PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for The Cage 2014

Animal
03-05-13, 1:31 pm
Many of us are still riding the high from this past weekend. But I'm sure there were some lows too. It's easy for us to gloss over the problems or issues, but we can't improve unless we know what we need to work on. I can't promise we'll implement every suggestion, every idea, but we will do our best. I've already read some comments here and elsewhere about how we might improve things, but this thread is specifically the place for people to tell us what didn't work. Don't be shy. Don't be afraid. This is your way to tell us what we can do to be better in 2014--we want to do better. Thanks in advance.

J Wong
03-05-13, 1:52 pm
The only complaint I had from my time there was that it was impossible for spectators to see unless they were right there up front. However...I am 99% sure there is no fix for that!

HIGA MONSTER
03-05-13, 2:28 pm
Make sure Met-Rx does not have that fuckin irritating girl yelling out, "DO 20 MORE JUMPING JACKS!"

I was sick of hearing that bitch...it seemed that her voice drowned out the seminars.
Vinny G was right...that was some irritating shit.

HIGA MONSTER

shortstack
03-05-13, 2:29 pm
Forum Event
I think that this was the first year having the forum event on Sunday instead of Sat. I liked having it on Sat when most of the forum members will make the journey in and you could get everyone in there to kind of kick off the Pre National ABC that night. I left Sun morning so I missed it and I really enjoyed the last 5 years of everyone getting together from all the crazyness of the expo and having that time set aside just for us.

The Shop
Having worked the Shop on Sat, we could have used a couple guys to direct traffic for the shirt line. It switched about 3 different ways and you never knew where people were coming from. Also had issues with people waiting to buy shirts in the line for the customization. I just took the money and ran it over to someone in the shop and got them the shirt instead of making them go back around. I'm not sure the best way as both the shop and the t shirt line were huge. It worked but was a bit chaotic.

The Cage
I thought everything worked well there. The box is always jam packed and Ragin Asian and I talked about a small 2-3 tier riser platform to get some more forum members in the cage but that blocks the people from the outside.

I think a few minor changes will make it flow better but for that many people, I think everyone did a hell of a job.

JUGGERNAUT
03-05-13, 2:29 pm
Make sure Met-Rx does not have that fuckin irritating girl yelling out, "DO 20 MORE JUMPING JACKS!"

I was sick of hearing that bitch...it seemed that her voice drowned out the seminars.

HIGA MONSTER

X3!!!!

SoChillBro
03-05-13, 2:50 pm

HIGA MONSTER

This. Also the agree with not being able to see unless you are right against the cage. If I remember correctly didnt there used to be a set of bleachers for spectators to sit and watch the events or was that at the Olympia? But I know space is an issue.

Firefist
03-05-13, 3:14 pm
For me, in working the shirt making and selling stuff, I got to interact with the customers quite a bit. I think alot of people really dig deeper colored shirts accented with white writing, namely black short sleeves with white writing or the reds with ox on it. I think more gym bags would be a good thing as they sold out the first day. Call me crazy, but an animal tank would sell like hotcakes. A little less streamlined, more raw version of the Universal cut? Keep the custom shirts for sure and maybe not do em the following year to keep the novelty of it. Maybe run a twosided shop again with the presses on one side to keep the flow of traffic running?

The little changing/locker room in the box for the athletes was a good idea, but I think the placement of it could be worked around. I know some shit went missing from more than one individual, and you cannot blame that on the VIP box watchman. Waaaaay to much shit going on to keep watch of something like that, which should be on the honor code for us guests in the first place. If you stole from there and youre reading this, shame on you.

I guess the floorplan of the cage could be altered a bit to utilize more space. I know the product storage in the back was huuuuuuge and maybe the extra space could have been used for something else?

A two tiered arrangement would be sweet, but with the convention centers rules, id be suprised if they were ok with it. Actually, how did that girl screaming next to us not get her volume turned down like we did in the past? that shit was annoying.

SlimJim
03-05-13, 3:16 pm
Whoever was responsible for the microwave in the cage this year deserves some thanks. That was a fantastic idea, and definitely should make a return next year.

Ragin Asian
03-05-13, 4:39 pm
1. Shortstack mentioned about our discussing portable bleachers or riser platform so that more members/participants can fit inside the Cage especially during the bench bodyweight for reps challenges - that seems to be the time the Cage gets the most crowded. If not in the Cage like where the dumbbell rack was, maybe in the area of the box? I know space is limited in there, so it would be difficult to swing. The only problem with having something like bleachers inside near the performance area is that people outside of the Cage won't be able to see.

So my other suggestion would be to have a couple or few flatscreen displays mounted in key spots so that fans can see what's going on inside if they're too short or can't get up close enough to the fence to watch. Just a suggestion. :)

2. Also, from the athletes' perspective - maybe make plans for and identify who to invite further out from the Arnold Festival. Many athletes train 12-16 weeks out from competitions. So you're dealing with either the athlete who doesn't have a meet to prepare for needs more time in training to really put together a stellar performance, or you have an athlete who has a meet to do the same weekend/soon and had they known they would have the opportunity to be in the Cage, they would have trained strictly for that and not commit to a meet.

I can pretty much state with confidence that most of the athletes in the Cage this year would prefer to focus only on performing in the Cage over doing a meet. The Cage is the pinnacle of fun and enjoyment in our sports.

3. The bench is really nice and very solid! Just a suggestion for moving forward when using it in the Cage for the heavy benching - need a platform for the hand-off guy. Standing on the 100's was a good temporary solution, but still difficult to safely hand-off heavier weight without banging shins against the bar below the bench. It shouldn't be too difficult to build up a wooden or metal platform for the hand-off guy to stand on and have more leverage.

4. Another suggestion about the bench - would you consider replacing the bench pad with a "Fat Pad"? Our good friend Donnie Thompson developed a thicker and slightly wider pad to help protect the shoulders and provide more stability for benchers. He would have the Animal logo put on it with no problem. Basically, this pad is slightly wider so that the lifters back of the shoulders aren't completely hanging off the edges of the bench pad. This helps to prevent shoulder injury, especially during very heavy and extreme benching. He designed it primarily for the big boys that have wide backs, but it's beneficial to lifters of every size and much safer.

We're working on proposing to federations that they amend their rulebooks to allow for the use of this pad in competitions - lifters' safety is a big deal, and unfortunately shoulder injuries are becoming more common as we push the envelope with heavier benching.

I hate to sound demanding with my suggestions - they're just suggestions. We are amazed and extremely grateful for the support Animal provided to us in equipment and handling for our event. They went far above and beyond to help everyone put on a good show for the fans. Anyone who knows Powerswitch and me personally knows we haven't and won't promote any other company but Universal Nutrition, specifically Animal - and for good reason!

GUNS
03-05-13, 6:50 pm
The only complaint I had from my time there was that it was impossible for spectators to see unless they were right there up front. However...I am 99% sure there is no fix for that!Flat Screens around the cage!

HIGA MONSTERSlingShots that we can launch at her with a pack of Animal Pak!

