PDA

View Full Version : Shortstack ATP Log

shortstack
03-19-13, 9:53 am
I received the goods yesterday after work and took my first pack today, 45 min before getting to the gym.

I'm running the 5/3/1 program for a PL meet in Nov and have been super sore and beat up so I'm anxious to see how I recover the rest of this week. I'm on the 3rd week so it's 5-3-1 week and the most taxing.

Todays workout was not a great showing but I hit it hard so I'll be back tomorrow to update.

Jeremy

Christman
03-19-13, 10:02 am
Can't wait to see how this works for you.

J-Dawg
03-19-13, 10:06 am
Awesome Jeremy! Looking forward to your thoughts on Project Stak.

Mr. Dead
03-19-13, 11:14 am
Oh... Hai...

shortstack
03-19-13, 11:38 am
Can't wait to see how this works for you.

Awesome Jeremy! Looking forward to your thoughts on Project Stak.

Oh... Hai...

Thanks for dropping gentleman!!! I'm anxious to see how I feel tomorrow. I had a Deep Tissue massage on Saturday that I think really wiped me out. I feel like I was beat with a batt. hahaha I should be able to see if there is a boost in recovery.

J-Dawg
03-19-13, 11:54 am
Thanks for dropping gentleman!!! I'm anxious to see how I feel tomorrow. I had a Deep Tissue massage on Saturday that I think really wiped me out. I feel like I was beat with a batt. hahaha I should be able to see if there is a boost in recovery.

J--Do you feel the deep tissue massage helps you recover better? Never had one before!

Phil800101
03-19-13, 1:08 pm
Subbed.

shortstack
03-19-13, 2:51 pm
J--Do you feel the deep tissue massage helps you recover better? Never had one before!

This is pure speculation at this point but..... I feel like everything is more "in line" is the only way I can explain it. I had tons of knots and spots that were really sore. I never even knew they were there because she really gets deep into the muscle. Working out those knoted up areas really hurts and I did feel like crying. hahaha I wish I would have waited until my deload week because the act of getting massaged was very painful and takes a lot out of you.

I would suggest that you go and try it on a light or deload week and before a weekend to make sure that you get enough rest. I did it Saturday morning and am still sore in several spots. I find them very benificial to just keep everything loose and primed for growth.

Subbed.

BIG PHIL!!!!! Thanks brother.

Nix0r
03-19-13, 2:58 pm
Here. We. Go.

J-Dawg
03-19-13, 3:31 pm
This is pure speculation at this point but..... I feel like everything is more "in line" is the only way I can explain it. I had tons of knots and spots that were really sore. I never even knew they were there because she really gets deep into the muscle. Working out those knoted up areas really hurts and I did feel like crying. hahaha I wish I would have waited until my deload week because the act of getting massaged was very painful and takes a lot out of you.

I would suggest that you go and try it on a light or deload week and before a weekend to make sure that you get enough rest. I did it Saturday morning and am still sore in several spots. I find them very benificial to just keep everything loose and primed for growth.

Thanks Jeremy. That is good advice--wait until a lighter training week when you go for a deep tissue massage. But I can definitely imagine it helping you loosen up and get everything aligned better!

Phil800101
03-19-13, 4:02 pm
I like to hit up disreputable massage parlors every now and then. Definitely helps me relax.

shortstack
03-20-13, 8:47 am
Here. We. Go.
What's crackin Nix?? Thanks for coming by.

Thanks Jeremy. That is good advice--wait until a lighter training week when you go for a deep tissue massage. But I can definitely imagine it helping you loosen up and get everything aligned better!

I've noticed if you get a good one you're shot for a few days.

I like to hit up disreputable massage parlors every now and then. Definitely helps me relax.

I wouldn't expect anything less than the most disreputable from my Chi town brothers. Are those on the schedule for the next ABC?? hahaha

mritter3
03-20-13, 8:49 am
Im in for this J!!!!! Subbed

Phil800101
03-20-13, 12:25 pm
I wouldn't expect anything less than the most disreputable from my Chi town brothers. Are those on the schedule for the next ABC?? hahaha

Always are, right after we eat, ha ha ha.

shortstack
03-21-13, 8:56 am
I took the pack at the regular morning time on Wednesday althought I didn't work out and again this morning pre workout. I actually feel pretty good after the squats on Tuesday and am waiting to see how tomorrow is since the Kroc row days are always killers for me.

Overall I'm feeling good and that's tough to do on te schedule that I'm on. More updates to follow.

shortstack
03-22-13, 9:51 am
Im in for this J!!!!! Subbed

Hey Matt. I'm getting bigger by the minute. haha Not really

Always are, right after we eat, ha ha ha.

