PDA

View Full Version : MR.TeachFreak--ATP Log

MR.TeachFreak
03-13-13, 10:50 pm
Here is my ATP log. I will be posting stats, supps, workout, etc. tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so I can get started right away.

MR.TeachFreak
03-14-13, 10:54 am
Stats:

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 272lbs. (this morning)

Workout:

I am going to be using this template as the basis for my workouts: http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/kentucky-strong-531-for-strongman/

I am trying to split day 1 and 2 into 3 days and then have 2 days for the strongman workouts. I do not have all the equipment listed for the strongman workout so I will listing and using what I have. By the end of the today I will have my workouts laid out. I am finishing up Day two on the original template in the article today. Then transitioning to the modified workout Friday.

Any suggestions on how to split up days 1 and 2 into 3 days would be great along with how to organize my 2 "strongman" days.

Strongman Equipment:
-Prowler 2
-Tire (with sledgehammer)
-100ft. 1.5 inch thick rope
-Farmers walk
-Keg (filled with water)
-Slosh pipe (10 ft. long by 4 inch diameter partially filled with water)
-Bought an atlas stone mold but not sure when I will have any stones made.

J-Dawg
03-14-13, 1:40 pm
Subbed. This should be good!

MR.TeachFreak
03-14-13, 2:56 pm
Supps:

The following are the supps that I am taking now. The probiotic is a very generic one to help with my already messed up digestion system. My normal meds are the ones I take daily for my Ulcerative Colitis (UC). The Just Whey is used in the morning between my 1st and 2nd periods as a meal basically. The Multi-V and Joint-V are taken with my lunch since my meds are taken at breakfast. The probiotic is taken in the morning and before bed. Animal Pump is of course my pre-workout right now.

-Sportpharma Just Whey
-Sportpharma Multi-V
-Sportpharma Joint-V
-Animal Pump
-Probiotic
-Normal meds

It is also worth noting that as of right now I am kicking all fluids except water with little exception besides some flavoring powder, gatorade/powerade, and milk. Around 95% of my fluids will be water and no sodas, juices, etc. whatsoever.

Diet:

Right now I am cleaning up my diet and am focusing on getting clean and whole foods into me. Right now I have forbidden myself all fast food and restaurants until I get myself cleaned up again. This is both for my workout goals, money, and my UC. More or less if I want something fancy it is up to me to cook it. That being said the basics of my diet are as follows. I am working on adding more to it but I have some constraints due to the UC such as little to no red meat and the same for fruits and veggies due to their potential to cause a flare up. So this test is going to be really fun to see how it works with my unique diet. Of course these foods will change as I find out what works best for me and gets me the best results. I also need to add at least one more meal.

Breakfast
-Large container of greek yogurt
-Glass of whole milk

1st/2nd period meal
-Two scoops Sportpharma Just Whey w/ water

Lunch
-Boiled and baked country style ribs or boiled and baked chicken thigh or tuna sandwiches on whole wheat rolls

Post workout
-Twice baked potato
-One of the options from lunch above

Dinner
-Usually the option not taken from lunch or post workout
-Home cooked meal (healthy and home cooked options randomly chosen to add to my recipe book)

J-Dawg
03-14-13, 3:48 pm
Looks like your following a solid diet and supplement protocol. Do you find that the UC clears up when you eat clean or eat a certain way?

MR.TeachFreak
03-14-13, 4:00 pm
Looks like your following a solid diet and supplement protocol. Do you find that the UC clears up when you eat clean or eat a certain way?

It definitely is better by just eating clean alone. Staying on a more specific diet helps a lot more in terms of what I eat and how much I eat at any one time. I found that too much greasy/fast food can really cause a mean flare up. And even eating too many large meals can get me. So I am really careful now in what I eat. After my last colonoscopy, which was bad, I realized I really need to clean it up.

The probiotics and greek yogurt also help a lot in keeping the good bacteria in my system and keeping the flare ups to a minimum.

