PDA

View Full Version : Animal's Powerlifting Team in Australia

Big Byrd
04-30-13, 5:54 pm
Thats right. The NFL isnt the only draft you should be watching right now. Animal is drafting a Power Team to represent down under at the CAPO Raw Nationals in Hobart, Tasmania on August 10, 2013. Already on the list is Eric Lilliebridge, Brandon Lilly, Garret Griffin, Richard Hawthorne, and myself. Word on the street is that they are trying to enlist Dan Green and Jeremy Hoornstra, both of whom have previous commitments they are trying to work around.

In addition to the Animal crew, also on the list of competitors so far is Chad Wesley Smith of Juggernaut Training Systems (who squatted 700x10 in the 2013 Cage), Andrey Malanichev of Russia (if you dont know, you better visit google), Wayne Howlett (Australia Raw champion)

There will also be a seminar by by Boris Sheiko himself! Hopefully he will bring some of his Russian superstars with him to compete.

Check out the Meet info. Will be big expo event as well as MMA and bodybuilding, with special guest Australian IFBB Pro Lee Priest ( a personal favorite of mine for years)
http://www.derwent.com.au/shows/capo-powerlifting-nationals-2013

There is currently a thread discussing the meet here, but follow along in our training logs to watch our progress over the next 15 weeks.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40819-CAPO-Nationals

Universal Rep
04-30-13, 6:01 pm
This event is gonna be huge. I hear Corporate is brewing up sumthin big for all the Animal Athletes who are competin...

G Diesel
04-30-13, 6:07 pm
That is beyond huge. What a crazy meet.

Can't believe the Animal presence slated to be in the mix, especially in such an exotic locale. Epic.

Peace, G

Brandon Lilly
04-30-13, 6:15 pm
I am honored, and grateful to be a part of something so special. I feel like this will be one of those meets that years down the road people will still recall lifts performed there. Think "Record Beeakers in Hawaii". I think it says something about the men willing to travel Down Under and put it on the line. I think this is a huge step in bringing America back to prominence in powerlifting. You can talk multi ply numbers and what not, but on a global scale the masses look at raw, and single ply. This a chance to do something legendary, and I'm damn proud of my team from Animal, and Chad Smith for having the guts to take the bull by the horns! Team USA, and Team Animal all the way... This one is bigger than just the numbers.

Animal
04-30-13, 6:23 pm
This event is gonna be huge. I hear Corporate is brewing up sumthin big for all the Animal Athletes who are competin...

Yes, I'm working on a potentially big project as we speak, and one that will include all the sponsored Animal Athletes who will be competing in one way or another.

That is beyond huge. What a crazy meet.

Can't believe the Animal presence slated to be in the mix, especially in such an exotic locale. Epic.

Peace, G

It's like a perfect storm, all the Animals who are competing. How can we pass this opportunity up and do nothing?

I am honored, and grateful to be a part of something so special. I feel like this will be one of those meets that years down the road people will still recall lifts performed there. Think "Record Beeakers in Hawaii". I think it says something about the men willing to travel Down Under and put it on the line. I think this is a huge step in bringing America back to prominence in powerlifting. You can talk multi ply numbers and what not, but on a global scale the masses look at raw, and single ply. This a chance to do something legendary, and I'm damn proud of my team from Animal, and Chad Smith for having the guts to take the bull by the horns! Team USA, and Team Animal all the way... This one is bigger than just the numbers.

I hope so, I really hope so. Spread the word Brandon. Get people excited about Team Animal and CAPO.

GUNZ
04-30-13, 7:34 pm
I am also so excited to be part of team Animal and this meet will go down as one of the best ever! I know every one of us going to CAPO will be training our ass off to let it all hang out on the platform. I can't wait to be in Australia and hang with my Animal family and just be part of this awesome event.

Lady Ignite
05-01-13, 9:19 am
It is great to see Animal have a presence in this event! This certainly is something that looks like it will make Animal history. Good luck to all participating!!

Universal Rep
05-01-13, 10:47 am
I am also so excited to be part of team Animal and this meet will go down as one of the best ever! I know every one of us going to CAPO will be training our ass off to let it all hang out on the platform. I can't wait to be in Australia and hang with my Animal family and just be part of this awesome event.