In that case Phil, I'm int. haha

shortstack
03-22-13, 9:55 am
Yesterday was a very rough day on the schedule. Kroc rows tear me up but today I actually felt pretty good. Plenty of energy in the morning and not too sore. I am only taking the ATP stack and Rage Pre workout and I kind of know how I respond to rage so the effects of the Stack are becoming more apparent after each day.

Today was the last heavy week of lifting on the 5/3/1 and it was deads today. 370 x 8 for deads plus UH rows and Close grip cable rows. My back should be toast tomorrow so I'll update and let you guys know how I feel.

Jeremy

shortstack
03-25-13, 9:51 am
Friday was my last week cycle of the 5/3/1 so it was a pretty heavy day. Nailed 370 for 8 solid reps before getting a little off and calling it. I think I had more in me but my form was just a little off and I pulled it in early.

Saturday and Sunday both felt great. Lower back was sore, as always, but I wasn't dying like I normally would be. I feel like I could have gone back in for some more. Nothing has changed besides adding in the ATP Stack so I'm definitly seeing some benefits from this product.

shortstack
03-26-13, 8:57 am
Just a quick note.

I'm on a light deload this week so I'm not under a ton of stress in training. I actually got 6 hrs of sleep last night and woke up feeling great today, which is unusual. I normally get closer to 4-5 and am dragging all day. Possibly the "recovery" properties of this stuff plus adequate sleep are going to be very helpful in fully recovering.

shortstack
03-27-13, 9:40 am
So I'll have 2 solid weeks of Stack ATP in me by the time Monday rolls around. I think it's in my system well enough to be functioning efficently and I'm going to add a little booster on top of it. Starting Monday I'll throw M-Stack on top of it since that's the first week of getting back to heavy lifting.

I usually run Stack/M-Stack together so I'll have 2 weeks of ATP Stack, 2 weeks of ATP Stack & M-Stack and then either un just the M-Stack or M-Stack/Stack and see how everything flows.

naturalguy
03-27-13, 9:47 am

This made me chuckle

Phil800101
03-27-13, 12:39 pm

This made me chuckle

Ha ha, thanks, I try.

shortstack
03-28-13, 10:27 am
I think the longer that I run this Stack, the more effective it is. I got 6hrs of sleep a couple days ago and woke up feeling great. Last night was back to around 5 or less and I still worke up feeling great. That's not the norm and I know my body and how it reacts to certian length of sleeping time. This product is making a difference IMHO.

shortstack
03-29-13, 8:54 am
Once again,very few hours of sleep but I woke up feeling great today. This next week will be the real test as I get back into Heavy lifting. Looking forward to serious results.

Kowboy
03-29-13, 10:56 am
I am doing the same thing man, this stack is really nice. I am certainly enjoying it, sadly I am almost complete :(

shortstack
04-01-13, 10:05 am
I am doing the same thing man, this stack is really nice. I am certainly enjoying it, sadly I am almost complete :(

No Doubt Brother. I feel really great upon waking on few hours.

shortstack
04-01-13, 10:11 am
Today is week 1 of the 5/3/1, so I'm getting back into heavy training again after a much needed deload week. I have added in M-Stack to the Pre workout to see what kind of response I get from 2 weeks of just ATP Stack and then 2 weeks of ATP Stack and M-Stack. Then I'll expand that and go back to M-Stack and Stack for 2 weeks.

2 weeks of any of this should be enough time for me to know how I'm responding and the numbers should tell the tale.

I really like this ATP Stack and maybe it's a plecebo effect that I know it's for recovery but I'm really feeling great on this product. I went to bed around 12am and woke up at 4:30 ready to kill it. I'm usually pretty groggy and drag ass for 20 minutes or so but lately I've been eyes wide open and getting ready the minute my feet hit the floor.

shortstack
04-05-13, 9:04 am
I still have a couple of packs left and am loving the product so far. I added in M-Stack this past week to see how it would compliment the Stack. It hasn't quite given me a noticable jump yet but the Stack product is really helping with my recovery.

I'll post up some of my final numbers in a couple of days in the other log once I'm out.

shortstack
04-09-13, 4:19 pm
I finished up my last ATP pack on Monday. I'll post up my final thoughts and all the info shortly.

J-Dawg
04-09-13, 4:22 pm
I finished up my last ATP pack on Monday. I'll post up my final thoughts and all the info shortly.

Nice! Looking forward to your final thoughts Jeremy!