PDA

View Full Version : BSand ATP Log

BSand
03-12-13, 11:01 am
Thanks again for including me. I can't wait to get started. I took a break from hovering over the front door like a buzzard to get my log started. If the package arrives today I'm starting it tomorrow.

I'm 5'5", 160 pounds, 41 years old. My body fat percentage is about 16%. My diet and sups haven't changed in a very long time, so adding Project Stak in will the only new variable. Because of that I should notice any changes pretty easily.

I train 4-5 days per week, but not on set days, and the exercise rotation is always the same. I do two sets of 8-10 reps, plus one set where I drop the weight 30% and do another 8-10, plus 4-6 slow negatives. Because of nagging and recurring injuries I use Hammer machines for chest exercises and I don't deadlift or rack pull anymore. Here are a few starting numbers:

Hammer Flat Press- 275
Squat- 255
Underhand Row- 255

J-Dawg
03-14-13, 2:11 pm
Subbed. Curious to see how this will affect your lifts!

BSand
03-14-13, 3:52 pm
Can't wait to see for myself! Package arrived today so tomorrow's day 1! Looking forward to getting this rolling.

J-Dawg
03-14-13, 4:01 pm
Can't wait to see for myself! Package arrived today so tomorrow's day 1! Looking forward to getting this rolling.

That's awesome news. Glad the package arrived today!

BSand
03-14-13, 5:09 pm
I met the ups driver at the curb and had my hand on the box while he was trying to scan it. . He was looking at me like I was a lunatic.

BSand
03-15-13, 10:19 am
Just finished day 1. I took the Stak after I ate and 45 minutes before I got to the gym. About a half hour after taking it, I felt really focused. I usually don't say 4 words when I'm in the gym, but today I felt even more dialed in.

Today was chest day, so I did my normal 2x8 plus a 30% drop set of 8 reps with 4-6 slow negatives. The exercises are:
-Hammer flat press
-Incline dumbbells
-Incline dumbbell flye
-Pec Dec
-dips (for these I did 2 sets of negatives till failure)

I also did a few sets of standing calf raises. I do something for calves every day becuase my calves are an embarassment.

I had either an incremental weight increase or I added a rep or two, but this is kind of how it's been going so I can't attribute this to the Stak. We'll see next week what happens after I've had 7 doses.

Along with the focus, I feel like I moved more quickly from set to set and exercise to exercise. And I definitely felt an increased pump, especially after the pec dec and dips.

Weight is 160. I'm not doing anything different with my diet for the next three weeks so I can see what happens.

Pretty good day 1. Tomorrow's an off day and then I'll be back on Sunday for back. Time to eat.

J-Dawg
03-15-13, 10:22 am
I met the ups driver at the curb and had my hand on the box while he was trying to scan it. . He was looking at me like I was a lunatic.

LOL--That's awesome.

Looks like a solid day 1 in the books!

BSand
03-15-13, 1:33 pm
Yeah, very positive day. I can't wait to see what it feels like next week.

BSand
03-17-13, 1:47 pm
Today is in the books. Here's the workout:

-underhand row
-wide grip pulldowns to chest
-reverse grip pulldowns
-seated row
-pullovers

Weights went up on all exercises and I got to my rep targets. It's only been my second workout since starting the test and my third pack, but it's feeling great. My focus has never been better and I still felt good at the end of the workout when last week I would have been running out of gas. I'm trying to figure out how much of this is in my head, but the weights and the feeling weren't lying today. I'm usually good and sore in the evening and morning after back day, so it'll be interesting to see how it feels tomorrow.

Shoulders tomorrow and then an off day on Tuesday.

BSand
03-18-13, 10:54 am
Shoulders today and it was another solid workout. All of my weights went up, and I hit all of my rep targets again. Here's the workout:

-Hammer shoulder press
-Lateral flye
-Reverse pec dec flye
-Arnold dumbbell press
-Barbell shrug

The biggest thing that I'm noticing is that I'm still feeling strong by the end of the workout. So far I've had no soreness after my back workout yesterday, and I'm always sore after that workout. The strength gains are nice, and the fact that I'm adding weight every exercise, hitting my reps and still feeling strong is awesome. I'm taking a day off tomorrow and then I'll be back on Wednesday for arms. My biceps are pushing up against a plateau, so if I have the same kind of experience during my bicep workout as I've had with every other body part I'm going to be really f'ing excited.

J-Dawg
03-18-13, 11:20 am
The biggest thing that I'm noticing is that I'm still feeling strong by the end of the workout. So far I've had no soreness after my back workout yesterday, and I'm always sore after that workout. The strength gains are nice, and the fact that I'm adding weight every exercise, hitting my reps and still feeling strong is awesome. I'm taking a day off tomorrow and then I'll be back on Wednesday for arms. My biceps are pushing up against a plateau, so if I have the same kind of experience during my bicep workout as I've had with every other body part I'm going to be really f'ing excited.

Increased strength + better recovery is always a good thing!

BSand
03-18-13, 11:25 am
Hell yes. I'm available to test another 30 or 40 cans if you need me to.