And weirdly I also find working out and being active seems to help a lot too. When I was visiting my sister in NYC this past Christmas I noticed that I was not having to go to the bathroom as often yet I was eating out more. The only thing that really changed is all the walking that we did while I was there. So I noticed if I move around more it seems to help. Good thing I am a teacher and can walk around my classroom easily then.

MR.TeachFreak
03-14-13, 10:33 pm
No package today but still hit the gym hard.

Weight at gym: 273

75%x5, 80%x5, 85%x5+

Deadlift-305/5, 325/5, 345/8
Front Squat-170/5, 180/5, 190/6
Lunges-135/4x10
Leg Curl-140/4x10
Roll outs-3x15

Notes
-Good workout overall. Need to find something other then lunges since I don't really have enough space in my current gym.
-No ATP today which probably works out as I will be restructuring the template and starting anew tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
03-15-13, 10:25 am
Here is how my workout is looking starting tomorrow. I try to arrange most of my gym times on Friday and the weekend so I don't have to worry about prepping for school the next day. Of course this will evolve as I get more equipment and find what works best for me. As mentioned before I am following the 5/3/1 template for my gym workouts.

Day One:
1. Overhead Press
2. Chin Up
3. Incline Bench Press
4. Face Pulls
5. Dips
6. Hammer Curl
Day Two:
Medley/Circuit (x3 moving to x5 over time)
1. Farmers Walk-40 ft.
2. Tire Flip-8-10 times or distance back to prowler
3. Prowler Push-40 ft.
4. Walking Lunges-40ft.
5. Sledge Hammer Hits-10 each side (left, middle, right) up to 20 over time
Day Three:
1. Deadlift
2. Good Morning
3. Hack Squat
4. Hanging Leg Raise
5. Decline sit ups
Day Four:
1. Farmers Walk-40 ft.
2. Tire Flip-8-10 times or distance back to prowler
3. Prowler Push-40 ft.
4. Walking Lunges-40ft.
Day Five:
1. Front Squat
2. Leg Press
3. Leg Curl
4. Hanging Leg Raise
5. Decline sit ups

MR.TeachFreak
03-15-13, 10:30 pm
Got my ATP package! Stoked to get in the gym.

First things first I did do a smell test. I have found that each Animal product seems to have a unique "scent" so to speak. This one seems the most low key. But still different.

First workout.

Weight at gym: 273lbs

Overhead Press-160/5, 175/5, 185/3
Chin Ups-bw/4,3,2
Incline Bench Press-1750/5, 180/5, 190/5
Face Pulls-140/2x20
Dips-bw/8,6,6,6,3,2
DB Hammer Curls-70/8,8,4

Notes
-Very good day in the gym. Was motivated as hell. A bit disappointed I did not make my target reps on OHP but its more motivation. But it was the best day I have had in the gym in a while.
-Realized I did not post my modified workout scheme. Will do that tomorrow morning as it is in my work computer.
-Tomorrow is a implement workout. Right now as it stands it will be about 50ft of prowler push, tire flip back, then lunges with my slosh pipe back to start. I will do this circuit until I am dying to see where I am. Then as a finisher I will do a few rounds of sledge hammer hits on the tire. Lets see if I wake anyone up with the prowler.

J-Dawg
03-16-13, 3:51 pm
It definitely is better by just eating clean alone. Staying on a more specific diet helps a lot more in terms of what I eat and how much I eat at any one time. I found that too much greasy/fast food can really cause a mean flare up. And even eating too many large meals can get me. So I am really careful now in what I eat. After my last colonoscopy, which was bad, I realized I really need to clean it up.

The probiotics and greek yogurt also help a lot in keeping the good bacteria in my system and keeping the flare ups to a minimum.

And weirdly I also find working out and being active seems to help a lot too. When I was visiting my sister in NYC this past Christmas I noticed that I was not having to go to the bathroom as often yet I was eating out more. The only thing that really changed is all the walking that we did while I was there. So I noticed if I move around more it seems to help. Good thing I am a teacher and can walk around my classroom easily then.

These all make sense for allowing the body to work its best!

J-Dawg
03-16-13, 3:52 pm
And I'm glad to hear that Project Stak arrived. Things are underway now!

