PDA

View Full Version : Jays ATP log.

Jay
03-14-13, 1:45 pm
Thanks again for selecting me for testing out the new STAK product. I have just recieved my can today in the mail. I have been lucky to test out a few products in the past (agent O being one of them) and will post a solid review here. As of right now Im awaiting some information on when to take ATP.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2358/48372357519630193725228.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/48372357519630193725228.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Im currently 33, from Massachusetts, and get a workout in late morning/early afternoon. Having just come of a solid y3t training routine, I've currently switched back to the following.
Monday. Chest
Tuesday. Back
Weds. OFF/Cardio
Thurs. Legs
Fri. Arms
Sat. Shoulders
Sun. Cardio

I am also looking at getting somewhere around 20-30 minutes of cardio post workout if possible.

Diet is , well there. LOL. Im not super strict or counting macros, but shoot for the basic bodybuilding diet.

Supps. As you may or may not know, I ONLY use Universal. Heres what I have and use;

UniVite
Fish Oil
Joint V
Shock Therapy (peach tea)
Rage (OJ)
Atomic 7 (watermelon or Razz)
Pro/Oats
Storm (blue Rasp)
Torrent Zero (watermelon)

I dont use all of them everyday, but rotate them.

I'm looking forward to getting the new product in to my stak and will get started asap. (May even use a pack for legs today)

Jay
03-14-13, 1:50 pm
Just a side note I forgot to add above, I've taken Animal Stak before with GREAT success, so if this product is anything like that, or an updated version of it, we're in for a treat...

naturalguy
03-14-13, 1:51 pm
In my brother

wedge
03-14-13, 3:40 pm
You know I'm in for this

J-Dawg
03-14-13, 3:44 pm
In for this Jay!

Jay
03-14-13, 5:57 pm
In my brother

You know I'm in for this

In for this Jay!

Thanks guys!

Jay
03-14-13, 6:16 pm
I had some boring training seminar today. The best thing I could do for a pre workout meal was taco bell. Even tried one of those dorito tacos, the ranch flavor, which I was not impressed with. I came home and found that awesome brown box sitting on the porch. After debating whether or not to start today, Friday, Monday, I decided to go with today.

I thought maybe we would be getting some samples, so I was happy to see we got a 21 serving can! Cool. After my stomach processed whatever the hell was in that taco bell meal, I decided to get to it.

I wasnt sure of the directions, ingredients, etc. J-Dawg got back to my post quickly regarding when I could take this. I took one pack, and was excited to see that the pills are fairly small. Took em with no problem. About 15 minutes later I had 1 scoop of rage. This was all roughly 45 minutes pre workout, just to give things time to settle and see the effects if any and watched the first episode of the Arnold Road Trip.

Legs.
7 sets, working up to 100pds on the leg extensions.
6 sets of squats. Did em on the smith machine while the guy hogging the only squat rack had a lengthy conversation with his friend. Worked up to 225pds for 8.
4 sets of machine leg press. Worked up to 310pds for 15reps.
4 sets of calve raises up to 220pds. The thing with my legs is that I can really get them fatigued with low volume.

Side effects. NONE. This was the best part. No stomach issues. No jitters. Nothin'. Even when stacked with Rage.
Pump. Had a GREAT pump which hit me right at about set 3.

Being the first pak today thats about all I can think of to comment on. Im sitting at a body weight of about 201. I've been stuck there for a while now, however, I had been in the 190's for a while and was able to get out of that with the help of a new diet plan a year or so ago thanks to C.Coronato. Anyways I was spent after this workout. No cardio done today otherwise I would have looked like a fish out of water trying to walk on the treadmill. No post workout supps either as I wanted to get some food in >
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6603/img2134in.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/img2134in.jpg/)

Brasil
03-14-13, 6:50 pm
Nice workout Jay. I'm starting mine tomorrow. I went to the gym early and when I got home the box was here.

Jay
03-15-13, 11:38 pm
Nice workout Jay. I'm starting mine tomorrow. I went to the gym early and when I got home the box was here.

Cool. Ill check out your log

Jay
03-15-13, 11:43 pm
My preworkout meal was much better today consisting of a shake with orange juice, egg whites (15gr pro) and a bananna. 1 cup oat meal.

1.5 hours later; ATP and 10 minutes after that 1 scoop of Shock Therapy, Peach Tea.

