PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lilliebridge Training

Eric Lilliebridge
05-03-13, 1:27 pm
Bench Workout done on 5-1-13

Just started training again. Took off over a week from my previous meet and i'm now finally starting to get back into my regular routine. After the meet I decided that I was going to change my bench form and try maximizing my potential on the bench by bringing my legs out with a wider base and keeping my feet flat to get good leg drive. I've been benching for years with my legs tucked back which made me feel tight on the bench, but never felt like i was getting much leg drive from it. The new form felt really good and i'm going to continue to keep practicing it until I start my training for CAPO Nationals in early June. Here's what I did for the entire workout.

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3 - pause last rep
405 x 3 - pause last rep

315 x 13 - all paused reps, started sliding on the bench so I racked it. Easily had 15+

Floor presses (first time training these)
225 x 5 - pause last rep
275 x 5 - pause last rep
315 x 5 - pause last rep

Dumbell pec flys:
8 sets of 15 reps

Skull crushers:
4 sets of 15 reps

Tricep kick back:
4 sets of 15 reps

Upright rows w/ barbell:
8 sets of 15 reps

Seated strict dumbell curls:
4 sets of 15 reps

Standing strict hammer curls:
4 sets of 15 reps

Side Lateral raises:
5 sets of 15 reps and 3 sets of 20 reps (8 total)

My latest video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5hnpwQPO74

Link to my video/youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/EricLilliebridge?feature=watch

freighttraindane
05-03-13, 1:31 pm
definitely going to be following along in here

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 1:33 pm
definitely going to be following along in here

x2

Been waitin for this bad boy. Subbed.

Yo EL, will this log be for ur CAPO prep?

JUGGERNAUT
05-03-13, 2:00 pm
Yo Eric! I had a sure feeling after witnessing the crazieness your whole family put on in the cage this year; that you would all be part of this family here too! Bravo!

G Diesel
05-03-13, 2:11 pm
Gonna be some sick shit in this log, no doubt about it.

That most muscular in the mirror was ridiculous bro.

Peace, G

Animal
05-03-13, 2:13 pm
Looking forward to your Journey, Eric. Good luck.

Nix0r
05-03-13, 2:24 pm
It was awesome meeting you back on 4/14. Definitely subbed to see the madness that takes place.

Rage
05-03-13, 2:50 pm
This will be great Eric. Looking forward to what happens in here.

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-03-13, 3:39 pm
Awesome work out bro! Canít wait to try out the floor presses.

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 3:42 pm

That today?

J-Dawg
05-03-13, 3:54 pm
Subbed for this big E! Keep the great vids coming. Definitely curious to see what kind of effect the floor presses have on your bench.

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-03-13, 3:59 pm
That today?

Ill do them tomorrow since I had to skip my work out on wednesday night. Plan to squat and bench tomorrow.

Universal Rep
05-03-13, 4:11 pm
Ill do them tomorrow since I had to skip my work out on wednesday night. Plan to squat and bench tomorrow.

Nice. Lookin forward to the vids...

Lady Ignite
05-03-13, 5:02 pm
I'm looking forward to watching your journey and the vids!

Eric Lilliebridge
05-04-13, 8:59 pm
First deadlift workout back since the meet 2 weeks ago. Just easing back into things and getting myself set with planned workouts again. Only a few more squat/deadlift workouts left before I start my training for CAPO Nationals in early June. Decided that i'm going to stay away from pulling heavy singles all summer leading up to the meet. I'm going to be practicing triples and doubles from now on. I think this is going to help my deadlift out a lot considering all i've done for deadlifts over the past few years are pulling heavy singles which has got me this far so far, but I think pulling some reps is going to help me surpass where i'm at. Here's what I did for today's workout!