MR.TeachFreak
03-16-13, 4:34 pm
These all make sense for allowing the body to work its best!

Yeah I used to be very OCD about the UC but now that I have had if for more then a few years I have found that worrying less about this and that and letting things happen a bit more naturally seem to work better then really being paranoid about it.

MR.TeachFreak
03-16-13, 7:13 pm
Weight-No scale at apartment (will change in a few days)

Today was my first real strongman/GPP/conditioning day. I did the following circuit twice. Why twice? Because at the end of the second circuit I had nothing left. I guess it being so different I was not ready at all.

Tire flips-x8
Prowler Push-90lbs+sled/40ft x2
Lunges-60+lbs 10ft. slosh pipe/40x2

After the circuit I did 4 rounds of sledge hammer hits on the tire. I did 20 hits each side. It really finished me off but being a more upper body thing I think I can tweak it and do more.

Notes
-I was disappointed with how I did but knowing that I have not been doing cardio and have only back in the gym for a few weeks after a bad UC flare up. So I have a lot or work to do.
-Overall I feel it did go well. I left a lot out there. And it was good to be outside and doing some form of cario/conditioning again.
-Excited for when I can pick up two more 45 lb plates to use my farmers walk, adding in my keg, and getting my atlas stone mold.

MR.TeachFreak
03-17-13, 10:03 pm
Will post my workout today later tonight but here is the basic template I will be using for my log. It will be modified depending on what works and what doesn't. I used teh article I linked too plus the 5/3/1 book to help me make it. Advice is always appreciated. I am thinking about switching up my "strongman" days and instead of a circuit do tire flips as a set then super set the prowler push with the lunges w/ slosh pipe.

Day One:
1. Overhead Press-5/3/1
2. Chin Up
3. Incline Bench Press-5/3/1
4. Face Pulls
5. Dips
6. Hammer Curl
Day Two:
1. Farmers Walk-40 ft.
2. Tire Flip-8-10 times
3. Prowler Push-40 ft.
4. Walking Lunges-40ft.
Day Three:
1. Deadlift-5/3/1
2. Good Morning
3. Hack Squat
4. Hanging Leg Raise
5. Decline sit ups
Day Four:
1. Farmers Walk-40 ft.
2. Tire Flip-8-10 times
3. Prowler Push-40 ft.
4. Walking Lunges-40ft.
Day Five:
1. Front Squat-5/3/1
2. Leg Press
3. Leg Curl
4. Hanging Leg Raise
5. Decline sit ups

MR.TeachFreak
03-18-13, 12:04 am
Weight at gym-280lbs (Scale is suspect since as I shifted so did my weight and for awhile I was light as a feather)

Rack pull-315/5, 335/5, 355/5
Hack squat-320/4x8
Good mornings-135/5x6
Hanging leg raise-bw/4x10
Decline situps-25/4x15

Notes
-Another great and motivated workout. Hit bare minimum reps on rack pulls so there is plenty of room for improvement.
-Not as sore as I thought I would be after being whooped on my conditioning/implement day. My forearms are slightly sore strangely but that is it.
-Thinking of changing up my conditioning/implement day to 3+ sets of 8 tire flips as I am able then combining the prowler push and lunges into super sets.
-Finally have my keg filled with water and up and running. Just need to figure out a way to work it in.

MR.TeachFreak
03-18-13, 11:54 pm
Weight at wakeup-279lbs

Conditioning-Rained out.

Home ab work:

Sit ups-4x20
Reverse Sit ups=4x20
Planks-3x 30 seconds
Side Planks-3x30 seconds

Notes
-Rained out my outside workout for today so did some ab work inside.
-Overall little to no soreness from my previous workouts. Feeling really good.

