PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice

1skinnyassedrunt
03-05-13, 6:08 pm
A very good friend of mine is 4ft 8 wheelchair bound and weighs 160lbs. I have no idea what her bodyfat levels are. She doesn't eat a great deal (standard sized bowl (30g) of cold cereal of a morning with 2% fat milk, small wholewheat ham/cheese roll for lunch and whatever her family cooks for dinner. She's never been the worlds biggest eater but unfortunately she had a liking for chocolate. Any ideas/advise would be appreciated.

jexta
03-08-13, 12:15 pm
well theres factors as well, I think you are asking why she is becoming heavyset? You can still exercise in a wheelchair, one should always remain active. Also, stress is huge with gaining weight, idk if her disability happened recently or if she is having emotional problems with it or other things in her life but one can limit their amount of stress simply by recognizing it as a problem.

Dark chocolate if any chocolate would be best, it is healthiest. Also theres certain other small things you can use in a diet to help, such as tea; tea with caffeine can give a small boost to metabolism, use some of these types of tea b4 physical activity and it will help some... any tea really, with meals and such is always good cuz its naturally low in calories. I'm sure there is other foods that could benefit one in their goal to lose weight, try google and see what comes up! I would help more in that area but unfortunately, as your name suggests, I am like you lol.. most of what I try to learn and currently know is methods and ways to GAIN weight.

I know this probably isn't of much help but no one else replied. Best of luck to you and your friend!