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 2
505 x 2
585 x 2
675 x 3 (first working set, felt fast and easy)
705 x 2 (2nd working set, felt the same, fast and easy)

Bent rows: (double over hand no straps)
225 x 20
315 x 15 x 2 sets

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
3 sets of 20 reps

Standing calv raises on machine:
4 sets of 20 reps

Upright rows on cable machine/shrugs on smith machine
5 sets of each, 15 reps back to back

Strict standing curls with cable machine:
3 sets of 15 reps

Strict standing hammer curls:
4 sets of 15 reps

Ab work: Leg raises lying on bench
3 sets of 25 reps

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3s9yAlBssGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eric Lilliebridge
05-04-13, 9:00 pm
First deadlift workout back since the meet 2 weeks ago. Just easing back into things and getting myself set with planned workouts again. Only a few more squat/deadlift workouts left before I start my training for CAPO Nationals in early June. Decided that i'm going to stay away from pulling heavy singles all summer leading up to the meet. I'm going to be practicing triples and doubles from now on. I think this is going to help my deadlift out a lot considering all i've done for deadlifts over the past few years are pulling heavy singles which has got me this far so far, but I think pulling some reps is going to help me surpass where i'm at. Here's what I did for today's workout!

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 2
505 x 2
585 x 2
675 x 3 (first working set, felt fast and easy)
705 x 2 (2nd working set, felt the same, fast and easy)

Bent rows: (double over hand no straps)
225 x 20
315 x 15 x 2 sets

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
3 sets of 20 reps

4 sets of 20 reps

Upright rows on cable machine/shrugs on smith machine
5 sets of each, 15 reps back to back

Strict standing curls with cable machine:
3 sets of 15 reps

Strict standing hammer curls:
4 sets of 15 reps

3 sets of 25 reps

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3s9yAlBssGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think i'm doing something wrong, how do I post the video in my log to where it shows the actual video and not the link???

Eric Lilliebridge
05-04-13, 9:01 pm

You're going to really like them, it really shows how strong your triceps are especially if you're using a grip like we do that's pinky's just inside the rings. Plus there's no leg drive and very little arch.

Eric Lilliebridge
05-04-13, 9:03 pm
x2

Been waitin for this bad boy. Subbed.

Yo EL, will this log be for ur CAPO prep?

Yes this is going to be my log for my training before my actual training cycle and for my training cycle leading up to CAPO Nationals. I start my actual meet training on June 5th and June 8th for bench and deadlift, the following week after will be bench and squat and just keep going from there.

Eric Lilliebridge
05-04-13, 9:05 pm
Subbed for this big E! Keep the great vids coming. Definitely curious to see what kind of effect the floor presses have on your bench.

I think they're going to help out my bench a lot. I also plan on doing floor presses with chains once I start my actual meet training cycle. I'm going to use them to over load on my bench rather than always using boards. For example i'll be doing bar weight between 3-4 plates on the bar with 150-250lbs in chains to overload the top portion a lot.

Kyle Lombardo
05-04-13, 11:44 pm
Really looking forward to this training log!! Enjoy all your videos... Best of luck to you at the CAPO!!

Universal Rep
05-06-13, 9:39 am
I think i'm doing something wrong, how do I post the video in my log to where it shows the actual video and not the link???

Yo EL, post up the youtube link. Ill post up the vid in the thread and then ya can reply to my post and see the "code" that I used...

Eric Lilliebridge
05-07-13, 10:57 am
Yesterdays workout was just a typical accessory work day that I usually do on Mondays. Usually consisting of working my traps, biceps, delts, forearms and abs. I usually do at least 3 different bicep exercises in this workout and every week I alway switch them around and do them in a different order so that it's never the same and so that my body doesn't get used to it. My biceps have always been the hardest muscle group out of them all to get growth and size on so I try to always work them 2-3 times per week with slow and controlled reps, squeezing each rep at the top and making each rep count. For my body weight of 275+lbs, my biceps are around 19 1/2 inches cold, which is not small by any means, but I do feel as though they could be bigger for my body weight. I never measure my arms with a pump because it's a false reading of size considering they're pumped full of blood. My goal is to get them to 20 inches cold this year. My traps and delts stand out more than my arms, so I'm just trying to even them out. Here's what I did for the workout!