Just how big will this event be? Is it a large PL meet in terms of whats out ther ein the world?

naturalguy
05-01-13, 11:02 am
Wow, this is huge, I hope there is video or a live feed of the event

smoothballer
05-01-13, 11:55 am
Another Continent, Another Road Trip?

Universal Rep
05-01-13, 12:17 pm
Another Continent, Another Road Trip?

The "road trip" is a Universal thing... But I hear there are some ideas in the works for this...

tomysaw
05-01-13, 1:34 pm
I can't wait for the day I get to compete in this..

smoothballer
05-01-13, 3:20 pm
The "road trip" is a Universal thing... But I hear there are some ideas in the works for this...

The original "road trip" was Animal back in '10 for the Olympia...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU_11jCmXCoJc9X_IuihaxGZvZZ1XrP YiSwBiRS6MCA9b56DTs

Big Byrd
05-01-13, 9:22 pm
Just how big will this event be? Is it a large PL meet in terms of whats out ther ein the world?

I don't know what the expected turnout is estimated at, but this meet has been steadily growing for a few years. Andrey Malanichev competed in 2011 without training for the meet and totaled 2359 at 308!! (948/ 530/ 881). He has the number 2 heaviest squat of all time with a 990 something, and buried it! He is very likely to go over 1,000 lbs to break the all time heaviest squat record.

Chad Smith is also chasing a 1,000 raw squat.

Eric Lilliebridge is chasing his own all time 275 squat record and I'm chasing the 220. We are both hoping to break into the elite 900 pound squat club.

Garret Griffin is pushing the envelop on mike McDonald's all time 220 bench record of 585.

Brandon Lilly already broke the 2200 pound barrier and is looking to push that up a notch closer to the exclusive 2300

Richard The Ant Hawthorne chasing Lamar Gants all time 132 deadlift record of 622 set in 1978!!

Sarchiv Kirril who has benched 690 or so will be looking to break the 700 raw bench barrier

There have been plenty of other invites sent out and we are hoping the level of competition continues to grow. It's nearly unheard of to have these kind of numbers on the same platform at the same time. Will rival mark bells super training meet of the century. This caliber of competition needs good video footage. I agree with Brandon, this meet may be to rise to the almost mythical notoriety of the Hawaii record breakers meet

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
05-02-13, 3:51 am

Maybe a "Universal Road Trip" to support our Animal brethren??

05-02-13, 3:51 am
I cant even take in how huge this is right now.

Universal Rep
05-02-13, 9:55 am
I don't know what the expected turnout is estimated at, but this meet has been steadily growing for a few years. Andrey Malanichev competed in 2011 without training for the meet and totaled 2359 at 308!! (948/ 530/ 881). He has the number 2 heaviest squat of all time with a 990 something, and buried it! He is very likely to go over 1,000 lbs to break the all time heaviest squat record.

Chad Smith is also chasing a 1,000 raw squat.

Eric Lilliebridge is chasing his own all time 275 squat record and I'm chasing the 220. We are both hoping to break into the elite 900 pound squat club.

Garret Griffin is pushing the envelop on mike McDonald's all time 220 bench record of 585.

Brandon Lilly already broke the 2200 pound barrier and is looking to push that up a notch closer to the exclusive 2300

Richard The Ant Hawthorne chasing Lamar Gants all time 132 deadlift record of 622 set in 1978!!

Sarchiv Kirril who has benched 690 or so will be looking to break the 700 raw bench barrier

There have been plenty of other invites sent out and we are hoping the level of competition continues to grow. It's nearly unheard of to have these kind of numbers on the same platform at the same time. Will rival mark bells super training meet of the century. This caliber of competition needs good video footage. I agree with Brandon, this meet may be to rise to the almost mythical notoriety of the Hawaii record breakers meet

Ok, wow.... That Hawaii record breakers meet, wuz that the '88 meet?

deanna7272
05-02-13, 9:56 am
Wow... What an opportunity and from the looks of it, ANIMAL will have a damn strong representation!!!

Universal Rep
05-02-13, 9:58 am
Wow... What an opportunity and from the looks of it, ANIMAL will have a damn strong representation!!!

I hear Corporate is gonna have custom Animal Gear made for the team headin over... And more.