Intensity, motivation, focus, energy went though the roof within a half hour of taking this. Got to the gym for an arm workout;
Triceps.
french press. just up to 50pds to warm up for 3 sets
1 arm extensions getting up to 40pds for 8reps
long bar press down
1 arm press down (done on cables)
Bi's
curl bar. getting up to a preloaded 60pd bar. Really focusing on the squeeze.
Alternating DB curls.
Preacher curls
Cable one are curls.

Post; Torrent Zero.

My arms were on fire after this. Post workout, and during my workout I had a wicked pump- one of the best, and fullest pumps i;ve had in my arms in a long long time. Endurance was awesome too, felt like I could have gone on forever. All in all a great workout.

wedge
03-16-13, 8:12 am
Looking good brotha. I'm starting with Stak in about an hour when I head out to the gym.

Jay
03-16-13, 10:03 am
Looking good brotha. I'm starting with Stak in about an hour when I head out to the gym.

Cool!

Jay
03-17-13, 7:34 am
Had ATP +Rage 30 - 40 minutes preworkout.

Went for a max bench press today. Was feelin really good, 225,275,295 all went up really nice and felt light. Hit 315, which I maxed a year ago. Unracked it, touched chest, and got it back up. Then went for 320 and failed at the bottom. Felt more like my shoulders/tri's failed first. Was able to get it back to the first hooks on the bench (had a spotter too) and called it. I was pissed, determined, and happy all at the same time.lol.

Finished off with some front raises, side raises, rear delts. Delts were on fire after that workout. Atomic 7 + carb max intra.

Day 4 [today] is an off day and im going have a pak in an hour or so.

wedge
03-17-13, 4:55 pm
Had ATP +Rage 30 - 40 minutes preworkout.

Went for a max bench press today. Was feelin really good, 225,275,295 all went up really nice and felt light. Hit 315, which I maxed a year ago. Unracked it, touched chest, and got it back up. Then went for 320 and failed at the bottom. Felt more like my shoulders/tri's failed first. Was able to get it back to the first hooks on the bench (had a spotter too) and called it. I was pissed, determined, and happy all at the same time.lol.

Finished off with some front raises, side raises, rear delts. Delts were on fire after that workout. Atomic 7 + carb max intra.

Day 4 [today] is an off day and im going have a pak in an hour or so.

Start putting more work in on your shoulders and tris and you'll be repping 315 in no time.

Jay
03-18-13, 7:43 am
Start putting more work in on your shoulders and tris and you'll be repping 315 in no time.

Wondering if i should add a day and hit them twice a week to get them stronger

wedge
03-18-13, 11:06 am
Wondering if i should add a day and hit them twice a week to get them stronger

I'd look at when, where and what you're doing for them now before adding another day.

GUNS
03-18-13, 11:11 am
Subbed, looks like its doing you good already! Congrats on getting that 315 back up!

Jay
03-18-13, 11:21 pm
Subbed, looks like its doing you good already! Congrats on getting that 315 back up!

thanks! Felt good.

Jay
03-18-13, 11:24 pm
DAY 5. Off day, sunday, 1 pak in the morning.

Day 6
STAK + Rage pre. A7 intra.

Had a crazy strong and volumous chest workout today.

3 sets of front chest press for warm up.
4 sets of flat bench. 225x8
incline smith. 4sets. got up to 225, but didnt feel right, so went to 135 for 15.
incline chest press. 4 sets working up to 4plates each side.
3sets, flat press machine. 3plates+ a 10pd for 4 reps.

Pump lasted for about an hour after

Jay
03-20-13, 8:02 pm
day 7. Back. Weight checked- still at the same weight.

standing lat pull downs, 3 sets.
machine pull ups ss rear delts. warm ups.

deads. Did em on a standing dead/trap/lunge machine. 4 sets working up to 4 plates on each side.

1 arm machine pull downs. 4 sets

rows. 4 sets.

Shock/ ATP pre. A7 intra.

I must note that I get a better pump on this ATP then I do with animal pump!

Jay
03-20-13, 8:03 pm
1 pak with a meal. nothing to note.

Jay
03-21-13, 6:07 pm
Arms.