For me, in working the shirt making and selling stuff, I got to interact with the customers quite a bit. I think alot of people really dig deeper colored shirts accented with white writing, namely black short sleeves with white writing or the reds with ox on it. I think more gym bags would be a good thing as they sold out the first day. Call me crazy, but an animal tank would sell like hotcakes. A little less streamlined, more raw version of the Universal cut? Keep the custom shirts for sure and maybe not do em the following year to keep the novelty of it. Maybe run a twosided shop again with the presses on one side to keep the flow of traffic running?

The little changing/locker room in the box for the athletes was a good idea, but I think the placement of it could be worked around. I know some shit went missing from more than one individual, and you cannot blame that on the VIP box watchman. Waaaaay to much shit going on to keep watch of something like that, which should be on the honor code for us guests in the first place. If you stole from there and youre reading this, shame on you.

I guess the floorplan of the cage could be altered a bit to utilize more space. I know the product storage in the back was huuuuuuge and maybe the extra space could have been used for something else?

A two tiered arrangement would be sweet, but with the convention centers rules, id be suprised if they were ok with it. Actually, how did that girl screaming next to us not get her volume turned down like we did in the past? that shit was annoying.Agree, I had so many people asking me for tanks, and for short sleeve black tanks! People stood in a long line then when they got to me, and asked about these items, they walked off!

As Kathy said, my wife said the same to me on Sat, there needs to be flat screens around the cage and showing live lifts. It wa shard to see the lifts bad!

Other than that, great job!

J Wong
03-05-13, 6:51 pm
2. Also, from the athletes' perspective - maybe make plans for and identify who to invite further out from the Arnold Festival. Many athletes train 12-16 weeks out from competitions. So you're dealing with either the athlete who doesn't have a meet to prepare for needs more time in training to really put together a stellar performance, or you have an athlete who has a meet to do the same weekend/soon and had they known they would have the opportunity to be in the Cage, they would have trained strictly for that and not commit to a meet.

I definitely agree with this. The lifters would be able to treat the cage as a meet and be able to peak for it starting 12 or so weeks out. Imagine if Jesse Norris had 3 months prep time to pull in the cage? It would have been his main focus and 800+ probably would have went down.

Ragin Asian
03-05-13, 8:34 pm
Flat Screens around the cage!

SlingShots that we can launch at her with a pack of Animal Pak!

Agree, I had so many people asking me for tanks, and for short sleeve black tanks! People stood in a long line then when they got to me, and asked about these items, they walked off!

As Kathy said, my wife said the same to me on Sat, there needs to be flat screens around the cage and showing live lifts. It wa shard to see the lifts bad!

About the tanks - I had many chicks come up to me and ask me if there were tanks available as well. Some knew that there are no baby tees for women anymore and were asking for tanks in place of them.

Which brings me to my next suggestion as I'm thinking about it - might want to bring back the baby tees. I'm not saying this just to satisfy a handful of women who asked. I'm trying to point out that there is a huge following of "power women" nowadays. Several years ago when Powerswitch and I did our first Cage event, sure it was understood that Animal meant MAN. But over the years, there have been more and more women hitting the iron alongside brethren as the sports and industries evolve, they want to be able to show their loyalty to the brand but with a little feminine flair. Sorry if this is not welcomed, but that's the general consensus from the chicks. And like it or not, you're gonna have us there one way or another. The chicks aren't trying to take over anything - we all love that it's hardcore and "not the norm" - unlike other companies who flaunt their teeny weeny bunny chicks. We're not looking for that at all. Just a little sumthin sumthin for us gals to wear so that we can show we are hardcore as much as the guys are. We take the paks too, we drink our torrents and storm, we work hard in the gym and most of us outlift the guys in typical gyms. Not to forget that there are many world class female strength athletes who would love to promote Animal - we would like to do it with a little feminine touch to the apparel. Please bring back the baby tees, at least.

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 10:47 am
While I'm at it with my "chick" rant - LOL!!! I know Metro Fitness is great and all, it has served it's purpose for many years. I have no idea what kind of arrangement was/is made with them. But it's too small. Sorry - our ANIMAL FAMILY has grown so much, we need a bigger HOUSE!!!!

I think Beyond Limits gym would be best to accommodate - not just in capacity, but also in equipment - we've got lots of monsters in our family, they do more than just stare in the mirror curling. LOL!!!! I'm not talking about just sponsored athletes, I'm talking about our true Animal family - our brethren and sisters on the forum (even outside of the forum yet loyal) are beyond dealing with foofoo gyms. Metro Fitness was cool in the beginning, but we have outgrown that facility. Not trying to take away from it at all - they've been so accommodating and helpful, not to forget they're so close to the Hyatt. But we have outgrown them and many of us can see that in their staffs' eyes and hear their comments while we're there - we know after the last few years, we have made it difficult for them - despite what the owner tries to do to make money. Trust me, we understand when we have "outgrown our britches" and pay attention to the comments made by the gym staff each year. I don't blame them, if I were in their shoes, I'd be bitching too when having to deal with the huge ANIMAL family. LOL!!!! But that's why we need a bigger spot to accommodate and not piss anybody off. :) :) :)

However, the point of the Animal ABC in Columbus is to accommodate the fans and forum members. Most of them don't stay in hotels in downtown Columbus - they're usually staying in hotels right on the outskirts of the town. I believe Beyond Limits is the best spot to be able to accommodate all of what I have mentioned. The location is 0.7 miles away from the Hyatt hotel. If our own athletes can't walk that, there's something wrong. I would hitch a ride with some Animal's or walk it myself to get there - I know many other brethren would do the same. If convenience is a concern - I'm sure shuttles can be arranged at low price (managed to get a foot in the door on that one with local transport co) :) :) :)

mritter3
03-06-13, 11:37 am

HIGA MONSTER

^^^this...she was annoying as shit!

mritter3
03-06-13, 11:43 am
Forum Event
I think that this was the first year having the forum event on Sunday instead of Sat. I liked having it on Sat when most of the forum members will make the journey in and you could get everyone in there to kind of kick off the Pre National ABC that night. I left Sun morning so I missed it and I really enjoyed the last 5 years of everyone getting together from all the crazyness of the expo and having that time set aside just for us.

The Shop
Having worked the Shop on Sat, we could have used a couple guys to direct traffic for the shirt line. It switched about 3 different ways and you never knew where people were coming from. Also had issues with people waiting to buy shirts in the line for the customization. I just took the money and ran it over to someone in the shop and got them the shirt instead of making them go back around. I'm not sure the best way as both the shop and the t shirt line were huge. It worked but was a bit chaotic.

The Cage
I thought everything worked well there. The box is always jam packed and Ragin Asian and I talked about a small 2-3 tier riser platform to get some more forum members in the cage but that blocks the people from the outside.

I think a few minor changes will make it flow better but for that many people, I think everyone did a hell of a job.

Agreed with doing forvm event sat..missed it as well, I'm not sure how the abc can be changed but there was just too many people there, I actually planned for that so I got there early and trained before it started, it's a good thing that there are so many to represent animal, but I'd say maybe be more strict and if ya didn't sign up and hour name is not on list that u shouldn't come because some people missed out on stuff who signed up. Gotta say the customization idea was awesome but the line was so long I passed in it...again not sure how that can be fixed people love the LE animal products. Had an awesome time as always.

