PDA

View Full Version : New Animal Athletes

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
03-07-13, 9:59 am
Animal really nailed it with the new guys. I thought I would start this thread to give the Legion a chance to tell Corp how awesome the new(and seasoned) athletes were this weekend at the Cage.

First of all, all the Animal Vet's were awesome as always. They embody Animal and that is why they have been around as long as they have! So thanks to all of you for another awesome Cage.

As for some of the new guys..

Garrett "GUNZ" Griffin... I can't say enough about this guy. Maybe its our southern boy connection, who knows.. but he is a stand up dude. Its really no surprise that Animal picked him up. Humble, passionate about the sport and fans, a great ambassador who gives back.

Marshall "Freakshow" Johnson.. When NG told me that I would be giving him a ride to Elite FTS on Thursday, I was a little nervous. The guys image is very intimidating. Tall, large, awesome beard, mohawk, gauges/piercings, tattoos.... Marshall is the most soft spoken guy I've ever met. I think that he is a perfect fit for Animal. He has the crazy hardcore look without the crazy hardcore attitude. Humble, soft spoken, sense of humor. Great guy.

Animal really killed it. I laughed and had a blast with these guys all weekend, and I really can't say enough about the athletes(new and vets).

Lets get this thread moving, I know you guys had some awesome personal experiences to share!

conjugalburns
03-07-13, 10:48 am
my girlfriend and I talked to Marshall a bit. He probably thought we were the two most awkward people in the world, but he was a really cool down to earth dude.

Animal
03-07-13, 10:51 am
We don't always get it right, but we try our best. Every Animal Athlete has to understand our mission and our values. Without that, it's a non-starter. The great thing about Marshall and Garrett is that they were committed to Animal long before they become Animals, officially. If anyone has suggestions for other athletes, let us know. We're always looking to expand the fold with dedicated individuals who understand our goals, and can share our mission for education, knowledge and inspiration.

freighttraindane
03-07-13, 11:08 am
All of the new athletes that Animal has signed deifnetly represent the brand the way it should be. I got a chance to talk a lot with Marshall and Brent, both of whom couldn't be nicer. Both of these guys took the time to have converstaions with me throughout the weekend as well as gave me helpful tips regarding my lifting. Both Brent and Marshall are class acts and I am glad that Animal signed them so I can continue to maintain contact with these Titans of powerlifting.

J Wong
03-07-13, 11:02 pm
I love all the recent additions to the team. I am really glad the company picked Brent Willis up too. He is a giant guy with an awesome beard with an awesome lifting pedigree.

Firefist
03-07-13, 11:15 pm
Garrett is a really good guy. Stopped just to listen and watch his bench "seminar" at the ABC, and he stopped to explain everything to me and get me on the bench. Took time to break down everything and was super encouraging.

Marshall is a walking paradox. I remember seeing that side profile shot on the thread first introducing him and I thought, holy shit, thats a bad motherfucker. He is probably the nicest guy Ive ever met, and that is a serious statement.

Brent is a really respectful guy, with that workhorse attitude. When he was leaving the cage on sunday, I remember he stopped for every person in there, addressed everyone by name and thanked them for the weekend.

Awesome pickups for sure. All standup dudes.

smoothballer
03-08-13, 8:28 am
I got to talk to Marshall and Brent for awhile while I was in the Cage. Both soft spoken but incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable. I didn't have as much time to talk to Garrett or Dan but they seem like great guys and great additions to the Animal Family.

TheJuggernautBitch
03-08-13, 9:20 am
my goal is to become an animal athelete! look out in the future!

GUNZ
03-08-13, 11:23 am
Animal really nailed it with the new guys. I thought I would start this thread to give the Legion a chance to tell Corp how awesome the new(and seasoned) athletes were this weekend at the Cage.

First of all, all the Animal Vet's were awesome as always. They embody Animal and that is why they have been around as long as they have! So thanks to all of you for another awesome Cage.

As for some of the new guys..

Garrett "GUNZ" Griffin... I can't say enough about this guy. Maybe its our southern boy connection, who knows.. but he is a stand up dude. Its really no surprise that Animal picked him up. Humble, passionate about the sport and fans, a great ambassador who gives back.

Marshall "Freakshow" Johnson.. When NG told me that I would be giving him a ride to Elite FTS on Thursday, I was a little nervous. The guys image is very intimidating. Tall, large, awesome beard, mohawk, gauges/piercings, tattoos.... Marshall is the most soft spoken guy I've ever met. I think that he is a perfect fit for Animal. He has the crazy hardcore look without the crazy hardcore attitude. Humble, soft spoken, sense of humor. Great guy.

Animal really killed it. I laughed and had a blast with these guys all weekend, and I really can't say enough about the athletes(new and vets).

Lets get this thread moving, I know you guys had some awesome personal experiences to share!

Awesome post Chase!! Yea man, I think southern boys always have that connection. You were one of the guys I got to talk to the most and it's just cool to be part of this huge Animal family! Like you said man, from the new guys to the vets everyone seemed to mesh well.

We don't always get it right, but we try our best. Every Animal Athlete has to understand our mission and our values. Without that, it's a non-starter. The great thing about Marshall and Garrett is that they were committed to Animal long before they become Animals, officially. If anyone has suggestions for other athletes, let us know. We're always looking to expand the fold with dedicated individuals who understand our goals, and can share our mission for education, knowledge and inspiration.
True and true! Lol. So pumped to experience what just went down this past weekend in the Cage, this is so good for sport of powerlifting and Animal is the shit!!

Garrett is a really good guy. Stopped just to listen and watch his bench "seminar" at the ABC, and he stopped to explain everything to me and get me on the bench. Took time to break down everything and was super encouraging.

Marshall is a walking paradox. I remember seeing that side profile shot on the thread first introducing him and I thought, holy shit, thats a bad motherfucker. He is probably the nicest guy Ive ever met, and that is a serious statement.

Brent is a really respectful guy, with that workhorse attitude. When he was leaving the cage on sunday, I remember he stopped for every person in there, addressed everyone by name and thanked them for the weekend.

Awesome pickups for sure. All standup dudes.

Glad I was able to help out!! I have a passion for what i do and passing on tips and knowledge is what I love. I came up in the sport looking up to guys, picking up tips here and their basically learning along the way what worked for me. I follow no program, I do me.

Universal Rep
03-12-13, 11:52 am
All of the new athletes that Animal has signed deifnetly represent the brand the way it should be. I got a chance to talk a lot with Marshall and Brent, both of whom couldn't be nicer. Both of these guys took the time to have converstaions with me throughout the weekend as well as gave me helpful tips regarding my lifting. Both Brent and Marshall are class acts and I am glad that Animal signed them so I can continue to maintain contact with these Titans of powerlifting.

Agreed.

PLANETGETLOW
03-12-13, 1:38 pm
I love all the recent additions to the team. I am really glad the company picked Brent Willis up too. He is a giant guy with an awesome beard with an awesome lifting pedigree.

I'd like to think I know Brent personally. He's a cool kid that has a GREAT future. Actually, him and Cameron both. Congrats Brent and the rest of the team!