PDA

View Full Version : LFG woes

E-dizzle
04-22-13, 2:30 pm
So been working out for the past while at my college gym but am about to be done in a week and been gym shopping. Problem is i have had a really great workout partner this whole time but he is deadset on a 24 fitness (with shitty octagon plates) because although ive pretty much been powerlifting, he doesnt mind dropping deads for the convenience. Long story short that is an absolute deal breaker as deads have practically become my reason for being haha. Only other gym with good hours for me and great workout environment is a powerhouse that is too far for my partner. Should i suck it up and go to 24 with him ( is it possible to actually do respectable dad work with those plates?) or should go off alone and lose a valued partner/spotter/liftoff guy? ...decisions decisions

JHOORNSTRA
04-22-13, 4:49 pm
So been working out for the past while at my college gym but am about to be done in a week and been gym shopping. Problem is i have had a really great workout partner this whole time but he is deadset on a 24 fitness (with shitty octagon plates) because although ive pretty much been powerlifting, he doesnt mind dropping deads for the convenience. Long story short that is an absolute deal breaker as deads have practically become my reason for being haha. Only other gym with good hours for me and great workout environment is a powerhouse that is too far for my partner. Should i suck it up and go to 24 with him ( is it possible to actually do respectable dad work with those plates?) or should go off alone and lose a valued partner/spotter/liftoff guy? ...decisions decisions

Are those the only options? Maybe get a bar and a few weights outside your house and start there? I've had to do stuff like that before...Hard to get a good partner that you trust and is reliable.

JHo

Firefist
04-22-13, 6:12 pm
You can definitely make 24 fitness work. I agree with the above.... good partners are hard to find and at the end of the day, 45 pounds is 45 pounds. If your doing em from a dead stop and not touch n go, it shouldnt matter anyways.

intoodeep25
04-23-13, 7:54 pm
Ive seen vids of pete rubish deadlifting over 700lbs with octogan plates. At the end of the day youve gotta stop making excuses and just get it done.

Maccabee
04-24-13, 8:18 pm
You have to do what ever will make you a better powerlifter.