PDA

View Full Version : A Special Thank You to the BROS

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 12:24 am
I happen to be in a very special and privileged position of being involved and associated with many of the elite lifters in the world, not just because of my own achievements and associations, but because I love to stay involved and help out as much as I can in our sports to ALL athletes. I'm not just a lifter, I coach and also do alterations for equipment. No matter what my position or standing is/was in the sport, I always contribute in any way that I can. Powerswitch (Bobby) and I have always been that way and will continue to do so till we die. We've had our share of being all-time world record holders in the past and we still strive to do so despite our age. We're enjoying opportunities to spend time with our friends who share the same love and continue to "push the limits". We especially enjoy meeting new friends who feel the same way. As we get older (but by no means does that mean we're giving up!), we're truly grateful to meet the young athletes who are "raising the bar" so to speak and taking our sports to another level. Meeting them and getting the time to spend with them on a personal level make us feel so much more at ease to know that our sport is in good hands. A big thank you to Animal for providing us this environment and FAMILY setting so that we can all come together and feel like ONE.

Back to that special Thank You. The Pros vs Bros event is by far the most entertaining, uplifting, motivating and inspiring of all the events by far this year. I can't tell you how many times I heard from PROS how much the BROS showed them up and made them wish they had the same determination and HEART. Like I said, I am in a position to hear things from both sides. You guys need to remember - there are no barriers when it comes to pro's and bro's - you're both humans, you both had to start somewhere, and you both have dreams you want to accomplish. The BRO'S inspired renewed respect for the PROS. I'm sure the Bro's felt equal with their Pro brethren, but just remember, that's why they're there - that's why Animal chose them. They don't just go out and choose some Pro off the circuit to market - they choose the ones they can see have good hearts, are genuine, down to earth, and WANT to motivate to help out loyal fans and customers.

Because of you BROS, the Pros now feel the need to step it up even more. And that's the way it should be. :) :) :) I even recall a couple of the PROS saying they can see a few coming up the ranks and giving them a show for their money someday and they want to train to be ready for it. :) :) :)

So thank you for stepping it up and showing us what you got. You guys have definitely proven you have more to show and now you're making our boys excited to see what will come of you. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Kowboy
03-06-13, 8:38 am
That was so much fun, I know I was pretty nervous as I am not really strong yet. A lot of the bro's impressed the shit out of me as well and I know I need to step up my game. I may be 32 but I know I can make my dreams happen. I am more determined this year then ever. All of you guys inspire me, w/out Animal who knows where I would be.

Firefist
03-06-13, 8:40 am
"Oh hey Ragin Asian, I'm Anti-Asian"

hahaha too funny. Good to meet you and hang out with you in the box!

GUNS
03-06-13, 8:53 am
Kathy, good to meet you! I am more motivated than ever! I talked with just about every "Pro", just getting to meet them all, talk with them, and then lift with some of them was amazing! And even my fellow Bro's motivated me as you said!

freighttraindane
03-06-13, 8:59 am
Thanks for posting this Kathy. I know I am more motivated to push myself to new limits and I am never going to be satisfied with my lift. I was talking with some of the Pro's like P Diesel after my event and they were saying good job and I was saying, not good enough. P said, I like that, holding yourself to a higher standard. Just showed me that we all think a like and will never give up improving.

naturalguy
03-06-13, 10:37 am
Great post Kathy. You are right, without the people The Cage is just chain link fence

Animal
03-06-13, 11:25 am
Thank you for seeing The Cage as "home".

mritter3
03-06-13, 12:47 pm
Great post Kathy. You are right, without the people The Cage is just chain link fence

Well said, much more than that to all of us tho