PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Powerlifting Section on the FORVM?

Animal
05-03-13, 9:24 am
Please vote. I'm looking for some suggestions and ideas. Should we have powerlifting be its own section for powerlifters (http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?172-Powerlifting)?

Or, should we put all the powerlifting specific threads in the main Training section?

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 10:40 am
Nice. Just voted...

JUGGERNAUT
05-03-13, 10:44 am
I think I just made it an even 75% in favor of it... DO IT

Goldstone
05-03-13, 10:44 am
Powerlifters are their own breed and need a forum as such. Just my .02 but I think it would be helpful for those searching for advice to have an exact place to look.

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 10:49 am
Powerlifters are their own breed and need a forum as such. Just my .02 but I think it would be helpful for those searching for advice to have an exact place to look.

I think ur right. But then again, if ya look at the official sponsored athletes, youll notice Animal has got more powerlifters than bodybuilders. So ya could argue the reverse, that the FORVM should have a separate bodybuilding section, haha. Seriously though, wut do the regular fans and members want? Thats the question. Are most of their questions about liftin in general, or liftin geared towards BB or PL?

tomysaw
05-03-13, 1:24 pm
As a powerlifter I like seeing a section designated for powerlifting. However, as the argument may stand, why don't we just have one for each then. Bring one up just for strictly bodybuilding as well.

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 1:25 pm
As a powerlifter I like seeing a section designated for powerlifting. However, as the argument may stand, why don't we just have one for each then. Bring one up just for strictly bodybuilding as well.

Animal has always brought together different folks from all walks of life... At every level... And across diff sports. Look at the CAGE and whos there, strongmen, powerlifters and bodybuilders. So ya could argue, no separate sections, no walls... But on the flip side, dedicated PLers can know where to go for answers from other PLers, etc.

Big Wides
05-03-13, 1:26 pm
Didn't the board used to have several sub-sections for PL, BB, MMA, Sports-Specific training? Couldn't something like that be brought back?

Maccabee
05-03-13, 1:27 pm
That is a great idea.

All powerlifting articles or any topic should be seperate.

It would be easier for everyone to learn and navigate.

If possible we should also have powerlifting journeys seperate from those who train like bodybuilders.

I am really intrested in following powerlifters training programs and it sucks having to filter thruogh all the bodybuilders...etc...

tomysaw
05-03-13, 1:40 pm
Animal has always brought together different folks from all walks of life... At every level... And across diff sports. Look at the CAGE and whos there, strongmen, powerlifters and bodybuilders. So ya could argue, no separate sections, no walls... But on the flip side, dedicated PLers can know where to go for answers from other PLers, etc.

I'm pretty sure today is the first day I've stepped off of the powerlifting section, I'm making great use of it, that's for sure. I hope others are as well.

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 1:42 pm
Didn't the board used to have several sub-sections for PL, BB, MMA, Sports-Specific training? Couldn't something like that be brought back?

Ive been here since day 1 and yup, at some early point, it had separate sections...

That is a great idea.

All powerlifting articles or any topic should be seperate.

It would be easier for everyone to learn and navigate.

If possible we should also have powerlifting journeys seperate from those who train like bodybuilders.

I am really intrested in following powerlifters training programs and it sucks having to filter thruogh all the bodybuilders...etc...

Rite now, this is the new, separate PL section and its got threads and vids... http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?172-Powerlifting

Separate PL Journey section? That is diff...

tomysaw
05-03-13, 1:59 pm
Ive been here since day 1 and yup, at some early point, it had separate sections...

Rite now, this is the new, separate PL section and its got threads and vids... http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?172-Powerlifting

Separate PL Journey section? That is diff...

I like the thought behind this. Or even all three types of journey. Powerlifting, bodybuilding, strongman... Put a contest journey for each of them. That would be pretty sick.

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 2:00 pm
I like the thought behind this. Or even all three types of journey. Powerlifting, bodybuilding, strongman... Put a contest journey for each of them. That would be pretty sick.