BSand
03-19-13, 10:16 am
Today was supposed to be an off day, but I woke up feeling really good so I scrapped the rest day and went to the gym for arms. It was awesome -- I handled more weight than ever before with good, solid reps. The workout:

-barbell curl
-dumbbell hammer curl
-one arm dumbbell preacher curl
-close grip press
-pushdowns
-one arm dumbbell overhead extensions

My energy was up through the entire workout and my rest time, even with the heavier weights, is dropping between sets. Not becuase I'm timing it or making myself go faster -- I'm just ready to go again. And the pump is ridiculous. I left the gym 45 minutes ago and I'm still feeling it.

My weight it still hovering around the same as it's been, but I'm going to do an official weigh-in on Friday to see where I am after a week.

BSand
03-20-13, 10:04 am
Got in this morning for legs but it was a tough one. I was up late last night working and didn't sleep well, but that was becuase of work irritation. I got in for the workout and got through it, but I wasn't feelng as good as I have been for the past week.

Squats
Hack squats
Leg press
Extensions
Lying curls
Calves on leg press

I was able to add a few reps and a little weight here and there so it was still mildly positive. I'm taking the day off tomorrow because I'll be driving around all day for meetings. Probably need it by now anyway. Friday will be my second chest workout while on P Stak so with a good night of sleep it'll be interesting to see how things have changed since last week.

J-Dawg
03-21-13, 5:00 pm
Hell yes. I'm available to test another 30 or 40 cans if you need me to.

Haha nice!

J-Dawg
03-21-13, 5:02 pm
Today was supposed to be an off day, but I woke up feeling really good so I scrapped the rest day and went to the gym for arms. It was awesome -- I handled more weight than ever before with good, solid reps. The workout:

-barbell curl
-dumbbell hammer curl
-one arm dumbbell preacher curl
-close grip press
-pushdowns
-one arm dumbbell overhead extensions

My energy was up through the entire workout and my rest time, even with the heavier weights, is dropping between sets. Not becuase I'm timing it or making myself go faster -- I'm just ready to go again. And the pump is ridiculous. I left the gym 45 minutes ago and I'm still feeling it.

My weight it still hovering around the same as it's been, but I'm going to do an official weigh-in on Friday to see where I am after a week.

Got in this morning for legs but it was a tough one. I was up late last night working and didn't sleep well, but that was becuase of work irritation. I got in for the workout and got through it, but I wasn't feelng as good as I have been for the past week.

Squats
Hack squats
Leg press
Extensions
Lying curls
Calves on leg press

I was able to add a few reps and a little weight here and there so it was still mildly positive. I'm taking the day off tomorrow because I'll be driving around all day for meetings. Probably need it by now anyway. Friday will be my second chest workout while on P Stak so with a good night of sleep it'll be interesting to see how things have changed since last week.

Definitely curious to hear how the weight is and how the strength is the second week in. And I hope the work stuff doesn't drown you too much!

BSand
03-21-13, 10:45 pm
Up at 4:30 this morning and went from PA, to VA, to MD, and then back to PA, and I just got home. I can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow and start week 2. I took my pack this morning first thing and felt great all day and my muscles feel more full and well rested for tomorrow. I'll also check my weight to see if it changed at all.

BSand
03-22-13, 10:29 am
First day of week 2 and it was pretty good. I did 10 reps at 280 and then did 6 reps plus 2 rest/pause at 290 for my Hammer bench, up 15 pounds from where I started last week. All other exercises in my chest workout also increased, so strength is absolutely up from last week, and not just a little bit. The pump was crazy throughout the whole workout and I felt great throughout. Next week I'm going to start at 290 and I'm expecting to knock out the 8 reps (or more) and then try 295 which is way above where I've ever been for this exercise.

My weight is now 162, up 2 pounds from a week ago. My pants still feel the same, I didn't get any taller and my brain definitely didn't get any bigger so I put on two pounds of something in a week. I'm going to weigh in more frequently to see if that weight holds or changes in one direction or another. I think it might take a few weeks after this test is over to really know what that weight is. But after a week of testing the new Stak I'm sold.

BSand
03-24-13, 12:54 pm
Week 2 back day today -- strength increased on all exercises again, although not as dramatically as it did with my chest workout on Friday. I had a pretty shitty weekend personally, so I was expecting this to be a tough one to get through, but I was able to maintain focus and still have a decent workout.

I think Stak is helping with my sleep too. I've never really had a problem sleeping, but waking up and getting moving was always tough. Now I'm waking up feeling more rested and ready to go with the same amount of sleep. And I'm feeling virtually no soreness between workouts when before I'd always have some.

My weight is back down to 160, so that 2 pound increase that I saw at the end of week 1 has gone away. It must have been water or something.

BSand
03-25-13, 10:39 am
Week 2 shoulder day -- I'm repeating myself but it was another really good workout with awesome energy and a great pump throughout. I feel like every time I walk in I'm going to be stronger no matter what else is going on and I haven't been disappointed yet. I've never been this focused in the gym and I really feel the connection during every set. My rest time is low between sets and I'm ready to go on the next set and exercise so much faster than I ever have. It doesn't hurt that it's a crappy day today weather-wise so a lot of the Monday morning clowns stayed home.