Razor
03-06-13, 11:49 am
Flat Screens around the cage!

SlingShots that we can launch at her with a pack of Animal Pak!

Agree, I had so many people asking me for tanks, and for short sleeve black tanks! People stood in a long line then when they got to me, and asked about these items, they walked off!

I do like the flat screens idea. That could be cool but don't know how much of a hassle that would be especialy with all the weights being dropped haha.

I do think that the customization shirt area be wider or larger just because we kept running into each other and there never seemed to be enough space getting the letters, getting the nylon cover, etc. I'm curious how the fellas felt about people watching them make their shirts? I know i had a couple people try to reach in and help me align the letters and what not. I kindly said "don't worry i got this but i appreciate you trying to help". I have to admit after the first couple hours my nervousness went away and it became normal especailly once i hit my groove.

Animal
03-06-13, 12:17 pm
I definitely agree with this. The lifters would be able to treat the cage as a meet and be able to peak for it starting 12 or so weeks out. Imagine if Jesse Norris had 3 months prep time to pull in the cage? It would have been his main focus and 800+ probably would have went down.

Establishing events earlier and giving the athletes more time to prepare is definitely on the list. We improved in 2013 over 2012, but we could do more for 2014. Still looking at possibly bringing on new powerlifters to the Animal fold, so that may impact next year's event schedule.

I do like the flat screens idea. That could be cool but don't know how much of a hassle that would be especialy with all the weights being dropped haha.

I do think that the customization shirt area be wider or larger just because we kept running into each other and there never seemed to be enough space getting the letters, getting the nylon cover, etc. I'm curious how the fellas felt about people watching them make their shirts? I know i had a couple people try to reach in and help me align the letters and what not. I kindly said "don't worry i got this but i appreciate you trying to help". I have to admit after the first couple hours my nervousness went away and it became normal especailly once i hit my groove.

We already have some ideas for different kinds of "customization" next year.

Enforcer
03-06-13, 12:46 pm
I just hope to be there

JUGGERNAUT
03-06-13, 12:48 pm
I just hope to be there

I was going to say the same thing! Add Enforcer to the mix!

Phil800101
03-06-13, 12:52 pm
The turnout at the National ABC was nothing short of amazing. Name tags were a great idea, and I think the line to get in, get Rage, and get your shirt ran very smoothly and worked well. The food line ran very smoothly as well.

As has been said though, the turnout is a double-edged sword. The more the event grows, the harder it is to get in a good training session. Not to mention the fact that the numbers are possibly getting close to causing a fire code violation for Metro Fitness. I know I saw some people walk in, get their stuff, look around, and then leave disappointed...you could see that they wanted to train, but that they felt the crowd was just too big. This is nobody's fault, and is definitely a good sign. Look back at the group shot from the first National ABC, contrast that with the one from last year, and it really is incredible how much bigger it has become.

On one hand, you want to be able to include as many people as possible. On the other hand, you want to avoid angering and alienating people. At this point, it's a tough balance for sure. The Cage and the National ABC are an incredible opportunity to introduce people to Animal, and what Animal is all about...that is, not just a brand or line of products, but an honest-to-goodness inclusive brotherhood. It wouldn't necessarily be fair to exclude people just because they weren't on the Forvm before or what have you. On the other hand, you're always going to have those people who take part just to get some free stuff, and there really isn't anything you can do to prevent that. Furthermore, there are the dedicated Forvm members and longtime fans who might be getting a less-than-ideal experience due to the crowds and what not.

One thing to consider is that a person who is unfamiliar with Animal may actually walk away from the National ABC upset and with a negative opinion of Animal. We all know what the ABCs are about and what not, but for someone new it might look to them like a "show up, get a free shaker and t-shirt" deal...especially since there is so much of that going on at the Expo and what not. They're not necessarily going to understand that the crowds are unprecedented, and that the goal is to train together. Given that, they may feel that any ABC is the same thing.

Like I said, it's a tough balance for sure, and you can't please everyone. I think one of the greatest strengths of Animal, The Forvm, and the ABCs is the spirit of inclusion. You can see that every day on here, at the ABCs, and especially at The Cage when the athletes/pros are interacting with fans. At the same time, I think that something needs to be done to keep the numbers at the National ABC at a manageable level. In no way, shape, or form would I advocate leaving it open to only Forvm members or anything like that...doing things that way would go against some of the values that Animal stands for. On the other hand, I think that whatever is done should ensure that loyal Forvm members are not left out.

Off the top of my head, let's say that 200 is a reasonable number that balances a packed house with being able to train. Have a sign-up on the Forvm beforehand, but with a strict number cap...based on this year I'd say something between 100-150 would be a good number. Those who signed up would be sent or given a pass or something to get them in. With the other spots, it would be first come first serve. Something similar to how the Cage "concert" tees are handled. I know that that could suck, and people might be left out, but I can't think of any other way to do it that would be fair.

Appollonian
03-06-13, 1:09 pm
To Ragin Asian point, my wife had a blast at the Cage and the ABC. She really liked watching massive weight being moved, and hearing the athletes speak. She did say it would be nice if at all possible to have some women lifters perform, and like you said maybe some gear targeted more at the female lifters.

She would've really liked the TV screen idea, as it was hard for her to see the lifts in their entirity. I was able to see them, but I'm a bit taller than most.

As for the crowd at the ABC, assuming the people coming to the ABC will keep growing year to year which I'm sure they will, I'm against limiting the number of FORVM member or general public either. Whether we need to go to another, bigger gym, or hold the ABC across multiple gyms I think it would be beneficial. As Ragin Asian said I have no idea what the deal Animal has with Metro Fitness and I don't want to be disrespectful of either company, but I don't like the idea of people leaving the ABC without at least having the chance to train first.

I could see having two gyms going at once, split the 'train with a pro' groups evenly across the two, and have some kind of sign up system to split people between the two. It would be tough to coordinate and for the people that like to say hello to lots of people it would hurt that experience, but it would allow us to still work out at Metro Fitness without running into any kind of safety hazards.

If the idea of splitting it doesn't work, I'm not a big fan of limiting the number of FORVM members who could attend, I would rather go to another facility entirely.

Madcat
03-06-13, 1:12 pm
One thing I'll toss out there to go with Phil's post is maybe doing like 2 ABC's Saturday night, like 2 shifts. 1 at 7ish like normal, and 1 at like 8:30/9ish. I know the logistics might be tough to try to feed people or to try to get a session in, in 90 mins, but realistically, it should be possible with lower numbers or a cap for each session. This would also give the Pros/Bro's some time to train during 1 session only, and break it up a little. Just a thought, not saying it's even a recommendation or anything, but to kinda go with what Phil is saying.

Phil800101
03-06-13, 1:17 pm
Flat screens are a cool idea.

I also like the idea of having some tiered seating...if done right, people outside The Cage would be able to see inside clearly while seating capacity would be doubled, all without taking up much space. If nothing else, maybe just an extra bench or two would probably get the job done.

The big schedule was an awesome idea.

