PDA

View Full Version : Not your typical Jersey meathead

Loch
03-09-13, 8:41 pm
First and foremost i want to thank Frank McGrath. If it wasn't for the countless pictures and videos of you online i might have never got into the iron game. I remember seeing your physique and saying "I wanna look like that." I was also involved in a life changing accident a few years ago, but we'll save that for another night.

I've been a member here and involved in ABC's for a few years now just never really got into posting anything on here. Figured its time for a change. A little about myself: Names Mike Palumbo 22 years old standing at 5 foot 6(on a good day) currently weighing 160. In November i reached out to Shaun Clarida who i have known for a while now through ABC's and from my home gym, Ron Cappodannos Muscle Mill in Milltown. Right now i am 9 weeks out from my first show. The NPC Mid Atlantic Natural Classic. I believe this is the 23rd year Ron has done the show and it always has a big turnout. My passion for this lifestyle and the weights really made me ask myself, how bad do you want it? How bad do i want to achieve a physique like Wrath and C.Coronato and even Shaun himself. Then it hit me, i want it more then anything else in the world. It is the reason i even picked up a weight in the first place. I wasn't happy with my physique at 185 in November. I had some good size but needed to get rid of the "shit" as Shaun called it. I have been training at the mill since i was 16 and since day one Ronnie has asked me to do his show. Every year the same thing. This year i am coming for that overall. It means a lot to me to represent Rons gym and bring home that title back where it belongs. No shot some guy from another gym steps into this show and brings that title back to his stomping grounds. As many of you know from going to the ABC at the mill its no fancy place. No AC in the summer and no heat in the winter. Everything in that building is older then myself. I take pride in wearing my muscle mill apparel. The dust on the pictures hanging on the walls are motivation for me. I hope that after this show i can put my picture up there and 5 10 15 years from now have some kid come up and see my physique up there and use it as his motivation. Aspire to Inspire. But back to me..when i say im not your typical jersey meathead what i mean is i wasnt always here. My story and upbringing is unique. My experiences so far in life are also one of a kind. 100% guatemalan adopted into an italian family..Ya get some looks. Early on i learned that yeah i got my birth mom who i never knew, but the two people downstairs right now are my parents. my mother and father. and noone will change that. i learned that they didnt just make a family, but they gave me the opportunity to live. Gave me a life. Without any of that i wouldnt be here right now. i wouldnt be blessed to pick up a weight. i wouldnt have the opportunity to achieve the physique i want. I can go on and on here for my first post damn, so ill have to save some stuff for another day fellas.

Loch
03-09-13, 8:43 pm
Quickly would like to thank everyone at the universal bodybuilding camp for the advice and awesome experience. Got a huge kick outta training with Greg Long. such a bad ass dude. Also want to thank Vinny Galanti for his posing seminar today up at his training station. Being 9 weeks out from my FIRST show i thought it would be crucial to learn from a vet. Another awesome experience and really learned a lot about the stage life.

skibasgym
03-18-13, 2:37 pm
Ron Capodanno's gym has seen it all. The first Gold's gym on thge east coast to being one of the last stahlwarts of hard core training. The guy knows his shit as reminded by the ghost of the past who have trainined there and adcheived greatness. Particuarly Rich Gaspari. My picture happens to be one of the dust covered monoliths from Powerlifting years past,and I still enjoy the pride when someone recognizes me. Sick of the bullshit,purple painted temples of nothingness. Comeback to where it all began. Ron Capodanno's in Milltown.

Henri Skiba
Skiba's Gym Carteret

C.Coronato
03-18-13, 2:57 pm
Hell yea bro, welcome! You have the right mindset for sure! Looking forward to the stage my brother.

skibasgym
03-28-13, 11:04 am
Years since we used that moniker at Skibas gym but fewgyms have the mentality we have.
The term Hole used to refer to the training placethat was really a hole in the wall no heat.just light and lots of weight and equiptment. Id hate to train in a place where conceivably your parents of grandparents might be waiting on a machine for your next set...Let these business people know that these gyms gotta go...Leave that make believe gym and yeah maybe spend $10 dollars more a month,but at least you can wear the shirt of the place where you train once again and also look st yourself in the mirror again.

skibs

skibasgym
03-28-13, 11:18 am
5 sets10 reps squat machine
deep at ankes -deficit pull
135/10/2
245/10
335/1
405/1
455/
515/1
515///1ch/1rep usedfrantzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx