PDA

View Full Version : PR'ing three weeks in a row.

KettleBellFreak
02-27-13, 9:06 pm
And the PR's are actually getting more reps along with weight. I DL 415 as a PR but don't do it often just because I like Bent barbell rows better for back. I've PR'd three weeks in a row now... I don't know if I'm hurting more than helping or doing well enough to actually gain the strength. I'm eating ass loads of meat, half gallon of choc milk every two days, tons of clean carbs and doing cardio every session. I'm not sure if this is bad, or I should keep trucking. I haven't been overly sore or lacking strength in other areas after these. It feels like an "ignorance is bliss" sort of thing and I just don't know how bad it's gonna be.

Week before last BBR: 245x1
Last week BBR: 255x2
This week BBR: 265x2

I don't know, I like the numbers but I'm not sure if this is more harm than good

Lifting_Is_Life
02-27-13, 9:39 pm
And the PR's are actually getting more reps along with weight. I DL 415 as a PR but don't do it often just because I like Bent barbell rows better for back. I've PR'd three weeks in a row now... I don't know if I'm hurting more than helping or doing well enough to actually gain the strength. I'm eating ass loads of meat, half gallon of choc milk every two days, tons of clean carbs and doing cardio every session. I'm not sure if this is bad, or I should keep trucking. I haven't been overly sore or lacking strength in other areas after these. It feels like an "ignorance is bliss" sort of thing and I just don't know how bad it's gonna be.

Week before last BBR: 245x1
Last week BBR: 255x2
This week BBR: 265x2

I don't know, I like the numbers but I'm not sure if this is more harm than good

Personal thoughts, more will chime in I'm sure, but don't do this to yourself. DON'T DO IT. Start messing with your mind and over thinking things is what will waver your strength and fortitude. Listen to your body, muscles and mind together and if things are going great then take that ride all the way out! Start questioning your abilities and gains and you'll start becoming unsure inside of the gym and start taking a toll on your workouts as a whole.

KettleBellFreak
02-27-13, 9:51 pm
Personal thoughts, more will chime in I'm sure, but don't do this to yourself. DON'T DO IT. Start messing with your mind and over thinking things is what will waver your strength and fortitude. Listen to your body, muscles and mind together and if things are going great then take that ride all the way out! Start questioning your abilities and gains and you'll start becoming unsure inside of the gym and start taking a toll on your workouts as a whole.

That's some fucking wisdom brother. You make a solid point. Appreciate it. Thought about taking a deload week then right back to pr status, unless I walk into the garage with my back feeling like it did today. Then I'll shoot for another 265 or maybe get ballsy for another pr. But I seriously appreciate that advice man. That's definitely a principle to remember.

JHOORNSTRA
02-27-13, 10:41 pm
That's some fucking wisdom brother. You make a solid point. Appreciate it. Thought about taking a deload week then right back to pr status, unless I walk into the garage with my back feeling like it did today. Then I'll shoot for another 265 or maybe get ballsy for another pr. But I seriously appreciate that advice man. That's definitely a principle to remember.

I agree, solid advice...I deload every four weeks, I usually don't want to but when I actually start, I feel like it's well deserved. It also irritates me having to go that light and the hunger fuels the next week even harder....

JHO

KettleBellFreak
02-27-13, 11:10 pm
I agree, solid advice...I deload every four weeks, I usually don't want to but when I actually start, I feel like it's well deserved. It also irritates me having to go that light and the hunger fuels the next week even harder....

JHO

always good advice from animals. Whether it be mental or training. I hate lifting light so a deload might be fuel to the fire, thanks for the thought man

JHOORNSTRA
02-27-13, 11:18 pm
always good advice from animals. Whether it be mental or training. I hate lifting light so a deload might be fuel to the fire, thanks for the thought man

Any time