I'm not looking forward to this test ending. It's been an great week and half.

BSand
03-26-13, 10:12 am
Just completed week 2 arms day. Weight increased on all exercises and I hit all of my rep targets. The pump is good every workout but it's just ridiculous on arms day. I just counted and I only have 8 packs left in the can. Being a part of the test has been awesome, and testing a product that flat out works is even better.

My weight went down today to 159. My diet's been the same along with everything else, so I dropped something from last week. I'll continue to watch it to see what happens over the next week.

BSand
03-27-13, 10:09 am
Took the day off today to give myself some extra rest. Not because I felt like I needed it -- I woke up this morning feeling really good and totally recovered. But I forced the off day just to rest and I'll be good to go for tomorrow for legs.

BSand
03-28-13, 10:26 am
Killer leg workout today. I hit a new number with my squats and completed a solid 8 reps. Today was the last day of week 2 and it's amazing how great it feels at this point -- strength, focus, stamina, pump, recovery. I was thinking today if there's any possibility when this comes to market that this version of Stak could be cycled like Test, where 6 weeks are optimal instead of the 3 on/1 off. If it can't, it can't, but I'm in such a nice goove now I'm hating the idea of having only 21 days. I just want to keep it rolling.

My weight's back to 160 and holding steady. I'll keep on watching it for the next week but after 14 days I'm exactly where I started bodyweight-wise.

BSand
03-29-13, 11:39 am
Today was the first day of week 3. My strength increased again for my chest exercises, and the pump after this workout was as good as its ever been. I got out of the gym an hour and a half ago and I'm still feeling it now. It was really crowded in there this morning too. A lot of people are off and they all went to the gym, but my focus was solid and I had a really good workout.

My weight is hovering right around 159-160. I'll put all of the numbers together at the end of next week when my test is over and I'm doing my final writeup. I'm going to take a few days off with my family and then I'll be back to finish up.

BSand
04-02-13, 10:10 am
Just got back to it after taking a nice three day break, and my back workout today was stronger than ever. I think the combination of the extra rest plus Stak and eating like a pig all weekend set me up for a good one today. Tomorrow and Thursday are my last two workouts for the test, and I know I've said this about 100 times but I'm not looking forward to this being over

Weight today was 158, down two pounds from last Friday. This is bizarre, becuase, like I said, I ate everything that wasn't nailed down this weekend. But I'm still two pounds lighter than I was four days ago. With the exception of this weekend my diet's been holding steady at a maintenance level so I'm kind of surprised by this. But if I'm dropping pounds but still increasing strength, that's a pretty good deal.

BSand
04-03-13, 10:29 am
Solid shoulder workout again today. I get such a great pump throughout and after the workout, and it stays around for a while. My weight is still at 158 and it's looking like it might be headed to 157. But I'm definitely stronger than I was the week before so I'm not losing any muscle in the process. I love how focused I am for the whole workout and I feel driven throughout.

Tomorrow is my last workout for the test, and then I'll put down all my thoughts.

BSand
04-04-13, 11:53 am
Today was the last day for me, so here's my write up:

Impact on main lifts- I increased strength of the three exercises that I mentioned below (hammer flat bench, squat and underhand rows). Using the same rep targets and number of sets for the three weeks I experienced a 5% increase in my bench max, 6% increase in squats and 6% increase in my underhand rows. What was great about this is not only did I have the increased strength, but I finished each set hitting my rep target. Prior to the test I don't know if I would have been at these weights after three weeks, and if I was I doubt that I would have been able to do all of the reps.

Body weight- my diet stayed the same throughout the three weeks (more maintenance than bulking or cutting), and I went from 160 to just under 158. With the strength gains I had, I assume the loss was water, fat, or a combination of both. I was dealing with a good bit of work stress during the three weeks and some personal BS also (see libido), so some of the loss could be due to that.

Recovery/fatigue reduction- this was awesome throughout the entire test period. During my workouts I felt focused and completely charged. I moved quickly from set to set and moved through the workouts like I never have before. Even during the sets -- I had the fatigue that you'd expect in the middle and end of a set but I also felt like I could keep plowing through it. The pump throughout my workouts was great too, especially during my arm and chest workouts. I also think that my recovery and rest time out of the gym was improved because soreness that I'd usually feel wasn't there and I added workouts to days when I usually would have rested because I felt like I could go in and have a good session.

Libido- no change here. I broke up with my girlfriend of two years in the middle of the test, and no pill in the world could have helped me after that mess.

Summary- I think the Universal and the Animal brand has a real winner here. By the middle of the first week of the test I was absolutely feeling the positive impact of Project Stak and by week 2 is was full on. I can't wait for this to come to market so I can get on the train. My question is can this be formulated so that it can be taken for 6 weeks like Test, or does it need to stay as 3 week cycles? If it's 3 weeks, so be it, but I would have loved to have three more weeks to see what I could have done with this with more time. This really is an awesome product, and while I was taking this I didn't feel like the 41 year old that I am.

Thanks again J-Dawg and Univeral for including me in the test. I loved being a part of this and I hope I can get to do it again sometime.