PDA

View Full Version : deadlift training

skibasgym
03-06-13, 10:59 am
WTF is going on with the deadlift. Lighter and larger lifters are kicking ass pulling monumental numbers.The sky the limit.

In todays training I plan to band pull
then some lower back work
hamstrings and finally quads.

Will report back later ion actual training.
Skibs

skibasgym
03-06-13, 11:04 am
Build giant chin and monkey bars in the gym to hang from,do pullups,leg raises
skibs

BOSS
03-06-13, 11:05 am
WTF is going on with the deadlift. Lighter and larger lifters are kicking ass pulling monumental numbers.The sky the limit.

In todays training I plan to band pull
then some lower back work
hamstrings and finally quads.

Will report back later ion actual training.
Skibs

when you say "lower back work" do you mean more deadlifting? I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb when I say that a high volume of actual deadlifting is what makes for great deadliftiing

TheJuggernautBitch
03-06-13, 11:15 am
when you say "lower back work" do you mean more deadlifting? I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb when I say that a high volume of actual deadlifting is what makes for great deadliftiing

i hate high volume deadlifting, but it definitely works for me.

Madcat
03-06-13, 2:37 pm
i hate high volume deadlifting, but it definitely works for me.

See, I prefer the higher volume then just hitting a PR. I rarely go heavy, just up the reps, then when it's time to PR, I just step up load it, and tell myself it's no heavier than the higher rep's I've been doing. Boom.

BOSS
03-06-13, 4:44 pm
The key to hitting a huge deadlift is to train as heavy as you can as much as you can as often as you can. but don't discount the "as you can" part. This depends on factors like technique, mobility, conditioning, work capacity, mental toughness, nutrition, supps/drugs and rest. It doesn't have to be complicated, once you start trying to increase your workload of deads you will understand that your body adapts well to this type of training.

B.D.Smash
03-06-13, 7:56 pm
The key to hitting a huge deadlift is to train as heavy as you can as much as you can as often as you can. but don't discount the "as you can" part. This depends on factors like technique, mobility, conditioning, work capacity, mental toughness, nutrition, supps/drugs and rest. It doesn't have to be complicated, once you start trying to increase your workload of deads you will understand that your body adapts well to this type of training.

couldn't agree more. I was just amazed when i first started deadlifting i could barely pull 90kgs off the floor (roughly 200lbs) and about a year later i was easily getting 210kgs for a solid 6 reps.

I.FUCKING.LOVE.DEADLIFTING!

TheJuggernautBitch
03-06-13, 10:14 pm
See, I prefer the higher volume then just hitting a PR. I rarely go heavy, just up the reps, then when it's time to PR, I just step up load it, and tell myself it's no heavier than the higher rep's I've been doing. Boom.

nothing feels better than hitting a pr! if i could do it every training session without burning myself out, i would.

J Wong
03-07-13, 11:04 pm

I like it. I've fallen into the trap of doing other movements to get my deadlift up, but I think I'd do better just by deadlifting more.

BOSS
03-08-13, 12:23 am
nothing feels better than hitting a pr! if i could do it every training session without burning myself out, i would.

PRs don't have to be just a 1RM. It can be the same weight for more reps, a heavier rep max for a certain rep number, or you can even match a top weight and rep number but do it for more sets. All three are objective PRs and if you pick your spots you CAN PR just about every workout ;)

TheJuggernautBitch
03-08-13, 9:19 am
PRs don't have to be just a 1RM. It can be the same weight for more reps, a heavier rep max for a certain rep number, or you can even match a top weight and rep number but do it for more sets. All three are objective PRs and if you pick your spots you CAN PR just about every workout ;)

this is a good motivating way to look at it! thanks!

skibasgym
03-08-13, 1:23 pm
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. Trainedwith some awesome deadlifters and finally caught the fever for it later in my training.I need more volume and longer cycles to condition....I find if I do the finnish deadlift routine my back is in good shape and ready. My gym is a westside gym with all the toys.My past partner was Chris Della favre (853)and presently yanev merinivich.&755. love for you to help us.
Skibs
I did the Cage the past 3 yearsw in a row and they wanted your young blood ther ...Ill be back next year...Hope to meet you soon.

Henri
Skibasgym carteret nj

skibasgym
03-08-13, 1:24 pm
[i rep power crazy but yes I agree.
Henri

skibasgym
03-08-13, 1:27 pm
i have some powerlifters to talk too.no disrespect but we are a different ANIMAL.
HENRI

skibasgym
03-08-13, 1:29 pm
Glute ham
assisted glute ham
reverse hypers
my favorite the back attack

Ragin Asian
03-08-13, 2:30 pm
I agree with Dan, PR's are purely subjective as to what you're trying to accomplish that day - 1RM, multiple reps, multiple sets with doubles and triples - but make sure it's heavy. Whenever you can get into the heavy range and stay in it pushing it harder makes for a bigger deadlift. The only reason I managed to pull the way I did (albeit lower than what I wanted) with just a few weeks of training is because I went heavy every time - with both multiple reps and trying to hit 1RM. Also - I used to think just because I'm a chick that I needed smaller jumps in warmup weights. WRONG! Go heavy. The quicker you can get to your heavy working sets, the better. Taking 90 - 100lbs jumps to get to working sets is OK, as long as you maintain form and technique. Over the years I realized I was wasting my time and energy piddling around with small jumps in weight. The sooner you get to your heavy sets, the more time and energy you have to push the envelope even more.

Keep up the great work Skiba!

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
07-06-13, 3:27 am
The all time best exercise to help your deadlift is................ DEADLIFTING!! Every other exercise is in addition to, NEVER in place of!! High reps are cool an all, but as the saying goes: "If the bar ain't bending, your just pretending"!!