PDA

View Full Version : leg training advice

Ninja
02-26-13, 6:16 am
hey brothers, need some direction when it comes to gaining strength and size in my legs. ive been putting foth some extra serious effort training legs the past 6 months or so but have had very minimal strength or size gains. i use a good amount of variety in my leg workouts to keep my body guessing but always hit the big lifts like squats and leg pressses. one thing i know is i need to increase my food intake but any training or maybe even specific supplement strategies that could help would be greatly appreciated!

iamthemacattack
02-26-13, 8:30 am
Hey Ninja,

I would stick with the big lifts for mass, squats, leg press, then straight leg deads, maybe some extensions and calf raises. Old school mass builders.

Go old school with your nutrition as well - steak, eggs, chicken, potatoes and rice. Throw some veggies in and you should be on your way. Eat big, get big.

C.Coronato
02-26-13, 8:48 am
Hey bro, whats your leg training now?

Ninja
02-27-13, 6:27 am
Hey bro, whats your leg training now?

thanks for the input! well for the past six months i spent three of that totally focused on legs. i trained them as soon as they were recovered from the previous workout, whether that was 3 days or 8. but for the past three months ive been training them once a week.
sunday - off
monday - legs (quads/hams/calves)
tuesday - arms and forearms
wednesday - off
thursday - chest/abs/calves
friday - back/forearms
saturday - shoulders/traps/abs

and my average leg workout looks something like this

bb squat - 4x15 - 135lbs.-155lbs
leg press - 4x20 - 200lbs-400lbs (last set is a triple drop set)
bb lunge or front squat - 3 or 4 sets of 12 - 95lbs
romanian deadlift - 4x10 or 12 - 135lbs
leg extension and leg curl till failure usinf assorted weight and reps
and two to three calve exercises, whatever i feel like hitting