PDA

View Full Version : Bicep Peak

rbowman91
03-11-13, 1:53 pm
Is it genetic? Or is it something that can actually be improved specifically through certain movements (i.e. isolation curls, and things like that)?

This same question could also apply to working on back thickness versus width. I have heard opinions on this from both schools of thought (some saying genetics, others saying that these specific attributes CAN be improved intentionally).

Thoughts?

mcbeast
03-11-13, 2:01 pm
I've seen this post about once a week since 2007

Search function..

rbowman91
03-11-13, 2:34 pm

Search function..

Was looking more to engage in discussion on the subject of genetics vs what can actually be changed specifically in a physique (aside from just enlarging the muscles). I've yet to see a definitive answer anywhere, but a valuable training talk IMO.

Lifting_Is_Life
03-11-13, 8:05 pm
This can sound ignorant if you take it the wrong way but seriously, anything can be changed if it's done correctly, specifically and with all your heart and mind. FUCK the idea of genetics, it's like fate to me. I make myself look how I want, just like how the choices you make in life decides your future. Not some predestined bs

Tempus
04-11-13, 9:51 pm
Let me know when your hard work gets you to 7 feet tall....

Lifting_Is_Life
04-12-13, 12:53 pm
Let me know when your hard work gets you to 7 feet tall....

We're talking about width and size, which I personally feel you can change in how you're eating and intensity. It's simple to what I said. I think we all know that once you grow to a certain height then you're done growing.

Aggression
04-12-13, 12:57 pm
Can you make your bicep bigger, denser, harder, drier? Yes. Can you change the shape (the placement/amount of muscle fibers in a specific area), I'm going to say no.

Firefist
04-12-13, 3:22 pm
When you find someone who trains and eats thier ass off, producing a biceps peak like dareem charles, quad sweep like house, forearms like wrath, squat like eric lilliebridge, deadlift p4p like richard hawethorne all while keeping a golden age ab vacuum, yall come back here and let me know.

I'm going with what Aggz said. Be realistic. People get all riled up and pissy when genetics are talked about. Yeah, i get it.... fuck genetics and do what you can to improve. But know, that as far as you may get in beating whatever you think is holding you back, at the end of the day, what your potential is, is what your potential is. Your bone structure is not going to change in your midlife. Your insertions arent gonna all the sudden organize in a way to build this peak everyones so hot and bothered with.

Train your ass off, eat when youre supposed to. Accept what you are given, make the most out of it.

Saeger
04-12-13, 3:28 pm
when you find someone who trains and eats thier ass off, producing a biceps peak like dareem charles, quad sweep like house, forearms like wrath, squat like eric lilliebridge, deadlift p4p like richard hawethorne all while keeping a golden age ab vacuum, yall come back here and let me know.

I'm going with what aggz said. Be realistic. People get all riled up and pissy when genetics are talked about. Yeah, i get it.... Fuck genetics and do what you can to improve. But know, that as far as you may get in beating whatever you think is holding you back, at the end of the day, what your potential is, is what your potential is. Your bone structure is not going to change in your midlife. Your insertions arent gonna all the sudden organize in a way to build this peak everyones so hot and bothered with.

Train your ass off, eat when youre supposed to. Accept what you are given, make the most out of it.

^^^ boom

jexta
04-14-13, 3:21 pm

Search function..

The search function seems broken. If you type in "bicep peak" as this one was labeled, it will show a bunch of journey pages that have nothing to do with bicep peaks... In fact, the only one I seen that even mentioned it was this thread and this one didn't even show up at the top! it was like the 10th one down lol. Just saying, I'm fairly new to these forums and I have tried using the search function several times and it has never had a positive result.

I'm sure it would probably be alot easier if the Journey's were taken out of the mix. Some journeys are long and maybe there is something mentioned in there somewhere but we're talking about potentially spending hours in front of the computer searching through page after page and that hardly makes the "search" function useful. But I don't know anything about how to create forums or websites or none of this stuff so I'm sure its probably extremely difficult to perfect it lol.

JHOORNSTRA
04-14-13, 7:10 pm
When you find someone who trains and eats thier ass off, producing a biceps peak like dareem charles, quad sweep like house, forearms like wrath, squat like eric lilliebridge, deadlift p4p like richard hawethorne all while keeping a golden age ab vacuum, yall come back here and let me know.

I'm going with what Aggz said. Be realistic. People get all riled up and pissy when genetics are talked about. Yeah, i get it.... fuck genetics and do what you can to improve. But know, that as far as you may get in beating whatever you think is holding you back, at the end of the day, what your potential is, is what your potential is. Your bone structure is not going to change in your midlife. Your insertions arent gonna all the sudden organize in a way to build this peak everyones so hot and bothered with.

Nice

TheJuggernautBitch
04-17-13, 11:43 am
concentration curls helped me peak my biceps. i don't know about genetics.

BB-FLEXPRO
04-20-13, 8:41 am
Yo!

Sure this "biceps peak" thing is always a matter of genetics but despite that you can do certain things and exercises that help bring them gunz up....For me Hammer Curls did the trick, because i have never done them before. Started doing them regulary a year ago and i´m definitly seeing some good results as far as peak and bringing the height up goes...
Also focus on a very hard contraction at the top of your movements and turn your wrist inwards. Those are little things that you can improve your gunz with otherwise just be patient with what mother nature has given you bro...

Peace