PDA

View Full Version : Joe Weider passes!

GUNS
03-23-13, 12:58 pm
Sad day to know The Master Blaster has passed. I know for me, I would not be where Im at in my lifting, BB, eating, life, if it were not for his influences. R.I.P.

TheJuggernautBitch
03-23-13, 1:19 pm
RIP Joe Weider. can't thank him enough for his contributions to the sport and getting it to the level it is at today.

Liqid360
03-23-13, 1:21 pm
seems bodybuilding is taking a substantial hit along with nassers recent passing :(

R.I.P

Sprint
03-23-13, 1:24 pm
RIP, Joe.

And thank you.

Cellardweller
03-23-13, 2:04 pm
Leaving big shoes to fill. Arnold is always given credit for making this sport what it was, but he was the man behind the man.

QuikNutZ
03-23-13, 7:28 pm
Wow that sucks!!! LIFT IN PEACE BIG JOE!!!

JHOORNSTRA
03-23-13, 8:13 pm
Sucks, a legend but led a good life and made it to 92...I can say I'd be happy with that along with the legacy he left behind.

JHo

GUNS
03-23-13, 10:02 pm
Sucks, a legend but led a good life and made it to 92...I can say I'd be happy with that along with the legacy he left behind.

JHo

Agree, me and the wife were talking about this exactly!

JHOORNSTRA
03-24-13, 7:29 am
Agree, me and the wife were talking about this exactly!

Yeah, as awesome as it was just to make it to 92 and have accomplished everything he did, he lived through the depression, most of the major wars in America...crazy to think about. Just the evolution of the country, when he was born, cars were barely being produced, now you can start your car from your cell phone so you don't get cold...insane...

GUNS
03-24-13, 12:19 pm
Yeah, as awesome as it was just to make it to 92 and have accomplished everything he did, he lived through the depression, most of the major wars in America...crazy to think about. Just the evolution of the country, when he was born, cars were barely being produced, now you can start your car from your cell phone so you don't get cold...insane...

Definately a great life he "Made" for himself and his family, and then the world!

Blondie Weapon X
03-24-13, 2:14 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/sports/joe-weider-founder-of-a-bodybuilding-empire-dies-at-93.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

R.I.P. Mr Weider
Born: November 29, 1919
Died: March 23, 2013

Big Byrd
03-24-13, 4:30 pm
Will be interesting to see what direction the bodybuilding world takes with the new management. Who is the head honcho now?

GUNS
03-26-13, 10:42 am
Will be interesting to see what direction the bodybuilding world takes with the new management. Who is the head honcho now?

His son is CEO! And I think he has been running things for a bit!

G Diesel
03-26-13, 11:29 am
A giant of an entrepreneur... Our entire industry and lifestyle were almost entirely built through his vision.

He leaves behind an incredible legacy. In many ways we all owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude.

Peace, G

Wrath
04-03-13, 5:47 pm
I met Joe back when i was 23. was at this office. helped me with my psing amd said i had so may viens haha. We had diner amd jsut talked body building. Will remember it for the rest of my life. You will be missed joe, the ture MASTER BLASTER.