PDA

View Full Version : Guns ATP log

GUNS
03-11-13, 8:47 pm
Thanks to Animal for letting me test this. I was lucky enough to get a can at the cage!

I decided to kick start it right after the trip back from the Arnold. I only hit it 2x last week. So last week was the kickstart.

Today, I hit my first ME Upper day in my 16 week meet prep. I dont know if it was the change in workout, the Reese's/Oreo/Brownie I had pre-workout, lol, or the new Stak! But I had a great pump. I have not had one of those skin ripping pumps in a long while, but I got one today! Everything felt great, 315 bench was really easy!

There are a few bigger pills in the pack! But no bigger than the uni-liver in pak! This next 2 weeks is gonna be great!

Appollonian
03-11-13, 9:24 pm
You know I'm in for this.

And that pre workout monstrosity looks amazing.

GUNS
03-11-13, 9:31 pm

You mean these?

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/ReesesBrownie_zps57b42974.jpg

Jay
03-11-13, 9:39 pm
In. Can't wait to get mine in- maybe Tuesday. I like the idea of it providing some good pumps.

GUNS
03-11-13, 9:46 pm
In. Can't wait to get mine in- maybe Tuesday. I like the idea of it providing some good pumps.
If thats what it was, this stuff is going to kick ass!

Need JDawg to chime in on this one!

B.S.
03-11-13, 11:17 pm
If thats what it was, this stuff is going to kick ass!

Need JDawg to chime in on this one!

probably, got the info today and could definitely be providing a great pump with those ingredients

DANO
03-11-13, 11:40 pm
Subbed!

Mr. Dead
03-12-13, 2:14 pm
Subbed!

What he said...

Razor
03-12-13, 5:45 pm
Subbed!

GUNS
03-12-13, 8:03 pm
Today was a DE Squat day! Pump was ok, only hit 50% was 250 x 9 sets of 3. So not really a pump kind of day. But I also had a little tweak in my lower back/hip. Strength was ok! Not as fast as I wanted it to be. But overall a pretty good day.

Endurance was fine! Not great today, but also went about an hour later than usual! Not a great night of sleep. Tossing and turning and got up starving at 3am! Big glass of milk and a protein granola bar.

Thanks for subbing in here!

Brometheus
03-12-13, 9:42 pm
Subbed

SailinScotty
03-13-13, 1:22 am
In! So is it a new formulated Stak?

Kowboy
03-13-13, 8:52 am
Seen the video, squats were quick as hell. What time of day are you taking the stak?

GUNS
03-13-13, 9:34 am
In! So is it a new formulated Stak?yes, we can't give details. But looks promising.

Seen the video, squats were quick as hell. What time of day are you taking the stak?Thanks Mark, got to be faster, more explosive. About 45 min pre, so about 330 yest.

Kowboy
03-13-13, 9:35 am
It is made from magic beans that Unicorns shit out, at least that is what the email said to me. It is more effective if given to you buy half naked midgets...or so I am told.

GUNS
03-13-13, 9:44 am
It is made from magic beans that Unicorns shit out, at least that is what the email said to me. It is more effective if given to you buy half naked midgets...or so I am told.

Weird! Mine was given to me by a Minotaur and was told shit out by mermaids!

Kowboy
03-13-13, 9:45 am
Weird! Mine was given to me by a Minotaur and was told shit out by mermaids!

Looks like we all require different magic. Should be a fun trip...

GUNS
03-13-13, 5:44 pm
Today is a recovery day! Took my pack of ATP Stak about the same time I would on my gym days. I read over on another log that J-Dawg recommends first thing in the morning on off days. So this will change on my next one!

mritter3
03-13-13, 6:40 pm
Count me in jimmy..subbed

DANO
03-13-13, 6:59 pm
Looks like we all require different magic. Should be a fun trip...

Said the hippies in the VW van! Haha

Phil800101
03-14-13, 1:42 am
Subbed.

J-Dawg
03-14-13, 3:53 pm
Definitely in for the GUNS!

GUNS
03-14-13, 8:57 pm
Had a good one tonight! It was a DE upper. So Bench was 50% at 205 x 9 sets of 3! Went really well. But hit my accessories and hit some OHDB presses at 100lbs, full stack pulldowns at 300lbs, and a few other exercises. The biggest differance was the pulldowns, These were pretty strong for me. I had to have my partner help me pull the weight down, I was hanging and could not get under the knee bar at all. So strength is up!