The line for the shop was a great idea as well. I think it made things more orderly and kept things under control. The big signs and "sold out" stickers were clutch as well.

The custom shirts were a cool idea and were insanely popular. It was chaotic at times, and when you consider that this was the first time something like this was done at The Cage, there were bound to be some hiccups and what not, but overall but people stepped up and got the job done. I spent most of my time interning on Friday making shirts, managing the shirt line, or helping other staff/interns make shirts. Based on what I saw, I have a few suggestions:

1. Definitely have a pre-printed form for people to fill out, with boxes for them to fill out for the personalization.

2. Possibly have the machines where people can't touch them or the letters. Given the limited space, it would probably be impossible to move the machines inside or anything. However, it would not be hard to have the machines and letters behind the staff/interns. Kinda like how the shelves are on the other side of the shop. Have the barrels/tables in front where the staff/interns stand, and then have the machines and letters on folding tables behind them. This would allow for more space to make the shirts, and eliminate the risk of a customer getting burned. Space behind the machines (where people stood to run them) was tight this year, but with some tweaks I think more space could be made.

3. Hangers for the shirts to cool/dry would be a good idea. Even if they were cardboard, just something to slide in there to make it easier for people to carry it while it cools/dries.

4. An established line to wait for the shirts. Maybe if the old two-side setup was used, one side could be where people would go to wait for custom shirts.

If other customization ideas are being considered, I think some type of embroidery would be a great idea. I know at Lids stores they have that computerized setup that can knock one out in minutes. People always love the hats, and if they could have their name or whatever put on it I bet they would sell even better. Maybe even the gym bags could be embroidered? Obviously equipment is expensive, so maybe it could be rented or somehow set up with a vendor doing the embroidery work for a fee or cut of the profits? Just throwing that out there.

twoheadedboy
03-06-13, 1:25 pm
I sent a PM to NG with specifics, but I think the sound quality and presence of the announcer/MC could be improved dramatically in two ways:

1. Feedback buster box: These are very simple and effective and stop essentially all feedback
2. Compressor/limiter: Makes quieter talkers louder and loud bursts of sound quieter, allowing you to run the overall level much higher without distortion or speaker damage. There may be compression/limiting functions built in to the existing set up, but they could probably be cranked up more...broadcast applications use an extreme amount that you would never do, for example, when recording an album (Metallica Death Magnetic doesn't count).

A lot of other great ideas in this thread!

smoothballer
03-06-13, 2:09 pm
This may be repeating a little of what people have said but here are my 2 cents

- I would put a speaker at the back corner of The Box. It was difficult to hear the speaking seminars (House, Wrath, Ox) from anywhere but the inner part of The Cage.

- I would keep the ABC at Metro. I know the space is limited but the proximity to the Expo is key. The timing is so close to the closing of the expo that it has to be within a short walking distance. That and it is tradition. I know it is cramped in there but I don't want to exclude anybody because they didn't pre-register. I completely agree with pre-registering for shirts and shakers, but not to get in. I know for a fact that people had their first Animal experience there and are regulars now. I still remember my first one.

- The customized t-shirts were no doubt a hit but I think a dedicated line for them (buying and printing) would be ideal. I did not work the actual machines but I saw the guys having trouble at times with the customers wanting wanting to help out

- Definitely keep the line for The Shop. Interning 2 years ago and this year it was much easier to deal with the customers one by one than 10 people shoving money in your face

- Minor thing, but I would put the water cooler at the back of The Box. The front is always filled with those watching the event and it would make it more accessible.

- Thanks for the microwave making its return this year. I know it was constantly in use.

- Good job bringing enough merchandise this year. I hated turning people away at mid-day Saturday last year. I know I would have been disappointed if it was my only day down there and I couldn't get a LE shirt.

- Good Luck topping the events from this year. This was by far the best line-up yet, but I have no doubt you guys will find a way to top it next year.

shortstack
03-06-13, 2:29 pm

It was definitly tight back there and a little larger work space would have been nice. Had to balance the nylon cover, letters, and my shake all on a small space. Like you, once I got in the groove I just finished one shirt at a time and people watching didn't really make much difference. Seeing that long line made you have to hustle. haha Luckily most people were cool with the wait and just anxious to get their shirt.

futilekyle
03-06-13, 6:43 pm
1) A new location for the ABC is a must. Its amazing how much this event has grown over the last couple years.

2) This company/community is all about being down to earth and welcoming anybody who is interested and has passion. Never can stray from that. However, I do believe that dedicated forum members, who are involved in the community and have been attending the ABC events consistently deserve some gratitude for their dedication. They have proven that they truly love this event and deserve to have an awesome experience at the ABC and in the Cage.

Several times during the weekend I noticed the VIP area being filled with people that did not have VIP badges or even wearing Animal shirts. It comes off like being a prick but the people who care enough to print out VIP forms and represent the company deserve those spots.

Better seating arrangements would help with this as well as a little more "enforcement" for only allowing VIP badge holders in.

The ABC with a new location would help so that we can all train to the fullest extent. I've been coming since it started and the whole weekend is so damn motivating that you want to be able to absolutely kill it on Saturday night, and it can be a little disappointing when you can barely get on one piece of equipment.

Possibly, and this may be way too expensive and difficult, but if new comers and non-forum members could go to a different location with a designated amount of Pros to experience the ABC event. That way if they are truly interested, they can get information on the forum and come back next year as a member. I just saw too many people coming for the free shaker and leaving immediately, and that is not what the ABC is for.

3) More ropes for lines, like everyone said the t-shirt customization lines were confusing.

I know that I always appreciated how down to earth and easy to access the Pros and events were but this community and company have grown so much that some kind of limits need to be set, to ensure that new comers have a great experience and hopefully join the community but also show appreciation for the long standing members.

An amazing weekend, thank you guys again

conjugalburns
03-06-13, 8:14 pm

HIGA MONSTER

this! was in the box during evans seminar on shoulder training and did not hear a single word of it.

Razor
03-07-13, 8:36 am
1) A new location for the ABC is a must. Its amazing how much this event has grown over the last couple years.

2) This company/community is all about being down to earth and welcoming anybody who is interested and has passion. Never can stray from that. However, I do believe that dedicated forum members, who are involved in the community and have been attending the ABC events consistently deserve some gratitude for their dedication. They have proven that they truly love this event and deserve to have an awesome experience at the ABC and in the Cage.

Several times during the weekend I noticed the VIP area being filled with people that did not have VIP badges or even wearing Animal shirts. It comes off like being a prick but the people who care enough to print out VIP forms and represent the company deserve those spots.

Better seating arrangements would help with this as well as a little more "enforcement" for only allowing VIP badge holders in.

The ABC with a new location would help so that we can all train to the fullest extent. I've been coming since it started and the whole weekend is so damn motivating that you want to be able to absolutely kill it on Saturday night, and it can be a little disappointing when you can barely get on one piece of equipment.

Possibly, and this may be way too expensive and difficult, but if new comers and non-forum members could go to a different location with a designated amount of Pros to experience the ABC event. That way if they are truly interested, they can get information on the forum and come back next year as a member. I just saw too many people coming for the free shaker and leaving immediately, and that is not what the ABC is for.