MR.TeachFreak
03-19-13, 8:03 pm
Morning Weight-280.5lbs

Front Squat-150/5, 160/5, 170/7, 205/2
Leg Press-590/4x8
Leg Curl-140/6x6
Hanging Leg Raise-bw/4x10, 1x3
Decline sit ups-35/4x15

Notes
-Awesome day at the gym. Felt focused, motivated, and energized.
-I felt great on the front squats and got over 5+ on the third set and then said fuck it and decided to give 205 a shot and hit two reps. It has been forever since I had done front squats I was worried I picked too high a max. Wanted to go to 215 for a single but on the third and fourth set I was starting to pitch forward. Means my lower back is a weak and I felt it too.
-Going to start adding in lower back as well in addition to good mornings due to the aforementioned issues on front squats. I know my gym as a 45 degree back extension(?) so I can add that into but any other tips would be a help. Thinking of buying a cambered bar at the end of the month to add in lighter sets of squats on off days to work the lower back more.
-Increased reps and/or weight on abs since I was feeling great today and yesterday. Usually when I restart abs I am hurtin the next few days but felt great.
-Since my implement day was rained out I will try to add it in tomorrow if my department meeting doesn't last too long.

MR.TeachFreak
03-20-13, 10:18 pm
Morning weight-279lbs.

Rest day (sorta)

Home ab work:

Sit ups-4x20
Reverse Sit ups-4x20
Planks-3x 30 seconds
Side Planks-3x30 seconds

Notes
-Rest day so I decided to do some ab work inside anyways. Decided against any implement work for today since I had more school work then usual.
-Felt good. Only a bit of soreness in my legs.

MR.TeachFreak
03-21-13, 11:58 pm
Morning Weight-281lbs

Rest day (sorta)

Home ab work:

Sit ups-4x20
Reverse Sit ups-4x20
Planks-3x 30 seconds
Side Planks-3x30 seconds

Notes
-Cooked some food tonight. Trying to figure out a healthier fried chicken. Lighter whole wheat breading and pan fried I think will help. Will never be perfect but its a step on my path to cleaning up my diet fully.
-No soreness today and felt really good.
-Starting week 2 tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
03-22-13, 11:49 pm
Weight-282lbs

OHP-175/3, 185/3, 195/3
Chin Ups-bw/5,4,2,1
Incline BP-185/3, 195/3, 205/5
Face Pulls-150/2x20
Dips-bw/9, 7, 6, 4, 5, 3
BB Curls-135/3x5, 2

Notes
-Overall a good workout. Either increasing reps or weight each week.
-Motivated and energized today.

MR.TeachFreak
03-24-13, 12:59 pm
Weight-281 lbs

Tire Flips-3x8, 3x5
Prowler Push-90+sled/4x8 (50ft)

Notes
-I did not realize how out of shape I was. Really gassed after this.
-Used the front handles for my last sprint and while it was awkward at first I really felt it in my legs after just one sprint.

MR.TeachFreak
03-24-13, 10:28 pm
Weight-279 lbs

Rack Pulls-335/3, 355/3, 375/4
Hack Squat-340/5x8
Good mornings-145/5x6
Hanging Leg Raise-bw/4x10, 1x5
Decline sit ups-35/5x15

Notes
-Felt great today in the gym. Made sure to get rep or weight PRs. I always try and increase something every week. Always improving in some aspect.
-Beat my minimum reps of rack pulls.
-Forearms are fairly sore but I think once I get used to tire flipping it will go away.
-Feeling great overall. Not a lot of soreness, focused, and energized in the gym.

MR.TeachFreak
03-26-13, 8:31 am
Weight-281.5lbs

Home Ab Work:

Sit ups-4x20
Reverse Sit ups-4x20
Planks-3x30 seconds
Side Planks-3x30 seconds

Notes
-Two hour meeting after school=unofficial rest day. Took my Project Stak in the morning anticipating the long meeting.
-Little to no soreness from workouts. Feeling great.