DaveK
03-14-13, 9:06 pm
You mean these?

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/ReesesBrownie_zps57b42974.jpg

You're fuckin killin me Jimmy!!!!

GUNS
03-14-13, 9:19 pm
I laughed hard on reading that Dave! Im eating it for you and Christian! You can do it for me next year when Im prepping!

Blondie Weapon X
03-14-13, 10:32 pm

Subbed!

What he said...

Subbed!

Subbed

Count me in jimmy..subbed

Subbed.

Definitely in for the GUNS!

Ditto times 7 or is it 6 ?? Well anyways im SUBBED!!

Blondie Weapon X
03-14-13, 10:36 pm
You mean these?

I was dreaming of these all flippin night!! AFTER reading this fucking thread last night!!! http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40301-mega-stuffed-oreos/page2
yum yum yum :P

DANO
03-15-13, 2:08 am
Sick work on the pulldowns buddy!

Tiger
03-15-13, 7:26 am
I missed this! Subbed!

Kowboy
03-15-13, 7:57 am
Have you noticed a difference so far? Today is day 2 for me

GUNS
03-15-13, 9:31 am
Sick work on the pulldowns buddy!
Thanks Dano! They were Heavy!

I missed this! Subbed!
Thanks Alan!

Have you noticed a difference so far? Today is day 2 for me
Strength feel like it is getting better, well being has been alot better for sure(not feeling as tired in the late afternoon). Sex drive is up a little

Kowboy
03-15-13, 9:46 am
So I better warn the wife? Today is a bodybuilding/active recovery day for me so I am curious to see how it feels today.

Tiger
03-15-13, 10:23 am
So I better warn the wife?

Nah, just spring it on her last minute! BOOM!

Blondie Weapon X
03-15-13, 1:28 pm
Good results showing week 2 thats note worthy!!
Im hoping my package comes today. Im ready

GUNS
03-17-13, 8:45 pm
Been a busy weekend! Hit 500 x 5 on squats this week with light wraps. Thats a rep PR and last time I hit 4 but with some really stupid heavy wraps. So strength is up!

http://youtu.be/8mm459Z17M0

Jay
03-18-13, 9:43 am
Just watched your 500pd squat video on Youtube. That was very, very impressive. Nice lift!

GUNS
03-18-13, 10:19 am
Just watched your 500pd squat video on Youtube. That was very, very impressive. Nice lift!

Thanks Jay!

Kowboy
03-18-13, 10:27 am
nice jobs on the squats man, 500 x 5 is no joke.

J-Dawg
03-18-13, 10:30 am
Been a busy weekend! Hit 500 x 5 on squats this week with light wraps. Thats a rep PR and last time I hit 4 but with some really stupid heavy wraps. So strength is up!

http://youtu.be/8mm459Z17M0

That is awesome GUNS--Very strong!

GUNS
03-18-13, 10:36 am
nice jobs on the squats man, 500 x 5 is no joke.I think my eyes were about to explode! Lol! Thanks Mark!

That is awesome GUNS--Very strong!Thanks J!

GUNS
03-18-13, 8:10 pm
Highlights from today!

BB Bench 2 Board
Barx10
135x8
225x5
315x3 Wraps added
355x1 Sleeves added
365x5

Flat DB Press Sleeves and wraps
140x15
140x10

Great workout. I am feeling strong folks! This Stak is amazing! Strength stayed up through my whole workout! So endurance is great. Got a really crazyy pump and Im doing a powerlifting routine, so this would be incredable on a bb routine! My veins are popping out as well and my arms looked fuller tonight!

Jay
03-18-13, 11:20 pm
Nice!

I've been working on my benching for a bench contest coming up. I hit 315, but failed on 320. How many times a week do u bench?

GUNS
03-19-13, 9:23 am
Nice!

I've been working on my benching for a bench contest coming up. I hit 315, but failed on 320. How many times a week do u bench?

Getting ready for this meet, Im hitting it 2xw. One day is max efforet, working up to heavy set of 5. The next one is speed work, getting about 50% for 9 sets of 3 with a pause and explosion!

