotation.

Tartaglia
07-05-09, 4:08 pm
just a question, ive nev er tried oats before. and im just curious cause im on my way to get some stuff at the grocerie store. which oats should i buy. which are the best to blend?

TigerAce01
07-05-09, 8:10 pm
just a question, ive nev er tried oats before. and im just curious cause im on my way to get some stuff at the grocerie store. which oats should i buy. which are the best to blend?

Oats are probably my favorite carb source. Just buy some Quaker Quick Oats. Quick to cook, and easy to blend up in your shake.

-Ace

G Diesel
07-06-09, 9:17 am
Oats are probably my favorite carb source. Just buy some Quaker Quick Oats. Quick to cook, and easy to blend up in your shake.

-Ace

Yup. Just that simple. The store brand is an even better choice during the recession. Though I'm a Quaker guy, there is basically no difference other than price.

As an FYI, here's the most recent shake I'm blending in the Magic Bullet every morning...

6 oz pasteurized liquid egg whites
4 oz soy milk
1/2 cup dry oats
2 scoops Ultra Iso Whey Chocolate

Peace, G

theharjmann
07-06-09, 9:43 am

In the UK we can but ultra fine milled oats. That way you dont need to blend them...just put them in the shaker with whey and water...shake it and down it!

Tartaglia
07-06-09, 10:50 am
Yup. Just that simple. The store brand is an even better choice during the recession. Though I'm a Quaker guy, there is basically no difference other than price.

As an FYI, here's the most recent shake I'm blending in the Magic Bullet every morning...

4 oz soy milk
1/2 cup dry oats

Peace, G

Thats crazy, but i just bought some real gains, can i put real gains instead of whey?

NJC_Manhattan
07-06-09, 11:37 am

4 oz soy milk
1/2 cup dry oats

Peace, G

G,

I read a men's health article recently that mentioned how excess soy protein can raise estrogen levels in men, and cause other help problems.

Thought I'd ask the experts if this holds weight or is this author blowing smoke.

Thanks pal

G Diesel
07-06-09, 12:33 pm
Thats crazy, but i just bought some real gains, can i put real gains instead of whey?

Hell yeah you can... Make that into the ultimate mass shake.

G,

I read a men's health article recently that mentioned how excess soy protein can raise estrogen levels in men, and cause other help problems.

Thought I'd ask the experts if this holds weight or is this author blowing smoke.

Thanks pal

From the nutrition experts I've spoken to, that apparently is bullshit. I've simply been using it for the sake of variety, a different amino profile and due to the fact that it is a heart healthy food choice. If your concern is about the feminizing effects of the isoflavones in soy, I don't think that is even remotely an issue unless you're taking in a shitload daily and I use less than a cup total when I do. In short, don't believe the hype.

Peace, G

Tartaglia
07-08-09, 2:40 pm
I bought my oats, and my cottage cheese! Now do i just throw the oats in the blender? Or will i have to put it in the microwave first?

G Diesel
07-08-09, 3:18 pm
I bought my oats, and my cottage cheese! Now do i just throw the oats in the blender? Or will i have to put it in the microwave first?

Just throw em in the blender bro... Add your protein powder, liquids and whatever the hell else you want and go to work.

Peace, G

Find_The_Will
07-23-09, 2:54 pm
My favorite shake i make is

2 scoops of whey
1/4 cup of oats
1 scoop of Essential Aminos
1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 banana
water
ice cubes

CallOfTheWintermoon
07-25-09, 8:00 pm
2 cups skim milk
2 1/2 scoops Uni-Syn
1 T. Flax oil
some type of fruit

billyGUNZ
08-08-09, 3:12 pm
what flavour real mass do you rec. for the shake with the oats and milk?
vanilla?

Soldier
10-12-09, 4:01 pm
2 Scoops Protein (about 48 grams)
8 oz skim milk
1 1/2 bananas
5g creatine
5g glutamine
tablespoon natural pb

TigerAce01
10-12-09, 4:07 pm
2 scoops whey isolate
16 oz whole milk
100mg Vanadyl Sulfate
1g Vitamin C

I pop in the Vanadyl Sulfate in order to take advantage of the dextrose in whole milk. Spiked insulin along with an insulin sensitivity enhancer is a one two knockout punch. Vitamin C also helps maintain blood glucose levels, aids in digestion, and of course aids immunity.

-Ace

G Diesel
10-12-09, 4:09 pm
My current morning shake made in the Magic Bullet is...

2 scoops Just Whey chocolate
10 oz milk
1/2 cup dry oats
1 tbsp natty PB

Simple, tasty, relatively clean.

Peace, G

Little Z
10-12-09, 10:48 pm
My current morning shake made in the Magic Bullet is...

2 scoops Just Whey chocolate
10 oz milk
1/2 cup dry oats
1 tbsp natty PB

Simple, tasty, relatively clean.

