PDA

View Full Version : No Bake Cake Batter Protein Bars

Thunder Chicken
03-28-13, 10:15 am
now i havent made these just yet, but my wife found these bars and we are going to make them with in the next few days, thought i would go ahead and post this if anyone else wants to try them before i do

http://lizeats.com/no-bake-cake-batter-protein-bars/

Blondie Weapon X
03-28-13, 10:36 am
They look yummy and Easter Festive!! just in time :P

C.Coronato
03-28-13, 11:25 am
They look good! Let us know how they come out.

Thunder Chicken
03-28-13, 1:15 pm
They look good! Let us know how they come out.

I will, getting the stuff after i get off work tonight so i should be making them tomorrow!

Appollonian
03-28-13, 1:54 pm
I had protein bars I made for years, my wife called them space brownies because the first time I made them they tasted kind of bland like 'astronaut food' they sell as a novelty, but this looks way better. Thanks for sharing.

Madcat
03-28-13, 3:27 pm
Curious if Kroger will have Agave Nectar or Cashew Butter, but going tonight to get Easter stuff anyways, so figure I'll give them a try.

MAB
03-28-13, 6:10 pm
Ummm YUM! Definitely let us know how they taste.

Madcat, Kroger will have the Agave depending on your store, I've gotten it there before :)

Blondie Weapon X
03-29-13, 3:34 pm
Curious if Kroger will have Agave Nectar or Cashew Butter, but going tonight to get Easter stuff anyways, so figure I'll give them a try.

Ive saw these in the organic isle at our Krogers.

Blondie Weapon X
03-29-13, 3:36 pm
Btw...I made these yesterday for our softball girls (minus the sprinkles cuz I didnt have them) They loved them!

Cascade
03-29-13, 4:42 pm
Careful with the cashew butter, my Co-op sells it for $17 per 16oz. bottle! You would probably be better off just putting cashews in a food processor and adding a little peanut oil to it. Could probably do these with just peanut, tahini, or sunflower butters as well.

Honey could be used for the agave if you needed to.

Thunder Chicken
03-29-13, 11:21 pm
yep! good! chewy and you don't get that gross protein taste! the sprinkles are a plus :) lol

skibasgym
03-30-13, 1:20 pm
They look great. I'm definitely going to give them a try this week when I'm off from work.