PDA

View Full Version : The "void"

swoleberry
03-21-13, 12:22 pm
What do you reach for when you train? For the first time today it was really put into perspective for me. The "Void", what is the void? Today a fellow bodybuilder/my coach talked about the void. In the 1 - 1 1/2 hours that you train, there should be nothing else on your mind than the task at hand. It's your time to escape from those who chase you with negativity, be it a bill collector or a tough home life, ESCAPE. Reach that blacked out point of nothingness when you train. It's only you and the iron, no one or nothing fucking else. Just you and the task at hand, GROW. Don't go through the motions, but better yet escape emotion in your workout. We all have things we need to escape and we all have goals to achieve in the gym. Do both and reach "THE VOID". God Bless brothers, train on.

pushin weight
03-21-13, 3:26 pm
What do you reach for when you train? For the first time today it was really put into perspective for me. The "Void", what is the void? Today a fellow bodybuilder/my coach talked about the void. In the 1 - 1 1/2 hours that you train, there should be nothing else on your mind than the task at hand. It's your time to escape from those who chase you with negativity, be it a bill collector or a tough home life, ESCAPE. Reach that blacked out point of nothingness when you train. It's only you and the iron, no one or nothing fucking else. Just you and the task at hand, GROW. Don't go through the motions, but better yet escape emotion in your workout. We all have things we need to escape and we all have goals to achieve in the gym. Do both and reach "THE VOID". God Bless brothers, train on.

When you are able to achieve this zen like state it is therapy and it is why I am addicted to training and why I love the iron game.

Cellardweller
03-21-13, 3:28 pm
There are times when all the crap in your life can really fuel a good session though. Otherwise I have to agree with you. This is something I struggle with. Everything has to stay outside the gym door. It's your time.

Grayhulk
03-24-13, 2:48 pm

Well put.