PDA

View Full Version : Whole Wheat Pasta

lfry84
03-25-13, 2:11 pm
I was just wondering what my fellow Animal lovers thought of Whole Wheat Pasta when trying to lean up? I am consuming carbs only from brown rice right now and was just looking to switch up a meal with pasta instead

RaisingTheBar
03-25-13, 3:27 pm
I love it. I use it to bulk and to cut, but you just gotta make sure you're not eating too much. It's hard to measure pasta, so a lot of times I end up going overboard, haha.

Brometheus
03-25-13, 10:35 pm
It's all I use now but I've been wary of using it while cutting except for the occasional "refeed" day.

Kingslayer
03-26-13, 12:03 am
Only been using brown rice. Zoned in on my routine though. Try it out.

Cascade
03-26-13, 12:29 am
You could also try noodles/pasta made from brown rice if you really wanted that pasta feel. Personally, not a huge fan of wheat/flour.

Big Wides
03-26-13, 8:27 am
I was just wondering what my fellow Animal lovers thought of Whole Wheat Pasta when trying to lean up? I am consuming carbs only from brown rice right now and was just looking to switch up a meal with pasta instead

yes eat it, as long as the carb count fits into your macros, you'll be fine. This goes for any carb source that is out there

Aggression
03-26-13, 12:18 pm
White rice for me. I'll never eat brown rice. As for pasta, I'm a 'regular' pasta guy. Like brown rice, I never eat whole wheat pasta.

E-dizzle
03-27-13, 12:45 pm
Honestly, all i eat is whole wheat pasta/brown rice now'a'days. Gotten so used to the firmer texture that the 'regular' enriched shit just tastes mushy and soggy now.

C.Coronato
03-27-13, 3:02 pm
Im a fan, I wont use it in contest prep dieting, but Ill certainly use it else where. However, if im going to a legit Italian place, or making my own Italian dinner, im going real pasta!

Cascade
03-27-13, 3:12 pm
You could also try Quinoa pasta (quinoa is one of my favorite grain choices).

skibasgym
03-30-13, 2:08 pm
I don't like whole wheat pasta at all. If I'm going in for pasta, it's regular all the way.