Altered Beast
05-02-13, 10:02 am
This is INSANE! Could be the greatest meet of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animal will be everywhere, dominating!

Universal Rep
05-02-13, 10:04 am
This is INSANE! Could be the greatest meet of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animal will be everywhere, dominating!

I hope. But the competition sounds like its gonna be stiff. I wonder wut the realistic chances are for each competitor...

Altered Beast
05-02-13, 10:16 am
I hope. But the competition sounds like its gonna be stiff. I wonder wut the realistic chances are for each competitor...

It's all about who shows up on game day. Anyone has the chance to win. That is what's beautiful about Powerlifting!

Big Byrd
05-02-13, 5:23 pm
I cant even take in how huge this is right now.

Thats what SHE said!

Universal Rep
05-02-13, 5:25 pm
Thats what SHE said!

Meh that blue pill wears off eventually, haha...

deanna7272
05-02-13, 6:48 pm
I hear Corporate is gonna have custom Animal Gear made for the team headin over... And more.

This always brings a smile...

Big Byrd
05-02-13, 11:21 pm

But the stories she tells her girlfriends never do

Animal
05-03-13, 9:33 am

I think so.

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 10:40 am

The stuff of legends... Haha.

Big Byrd
05-04-13, 6:39 pm
Truth. Haha

Kyle Lombardo
05-04-13, 11:23 pm
Just wanted to wish Team Animal the best of luck at the CAPO!!! I know you guys will represent to the fullest!! Really looking forward to this meet and I can't wait to see the #s you guys put up!! Best of Luck!!

Brandon Lilly
05-04-13, 11:37 pm
Just wanted to wish Team Animal the best of luck at the CAPO!!! I know you guys will represent to the fullest!! Really looking forward to this meet and I can't wait to see the #s you guys put up!! Best of Luck!!

Thanks man, it means a lot to hear from you guys, pulling for us. It is a huge opportunity to go there to compete, and not just represent the Animal brand, but the family, and I don't just mean guys that are "sponsored", the messages I've gotten from so many of the forum members just goes to show how connected this place is...

Ox
05-08-13, 8:19 am
Sick.

05-08-13, 8:45 am
Thats what SHE said!

The stuff of legends... Haha.

lololololololololololololol

GUNZ
05-10-13, 2:53 pm
Get on the train corporate!! Lol. Animal Roadtrip time

Universal Rep
05-10-13, 3:13 pm
Get on the train corporate!! Lol. Animal Roadtrip time

Sum irons in the fire... In any event, appears a new member of Team Animal is competin at CAPO.

GUNZ
05-11-13, 11:01 pm
Sum irons in the fire... In any event, appears a new member of Team Animal is competin at CAPO.

I'm guessing Ernie or Ernie Jr, all the other members recently signed are going!

Universal Rep
05-13-13, 12:01 pm
I'm guessing Ernie or Ernie Jr, all the other members recently signed are going!

Richard Hawthorne has just been signed.... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40957-SIGNING-Richard-quot-The-Ant-quot-Hawthorne-Joins-Animal&p=1318447#post1318447

Also, saw this on Powerlifting Watch. Hard to see and blurry... http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/25197

05-13-13, 12:15 pm
This is gonna crazy. All of the best in the sport throwing down in one place... and what you have to realize is that a large chunk of them are our guys...

Altered Beast
05-13-13, 3:27 pm
Animal has officially taken over the PLANET!

Universal Rep
05-13-13, 3:32 pm
This is gonna crazy. All of the best in the sport throwing down in one place... and what you have to realize is that a large chunk of them are our guys...

Wonder how many total competitors there are and if one country has more competitors than another...

Altered Beast
05-13-13, 3:36 pm
Wonder how many total competitors there are and if one country has more competitors than another...

Europe can unite to keep us out of competitions all they want to, it's NEVER going to last.

Universal Rep
05-13-13, 3:52 pm
Europe can unite to keep us out of competitions all they want to, it's NEVER going to last.

Is Europe the juggernaut here when it comes to PLing like at this event?

Altered Beast
05-13-13, 3:55 pm
Is Europe the juggernaut here when it comes to PLing like at this event?