Peace, G

you got a sponsorship from Magic Bullet yet? hahaha

i need to pick me up one.. my blender gave out on me awhile ago.. so i havent been able to create anything lately..

juand731
10-13-09, 11:19 am
I had my magic bullet for about a year, and its still going, im going to have buy some new blades for it though soon. As for a shake im doing,

1.5 scoop of chocolate whey (40 grams of protein) (280 calories)
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (14 grams of protein (380 calories)
a good amount of oats (about 200 calories and about 10 grams of protein)
about 12 oz of low fat milk (12 grams of protein) (200 calories)
egg whites beater 3 tablespoons (9 grams of protein) (90 calories)

blend that shit and pound it, but it taste good twice a day! Morning and evening!
thats 1150 calories and 85 grams of protein, all good carbs, great for bulking!

McFly
10-13-09, 11:28 am
this magic bullet you speak of.....I may need to invest......

Hoomgar
10-14-09, 10:23 am

Was thinking the same thing. Any recommendations on which one and where to buy?

G Diesel
10-14-09, 12:23 pm
you got a sponsorship from Magic Bullet yet? hahaha

i need to pick me up one.. my blender gave out on me awhile ago.. so i havent been able to create anything lately..

Was thinking the same thing. Any recommendations on which one and where to buy?

I'm still waiting on those mainstream sponsorships. Haha. Nothing wrong with a little infomercial action. A little kickback kicking back into my pocket. All in due time.

I just have the standard one and I think my girl's mom bought it from Bed, Bath and Beyond and I've ripped through like 2 of em in 3 years and they exchange em no questions asked. Very nice.

Peace, G

Hoomgar
10-14-09, 12:43 pm
I'm still waiting on those mainstream sponsorships. Haha. Nothing wrong with a little infomercial action. A little kickback kicking back into my pocket. All in due time.

Hey they have the George Foreman grill, why not the G Diesel Magic Bullet? Works for me.

I just have the standard one and I think my girl's mom bought it from Bed, Bath and Beyond and I've ripped through like 2 of em in 3 years and they exchange em no questions asked. Very nice.

I am seeing them up on Amazon for around 50 bills as a kit. Might nab one from there.

Hg

GJN5002
10-14-09, 1:06 pm

Peace, G

hey G, do you kow if you can buy replacement cups for the MB? I have successfully broken almost all the little plastic tabs off the cups and now have to jam forks in to depress where the plastic tabs used to be.

Little Z
10-14-09, 1:23 pm

Peace, G

Alright.. heres the deal.. when I get your way, or when the time approaches for the Cage, which ever comes first.. we are going to record an
infomercial.. all serious here.. lol.. ill get Billy Mays III on the horn (i know him, no jokes) and we'll get it done all proper.. hahaha

Zeus92
07-18-10, 1:38 am
Hey G, how long do you wait before working out after you drink your current shake?

pushin weight
08-16-10, 2:13 pm
im sure this has been covered a million times but is there any concern to consuming raw eggs? thanks

Sprint
08-17-10, 9:19 am
To the best of my knowledge, the risk of drinking raw eggs in terms of samonella (i dont think thats the spelling) has diminished substantially from what it was. Various vaccinations of the chickens/hens has helped see to that. Buy your eggs from a reputable brand, In the U.K. there is the Lion Stamp of approval which means that due to the quality of the brand and/or living conditions for the birds risk of salmonella (still doesnt look right) is extremely low. Not something I've ever done myself, but my old training buddy drinks a few every morning & hasn't had any problems.

Puerto Rico
09-15-10, 11:04 am
sounds like a pretty solid drink ...

G Diesel
09-15-10, 1:34 pm
hey G, do you kow if you can buy replacement cups for the MB? I have successfully broken almost all the little plastic tabs off the cups and now have to jam forks in to depress where the plastic tabs used to be.

That is a good question, I haven't yet replaced the cups. But I did take back a couple of the blenders over the years. Still use mine every morning.

Hey G, how long do you wait before working out after you drink your current shake?

I'd wait at least 45 minutes or so before training. I like to train with food in my system, but never bloated after just eating or drinking a big shake. You want your blood in the working muscle, not in your gut working on digestion.

My current breakfast mass shake is...

10 oz. 1% milk
2 scoops old fashioned oats
2 scoops Specialized Protein for Lean Mass
1 TBSP Natural Peanut Butter

Peace, G

Vinny G
09-15-10, 2:03 pm
That is a good question, I haven't yet replaced the cups. But I did take back a couple of the blenders over the years. Still use mine every morning.

I'd wait at least 45 minutes or so before training. I like to train with food in my system, but never bloated after just eating or drinking a big shake. You want your blood in the working muscle, not in your gut working on digestion.

My current breakfast mass shake is...

10 oz. 1% milk
2 scoops old fashioned oats
2 scoops Specialized Protein for Lean Mass

Peace, G

Add some sugar free QUICK in that.....yum, sounds great G, CANT WAIT TILL THE DIET IS OVER

G Diesel
09-15-10, 2:04 pm
Add some sugar free QUICK in that.....yum, sounds great G, CANT WAIT TILL THE DIET IS OVER

I like your style Vinny G. That sounds awesome.