J-Dawg
03-19-13, 9:27 am
Highlights from today!

BB Bench 2 Board
Barx10
135x8
225x5
315x3 Wraps added
355x1 Sleeves added
365x5

Flat DB Press Sleeves and wraps
140x15
140x10

Great workout. I am feeling strong folks! This Stak is amazing! Strength stayed up through my whole workout! So endurance is great. Got a really crazyy pump and Im doing a powerlifting routine, so this would be incredable on a bb routine! My veins are popping out as well and my arms looked fuller tonight!

Wow--365 x 5 is awesome GUNS! So in addition to strength and endurance, you're experiencing crazy pumps intra-workout?

GUNS
03-19-13, 9:42 am
Wow--365 x 5 is awesome GUNS! So in addition to strength and endurance, you're experiencing crazy pumps intra-workout?

Yes, I told the wife that I had not really been getting the skin stretching pumps like I had in the past> That was before this ATP Stak!

Tiger
03-19-13, 11:07 am
How many pills are you swallowing for the ATP Stak? Or is this top secret?

Jay
03-19-13, 11:35 am
Getting ready for this meet, Im hitting it 2xw. One day is max efforet, working up to heavy set of 5. The next one is speed work, getting about 50% for 9 sets of 3 with a pause and explosion!

Cool. Thanks for the info. My Max effort day was just one rep, may change that

Appollonian
03-19-13, 1:11 pm
Yes, I told the wife that I had not really been getting the skin stretching pumps like I had in the past> That was before this ATP Stak!

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this hitting the market!

GUNS
03-19-13, 1:30 pm
How many pills are you swallowing for the ATP Stak? Or is this top secret?

I think about 9! Some small, some big, all capsules!

GUNS
03-19-13, 1:33 pm
Did DE lower today. Went in a little earlier than usual. Felt tired. I dont think anything can help you when your down except Rage! Lol! I needed some today and dont have any around! So may need to get some for days like this! So nothing to really report today!

GUNS
03-21-13, 12:40 pm
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/100_0017-2_zpsac23fd61.jpg

Im almost finished with the testing! I have nothing but great things to say about this Stak! I will have a final write up at the end.

As you can see I hit some DE Upper today, Speed bench, Pulldowns, DB OHP, Shrugs and some band pull-a-parts!

Got a pretty crazy pump in the chest and shoulders. Felt alot better today even though I hit it early. Will post a vid up later! My strength is staying up, and my pumps are rediculous!

GUNS
03-21-13, 1:20 pm
http://youtu.be/wKCau2UPinw

Blondie Weapon X
03-21-13, 10:22 pm
[QUOTE=GUNS;1306771]http://youtu.be/wKCau2UPinw[/QUOTE

Looks solid

GUNS
03-23-13, 11:16 am
Did some deficit deads yesturday. First time doing any type of full dead since the cage! 3" deficit I worked up to 455x5. My 1 rep max is 485. I have not done a 1rm in a while. So looks pretty good!

I hit lunges/GH machine/leg raises then some calf and forearm work.

My quads were actually pumped pretty good, and my forearms were jakked. Strength is staying up. I have notices some acne. I will be finished I think tomorrow with the ATP.

GUNS
03-26-13, 4:58 pm
Did you increase your weight in any of these lifts while on Project Stak? If training for reps, did you experience any increase in reps?
• Bench-I started prep for a PL meet the week after I got back from the cage. My bench has been a little different every week while on this stak.
so in my lifts, 1st week I did 315x5 very easy! 2nd week was 2 board presses, which I got 365x5. Then this week was incline, and with a really bad
pain in my left shoulder, I hit 315x4. So my strength for this lift is really strong. Strength has went up on this lift.
• Squat-This has been my biggest jump in strength. I hit heavy squats the week after the cage and hit a surprising 500x4 with EliteFTS super heavy
wraps. Then I went to an ABC event and hit 500x5 with EliteFTS red wraps. Which are very wore out and more of an entry level light wrap. So 2 PR's on squats.
• Deads-I have not maxed out on deads in a long time, but last I did, I hit 485 for a very hard 1RM. While on ATP Stak I hit a 3" Deficit Dead of 455x5!
Progress in all 3 main lifts!