3) More ropes for lines, like everyone said the t-shirt customization lines were confusing.

I know that I always appreciated how down to earth and easy to access the Pros and events were but this community and company have grown so much that some kind of limits need to be set, to ensure that new comers have a great experience and hopefully join the community but also show appreciation for the long standing members.

An amazing weekend, thank you guys again

I don't think the location would ever change bro. It's close enough to the the expo and hotels and it's probably the largest in that area that isn't a commercial gym. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

BamBam
03-07-13, 10:33 am
I don't think the location would ever change bro. It's close enough to the the expo and hotels and it's probably the largest in that area that isn't a commercial gym. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

You are right.... however.... I think I have a solution to the ABC problem... Don't just rent it for the 2 hours. Make it like 4 hours or so? Maybe ask the forum members to pitch in a few bucks if it ups the cost of corpo to add another 2 hours to our time. THIS would allow us to go in, train, and maybe get some stuff done so others can fill in after...

Example- the deadlift- there are only a few racks and minimal (if any) floor space to deadlift, and it seems thats one of the top 2 workouts that weekend. Myself, along with what seemed like 50 other people, were deadlifting together and it took most of the 2 hours to get everyone loaded unloaded and their reps in. I DO NOT CARE ONE BIT to change weight or help a guy out or train with my fellow ANIMALS, but when there are THAT many guys wanting to lift... it makes things not only hard to do, but dangerous. If we had the gym reserved from say 6-10... those who left the expo early, or just got there right after, coudl start lifting and hanging out, and when all is said and done, when everyone is there, you would have those guys who were done, who could help other guys with spots or loading weight, or maybe help with the food or just chill and get to talk more? I dont know, but I think more time would help everyone. Plus those who got their early Im sure would gladly help get the shakers and shirts ready and organized so that there isn't a HUGE clusterf*** when we are all trying to get there at 7/7:30.

Again, this is just an idea. I will gladly volunteer to help in any way I can to get things running smoother or whatever.

God Bless-
BB-

Firefist
03-07-13, 10:38 am

Yup brotha, its pretty much it.

I found it a lot easier to train at the ABC than on Friday, and it was twice as crowded. You could use any piece of equipment you wanted to. How? Just make a new friend.

On Friday, there were a lot of people with their noses in the air, thinking they were better than everyone else. This ain't the case with Animal folks. If you wanted a set, you introduced yourself and hopped on in. Looking at Higa and Seath's operation is a perfect example. They had close to a dozen folks squatting, and then a same dozen deadlifting rotating fast and easy while imparting advice and encouragement for every person. Yeah, you wanna get a good workout in, as does everyone... but in this situation and with the people that be in the vicinity, its one of those times where you need to stop, listen and learn.

We get to see some of the people on this forum maybe once a year. Train hard, but make the connection with those around you. Ask to work in, or for advice from a pro. Isn't brotherhood what the ABC is about in the first place? Splitting us up into two groups would go against that.

Just my two cents.

naturalguy
03-07-13, 10:42 am
I sent a PM to NG with specifics, but I think the sound quality and presence of the announcer/MC could be improved dramatically in two ways:

1. Feedback buster box: These are very simple and effective and stop essentially all feedback
2. Compressor/limiter: Makes quieter talkers louder and loud bursts of sound quieter, allowing you to run the overall level much higher without distortion or speaker damage. There may be compression/limiting functions built in to the existing set up, but they could probably be cranked up more...broadcast applications use an extreme amount that you would never do, for example, when recording an album (Metallica Death Magnetic doesn't count).

A lot of other great ideas in this thread!

Thank you for that, we are looking into it.

We appreciate all this feedback, it helps us make a better experience for everyone

Firefist
03-07-13, 10:42 am
You are right.... however.... I think I have a solution to the ABC problem... Don't just rent it for the 2 hours. Make it like 4 hours or so? Maybe ask the forum members to pitch in a few bucks if it ups the cost of corpo to add another 2 hours to our time. THIS would allow us to go in, train, and maybe get some stuff done so others can fill in after...

Example- the deadlift- there are only a few racks and minimal (if any) floor space to deadlift, and it seems thats one of the top 2 workouts that weekend. Myself, along with what seemed like 50 other people, were deadlifting together and it took most of the 2 hours to get everyone loaded unloaded and their reps in. I DO NOT CARE ONE BIT to change weight or help a guy out or train with my fellow ANIMALS, but when there are THAT many guys wanting to lift... it makes things not only hard to do, but dangerous. If we had the gym reserved from say 6-10... those who left the expo early, or just got there right after, coudl start lifting and hanging out, and when all is said and done, when everyone is there, you would have those guys who were done, who could help other guys with spots or loading weight, or maybe help with the food or just chill and get to talk more? I dont know, but I think more time would help everyone. Plus those who got their early Im sure would gladly help get the shakers and shirts ready and organized so that there isn't a HUGE clusterf*** when we are all trying to get there at 7/7:30.

Again, this is just an idea. I will gladly volunteer to help in any way I can to get things running smoother or whatever.

God Bless-
BB-

For sure, that would definitely be cool. Itd just be one of those situtations where youd have to figure a way to get a constant flow of members, instead of everyone all of the sudden coming at times where everyone else is too.

futilekyle
03-07-13, 12:35 pm
Its cool guys, just a suggestion, I know that me and my buddy trained on Friday night and found it a lot easier to get a full workout in that at the ABC. People are no doubt friendly, but theres just no getting around having that many people cramped into one small area.

Kowboy
03-07-13, 12:57 pm
Next year just meet up at my gym on Thursday and Friday. Also, I know I got some looks in the VIP area Friday and Saturday but I had my staff shirt on for working the strongman. If I offended anyone I am sorry for that. I like twoheads suggestion on sound, that is something I was going to suggest as well. The flat screen TV's would be incredible, I think it would draw an even larger crowd. A lot of people walked away because they coulnd't see.

Appollonian
03-07-13, 1:07 pm
Yup brotha, its pretty much it.

I found it a lot easier to train at the ABC than on Friday, and it was twice as crowded. You could use any piece of equipment you wanted to. How? Just make a new friend.

On Friday, there were a lot of people with their noses in the air, thinking they were better than everyone else. This ain't the case with Animal folks. If you wanted a set, you introduced yourself and hopped on in. Looking at Higa and Seath's operation is a perfect example. They had close to a dozen folks squatting, and then a same dozen deadlifting rotating fast and easy while imparting advice and encouragement for every person. Yeah, you wanna get a good workout in, as does everyone... but in this situation and with the people that be in the vicinity, its one of those times where you need to stop, listen and learn.

We get to see some of the people on this forum maybe once a year. Train hard, but make the connection with those around you. Ask to work in, or for advice from a pro. Isn't brotherhood what the ABC is about in the first place? Splitting us up into two groups would go against that.

Just my two cents.

I agree completely about how smooth it ran for how crowded it was. I even hit people on accident while trying to avoid people on my other side, and the people I hit where very nice about it. Compare that with the commercial gym I've been to and how huffy people got when I got within 2 feet of them and the difference is amazing.