With the advice of Wedge I decided to keep it light today in liu of my bench contest on Saturday. Did arms. 3 exercises at 3-4 sets each. Nothing crazy on the weight but just enough to get a pump, and a pump a got.

atp + shock therapy pre.

torrent zero post.

wedge
03-22-13, 10:47 am
Arms.

With the advice of Wedge I decided to keep it light today in liu of my bench contest on Saturday. Did arms. 3 exercises at 3-4 sets each. Nothing crazy on the weight but just enough to get a pump, and a pump a got.

atp + shock therapy pre.

torrent zero post.

Wedge also told you not to train triceps, so I hope by arms you meant forearms and biceps. I want to see you crush 315 tomorrow and then set a new PR.

Jay
03-22-13, 3:56 pm
Wedge also told you not to train triceps, so I hope by arms you meant forearms and biceps. I want to see you crush 315 tomorrow and then set a new PR.

True you did. Bi's and 4arms it was, light work though.

Jay
03-22-13, 3:59 pm
Legs. Nothing crazy today.

Pre. ATP 30min . Rage 15min.

Post. Torrent Zero.

Squats. Worked my way up to a new PR on the box squats. 245pd for 6 reps. The lift felt good and the bar felt 'locked' in place. I bought some wrestling shoes to lift in and love em. Much better then a running sneaker.

4 sets of leg extentions.
2 sets ham curls. 2 sets calfs, reaching yet another PR of 240pds on the stack for 10reps.....

Rest Rest Rest and food for Saturdays bench competition. boom..........

http://s13.postimg.org/oys45efur/IMG_2218.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/oys45efur/)

BSand
03-22-13, 4:10 pm
Good luck in your comp.

wedge
03-23-13, 11:16 am
Legs. Nothing crazy today.

Pre. ATP 30min . Rage 15min.

Post. Torrent Zero.

Squats. Worked my way up to a new PR on the box squats. 245pd for 6 reps. The lift felt good and the bar felt 'locked' in place. I bought some wrestling shoes to lift in and love em. Much better then a running sneaker.

4 sets of leg extentions.
2 sets ham curls. 2 sets calfs, reaching yet another PR of 240pds on the stack for 10reps.....

Rest Rest Rest and food for Saturdays bench competition. boom..........

http://s13.postimg.org/oys45efur/IMG_2218.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/oys45efur/)

Nice box squats.

Jay
03-25-13, 10:37 am
day 11 / 12 rest. 1 pak during day

Jay
03-25-13, 10:42 am
On day 11 was the Bench Press Competition at a local YMCA I attended with Wedge. Overall did not hit the numbers I was hoping for.

#1 275.

#2 300.
#3 315, failed lift.

I was really disapointed with myself seeing as though A, 315 was my max lift last year at this event, B, I got 315 up last week, C, my ideas of attending a powerlifting meet have come to a halt. It was that bottom pause that really screwed me up, got it about half way up and that was it. So time to reevaluate and change my training up drastically to start making improvements....starting..today.

wedge
03-25-13, 11:56 am
On day 11 was the Bench Press Competition at a local YMCA I attended with Wedge. Overall did not hit the numbers I was hoping for.

#1 275.

#2 300.
#3 315, failed lift.

I was really disapointed with myself seeing as though A, 315 was my max lift last year at this event, B, I got 315 up last week, C, my ideas of attending a powerlifting meet have come to a halt. It was that bottom pause that really screwed me up, got it about half way up and that was it. So time to reevaluate and change my training up drastically to start making improvements....starting..today.

Your ideas of a powerlifting meet haven't halted. You just now know an area that you need to work on.

Jay
03-25-13, 12:16 pm
Your ideas of a powerlifting meet haven't halted. You just now know an area that you need to work on.

Training and Nutrition are going to be reevaluated.

Jay
03-25-13, 11:31 pm
Day 13. back.

ATP / RAGE pre workout.
a7 +gatorade + carbmax intra.

Machine pull downs with negatives.
deads working up to 305 for 6reps. pr.
cable pull downs
machine rows. all 4 sets of 8-12 reps

Jay
03-26-13, 10:31 pm
Where all my visiters at???????!?

day 14.

Chest. Wicked banged up from the contest still. Light chest work but got a KILLER pump after 2nd set.

bench press.
machine incline
butterflys.
machine press.

4 sets. 10 reps. few negatives thrown in there too.

atp + rage pre.