Not necessarily but through feds like the IPF and through the Russians they are trying very hard to be. They definitely are when it comes to Strongman because Americans have dominated both sports for so long and they seem to have a united front through the WSM. They are trying to make it more "fair", which we all know what that really means.....

Universal Rep
05-13-13, 3:59 pm
Not necessarily but through feds like the IPF and through the Russians they are trying very hard to be. They definitely are when it comes to Strongman because Americans have dominated both sports for so long and they seem to have a united front through the WSM. They are trying to make it more "fair", which we all know what that really means.....

As I understand it, its easy to be global when ur liftin raw. I heard that single ply can be global too but that multi ply is very American. That true? So in other words, if ur an American PLer and ya wanna compete internationally, going raw is the best bet?

Altered Beast
05-13-13, 4:45 pm
As I understand it, its easy to be global when ur liftin raw. I heard that single ply can be global too but that multi ply is very American. That true? So in other words, if ur an American PLer and ya wanna compete internationally, going raw is the best bet?

The Russians dominate RAW, simply because America has not truly represented our RAW talent on a global scale. This is DEFINITELY a true display and will gain some serious Global attention.

Geared lifting is definitely American.

Big Byrd
05-13-13, 7:23 pm
The Russians dominate RAW, simply because America has not truly represented our RAW talent on a global scale. This is DEFINITELY a true display and will gain some serious Global attention.

Geared lifting is definitely American.

I would argue America dominates the raw scene right now. Russian have some great raw lifters in the middle weight classes and then a couple heavier guys, but America has most of the All time raw records, and a lot of them from the last 5-10 years. Russia is pretty dominant in single ply. That and the elite lifters they do have are show stoppers.

The Ant
05-14-13, 12:59 am
Man its about to get nasty!!! I feel like im a part of the AVENGERS or some shit! This will be history and i am proud to say im gonna be apart of this Team and this event.

Altered Beast
05-14-13, 9:19 am
I would argue America dominates the raw scene right now. Russian have some great raw lifters in the middle weight classes and then a couple heavier guys, but America has most of the All time raw records, and a lot of them from the last 5-10 years. Russia is pretty dominant in single ply. That and the elite lifters they do have are show stoppers.

That is good to hear! They just really push their rep on the world as the dominant strength athletes.

Hard to argue with a lawyer =)

Eric Lilliebridge
05-25-13, 12:55 am
This is going to be one of the best competitions ever. The line up of lifters at this meet is sick! All top raw lifters in each of the weight classes. Definitely going to be a great experience.

Big Byrd
05-25-13, 4:56 am
Half way disappointed Dan green wont be there; half way relieved!

Eric Lilliebridge
06-05-13, 3:16 pm

LOL .. Are you planning on doing 220 or 242?

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
06-05-13, 6:36 pm
LOL i would love to compete with Big Sam at either 220 or 242 :-)

Universal Rep
06-12-13, 10:08 am
This is going to be one of the best competitions ever. The line up of lifters at this meet is sick! All top raw lifters in each of the weight classes. Definitely going to be a great experience.

It's really shapin up to be a tremendous meet for sure...

I understand Corporate talked to him about CAPO but that he had a prior commitment. Team Animal at CAPO wouldve rocked with him on it for sure...

G Diesel
06-12-13, 10:20 am
Man its about to get nasty!!! I feel like im a part of the AVENGERS or some shit! This will be history and i am proud to say im gonna be apart of this Team and this event.

Well said, Ant... CAPO does have a superhero crew feel.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
06-12-13, 10:25 am
Well said, Ant... CAPO does have a superhero crew feel.

Peace, G

Avengers or Justice League????

Altered Beast
06-12-13, 10:34 am
Avengers or Justice League????

Avengers. Marvel owns all!

Universal Rep
06-12-13, 1:08 pm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw-QvSLtzvs

Big Byrd
06-12-13, 9:50 pm
LOL .. Are you planning on doing 220 or 242?

Im going to go 220 for this one.

Big Byrd
06-12-13, 9:52 pm
LOL i would love to compete with Big Sam at either 220 or 242 :-)

Need a meet in Nov and/or March. What do u have planned?

J Wong
06-12-13, 9:58 pm

How about the XPC finals in March if possible?!