My idea to split the event or thin the crowd is from a safety standpoint. I knew it would be busy, and I went in thinking I would be flexible with whatever I could exercise with/on, and had a good time.

Ragin Asian
03-07-13, 2:04 pm

God Bless-
BB-

So YOU were the guys making all that noise with the deadlifting!!! LOL!!! AWESOME!!! But I agree with you about the space being limited and timeframe as well. That's why I suggested a facility that's bigger and not that much further away. It's definitely within walking distance from the Hyatt, but also in a good position for folks who drove and aren't staying in downtown hotels. Most of the athletes stayed downtown thanks to Animal - what a huge PLUS!!!! But most of our Animal family could only get hotels outside of downtown and drove in each day. I'd rather make the walk to a bigger facility that's more convenient for our Animal FAMILY who are there every year to support us and want to train with us. This might actually help cut down on the ones who are only there for free shit. Just putting it out there. ;)

I got pissy at one point during our training at the ABC, Powerswitch and several others had to hold me back and shut me up because there was a male and female using the bench for bent over barbell rows. WTF?!?!?!? We were low on benches for our bench training session. The one prime bench was being used by this couple who I have never seen before and have absolutely no idea if they're even on the FORVM, nobody could tell me who they are. I know for a fact that when we were in the Cage, they didn't even wear Animal gear. They put them on briefly to get into the ABC, but changed for their workout. NOT COOL!!!

Anyways, I had to be held back when I was bitching at them for using the bench OTHER than what it was intended for. Powerswitch calmed me down and said "Honey, they were there first. Let them finish their workout and shut the fuck up." LOL!!! What cracks me up is they dropped the weight on one side and almost took out someone's leg and foot doing so. HELLO!!!! Do your bent over rows somewhere else and not on benchpress equipment! For God's sake, use clips on the damned bar!!!! I'm pretty sure they used it for their workout because of the lack of space and available equipment.

In hindsight, I feel bad for them for having to do so - no wait, I don't. I feel bad for Marshall because he wanted to be able to shirt up for his bench training and didn't have the opportunity to do so. Even when training with the gals while they tried to work in shoulders, it was a clusterfuck. I apologize again to the one chick with the mohawk (very nice, btw - she was sporting a really cool do and was cool as fuck!) - I hope I didn't interrupt her training too much, almost knocked her over because my fat ass got in the way of her lateral raises. For the most part, everyone was sooo cool and so kind. I just think that everyone would have had a better time with their training had there been more space and available equipment.

Cellardweller
03-07-13, 2:44 pm
I think it would just be a better overall experience for everyone if I was there next year.

Kowboy
03-07-13, 2:46 pm
I think it would just be a better overall experience for everyone if I was there next year.

I would have to agree.

Firefist
03-07-13, 2:51 pm

As well as Enforcer.

Kowboy
03-07-13, 2:58 pm
As well as Enforcer.

Yeah, I really missed that dude this year.

Phil800101
03-07-13, 3:47 pm
I don't think anyone should be left out, be they someone who literally just found out about Animal hours earlier at The Cage or dedicated long-term active Forvm member.

I also don't think that the venue should change, both because of tradition and practicality regarding proximity to the GCCC and hotels.

It would be great if we could somehow fit more and more people into the gym each year, but from a practical standpoint I think the event has reached (and possibly exceeded) its feasible capacity.

I think it is very true that a person may be disappointed if they were not able to take part in the event due to a size limit. On the other hand, I could also see someone being even more upset at waiting in a long line just to get into a gym where they can barely move freely, let alone train.

One way or the other, not everyone is going to be happy. However, I think if done smartly, there is a way to have a very large yet manageable crowd at the National ABC, while minimizing people being left out. As was said in another post, I'm thinking somewhere between the size of the crowd in 2012 and 2013. In my mind, a crowd that size would pack Metro Fitness to the seams without overcrowding it to the point where it would be dangerous or people would be unable to train. People will have to share for sure, and most definitely not be afraid to work in with or around one another. At the same time though, there would be enough space for people to train adequately and safely.

In order to facilitate this, I think a pre-registration system would be a great idea. I mentioned this in my earlier post, but I've been thinking about it and I might have something that could work. Overall, for anyone to get into the ABC they would need a pass. These would be numbered. For the first ____ number of spots, somewhere in the range of 60-75% of spots available, have pre-registration on The Forvm here. Those individuals would then be sent their pass, by e-mail or some other means...or there would be a way for them to pick them up at The Cage itself.

For the rest of the spots, have sign-up at The Cage, similar to the bench your body weight. In order to be fair, only sign up ___ number of people per hour or something like that, and make announcements throughout the day and on the schedule itself. If done right, people who really wanted to be there would be able to sign up and get in.

Like I said, one way or another, people are going to be disappointed, and that is unavoidable...the same thing happens when gear sells out, the free LE "concert" shirts run out, or when one of the bench your body weight contests fills up. However, I think as long as it's done in a fair and equitable manner. and explained clearly, most people would understand.

Finally, I just want to make it clear that the only reason I suggest any kind of cap or limit on size is from a practical standpoint of both the enjoyment and safety for the participants involved.

Madcat
03-07-13, 4:38 pm
So YOU were the guys making all that noise with the deadlifting!!! LOL!!! AWESOME!!! But I agree with you about the space being limited and timeframe as well. That's why I suggested a facility that's bigger and not that much further away. It's definitely within walking distance from the Hyatt, but also in a good position for folks who drove and aren't staying in downtown hotels. Most of the athletes stayed downtown thanks to Animal - what a huge PLUS!!!! But most of our Animal family could only get hotels outside of downtown and drove in each day. I'd rather make the walk to a bigger facility that's more convenient for our Animal FAMILY who are there every year to support us and want to train with us. This might actually help cut down on the ones who are only there for free shit. Just putting it out there. ;)

I got pissy at one point during our training at the ABC, Powerswitch and several others had to hold me back and shut me up because there was a male and female using the bench for bent over barbell rows. WTF?!?!?!? We were low on benches for our bench training session. The one prime bench was being used by this couple who I have never seen before and have absolutely no idea if they're even on the FORVM, nobody could tell me who they are. I know for a fact that when we were in the Cage, they didn't even wear Animal gear. They put them on briefly to get into the ABC, but changed for their workout. NOT COOL!!!

Anyways, I had to be held back when I was bitching at them for using the bench OTHER than what it was intended for. Powerswitch calmed me down and said "Honey, they were there first. Let them finish their workout and shut the fuck up." LOL!!! What cracks me up is they dropped the weight on one side and almost took out someone's leg and foot doing so. HELLO!!!! Do your bent over rows somewhere else and not on benchpress equipment! For God's sake, use clips on the damned bar!!!! I'm pretty sure they used it for their workout because of the lack of space and available equipment.

In hindsight, I feel bad for them for having to do so - no wait, I don't. I feel bad for Marshall because he wanted to be able to shirt up for his bench training and didn't have the opportunity to do so. Even when training with the gals while they tried to work in shoulders, it was a clusterfuck. I apologize again to the one chick with the mohawk (very nice, btw - she was sporting a really cool do and was cool as fuck!) - I hope I didn't interrupt her training too much, almost knocked her over because my fat ass got in the way of her lateral raises. For the most part, everyone was sooo cool and so kind. I just think that everyone would have had a better time with their training had there been more space and available equipment.

