PDA

View Full Version : Train with the Animal - Freakshow

Kowboy
03-04-13, 10:29 am
I had the incredible opportunity to train with Freakshow at the National ABC. I was completely blown away with how nice he was. He immediately came in and we began to search around to find a spot to deadlift and get some work in. We eventually had to settle on just mixing it up with the crew that was already deadlifting. once we got through the warmup he was having me do sets of 5 speed pulls w/ 315. I really did learn a lot, I need to keep my head and chest up and pull my hips through faster. My shins are pretty beat up but he was hitting me w/ bamboo every time I missed the lift and didn't execute it properly....I learned quickly LOL

I can't thank Marshall enough and the whole Animal crew for allowing me such a great opportunity.

Animal
03-04-13, 12:23 pm
I had the incredible opportunity to train with Freakshow at the National ABC. I was completely blown away with how nice he was. He immediately came in and we began to search around to find a spot to deadlift and get some work in. We eventually had to settle on just mixing it up with the crew that was already deadlifting. once we got through the warmup he was having me do sets of 5 speed pulls w/ 315. I really did learn a lot, I need to keep my head and chest up and pull my hips through faster. My shins are pretty beat up but he was hitting me w/ bamboo every time I missed the lift and didn't execute it properly....I learned quickly LOL

I can't thank Marshall enough and the whole Animal crew for allowing me such a great opportunity.

I met him for the first time this past weekend, and I have to say, he's class all the way. Great ambassador for the sport and the brand.

Madcat
03-04-13, 1:28 pm
Don;t forget his "fuel" jug. Loved that thing, I must have missed the bambo lashings LOL.

Kowboy
03-04-13, 1:33 pm
I met him for the first time this past weekend, and I have to say, he's class all the way. Great ambassador for the sport and the brand.

100% agree to this, plus you add in the fact that I have higa on the side cheering me on and seath behind me there is no wonder I was flying through that workout. Always an amazing time.

mritter3
03-04-13, 1:34 pm
Sounds awesome trebin...

Kowboy
Don;t forget his "fuel" jug. Loved that thing, I must have missed the bambo lashings LOL.

What is crazy is that I need a jug to use at work so I am stealing this idea. I will put his name on it to make sure I give credit lol

Steve and anyone else, can you send me any pics or videos you took of this? mark.nibert@gmail.com

Dman
Yea seriously I met him the other day super nice dude and wicked beard as well haha!!

naturalguy
03-04-13, 1:37 pm
I am seriously jealous that you got to train with him. I spent some time with him and he seems like a great guy

Kowboy
03-04-13, 1:39 pm
Yea seriously I met him the other day super nice dude and wicked beard as well haha!!

Totally jealous of the beard, I really am.

I am seriously jealous that you got to train with him. I spent some time with him and he seems like a great guy

NG it was incredible, he dedicated 100% of his focus on me. He helped every single guy over there as well. He even helped me w/ accessories and put me through the ringer. I am still feeling it. Even when I was squatting in the cage he kept pointing his finger up, I could feel my head dropping but w/ those strong dudes in front of you man you just can't give up.

Still in awe over the whole weekend....totally nuts

smoothballer
03-05-13, 7:57 pm

This^^^

C.Coronato
03-06-13, 10:44 am
Awesome. One of the coolest/nicest guys I met. Unfortunately I didnt get to talk to him much as I was in The Shop all weekend, but good to hear you had a great experience Treb.

Kowboy
03-06-13, 10:47 am
It was totally worth missing the Strongman finals and everything. I had so much fun.