Peace, G

Thunder Chicken
10-24-10, 11:56 pm
Alright.. heres the deal.. when I get your way, or when the time approaches for the Cage, which ever comes first.. we are going to record an
infomercial.. all serious here.. lol.. ill get Billy Mays III on the horn (i know him, no jokes) and we'll get it done all proper.. hahaha

i say i be the before then the after will be G hahaha!

G Diesel
11-10-10, 9:57 am
Here's what I'm making this month, first thing in the AM in the Magic Bullet. About 60g of protein (and it is as good as it sounds)...

1 scoop Pro & Oats Rich Chocolate
1 scoop Ultra Whey Pro Double Chocolate Chip
8-10 oz 1% milk

Peace, G

Big Byrd
11-10-10, 1:54 pm
Cant wait to get my Pro&Oats order in that sounds really good. May have to get some dble choc chip and give this try

Oz_78
11-15-10, 11:38 pm
Here's what I'm making this month, first thing in the AM in the Magic Bullet. About 60g of protein (and it is as good as it sounds)...

8-10 oz 1% milk

Peace, G
Damn that sounds good. Always great reading up on new ways to get that morning shake down the hatch with some variety, thanks for posting it up.

Cheers

G Diesel
11-16-10, 10:28 am
Cant wait to get my Pro&Oats order in that sounds really good. May have to get some dble choc chip and give this try

You're gonna love it Byrdman.

Damn that sounds good. Always great reading up on new ways to get that morning shake down the hatch with some variety, thanks for posting it up.

Cheers

No doubt bro. It is delicious. Let me know if you try it out or if you have some shake recipes we need to be checking out.

Peace, G

TigerAce01
11-16-10, 10:55 am
Try this one...I mixed it together pre workout, and the taste is just as good as the results :

2 scoops ultra iso whey lemonade
1 scoop Citrus Carb Max
1 scoop grape Storm
1 serving orange BCAA Stack

Pump was great, energy was high, and my recovery was on point.

-Ace

G Diesel
11-16-10, 10:58 am
Try this one...I mixed it together pre workout, and the taste is just as good as the results :

1 scoop Citrus Carb Max
1 scoop grape Storm

-Ace

Daring... The grape action threw the whole citrus vibe off course.

That said I do like the Lemonade Iso Whey with Citrus Carb Max and Orange BCAA Stack combo.

Peace, G

TigerAce01
11-16-10, 3:18 pm
Daring... The grape action threw the whole citrus vibe off course.

That said I do like the Lemonade Iso Whey with Citrus Carb Max and Orange BCAA Stack combo.

Peace, G

Surprisingly, the grape actually went really well with it all. The only real reason I added it was to get some preworkout creatine and NO2 stimulators in there, but it turned out pretty damn well.

-Ace

Razor
11-16-10, 3:52 pm

8-10 oz 1% milk

Peace, G

Just gotta get my hands on that new Ultra Whey...

PUMA
01-16-11, 1:22 pm
awesome shakeage. and the magic bullet = genious of engineering. GE makes a replica which is just as good and it sells at wal-mart for 20 bucks! Love that blender!

Enforcer
09-23-12, 12:09 pm
Hey G, what is the current G Diesel "Shake" of choice?

EgyptianBeast
05-21-14, 12:21 am

1 scoop Citrus Carb Max
1 scoop grape Storm

-Ace

I am actually going to give this a shot. Could you use a break from preworkout supps. G did you try this?

G Diesel
05-21-14, 9:10 am
Hey G, what is the current G Diesel "Shake" of choice?

My brother, I've been doing this every AM in the shaker cup...

2 scoops Double Chocolate Chip Ultra Whey Pro
10 oz organic 1% milk
1/2 cup oats

Then postworkout, I dig this a lot...

1 pack Vanilla Uni-Syn
12 oz. Orange Gatorade
5g Universal Creatine Mono

I am actually going to give this a shot. Could you use a break from preworkout supps. G did you try this?

I never did bro. But I like the exotic flavor combinations. Let me know how it is man.

Peace, G

Lightnin'
06-29-15, 12:46 am
My buddy Deisel,

Hope your anabolic residue lined cup still has dust from our talks.

My latest creation:

With Grape Nuts in the blender for a good twist then, drink, finishes as a cereal
1/3 cup Grape nuts, sub oats if you want 1/2 cup
1 1/2 cups 1% milk
2 scoops whey vanilla
Few frozen strawberries
Cup of strawberry or vanilla yogurt

70 pro
70 carb

Very light too. Won't make you bloated or sloshy. Chug half. Wait 5, down the cereal. Eat the weights.

G Diesel
06-29-15, 12:26 pm
I'm currently drinking 2-3 shakes per day. All pretty simple and straight forward.

AM is 2 scoops Animal Whey Double Chocolate Chip in 10 oz 1% milk.

Postworkout is 2 scoops Animal Whey Vanilla mixed with orange or lemon lime Gatorade, 5 g Creatine and 10g Glutamine.

Before bed, I sometimes do the same as the AM shake, but occasionally I swap in unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Peace, G

skibasgym
10-29-15, 10:12 pm

Great shake base. I use a Ninja blender for my shakes and it is the best I've ever used.