Actually I remember that crew too, they loaded up the bench but uh forgot to load up both sides of the bar and the one side did about fall onto some peoples ankles. That group was there all weekend, Thursday and Friday liftring and definitely not in Animal gear at all except to get into the ABC. I saw the 1 guy that night changing and he had already dropped out of his Animal gear too and this was early like 830pm. Definitely agree that could have been a huge medical emergency there.

Ragin Asian
03-07-13, 8:02 pm
Actually I remember that crew too, they loaded up the bench but uh forgot to load up both sides of the bar and the one side did about fall onto some peoples ankles. That group was there all weekend, Thursday and Friday liftring and definitely not in Animal gear at all except to get into the ABC. I saw the 1 guy that night changing and he had already dropped out of his Animal gear too and this was early like 830pm. Definitely agree that could have been a huge medical emergency there.

I didn't think they were Animal family - they didn't interact and with that smooth move with almost taking out some legs, all I could think of was this guy:

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=491377427566168

I do believe they developed a new exercise called Kipping Bent Over Rows. Whatever the fuck they were doing, it was all wrong and should not be attempted. LOL!!!

Christman
03-07-13, 9:15 pm
I thought it would be impossible to improve the cage yet every year it gets better and better because you guys listen to our feedback. Granted, there is limited space to to fit everything in but yet you fit so much goodness into the booth space you get allotted. Most of the improvements that I have thought of have already been mentioned and explained far better than I could ever wordsmith it but the idea about having monitors up so those outside the cage can see would be huge. I'm pretty sure that if there is a professional camera crew there again that they would be able to live-stream to those monitors and the crowd outside the cage would grow immensely. Also, in between events there could be little promos running about various Animal and Universal products as well as promotions for the National ABC and local ABC chapters.

For the ABC, there have been a lot great ideas tossed around in here but I think it is evident that the downtown Metro may no longer be the best option for the event. Being local, I know that there are other Metro locations around town that have much more space and much more equipment... also this equipment is well maintained and it's easy to locate the all the accessories you could ever need. If it is necessary to stay somewhat close to the expo, OSU is less than 10 minutes from the GCCC and should have facilities available that are large enough to house us all. Some of their facilities have already housed events for the Arnold and this year there were photo shoots going on in at least one of their gyms during the expo weekend. To direct people to an ABC that is not at the downtown Metro, event cards or flyers could be printed with all the details of the ABC including directions from downtown. And as you know, it's fairly easy to get around Columbus unless you are from out of town and you get your car towed (BAZINGA!).

Phil800101
03-08-13, 1:55 am
One suggestion for next year would maybe be a roundtable type thing or a Q & A on injuries...how to prevent them, how to deal with them when they happen, and how to bounce back from them. I know that this could possibly be a fine line to tread liability-wise, so in that respect this might not be feasible. I know that there have been similar seminars in the past though. Maybe something like 2-4 of the athletes (mix of powerlifters/strongmen and bodybuilders) spreading some info and then taking questions.

Injuries are something that can happen to anybody, not just one segment of people or those who follow one style or type of training. There would be something for everybody with such a seminar.

rainman
03-08-13, 10:27 am
What about doing something for charity? Something like using a pair of yellow 45lb Olympic plates for the weekend and raffle them? I mean, how cool would it be to get a set of plates used in the Cage for some ridiculous lifting? Maybe even get some of the athletes to sign them too? $5-$10 a ticket at the shop.

Thunder Chicken
03-08-13, 11:42 am
i was just thinking of changing up the colors for 2014, black, red, and yellow are traditional colors for Animal and a few years back we had the green. i liked what i seen at the Olympia a few years ago when they went with Orange but i missed out since i like in Ohio, so something like that. also Universal did the rubber band things last year at the Olympia, well what if we had one with the Animal Logo on it and such, was my other idea

Bcast
03-08-13, 11:57 am
I tend to agree with a lot of the comments that have been made so far..

1. it was impossible to see anything go down unless you were there early enough. So screens around the outside would be real sick!

2. im always a fan of the shirt colors, but it would be nice to see new colors like orange ... or even something LE like a camo shirt!

Firefist
03-08-13, 12:52 pm
What about doing something for charity? Something like using a pair of yellow 45lb Olympic plates for the weekend and raffle them? I mean, how cool would it be to get a set of plates used in the Cage for some ridiculous lifting? Maybe even get some of the athletes to sign them too? $5-$10 a ticket at the shop.

That's pretty dope. I like that.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
03-08-13, 12:58 pm

I like this!

ghost
03-08-13, 1:13 pm
ill be there next year too... cant wait.

Animal
03-08-13, 1:49 pm
Some great comments and suggestions. Please keep them coming as they are really helpful. Thanks.

BubbyLight
03-08-13, 2:10 pm
Bigger BOX. no ****

Razor
03-15-13, 8:47 am
It was definitly tight back there and a little larger work space would have been nice. Had to balance the nylon cover, letters, and my shake all on a small space. Like you, once I got in the groove I just finished one shirt at a time and people watching didn't really make much difference. Seeing that long line made you have to hustle. haha Luckily most people were cool with the wait and just anxious to get their shirt.

Wanted to comment on this earlier. The people were definitely cool with us working and there was never a speed issue in terms of fans nagging for us to hurry up or anything. The pressure built when i looked at the lines haha.

Razor
03-15-13, 8:47 am

YES!

Nix0r
03-15-13, 9:55 am

Oh shit. Ohhhhhhhhhhh shit.

It just got real.

TrapHouse
03-24-13, 4:08 pm
I couldn't think of anything to change..

The Cage was awesome .... All the guys in the cage was really cool with everyone unlike other booths
And lifting with all the guys at Metro was fucking awesome

Can't wait til next year

the gift
03-26-13, 8:29 pm
Not really a change but an idea..

I think it would be cool to have Animal dog tags that could be personalized. On one side the animal A, 77' or universal dude, on the other side, name, nickname, etc

Would be a cool idea even outside the cage I think.. Wouldn't necessarily even have to be personalized. I would buy!

Loved the cage!! Pumped for next year!

nawras
04-16-13, 9:39 am
this event is the best ,I've been following you bro's day by day , i just want to tell you why not making it in UAE .

Universal Rep
04-17-13, 1:02 pm
Keep the ideas flowin... Good stuff so far.

LoneWolf45
04-19-13, 10:20 pm
I did the bench your body weight this year in the cage, so awesome getting to lift in the cage, even though it was just a small event for fun.
I have one request, could there be a small board or something that lists the top 3 lifters throughout the weekend!?
That would be easy, and much appreciated, i didn't see anything in the cage this year as too who was leading, or who even won.
Thanks guys!

Phil800101
04-20-13, 12:45 pm
I did the bench your body weight this year in the cage, so awesome getting to lift in the cage, even though it was just a small event for fun.
I have one request, could there be a small board or something that lists the top 3 lifters throughout the weekend!?
That would be easy, and much appreciated, i didn't see anything in the cage this year as too who was leading, or who even won.
Thanks guys!