Upright cable rows:
6 sets of 15 reps
4 drop sets of 20 reps (10 total)

Hammer curls (strict form):
3 sets of 20 reps

Preacher curls w/ curl bar (strict form):
3 sets of 15 reps

Seated Dumbell curls (strict form):
3 sets of 15 reps

Side Lateral raises w/ Dumbells: (I always go fairly light with these and do very high reps to pump my delts full of blood)
10's x 50 reps
15's x 40 reps
20's x 35 reps
25's x 30 reps
30's x 25 reps
35's x 20 reps
20's x 40 reps
10's x 50 reps

Standing wrist curls:
4 sets of 30 reps w/ a straight barbell

Ab work:
Leg raises 3 sets of 25 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
05-07-13, 10:59 am
Yo EL, post up the youtube link. Ill post up the vid in the thread and then ya can reply to my post and see the "code" that I used...

Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9yAlBssGc

Universal Rep
05-07-13, 11:23 am
Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9yAlBssGc

Here's how ya do it below. Just quote my post and youll see the code. Basically, you need everything after the "=" sign and stick that in the first parenthesis after "youtube;". Then the actual http... Hope this helps.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9yAlBssGc

Eric Lilliebridge
05-10-13, 4:28 pm
Last night was my 2nd week working on my new bench form with my feet flat on the ground and legs slightly tucked back. My form is feeling better each time I lay on the bench to lift. Just trying to get eveything down with my form before I start training for CAPO Nationals in a few weeks. Last night was also the first time I ever tried lifting with chains on the Floor press and is my 2nd week working on floor presses as well. Here's what I did for the entire workout!

*Supplements I took for this day*:
-Morning shake, Universal Pro & Oats 2 scoops with 1 school of Universal Whey Pro
-Afternoon shake, 2 scoops of Universal Gain Fast and 2 scoops of Universal Whey Pro

-Pre workout, 1 scoop of Animal rage with 1 pack of Animal pump
-Post workout, 2 scoops of Universal Gain Fast and 2 scoops of Universal Whey Pro

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 4
405 x 5 (last rep paused on each set)

Floor Presses:
195lbs + 100lbs in chains x 5 (295)
235lbs + 100lbs in chains x 5 (335)
235lbs + 150lbs in chains x 5 (385)
285lbs + 150lbs in chains x 5 (435)
325lbs + 150lbs in chains x 5 (475)

Dumbell pec flys:
3 sets 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
3 sets 15 reps

Tricep extensions w/ dumbells:
3 sets 15 reps

Reverse grip tricep cable push downs:
3 sets 15 reps

Side Lateral raises w/ dumbells:
10's x 50
15's x 40
20's x 30
30's x 25
35's x 20
20's x 30

Upright cable rows:
6 sets 15 reps

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYoiY1dPI3U

Universal Rep
05-10-13, 5:27 pm
Thats quite a weight gain "stack", EL... How are ya running those supps?

Eric Lilliebridge
05-10-13, 5:38 pm
Thats quite a weight gain "stack", EL... How are ya running those supps?

I figured they would work very well together! I just got them in the mail a few days ago. I've been taking the Pro & Oats as my breakfast shake for that and I'll take 2 scoops of the Pro & Oats with 1 scoop of the Whey. And then with my shake in the middle of the day i'll mix 2-3 scoops of the gain fast with 2 scoops of the Whey. And for my last shake before bed I'll mix the same about 2-3 scoops of the gain fast with 2 scoops of casein. I mix all my shakes with about 20 ounces of milk and I blend them up in a blender with a bunch of Ice. They taste great!

I've also been taking the Animal Pak twice a day, one in the morning and one at night. Animal Omega one pack in the morning and Animal PM at night. Yesterday was the first time trying Animal rage with Animal pump together... man I had so much energy last night and my pumps were insane. These products are awesome!