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
06-13-13, 2:17 am

November .. Mark Bells ST back yard meet

Altered Beast
06-13-13, 10:04 am
November .. Mark Bells ST back yard meet

Sam is going to be famous once again =)

Those ST videos are amazing.

freighttraindane
06-13-13, 10:06 am

Relentless in Detroit with Freakshow & B Lilly

Universal Rep
06-25-13, 4:00 pm
Looky, the official CAPO website... http://www.tasfitnessexpo.com.au/index.html

BVictor
08-12-13, 5:16 pm
Brandon Lilly posted a 2231 total (837/579/815) at CAPO, with Eric Lilliebridge not far behind (don't know exact total but I think over 2200).

Sam Byrd broke (another) squat record, Ant pulled 4.5x bodyweight. Garrett looked strong as hell but don't remember his total right offhand.

Fantastic work, and congrats to all the guys that went to Australia and represented well. You guys inspire me everyday to be better, and I'm sure a lot of others think the same!

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
08-12-13, 5:33 pm
Brandon Lilly posted a 2231 total (837/579/815) at CAPO, with Eric Lilliebridge not far behind (don't know exact total but I think over 2200).

Sam Byrd broke (another) squat record, Ant pulled 4.5x bodyweight. Garrett looked strong as hell but don't remember his total right offhand.

Fantastic work, and congrats to all the guys that went to Australia and represented well. You guys inspire me everyday to be better, and I'm sure a lot of others think the same!

Eric went 2210 for a pr total. 854 squat , 507 bench and 849 deadlift

Also very sorry to see Sam loose his world record squat that was an awesome attempt.

BVictor
08-12-13, 6:21 pm

Also very sorry to see Sam loose his world record squat that was an awesome attempt.

Obviously huge total for Eric, big congrats to him on the PR total!

It was a real bummer to see Sam miss his 3rd bench attempt...I know he'll get it soon enough though.

Animal
08-13-13, 9:21 am

Spoke to Sam and he said it will still count on the all-time list. That's good news.

Altered Beast
08-13-13, 10:04 am
Some serious feats of Strength! Glad to see that everyone succeeded!!!

G Diesel
08-13-13, 10:08 am
Staggering numbers from all the boys.

Beyond impressive. They went to Tasmania and conquered.

Byrd's squat and the totals from Brandon and Richard were insane. There's some new inspiration to lift heavy weights this week.

Peace, G

GUNZ
08-19-13, 12:40 pm
I totaled 1709@197 this won my weight class but I didn't have the meet I planned for. I miss all 3rd attampts, so I hit this total off 2nd attempts. This trip and experience was amazing and I feel all the Animal guys really got to know each other and all supported each other. For me its back to training and keep getting better cause I feel I have a much bigger total in me at 198.

The Ant
08-20-13, 4:18 am
What an experience this was guys. im so proud to be apart of not only this team but of this brother hood! it was cool to get to know everyone on the "A" team better and to meet the other international lifters. That was insane, Beni, Andrey and Kirill were really cool people but unfortunatly i didnt get to feel out Boris the super coach. I had a great meet and very happy that i decide to this full meet. I am surprised that no one knew i was a full meet lifter tho but I guess i have to start getting my full meet game up again. yall please keep your eyes open for my full article of the trip from start to finish. Oh and Garrett whenever you really to train again hit me up Bro!

GUNZ
08-20-13, 2:47 pm
What an experience this was guys. im so proud to be apart of not only this team but of this brother hood! it was cool to get to know everyone on the "A" team better and to meet the other international lifters. That was insane, Beni, Andrey and Kirill were really cool people but unfortunatly i didnt get to feel out Boris the super coach. I had a great meet and very happy that i decide to this full meet. I am surprised that no one knew i was a full meet lifter tho but I guess i have to start getting my full meet game up again. yall please keep your eyes open for my full article of the trip from start to finish. Oh and Garrett whenever you really to train again hit me up Bro!

Richard next training cycle I'll def get with you, I'm gonna go back to better form on deads and see if I can get this down and get my pull even better!

The Ant
08-21-13, 2:15 am
Richard next training cycle I'll def get with you, I'm gonna go back to better form on deads and see if I can get this down and get my pull even better!

Sounds good to me Garrett, and i can always use help on my bench. Is RUM your next meet?

