PDA

View Full Version : Theonidus's ATP Log

Theonidus
03-19-13, 11:42 am
Received my can yesterday (Monday, 3/18) and got a pack in about 30 minutes before hitting the gym.

Since it was my first day with the new Stak, here are my initial thoughts:
-The new formula seems smoother without the caffeine pills. I usually threw them away anyway and just took a shot of Rage.
-Fatigue didn't set in where it normally does in my session. I hit all of my reps/sets, hit a new PR on Standing Overhead Press, and was still fired up even after 8 hours in a cube.
-Recovery this morning was better than usual. My muscles are sore; but nowhere near their normal level.

Bodyweight post workout: 260.4

J-Dawg
03-19-13, 11:55 am
In for this T. A good first day in the books!

Nix0r
03-19-13, 1:01 pm
-The new formula seems smoother without the caffeine pills. I usually threw them away anyway and just took a shot of Rage.

Bodyweight post workout: 260.4

Two things:

1. The "current" version of Stak never had caffeine.
2. Holy shit you're 260.

Theonidus
03-19-13, 1:03 pm
Two things:

1. The "current" version of Stak never had caffeine.
2. Holy shit you're 260.

1. Doesn't it have the red stim pills?
2. Yes. I'm fat. Well. Not so much fat as much as dense.

Phil800101
03-19-13, 1:07 pm
In

Nix0r
03-19-13, 1:51 pm
1. Doesn't it have the red stim pills?
2. Yes. I'm fat. Well. Not so much fat as much as dense.

1. It has red pills; they aren't stims though.
2. It's called GIRTH

shortstack
03-19-13, 2:36 pm
Nice first day. In for the ride.

Phil800101
03-19-13, 3:57 pm
It's called GIRTH

Phrasing...

Theonidus
03-20-13, 9:41 am
In for this T. A good first day in the books!

Thanks, J. Even after just two days I'm already loving the new formula.

1. It has red pills; they aren't stims though.
2. It's called GIRTH

YOU CAN'T IGNORE MY GIRTH!

Phrasing...

BOOM! Nailed it.

I'm just going to copy and past my Journey entry into here and then add notes as appropriate.

Deads: 5/3/1 3's Sets/Reps, working sets: 315 x3, 365 x3, 410 x3, 435 x1, 455 x0, x1 PR, I believe.
Front Squats: 135 x5, 185 x5, 225 x3, x3
GHR: 2 sets of 10
Standing 1-Legged Curls: 3 sets of 12 each leg
Tire Flips: 3 rounds of 5 flips down, 5 flips back. So 30 flips total.

-I feel like I have a preposterous amount of testosterone: preposterone
-In all seriousness, the new Stak has given me a significant boost of energy in the gym.
-Soreness isn't nearly the level it should be after yesterday's workout; thanks, Obama
-I forgot to weigh myself after this session out of not having a habit of weighing myself.

Phil800101
03-20-13, 12:27 pm
Nice, congrats on the PR!

Theonidus
03-21-13, 8:49 am
Nice, congrats on the PR!

Thanks, Phil. We're still squatting on Saturday, right?

My update for Wednesday 3/20 is pretty boring. With the 5/3/1 it's an off day, so I just took the pack between meals 3 and 4 when I would normally train.

Phil800101
03-21-13, 12:33 pm
Thanks, Phil. We're still squatting on Saturday, right?

Does Pinocchio have wooden balls?

Theonidus
03-21-13, 12:42 pm
Does Pinocchio have wooden balls?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

Theonidus
03-22-13, 9:54 am
Benchin' Day:

Bench: 5/3/1 3's sets/reps: bar x20, 120 x5, 150 x5, 185 x3, 210 x3, 240 x3, 275 x3 (had a spot/lift-off for this one. And I it's a PR.)
-Each set supersetted w/ at least 5 reps of chins
Incline Bench: 135 x5, 185 x5, 225 x5 (225 for this many reps is a PR on Incline)
-each set supersetted w/ DB Rows: 3 sets of 10 each arm
Snatch-Grip Shrugs: 3 sets of 10, double drop set on the third
Face Pulls: 3 sets of 12
-supersetted w/ Bent-Over Rear Delt DB Raises: 3 sets of 15-12

-Stak has helped tremendously with the recovery process
-Energy level is still somehow way above normal
-The new Stak is clearly better than the current/old Stak

Traveling to Chicago later this afternoon so as to train with at least Phil and Nix tomorrow afternoon at Jakked.

Phil800101
03-22-13, 10:58 am
Congrats on the PRs!

J-Dawg
03-22-13, 5:50 pm
Big congrats on the PRs in here T!

Theonidus
03-26-13, 9:46 am
I was going to update my log with the lower body work I did on Saturday with Nix and Phil, but something else has come up.
In a lapse of judgement I drank too much on Saturday night and had another grand mal seizure on Sunday afternoon. Not only did I have the seizure, but the falling motion destroyed my shoulder and now I'm in a sling at least until I see an orthopedic doctor about it.
Needless to say I've sworn off drinking. Not as a "mightier than thou" statement, but because I simply can not keep living this way. When I have finally healed my shoulder I will have to find a group that trains on the weekends just so that I have a group of similar-minded people.

-I will try to continue to train legs as best as I can. But without my shoulder I won't be able to do squats or deads of any kind, just the hypertrophy machines.
-I will log my reactions to Stak even though I'm not training anywhere near as hard now.

Theonidus
03-27-13, 10:28 am
I have an appointment with the orthopedist tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Hopefully there I can find out what's wrong and better yet lay out a course of recovery.
Yesterday I just did some easy legs: seated ham curls, standing one-legged curls, hammerstrength leg extensions, hack squat machine, good girl/bad girl machines, and calves.
I felt like a little bitch not being able to do squats or deads. Not even leg presses.

Theonidus
03-31-13, 12:21 am
Brothers:
I did do a horrible number on my shoulder. The dislocation and subsequent relocation tore some cartilage and flecks of bone. As I sit right now my arm is in a sling and my shoulder is as immobilized as possible. I have a dye-test MRI on Friday, April 5th and a consultation appointment that following Monday. I'm going to have to have surgery done to repair the damage.
It figures. Just as soon as I was getting my training to go somewhere and breaking PR's this is what gets thrown at me.
All in all it's just another obstacle to overcome and something that will make me stronger in the end. It's just hard to see that right now.
#GoHard

I'm not sure what this means for the Alpha Testing. I'll probably just save what I have left of the packs and run it when I'm able to start training again.
Unless I should finish out the can regardless?

Phil800101
03-31-13, 1:21 am
Damn brother, really sorry to hear that.

Keep your head up though, like you said in the long run it will amount to nothing more than a speed bump.