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-10-13, 7:06 pm
Nice work out bro, I had a very hard time with the new bench form this wednesday! I missed 405 twice at the top went back to my old from and smoked it easy and then went to 425 for an easy single. I need more work with this form. It seems to be working great for you. I must be missing something. Ill have to post up my video so you can see what im talking about, see you Saturday bro!

Eric Lilliebridge
05-11-13, 11:15 pm
Nice work out bro, I had a very hard time with the new bench form this wednesday! I missed 405 twice at the top went back to my old from and smoked it easy and then went to 425 for an easy single. I need more work with this form. It seems to be working great for you. I must be missing something. Ill have to post up my video so you can see what im talking about, see you Saturday bro!

Thanks bro! I think if you learn it your bench will definitely feel stronger and more stable. Just need to pratice it more. Hopefully we can bench together next week and I can watch it and adjust your form if I see something that doesn't look right. If you try and copy my leg/foot placement I think you will feel a lot better than tucking your legs back like we were used to doing. If you learn how to get the leg drive your bench is definitely going to increase no doubt in my mind. Also, the floor presses with chains feel like they're going to help out my bench a lot too, especially since I've never done them before until a couple days ago. I will have you try them out with me next week.

Eric Lilliebridge
05-11-13, 11:16 pm
Today was my first day back squatting since my last meet, UPA Nationals which was 3 weeks ago. I wanted to give myself a decent amount of time to rest and recover after the meet and from missing that 903lb squat attempt. Now that Iím back on track with my Squats and Deadlifts, Iíll be starting up my meet training for CAPO Nationals in about 4 weeks. This time around Iím confident with the training I have planned out that I will destroy that 903lb squat attempt in August at CAPO Nationals and be the first person ever in history in the 275lb weight class to Squat 900+ Raw w/ wraps and beat my current All-Time world record squat that I hold. I have not missed a Squat attempt in a very long time, and because of what happened at UPA Nationals with my miss on my last Squat, Iím fired up and ready to go again and wonít be satisfied until that number is officially mine and done in competition. Hereís what I did for my first squat workout back, things definitely seem to be going in the right direction now and I havenít even started my real competition training yet!

Squats: (55lb Squat bar)
Bar x 10
145 x 5
235 x 5
325 x 4
415 x 3
505 x 2
605 x 2
705 x 3 Ė first working set, felt very strong and easy
750 x 2- 2nd working set, again felt fast and easy, so I jumped up again
800 x 2 Ė Final working set, felt solid and definitely had a lot more in me, but great first day back.

Leg Extensions:
-3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring Leg Curls:
-3 sets of 20 reps

Standing Calv Raises on machine:
-4 sets of 20 reps

Upright Cable Rows:
-4 sets of 15 reps, 2 drop sets of 20 reps
Standing Dumbell curls (strict):
-3 sets of 15 reps
Standing Hammer curls (strict):
-3 sets of 15 reps
Leg raises:
2 sets of 25 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRSxs8EH7b8&feature=youtu.be

Bruiser
05-12-13, 7:20 am
Damn nice squatting E! How ya liking Jakked so far?! Love that place but I haven't been sown there sinc the Pull For Pups in January. I'll be down next month some time, I miss Byron, Bull, Tony and the crew! Btw, stay away from that gutbomb restaurant across the parking lot... Uggggh. Lol.

ACarter92
05-12-13, 6:26 pm
Squats looked great Eric!

Eric Lilliebridge
05-14-13, 10:54 am
Light Accessory work day:

Monday's are always my lighter accessory work days where I just do body building exercises with high sets and reps with low rest periods to get a good pump in certain muscle groups. I usually work my Back (traps and lats sometimes) Biceps, Delts, Forearms and Abs on these days. Here's what I did for the workout!