Brandon Lilly
08-21-13, 9:26 am
I can't put into words what this meet meant to me personally. I got to travel with, and represent with my Animal teammates. It was such an awesome experience. We each have goals of our own, and proceed through our prep but it was so awesome to sit with these guys day in, and day out to share stories, ideas, and experiences. We were a team. We all cheered for one another, helped one another, and succeeded as a unit. I've never felt something like that before. To go 843 in the squat, 579 in the bench, and 815 in the dead for a 2237 total and all PR's was incredible. To do it half way round the world on such a big stage was even more special. People don't realize how much I care about how the United States is viewed in the powerlifting world. For a long time we have been the brunt of many jokes but I feel like we have a tremendous line up of athletes that can hold our own against the best in the world. CAPO was a good step forward for us I believe. Every single Animal athlete put up big numbers to be proud of. How can you ask for more than that?!

The Ant
08-21-13, 9:48 am
I can't put into words what this meet meant to me personally. I got to travel with, and represent with my Animal teammates. It was such an awesome experience. We each have goals of our own, and proceed through our prep but it was so awesome to sit with these guys day in, and day out to share stories, ideas, and experiences. We were a team. We all cheered for one another, helped one another, and succeeded as a unit. I've never felt something like that before. To go 843 in the squat, 579 in the bench, and 815 in the dead for a 2237 total and all PR's was incredible. To do it half way round the world on such a big stage was even more special. People don't realize how much I care about how the United States is viewed in the powerlifting world. For a long time we have been the brunt of many jokes but I feel like we have a tremendous line up of athletes that can hold our own against the best in the world. CAPO was a good step forward for us I believe. Every single Animal athlete put up big numbers to be proud of. How can you ask for more than that?!

It was deff a good moment and memory for us as individuals, for Animal as Representitives and also for the US as a whole not just for Powerlifting but for more because it showed that we can support not only one another as a team but any and everybody that needs it and wants it. Im happy we had the chance to show how humble we really are and that we are not cocky as we are seen to be at times. Brandon damn good job as to the others as well, i would love to do this again, what a specail thing this turned out to be.

Animal
08-21-13, 12:18 pm
I totaled 1709@197 this won my weight class but I didn't have the meet I planned for. I miss all 3rd attampts, so I hit this total off 2nd attempts. This trip and experience was amazing and I feel all the Animal guys really got to know each other and all supported each other. For me its back to training and keep getting better cause I feel I have a much bigger total in me at 198.

The word I see in these comments is "team". How you guys came together and formed a team, a brotherhood is nothing short of amazing. You traveled together, ate together and supported one another. At the end of the day, this is what it's all about. This is what Animal is about. Brotherhood.

Big Byrd
08-21-13, 12:47 pm
I had a great time at the meet, even though i bombed. It was great watching the other guys fight on to some huge totals. Hell, i was still so amped i pulled a PR deadlift in the warmup room just for shits and giggles.
Since then however, i have been sick as a dog! 30 hours of recycled airplane air put me down for the count. Ive been out of commission for a week and still feel like death.

JUGGERNAUT
08-21-13, 12:50 pm
Damn Byrd, so sorry you have to go through all that. Feel better soon so you can crush some more records ;-)

Universal Rep
08-21-13, 1:00 pm
You fellas really came together from everythin I heard and saw... I think that says a ton about how each of ya are. Congrats and awesome job.

GUNZ
08-21-13, 2:13 pm
Sounds good to me Garrett, and i can always use help on my bench. Is RUM your next meet?

Yep Richard i think RUM is looking good, I think ill also do a bench only 220 at Seans Hardcore meet in November. I think us training together when we had the chance was awesome, can't stop now. lol

Reading everyone from the Teams comments is so true. We all had a experience we will all remember forever and hope we can all do it again next year! Day after the meet i was still a little upset in my performance but looked at it as fire and motiovation to get back home and start training again to reach new goals. I have already reached out to some of my Animal team for some training adivce and programs, iv learned no matter how good you are their is always something new you can try to get results.

JHOORNSTRA
08-21-13, 3:32 pm
Sounds like it was badass, wish I could've been there. Represented Animal and the US very well. Will be there next year for sure...