• Other lifts you perform on a weekly basis that can be tracked. All my lifts have increased, notably, Hammer curles with 75lb DB's, Flat Pressed 140lb DB's
for 15 reps followed by another 10 on the 2nd set. After my 2 board havy sets.

--Take your starting weight and your finishing weight after using Animal Stak. How much did you gain while on Project Stak? I started at 245 and am sitting at 250.
So only about 5lbs or so. But in 3 weeks, that is damn good.

--For those who are able to monitor body fat %-- did you lose any bodyfat while on Project Stak?
Did not monitor BF% while on, I am trying to bump up closer to 275 by June, so no a concern!

--How was your recovery while on Project Stak? Increased/Same/Less
Just a bit of an increase in recovery! I was a little more sore longer, pre-cage! So this stuff helped minimize recovery by about a day or so.

--Did you notice any increase in libido? Yes/No
Yes, but not immediately. I would say only in the last 3 - 4 days. So at the end of the cycle.

--Did you experience any reduction fatigue? Yes/No
Yes, I was religously using an Oxygen Depletion Mask prior to the cage to get my conditioning up for Pro vs Bro's. I stopped using it and feel like I am at the same level of conditioning I was at after not using one for the last 3-4 weeks.

--Please summarize your full thoughts about Project Stak.

All in all, I feel like this has been the best stak I have used out of Animal Test/Animal Stak(old version), and M-Stak! I dont know if there will be any tweaking of this formula, but I dont really see a need. I got more than I was expecting from it and then some! I took mine 45 minutes pre-workout, followed 15 minutes by Animal Pump!

I was taking pump before hand, and was getting really good pumps. But I told my wife before I started the ATP, that I was not getting the skin stretching pumps like I had in a long while. I love Shock Therapy, and maybe I was just on it for too long, but needed something to get me thosse pumps. I dont think the ATP stak was really ment for it, nor do I think Animal was expecting it, but this ATP Stak gave me some crazy pumps. I think a great bonus. I would love to take a week or so off this and get right back on it.

Like NG running M-Stak, a year run of this would be amazing!

Thank you Animal for the opportunity to test this out. You have created a monster with this product! Cant wait for the release!

GUNS
04-03-13, 10:38 am
Bump for J-Dawg, where you at homie! No vacations!

Jay
04-05-13, 11:25 am
Agree with your thoughts on the pumps- nice final review there.

Appollonian
04-05-13, 1:45 pm
Awesome write up Jimmy. I'm looking forward to taking the current gen Stak, then taking the new stuff later this year.

J-Dawg
04-09-13, 2:02 pm
Bump for J-Dawg, where you at homie! No vacations!

Caught it now! Definitely no vacations here--just trying to keep my head above water, haha.

I can only imagine running a year straight of this. Would be sick! But I agree, the pumps have been amazing. And progress in all 3 lifts is amazing! Can't wait to see how you do at the coming PL contest.

GUNS
04-09-13, 2:07 pm
Caught it now! Definitely no vacations here--just trying to keep my head above water, haha.

I can only imagine running a year straight of this. Would be sick! But I agree, the pumps have been amazing. And progress in all 3 lifts is amazing! Can't wait to see how you do at the coming PL contest.

Thanks Jason! I could be the corporate guinnea pig for a year test?

Thanks J, Training is going great. Just have a tweak in my left shoulder. Just hit some really heavy band bench last night with 475 at the top pretty easy!

J-Dawg
04-09-13, 3:57 pm
Thanks Jason! I could be the corporate guinnea pig for a year test?

Thanks J, Training is going great. Just have a tweak in my left shoulder. Just hit some really heavy band bench last night with 475 at the top pretty easy!

What kind of tweak do you have? I have something in my right shoulder for quite some time now that seems to have gotten worse. I had to back off from shoulder presses and heavy bench but I hope to be back to lifting heavier on the bench soon! I'll be testing my maxes on the CUBE this week (deads and squats at least) which I'm looking forward to!

475 band bench is no joke!

GUNS
04-09-13, 5:47 pm
I had AC Joint surgery in 02 and he left alone a small tear in my cartilage. So Im guessing its that. But it hurts just sitting,, raising it to the side and front. But Im gonna push through. Im committed! Hopefully this is as bad as it gets. Ill be using the bamboo bar a little each week as well. Curious as to how you have progressed on the cube!