Lat pull downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright Cable Rows/Smith Machine Shrugs:
Alternating one set on each going back and forth
4 sets of 20 reps on upright rows, 4 sets of 15 reps on shrugs

Preacher curls w/ curl bar (strict):
3 sets of 15 reps

Seated dumbell curls (strict):
3 sets of 12 reps

Hammer curls (strict):
3 sets of 15 reps

Side Laterals w/ dumbells: (Crazy shoulder pump!)
10's x 50
15's x 35
20's x 25
25's x 20
15's x 40

Wrist curls w/ barbell:
3 sets of 20 reps

Leg raises:
2 sets of 30 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
05-14-13, 10:54 am
Squats looked great Eric!

Thanks! Felt good to finally be back in the gym squatting heavy again!

Eric Lilliebridge
05-14-13, 10:58 am
Damn nice squatting E! How ya liking Jakked so far?! Love that place but I haven't been sown there sinc the Pull For Pups in January. I'll be down next month some time, I miss Byron, Bull, Tony and the crew! Btw, stay away from that gutbomb restaurant across the parking lot... Uggggh. Lol.

Jakked is an awesome gym! I've done a few competitions there before. I was there for the very first UPA meet they held which was also the first UPA meet held in Illinois which was back in 2009 I believe. I've always really liked the gym and to be honest it's the best lifting atmosphere i've ever trained in. It's also very close to where we live, about 10 minutes door to door.

Bruiser
05-14-13, 11:17 am
Jakked is an awesome gym! I've done a few competitions there before. I was there for the very first UPA meet they held which was also the first UPA meet held in Illinois which was back in 2009 I believe. I've always really liked the gym and to be honest it's the best lifting atmosphere i've ever trained in. It's also very close to where we live, about 10 minutes door to door.

Lucky you! I've got a 4 hour round trip drive to train down there! Lol. I'll be coming down on a Saturday in June probably, then we'll have to go crush a Malnatti's deep dish in Naperville for our PWO!

thecookiemonster
05-16-13, 7:48 pm
Glad you have a log!! Subbed.

Eric Lilliebridge
05-18-13, 12:01 am
Glad you have a log!! Subbed.

Thanks! I tell people all the time that i'm keeping a log on here now, so I hope they come here to check it out. Makes it a lot easier for me because I get training questions all the time lol.

Eric Lilliebridge
05-18-13, 12:12 am
Bench Training, done on Thursday May 17th.

This was my 3rd week practicing and training with my new bench form and was also my 2nd week trying out the Floor presses with the chains. Each week i'm feeling more confident and tighter on the bench with my new form and the floor presses are really helping to build up my Tricep strength even more by over loading with the chains. I can tell these changes to my bench routine are definitely helping it out a lot and i'm feeling more explosive each week too. Only a few more weeks left before I start my meet training cycle for CAPO Nationals. Here's what I did for the workout!

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 3
Working sets:
325 x 3
375 x 4
425 x 5 - Last rep paused on each working set

Floor Presses:
235 + 50lbs of chains x 5 (285)
300 + 50lbs of chains x 5 (350)
300 + 100lbs of chains x 5 (400)
305 + 150lbs of chains x 5 (455)
305 + 200lbs of chains x 5 (505) - PR

Incline Dumbell pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep cable extensions lying on bench:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
8 sets of 15 reps

Face pulls w/ rope:
4 sets of 15 reps

Side Laterals w/ dumbells:
10's x 50
15's x 40
20's x 30
25's x 25
30's x 20
15's x 35
10's x 50

Standing Bicep cable curls (strict):
3 sets of 15 reps

Standing Hammer curls (strict):
3 sets of 15 reps

Leg raises lying on bench:
2 sets of 30 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMLQPqFFcJg

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-18-13, 12:58 am
Here you go bro. Kick ass bench work out! Man im really sore today!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMLQPqFFcJg[/QUOTE]

Eric Lilliebridge
05-18-13, 1:03 am
Here you go bro. Kick ass bench work out! Man im really sore today!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMLQPqFFcJg[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro glad you liked the Bench workout! How do you post the video link on here to have it show the actual video? I tried it a few different ways and it didn't work.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
05-18-13, 1:07 am
Hey Eric do you have any advice/tips for building bar speed and explosiveness on squat and deads?