Big Byrd
08-21-13, 9:40 pm
Yep Richard i think RUM is looking good, I think ill also do a bench only 220 at Seans Hardcore meet in November. I think us training together when we had the chance was awesome, can't stop now. lol

Reading everyone from the Teams comments is so true. We all had a experience we will all remember forever and hope we can all do it again next year! Day after the meet i was still a little upset in my performance but looked at it as fire and motiovation to get back home and start training again to reach new goals. I have already reached out to some of my Animal team for some training adivce and programs, iv learned no matter how good you are their is always something new you can try to get results.

Yes, talkin shop and training with everyone and bouncing ideas was great.

Big Byrd
08-21-13, 9:41 pm
Sounds like it was badass, wish I could've been there. Represented Animal and the US very well. Will be there next year for sure...

We are all looking to to do RUM in Feb; thats your neck of the woods in Port St. Lucia, FL. Will you be there?

JHOORNSTRA
08-21-13, 11:24 pm
We are all looking to to do RUM in Feb; thats your neck of the woods in Port St. Lucia, FL. Will you be there?

Yeah man...

JHOORNSTRA
08-21-13, 11:25 pm
Yeah man...

Then a couple weeks after that is the Animalcage...

Big Byrd
08-22-13, 10:54 am
Then a couple weeks after that is the Animalcage...

Yep be primed and ready to rock

Animal
08-22-13, 2:29 pm
RUM. Sounds like this is going to rock. Who all is competing there?

The Ant
08-22-13, 4:25 pm
RUM. Sounds like this is going to rock. Who all is competing there?

Imma try to make it out there. as of now im sayin imma be there.

JHOORNSTRA
08-22-13, 5:23 pm
Yep be primed and ready to rock

You know it

JHOORNSTRA
08-22-13, 5:24 pm
Imma try to make it out there. as of now im sayin imma be there.

Right on man...you gonna be in Defuniak again in November?

The Ant
08-22-13, 5:50 pm
Right on man...you gonna be in Defuniak again in November?

Yeah Ill be there with my team J. you goin? i figured you wouldve had gone to worlds

JHOORNSTRA
08-22-13, 5:52 pm
Yeah Ill be there with my team J. you goin? i figured you wouldve had gone to worlds

Yeah I'll be there...wouldve been there but was recovering a bicep tendon

The Ant
08-22-13, 6:06 pm
Yeah I'll be there...wouldve been there but was recovering a bicep tendon

OH?! didnt know anything about that hope its doing better

GUNZ
08-23-13, 1:57 pm
I'm shooting for RUM also! I want to do another full power meet soon at 198. Buy RUM I was get back to 220 and get my bench up

JHOORNSTRA
08-23-13, 5:02 pm
OH?! didnt know anything about that hope its doing better

Yeah, it's all good, hit a solid couple sets of 4 with 585 yesterday so all good. I popped it doing strict overhead presses to the front, the delt twitched and on the negative I felt and heard the pop. Bruised down to about my elbow and was out for a couple months, just maintenance training, etc. Back now and stronger than I've been so can't complain.

JHOORNSTRA
08-23-13, 5:03 pm
I'm shooting for RUM also! I want to do another full power meet soon at 198. Buy RUM I was get back to 220 and get my bench up

Nice man, gonna bulk and diet or stay 220?

GUNZ
08-25-13, 7:41 pm
Nice man, gonna bulk and diet or stay 220?

For RUM I think ill go 220 bench only, my bench is so much better at 220. Right before Cage last year I got to 225 when I hit that 550 touch and go, so goning to try to get back to that for RUM see if I can hit a nice PR bench. Full power I stay 198

JHOORNSTRA
08-25-13, 10:48 pm
For RUM I think ill go 220 bench only, my bench is so much better at 220. Right before Cage last year I got to 225 when I hit that 550 touch and go, so goning to try to get back to that for RUM see if I can hit a nice PR bench. Full power I stay 198

Cool I'm gonna go 220 also...f that...haha

GUNZ
08-26-13, 10:12 am
Cool I'm gonna go 220 also...f that...haha

lol don't scare me like that!!

JHOORNSTRA
08-26-13, 1:14 pm
lol don't scare me like that!!

I'm trying to stay around 265 and that way I can actually eat a ton the day before instead of having to diet for a change...then make myself sick on Gatorade, pedialyte and whatever...