MR.TeachFreak
03-26-13, 10:15 pm
Weight-283lbs

Front Squat-160/3, 170/3, 180/7, 205/2, 215/1, 230/1
Leg Curl-150/6x6
Leg Press-610/4x8
Hanging Leg Raise-bw/3x10
Decline sit ups-35/5x15, 1x10

Notes
-Front squats were both brutal and actually fun today. I was just so motivated that I wanted to keep going and got 230 for one.
-Was really feeling my lower back after the front squats. Tried the 45 degree back extension at my gym and I just was not getting any lower back work even with weight. I think I am really going to have to double up good mornings (bands maybe?). A GHR would be perfect for working my lower back (plus hams) but there isn't one. And those are way out of my budget to get one for my storage unit.
-Abs were pretty sore today. Not as horrible as they have been before but I can tell I am reaching a good platform point for my ab work. Now I know where I can go from here.

MR.TeachFreak
03-28-13, 8:50 am
Weight-282.5lbs

Rest Day

Home Ab Work:

Sit ups-4x20
Reverse Sit ups-4x20
Planks-3x30 seconds
Side Planks-3x30 seconds

Notes
-Did not get any conditioning in as I stayed after school extra long to get all my grades done so I would not have to work over spring break.
-Overall feeling great. Little to no soreness and I am really smashing my workouts lately.

MR.TeachFreak
03-28-13, 11:41 pm
Weight-282lbs

Rest Day

Home Ab Work:

Sit ups-4x20
Reverse Sit ups-4x20
Planks-3x30 seconds
Side Planks-3x30 seconds

Notes
-Another long day at school to minimize the amount of teacher work I will have to do over my break.
-Looking forward to break. Get mentally prepared for the last big push before state testing.

MR.TeachFreak
03-29-13, 11:05 pm
Weight-N/A

Rest/Travel Day

Notes
-Got ready and drove to my parents place today so wasn't able to do much.
-Took my Project Stak in the morning and am still feeling great. No real soreness after my workouts and I am feeling great overall.

MR.TeachFreak
03-31-13, 8:33 pm
3/30/13

Weight-281lbs

Work Day

Home Ab Work:

Sit ups-4x20
Reverse Sit ups-4x20
Planks-3x30 seconds
Side Planks-3x30 seconds

Notes
-Worked a long double shift at my summer job to make some extra cash.

MR.TeachFreak
03-31-13, 8:50 pm
3/31/13

Weight-283.5lbs

Rest Day

Notes
-Worked and the gym was closed today so took a proper rest day as best I could.
-Still feeling great. Little bit of soreness but I worked a long shift and barely slept.

MR.TeachFreak
04-02-13, 10:59 pm
4/1/13 & 4/2/13

Sick Days

Notes
-Been really sick/allergies today and yesterday. So taking some more nyquil and should be back on track tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
04-03-13, 10:53 pm
Still sick.

Notes
-Still sick/allergies. Lots of congestion still and mucus. Having issues with breathing if I get to active.
-Had a Dr. appointment today with my GI guy. Blood panels came back good.

MR.TeachFreak
04-05-13, 10:09 pm
Weight-277lbs

Back in the gym

OHP-170/5, 185/3, 205/2
CU-bw/6,4,5,4,3
IBP-170/5, 190/3, 215/4
FP-85/3x15*
Dips-bw/10, 7, 6, 5, 2
BB Curl-135/5x4

Notes
-*Face pulls were done on a triceps pushdown machine so the weight actually weighed what it was supposed to be vs. the multiple pulleys in a cable crossover machine.
-Overall numbers are good and still going up. Continued to take the Project Stak when sick just switched to mornings. Feeling great now and ready to get back in the gym.
-Looking at hitting the gym early tomorrow morning and then my implements in Fay once I get back,
-Fat bar is ordered and on its way. Looking into a log or cambered squat bar with my paycheck from work over break.

J-Dawg
04-09-13, 1:57 pm
When your final thoughts are ready to go, can you post up here? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40724-ATTN-Project-Stak-ATP-Final-Feedback-Thread

Looking forward to it!

MR.TeachFreak
04-09-13, 2:42 pm
When your final thoughts are ready to go, can you post up here? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40724-ATTN-Project-Stak-ATP-Final-Feedback-Thread

Looking forward to it!

Already working on final thoughts.

J-Dawg
04-09-13, 3:54 pm
Already working on final thoughts.

Awesome!