PDA

View Full Version : should i just say screw a diet?

KettleBellFreak
03-09-13, 1:03 am
I'm 17. I'm lifting 4 times a week with some cardio and cardio-only once. I'm trying to get stronger and I want to stay kinda cut, but as I lift more, the less and less I give a damn about cuts. I'm trying to get stronger, and im just going to cut during the summer (look good for the girls at the lake haha). Is it really necessary for me to eat on a somewhat layout? Like I don't count calories carbs or protein. I just know what I eat and make sure I eat 5 meals a day around the same time. Always get protein in every meal, eat carbs without a care and make sure my food is clean. Would it be beneficial for me to just eat all the time? And just watch portions and watch sources? Because I am always fucking hungry and I know a 17 year old metabolism kicks ass. Would that be wise if im trying to get strong without getting too much bulk pudge? I don't like a lot of fat, messes with my performance, that might be mental but I don't like it

Firefist
03-09-13, 2:18 am
In all respect, if I knew at 17 what I know now, I wouldnt be caught dead without a fork and tupperware full of food. And the girls at the lake? If they were really worth your time, it wouldnt matter if you had abs or not, fuck em (and not literally). Do you brother. Girls will come and go, until the right one who gets you wont give a shit if you have a six pack or a keg. This is your game and if strength and size is your goal, don't let a few hoochies on the sidelines hold you back. I get that at 17, all that seems like such a big deal. 5-10 years later when youre at a good place in your life with someone who really cares about you, youll look back and laugh.

KettleBellFreak
03-09-13, 10:07 am
In all respect, if I knew at 17 what I know now, I wouldnt be caught dead without a fork and tupperware full of food. And the girls at the lake? If they were really worth your time, it wouldnt matter if you had abs or not, fuck em (and not literally). Do you brother. Girls will come and go, until the right one who gets you wont give a shit if you have a six pack or a keg. This is your game and if strength and size is your goal, don't let a few hoochies on the sidelines hold you back. I get that at 17, all that seems like such a big deal. 5-10 years later when youre at a good place in your life with someone who really cares about you, youll look back and laugh.

solid fucking Advice. but nah, I like being cut.im not trying to be huge either. That's never been a goal. Honestly wanna stat between 183 and 200 unless I get taller (6'1 now). It's not about impressing girls to me man. But it's nice to show off some hard ass work every now and again. And abs don't mean shit to me. People with abs do not impress me, people with a crazy lat spread and monster cut calves impress me. My back is getting extra nice so i (humbly) want to show it off. I just was wondering if it would be better for gainin strength if i just ate everything in sight always, because god i am always hungry...

KettleBellFreak
03-09-13, 10:15 am
and believe me, right now, girls take a backseat to the iron and the last two found that the hard way LOL

In Flames
03-09-13, 10:34 am

Some of the best advice I've read on here for younger lifters. Awesome post Firefist!