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-18-13, 1:30 am
Yeah bro i loved it!

Here is the video code you need.

/watch?v=[/QUOTE]

Eric Lilliebridge
05-20-13, 1:46 am
Hey Eric do you have any advice/tips for building bar speed and explosiveness on squat and deads?

I wish I did, but I honestly don't. That's something that has just come naturally to me over the past couple years of training. My bar speed on both squat & deadlifts has increased a lot especially in this past year. Every workout I always pratice pulling and squatting my warm ups as fast as possible. So I guess you could say I work on speed every time I squat and deadlift now. Obviously everyone is different as far as height and leverages go, so it really all depends on you where you think your stance and everything needs to be in order to get the most out of your lifts. It's taken me a lot of practice, trial and error with all my lifts to get them to where they're at right now. Same goes with my form and bar speed. I'm constantly trying to improve on something. There's always room for improvement, even when you're one of the top lifters in your weight class like myself. I always stay open minded when it comes to training. The only advice I could give to you for bar speed would be pratice pulling and squatting your warm ups as fast as possible every time you train that lift. That's really all i've done and I also always watch my training videos over and over again to practice my form. It's one thing to do the lift, but to be able to watch yourself over and over again to pick a part what looks good and what needs to change is a big difference.

Eric Lilliebridge
05-20-13, 2:02 am
Deadlift Training, Sunday May 19th.

I usually lift on Saturdays but I had my daughter this past weekend and had a lot of stuff to do on that day so I wasn't able to train on my normal training day like usual. So I just decided to move it to the next day. It was hot and humid in the gym. Before we got there the doors were all open, so it would have taken a long time to cool the power room down with air conditioning. I wasn't making excuses, just not used to training in a hot/humid room like I did for this workout. The bar was also a little slippery and the humidity drained all of us who were training pretty fast. But we still made it through our workouts and I still hit the numbers/reps that I had planned for the workout. I'll be starting my meet training in a couple weeks for CAPO Nationals, so this is all pre meet training. Here's what I did for the deadlift workout!

Deadlifts: (All reps dead stopped)
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 2
505 x 2
605 x 2
705 x 3 - First working set, felt good and strong. Definitely had more in me.
740 x 1- 2nd working set, felt good but had a long wait between sets and wasn't satisfied with the speed, so I took it again
740 x 1- 3rd working set, felt a lot better.

Bent rows w/ barbell, double over hand no straps:
225 x 15
275 x 15
325 x 15

Lat pull downs:
4 sets of 15 reps

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

4 sets of 20 reps

Decline leg raises:
2 sets of 20 reps

/watch?v=FZExUxoPIYg[/QUOTE]

Eric Lilliebridge
05-20-13, 2:07 am
Yeah bro i loved it!

Here is the video code you need.

/watch?v=

Thanks bro, I used the link and got the video to work just fine

ACarter92
05-20-13, 3:40 pm
I hate when it's humid at the gym and your sitting in ball soup as peter griffin would say. Your groove was awesome on your pulls dude and I'm liking the new bench set up. Basically putting your feet in front of you a little more right? I used to try and tuck my feet back really far (metal militia style) but having them a little more forward lets me drive with my legs more.

Altered Beast
05-20-13, 3:52 pm
Very sweet Pulling Eric! Subbed.

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-20-13, 6:02 pm
No problem bro. Looking very explosive yesterday! Your 740 2nd set looked faster than the 1st. Sucks it was so hot in the gym and humid. Was sweating buckets!

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-20-13, 6:21 pm

For deadlifts, this is what I use to do to build explosiveness and bar speed, I learned this from Dick Zenzen. Do about 6 to 8 working sets with 30 seconds rest time and also stand on a 45lbs plate to make it a tad bit of a deficit. Each set you want to add 10 to 15lbs. Each time you go to pull that bar you want to pull with 100% everything you have, the weight should be moving fast and snappy, if itís slow and sluggish then your using too much weight. Remember every set FAST, speed pulls, walk up to the bar and image its 135lbs and grip and rip that bar! This really help me out a ton in my earlier years trying to develop explosiveness! You can even use this for squats too, just dont stand on the 45lbs plates.

