PDA

View Full Version : heavy bench day (bicipital soreness limited work past week)

skibasgym
04-15-13, 12:21 pm
goal today stretches for bicipital tendon
goal work up to maximal sets 1-3 reps.numerous sets low intensity regular bench
try decline
tricep ext. 5/10
rainbow triceps
zlocked triceps

skibasgym
04-15-13, 12:39 pm
anyone have any ideas how to temporarily train around a bicipital strain.
Skibs

GUNZ
04-15-13, 3:57 pm
anyone have any ideas how to temporarily train around a bicipital strain.
Skibs

I get extream bicept pain right where my arm bends from time to time. I work around it, stay away from movement that hurt really bad. Iv found less stretching is better, and I use Sombrah and elbow sleeve.

BigChrisF
04-15-13, 4:39 pm
I've started using elbow sleeves more and when my biceps get sore, I've found icing helps.

JHOORNSTRA
04-16-13, 11:52 am
Rest is the most obvious and the best way for it to heal, that being said, hard to acually execute when you're motivated. Therefore, the best thing I use is absorbine that I got at a tractor supply and stretch it good with a good warmup. Whatever hurts it, like going wide, close, etc, do the opposite. If you need to take a few rep weeks also, use the opportunity.

JHo

brentwillisbgw
04-17-13, 1:31 am
I often bench with bicep pain because of squatting-induced tendinitis. At times it can really hurt my bench. I have to be pretty strict with shoulder, bicep, and forearm stretches and mobility work. Coating my arm in horse liniment and wrapping an ace bandage right below the elbow works pretty well at reducing the pain. Contrast showers also helped quite substantially with the pain.