That's a really cool idea! A basic dry-erase board would work.

LoneWolf45
04-20-13, 3:26 pm
That's a really cool idea! A basic dry-erase board would work.

ya, thats exactly what i was thinking, just a little board in the corner would be cool

deanna7272
01-17-14, 10:22 pm
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I'm sure it will be fresh in the minds of those who attended in 2013...

Will someone please remember to bring something to cover the mouth of that squeaky loud b**** in the booth next to us...lol No offense to her, I'm sure she is a nice person and was just making her $$$, but trying to overpower us??? Come on...

:)

RedlegDbell
01-18-14, 12:24 am
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I'm sure it will be fresh in the minds of those who attended in 2013...

Will someone please remember to bring something to cover the mouth of that squeaky loud b**** in the booth next to us...lol No offense to her, I'm sure she is a nice person and was just making her $$$, but trying to overpower us??? Come on...

:)

Just got the chills a bit D. I forgot about the shrieking. Sure you're right about her being a nice person but maybe she'll use her "inside voice" just for... well for everybody lol

TheWamp
01-18-14, 2:33 pm
Curious to know if Wrath is going to be there. Got to see a little bit last year but didn't get to talk to him at all.
Got my cage 2013 shirt, talked to Antoine, NG, etc. Saw some pretty sick lifts. It's pretty cool to be able to be in the cage surrounded by it all.

I remember last year there was some kind of paper you had to bring, printed out, from the FORVM. Any idea when that usually comes around?

Wamp

RedlegDbell
01-18-14, 8:09 pm
Curious to know if Wrath is going to be there. Got to see a little bit last year but didn't get to talk to him at all.
Got my cage 2013 shirt, talked to Antoine, NG, etc. Saw some pretty sick lifts. It's pretty cool to be able to be in the cage surrounded by it all.

I remember last year there was some kind of paper you had to bring, printed out, from the FORVM. Any idea when that usually comes around?

Wamp

I think we've got another couple weeks before they post those up. You'll fill out one for entry into the box inside the cage and a second one for the limited edition cage t-shirt.

TheWamp
01-19-14, 12:26 am
I think we've got another couple weeks before they post those up. You'll fill out one for entry into the box inside the cage and a second one for the limited edition cage t-shirt.

Oh yeah, I do remember filling out 2 Separate papers. I will be on the lookout for that thread. That's something you don't want to miss.

RedlegDbell
01-19-14, 12:54 am
Oh yeah, I do remember filling out 2 Separate papers. I will be on the lookout for that thread. That's something you don't want to miss.

^Truth^

Shukin
01-19-14, 11:50 am
fill out one for entry into the box inside the cage

I have to keep an eye out for that, almost missed it last year

GUNS
01-19-14, 1:16 pm
We should invite Rob Baily in to sing as one of the athletes is doing his big lift!

RedlegDbell
01-19-14, 3:39 pm
We should invite Rob Baily in to sing as one of the athletes is doing his big lift!

This would be so cool. I remember him popping into the cage to shoot video of P doing his deadlifts last year.

deanna7272
01-19-14, 4:53 pm

I have his albums... My newest addiction to my training jams...lol So many are fitting for the Cage, but "I Am Not Done" comes to mind... "Beast".... Etc.... ((Btw, we could have him do You're All Going Under and feature DLB and her ice cream addiction...lmao))

I know it's not going to happen, but lets hope it's on the playlist...lol

GUNS
01-19-14, 9:23 pm
I have his albums... My newest addiction to my training jams...lol So many are fitting for the Cage, but "I Am Not Done" comes to mind... "Beast".... Etc.... ((Btw, we could have him do You're All Going Under and feature DLB and her ice cream addiction...lmao))

I know it's not going to happen, but lets hope it's on the playlist...lolHaha, yep!

This would be so cool. I remember him popping into the cage to shoot video of P doing his deadlifts last year.When I went over to talk to P after his deads Rob was over there! I remember!

Universal Rep
01-21-14, 10:15 am
Thanks guys!

Not a bad idea.. A way to recognize the best lifters for each day...

RedlegDbell
01-22-14, 11:07 am
Select maybe 6 to 10 lifters that progress through warm ups to the ultimate goal of a 550lb deadlift. That atmosphere and a proper deadlift bar could make the difference for sure. We could run it like at a meet and have everyone go in order of body weight or attempts if Animal decided to allow different lifters to attempt different weights. And someone should bring some legit Ivanko collars to try and keep the plates tighter. I'd volunteer mine but I haven't bought them yet lol

Christman
01-22-14, 12:51 pm
Select maybe 6 to 10 lifters that progress through warm ups to the ultimate goal of a 550lb deadlift. That atmosphere and a proper deadlift bar could make the difference for sure. We could run it like at a meet and have everyone go in order of body weight or attempts if Animal decided to allow different lifters to attempt different weights. And someone should bring some legit Ivanko collars to try and keep the plates tighter. I'd volunteer mine but I haven't bought them yet lol

This is awesome!

smoothballer
01-22-14, 1:31 pm
I said it last year (which happened...thanks) and I will say it again. Please have a microwave in the Cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghost
01-22-14, 2:15 pm
I am just going to bring a flamethrower for you.. screw the microwave.

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-14, 2:19 pm
This is awesome!
Great idea on the Ivanko collars for any deadlifting.

HIGA MONSTER

Phil800101
01-22-14, 2:19 pm
Pop Tarts don't need a microwave...

RedlegDbell
01-22-14, 2:42 pm
Great idea on the Ivanko collars for any deadlifting.

HIGA MONSTER

Yeah those lockjaw collars do a decent job for singles but they're almost useless for reps

RedlegDbell
01-22-14, 2:43 pm
Pop Tarts don't need a microwave...

^This^

smoothballer
01-22-14, 4:17 pm
I am just going to bring a flamethrower for you.. screw the microwave.

http://randomgif.com/gif/Flamethrower.gif

skibasgym
01-22-14, 7:16 pm
So far I've done 3 seminars at the cage!!!!
Some of the best memories I have were the enthusiasm of the crowd.But I feel to do it right and professionally,as in a NSCA or Seminar that Dave Tate does for his business,a separate room would be awesome.
reason 1..the truing an exhibitions should continue at the Cage. But the surrounding booths are always quite noisy trying to take the attention away from Universal
reason 2..I tried to show videos before as professional presenters do and it couldn't be done...
reason 3..Everything from nutrition to training cycles could be done in an educational manner.
reason 4..WHy follow the rest...?Why not lead?
Henri..

ibnmahama
01-22-14, 10:21 pm
A triple bodyweight(+) max rep squat show down. This will be EPIC!

Thunder Chicken
02-09-14, 1:22 pm
i really liked seeing Gaspari come into the Cage for some lifting fun and doing something for a charity, i think that we should have something like this, like maybe Animal vs. BSN or Muscle Tech....just a idea

THE EXTREME
02-10-14, 11:25 pm
How about we get Sean "Deadlift Machine" Green in The Cage this year!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152580115449966&set=vb.500014965&type=2&theater