Universal Rep
05-21-13, 11:05 am
I hate when it's humid at the gym and your sitting in ball soup as peter griffin would say. Y

Haha nice...

05-21-13, 11:47 pm
I wish I did, but I honestly don't. That's something that has just come naturally to me over the past couple years of training. My bar speed on both squat & deadlifts has increased a lot especially in this past year. Every workout I always pratice pulling and squatting my warm ups as fast as possible. So I guess you could say I work on speed every time I squat and deadlift now. Obviously everyone is different as far as height and leverages go, so it really all depends on you where you think your stance and everything needs to be in order to get the most out of your lifts. It's taken me a lot of practice, trial and error with all my lifts to get them to where they're at right now. Same goes with my form and bar speed. I'm constantly trying to improve on something. There's always room for improvement, even when you're one of the top lifters in your weight class like myself. I always stay open minded when it comes to training. The only advice I could give to you for bar speed would be pratice pulling and squatting your warm ups as fast as possible every time you train that lift. That's really all i've done and I also always watch my training videos over and over again to practice my form. It's one thing to do the lift, but to be able to watch yourself over and over again to pick a part what looks good and what needs to change is a big difference.

I see. Now that you say that, I realize thats exactly what you were doing as you were warming up in the Cage. You approached every weight with the same speed/intensity. As I've spent the last 3 years training for bodybuilding, I've always trained very slow and controlled. That probably explains why I'm so slow. Thank you.

For deadlifts, this is what I use to do to build explosiveness and bar speed, I learned this from Dick Zenzen. Do about 6 to 8 working sets with 30 seconds rest time and also stand on a 45lbs plate to make it a tad bit of a deficit. Each set you want to add 10 to 15lbs. Each time you go to pull that bar you want to pull with 100% everything you have, the weight should be moving fast and snappy, if itís slow and sluggish then your using too much weight. Remember every set FAST, speed pulls, walk up to the bar and image its 135lbs and grip and rip that bar! This really help me out a ton in my earlier years trying to develop explosiveness! You can even use this for squats too, just dont stand on the 45lbs plates.

Thank you. I will definitely implement this into my training. I am new to powerlifting(I'm a bodybuilder), so I guess some of this will come with time. Thanks for the knowledge!

Eric Lilliebridge
05-25-13, 12:59 am
I hate when it's humid at the gym and your sitting in ball soup as peter griffin would say. Your groove was awesome on your pulls dude and I'm liking the new bench set up. Basically putting your feet in front of you a little more right? I used to try and tuck my feet back really far (metal militia style) but having them a little more forward lets me drive with my legs more.

Thanks! I've been practicing not dropping my hips as low as I used to before I pull and my floor speed and form off the floor seems to work a lot better for me now trying to pull like that.

Eric Lilliebridge
05-25-13, 1:17 am
Bench Training 5-23-13

Each week my new bench set up and form is feeling better and more stable. I've been approaching the heavier weights slowly week after week with my new set up and there hasn't been a point yet where I felt like I was going backwards and not progressing and getting better with my new form. I'm really excited to start my meet training in a couple weeks and see where it takes me to for the meet. Here's what I did for the workout!

Bench:
Bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
365 x 2- 2nd rep paused
405 x 2 - First workout set, 2nd rep paused
435 x 2 - Second working set, 2nd rep paused
465 x 3 - Last rep paused, final working set. Felt really good and strong.

Floor Presses w/ chains:
235 + 100lbs in chains x 5 (335)
285 + 100lbs in chains x 5 (385)
275 + 150lbs in chains x 5 (425)
275 + 200lbs in chains x 3 (475)
275 + 250lbs in chains x 3 (525) - The most i've done so far on floor presses with chains.