A7 +carbmax intra.

GUNS
03-27-13, 10:52 am
Where all my visiters at???????!?

day 14.

Chest. Wicked banged up from the contest still. Light chest work but got a KILLER pump after 2nd set.

bench press.
machine incline
butterflys.
machine press.

4 sets. 10 reps. few negatives thrown in there too.

atp + rage pre.

A7 +carbmax intra.

Haha, yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I have been away from the internet for a day or 2 and come back to not a whole lot of traffic. I guess without a event coming up like the Arnold, people are not staying involved!

I would say the same as wedge, just have to re-focus your efforts.

Jay
03-27-13, 3:36 pm
Haha, yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I have been away from the internet for a day or 2 and come back to not a whole lot of traffic. I guess without a event coming up like the Arnold, people are not staying involved!

I would say the same as wedge, just have to re-focus your efforts.

Thanks for checkin iin!
Any advice?

Jay
03-27-13, 3:37 pm
off day today and much needed. 1 pack coming up pre cardio (its about 50 out now so heading to the trail)

GUNS
03-27-13, 6:12 pm
Not really a good time for it since your running this, but keep doing what your doing, log your efforts, then take a deload week or off completely. That week will give you time to think about your goals, and by the end of the week, you'll be wanting to get back in the gym and kill it. Not that you dont now, but you will have let your body heal up. Repair itself, and comeback with renewed energy.

Once you figure out your goals, Which you might already know, you can set up a plan to wok towards.

Jay
03-28-13, 5:28 pm
Not really a good time for it since your running this, but keep doing what your doing, log your efforts, then take a deload week or off completely. That week will give you time to think about your goals, and by the end of the week, you'll be wanting to get back in the gym and kill it. Not that you dont now, but you will have let your body heal up. Repair itself, and comeback with renewed energy.

Once you figure out your goals, Which you might already know, you can set up a plan to wok towards.

Thanks
Sounds good to me. I was planning a week off soon- off supps and off training for a week. Then I can figure it out then.

Jay
03-28-13, 5:30 pm
LEGS.

atp + Rage pre

Carbmax+ a7 intra/post.

leg extentions- 4 sets going up to 135pds.

squats. 4 sets going up to 225 for 6- I had a problem. The fixed rack has the hooks either just a tad to high, or too low. So I picked the higher one which made me get on tippy toes to rack it. Last set was tough racking it, so I called it as i nearly dropped it/ hurt myself/ embarassed myself in front of the girls.

Leg press superset calfs going up to 3 plates each side.

Jay
03-29-13, 5:58 pm
[17]

Well.. had the intentions of doing arms.. came down with a nasty headache, which got worse when doing exercise. Hit a couple biceps exercises and had to leave...

noticing an unusual acne breakout too.

Jay
03-31-13, 9:42 pm
Shoulders Tri's

atp rage preworkout.

carbmax-a7 1l water.

had a really good workout here. full range of motion, squeeze at the stop, 10-15reps, various exercises, etc.

noticed some new vascularity which I never had before.

Jay
03-31-13, 9:42 pm

off day- 1 pak with lots of chocolate..

GUNS
04-01-13, 9:23 am

off day- 1 pak with lots of chocolate..

Thats anabolic chocolate!

Jay
04-01-13, 9:34 pm
haha. yes it was

Jay
04-01-13, 9:35 pm
1 more day left...

hit chest today.

4 ex 4 sets each. 10-15 reps. Greattttttt pump.

wedge
04-02-13, 10:15 am
I've been stacking with grapefruit juice prior. It's been working great.
I have only about three days left of ATP...

Christman
04-02-13, 11:31 am
I've got about a week left and I don't want it to end.

Jay
04-02-13, 11:36 pm
I've been stacking with grapefruit juice prior. It's been working great.
I have only about three days left of ATP...

Interesting better absorption?

Jay
04-02-13, 11:36 pm
I've got about a week left and I don't want it to end.

I know me neither..

Jay
04-02-13, 11:38 pm
Ive finished off my Project stak today with a back workout. What I've noticed the most with ATP was;

pumps. Great pumps when taking preworkout. Could really focus on the muscle connection.

strength was ok. I hit quite a few PR's while on atp.

recovery. that was good too. I mean- I had soreness, but not AS sore then next day as usual.