Rite now, anyone prepping for a show or meet can do a Journey log here...http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?88-Your-Contest-Journey

But it aint separated for sport.

tomysaw
05-03-13, 2:05 pm
Rite now, anyone prepping for a show or meet can do a Journey log here...http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?88-Your-Contest-Journey

But it aint separated for sport.

Starting mine today. I just thought it would be an idea. Or even to have three different sections for the different types of lifting, and still just one contest journey page.

Cellardweller
05-05-13, 8:42 pm
Going against the grain here. I voted no.

As it is there is not alot of traffic on the Training section. (how long does it take for a new thread to drop off the first page?) There are also alot of new lifters joining us that aren't even out of high school yet. I think it would be beneficial to the new lifters to be exposed to all the different diciplines when they come to the training section. If it's split up it may cause confusion as to where to ask a question and if they pick their pony they'll tend to stick to it for asking questions and may miss out on something cool. And like it was said, most of the sponsered Animals are powerlifters so there's already a pretty good chance a powerlifter is going to answer a powerlifting question in the Training section anyway. The sponsered guys can't just stick to the "Ask the Animals" section though.

I suggest tagging a thread "powerlifting", "bodybuilding" or "strongman" if the question is that specific rather than having different sections. Mods can handle that if the author doesn't do it him/herself. The top Training thread right now is about weak traps. Is that bodybuilding or powerlifting? Or does it matter?

Universal Rep
05-09-13, 11:54 am
Going against the grain here. I voted no.

As it is there is not alot of traffic on the Training section. (how long does it take for a new thread to drop off the first page?) There are also alot of new lifters joining us that aren't even out of high school yet. I think it would be beneficial to the new lifters to be exposed to all the different diciplines when they come to the training section. If it's split up it may cause confusion as to where to ask a question and if they pick their pony they'll tend to stick to it for asking questions and may miss out on something cool. And like it was said, most of the sponsered Animals are powerlifters so there's already a pretty good chance a powerlifter is going to answer a powerlifting question in the Training section anyway. The sponsered guys can't just stick to the "Ask the Animals" section though.

I suggest tagging a thread "powerlifting", "bodybuilding" or "strongman" if the question is that specific rather than having different sections. Mods can handle that if the author doesn't do it him/herself. The top Training thread right now is about weak traps. Is that bodybuilding or powerlifting? Or does it matter?

Rite, and that the flip side. Havin all the powerliftin threads in the main TRAINING section means more movement for sure. But taggin, I doubt that would work. Members would forget and also I dont think the Watchmen have time to mod all the thread titles...

Big Wides
05-10-13, 11:27 am
I voted no to this idea. There are too many similarities between BB training and PL training that the knowledge sharing can benefit both ways of training. Like in reading Marshall's recent deadlifting article, there are soild points made that can help a BBer build their physique and vise versa.

This is just my opinion but why is it that majority of the time there is a hard drawn line between the two? Each one can benefit from the other's training/dieting methods and mentalities.

JHOORNSTRA
06-10-13, 5:11 pm
I'm starting to go towards yoga and tai chi as I am wonderful at both...can we get one of those sections?

Universal Rep
06-12-13, 10:03 am
I'm starting to go towards yoga and tai chi as I am wonderful at both...can we get one of those sections?

Ima thinkin Zumba. Def need a Zumba sub-section here...

JHOORNSTRA
06-13-13, 10:35 am
As long as it's those bright ass colors, purple, yellow, orange...funny because there are all these zumba classes at my gym and they love it so much they bought a spot in the Christmas parade and walked down the road dancing to that crap...however, the ONLY person who even resembled having ever worked out in their life was the instructor.

Universal Rep
06-13-13, 11:50 am
As long as it's those bright ass colors, purple, yellow, orange...funny because there are all these zumba classes at my gym and they love it so much they bought a spot in the Christmas parade and walked down the road dancing to that crap...however, the ONLY person who even resembled having ever worked out in their life was the instructor.

Sounds like Zumba, hahahahaha.

skibasgym
06-16-13, 4:33 pm
really needs its own section
Especially when starting a new section making it as easy as you can assures success.
Skibs

skibasgym
06-16-13, 5:43 pm
on a dance page on another site.Can you Dance...That and Crossshit!!!
skibs