PDA

View Full Version : new training program from bb.com

awayoflife
04-10-13, 7:06 pm
Yo guys, what’s up?

So I just saw this new “scientific” training program over at bb.com called “shortcut to shred” and after watching all the videos and looking over de training schedule and nutrition and so on I kind of had like mixed feelings about it… I mean in a way it makes sense but some things seem to contradict logic. For example the whole “cardio acceleration” concept described sounds plausible, doing short burst of cardio in between sets when you HR is elevated is something like HIIT, adding u the time you get a full cardio session in your workout so it could be effective for those who don’t have a lot of time for cardio, plus it’s not fasted (for the ones that dread fasted cardio), it’s not in the middle of the day so you can’t argue that you have to burn trough glycogen first to get to fat and it’s not post w/o so you are not prolonging a catabolic state, but isn’t doing cardio in between sets burning glycogen as well? I mean you’ll probably empty the glycogen stores in your body before the workout is over and the what? And besides… after doing heavy ass squats I can barely stand op let alone do some form of cardio.
I’m also liking the split, doing multijoint exercises on heavy days and then some form of isolation moves on high rep days, but still worried ‘bout overtraining…

Anyway I just wanted to share the article with you guys (not thinking of trying it out myself because my cut is going extremely well and I want to stick to my own program) and hope to see some opinions, maybe someone will want to try it out and we could get some real feedback.

Here is the link to the program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred.html

ajoaks
04-11-13, 9:41 pm
I do kind of like the idea of the way the split is set up with doing compounds heavy at the first half of the week and isolations for higher reps at the end of the week. I feel like it is what is says though, I would kind of think that type of program shouldn't be used for as long as you'd usually stay on a program. I might give the idea of doing the compounds one day and isos the next go around mixed into my training program. Thanks for the link man!

P-rick
04-14-13, 9:29 am
I saw this program over this last weekend and it looked like a good solid fat burning program. I started it on monday. So far ive been through all of week one. I thought maybe training twice a week for the same muscle group might be a bit much but it works out great together. So far its a very solid program. The cardio acceleration can be tough tho depending on your location in the gym, I dont always put the cardio in between for that reason.