Incline dumbell pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep cable extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
6 sets of 15 reps

Face pulls w/ rope accessory piece:
3 sets of 15 reps

Band pull a parts w/ mini band in front and above head (hitting rear delts):
Infront: 3 sets of 15 reps Above: 3 sets of 15 reps

Dumbell side lateral raises:
10's x 50, 15's x 35, 20's x 30, 25's x 20, 30's x 20, 15's x 40, 10's x 50

Standing double bicep curls on cable:
3 sets of 12 reps (strict)

Seated dumbell curls on incline bench:
3 sets of 15 reps (strict)

Leg raises on decline bench:
2 sets of 20 reps

/watch?v=GYD0aFjTLX0

Big Byrd
05-26-13, 7:44 pm
Man thats a lot of work. I used to be able to handle that when i was a young buck like you, but ive had to cut back volume the last 8 years or so. How long does it take u to get through a day like that?

Eric Lilliebridge
05-26-13, 8:36 pm
Man thats a lot of work. I used to be able to handle that when i was a young buck like you, but ive had to cut back volume the last 8 years or so. How long does it take u to get through a day like that?

Usually takes me a good 3 hours or so to finish the bench workout then floor presses after and all my accessory work. I always make sure I eat the most out of the week the day before my heavy days so that I have energy to get through my workouts.

Big Byrd
05-26-13, 10:56 pm
Marathon sessions... to be young again! Ur dad put in all that work too?

Eric Lilliebridge
06-01-13, 12:30 am
Bench Training with Pauses 5-30-13

This was my first time training heavy single pauses on bench with my new set up/form. Everything felt great and spot on with my form and technique. I did this workout just to practice and see how some heavy paused singles would feel with my new bench set up since I haven't done any so far since I started using my new form. So far it's feeling a lot better than my old set up and my speed feels a lot better too. I'll be de loading this weekend on squats/deadlifts and on bench next week before starting my meet training for CAPO Nationals. Here's what I did for the entire workout.

Bench:
Bar x 25
135 x 15
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1 - Paused
405 x 1 - Paused
445 x 1 - Paused
475 x 1 - Paused
500 x 1 - Paused

Floor presses:
235 + 100lbs in chains x 4 (Last rep paused) (335lbs)
325 + 100lbs in chains x 4 (Last rep paused) (425lbs)
325 + 150lbs in chains x 4 (Last rep paused) (475lbs)

Incline Dumbell pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep cable push downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Side Laterals raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Preacher Curls w/ curl bar (strict):
3 sets of 12 reps

Standing Dumbell curls (strict):
3 sets of 15 reps

Leg raises on incline bench:
2 sets of 25 reps

/watch?v= KgzokQ2whmg

Big Byrd
06-01-13, 4:50 pm
2200 on the way

Eric Lilliebridge
06-10-13, 3:47 am
Deadlift Training - First Deadlift training day towards CAPO Nationals. Doing an 8 week training cycle leading up to the meet. The last time I deadlifted before this session was 3 weeks ago. I wanted to give myself a little bit of down time and rest before I started pushing myself hard and training very heavy again week after week leading up to the meet. We also trained at Quads gym (The home gym of Ed Coan) after the JTS Seminar we helped out at. Here's what I did for my first Deadlift training day.

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 2
505 x 1
585 x 1
675 x 1
725 x 3 - My top set of the workout, felt good and strong. Pulled a heavier single afterwards just for fun.
755 x 1

Bent rows:
225 x 15
315 x 15 x 2

Lat Pulls Downs:
5 sets of 20 reps

Leg Extensions:
4 sets of 15 reps

Hamstring Leg Curls:
4 sets of 15 reps

Standing Calv raises:
4 sets of 20 reps

Didn't have much time to fit in all my accessory work I had planned but I made sure I got the most important stuff done for the workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gYmtdceZIg

/watch?v=8gYmtdceZIg

Bruiser
06-10-13, 8:35 am
Nice work Eric. Gotta love pulling after some time off.

It was great meeting you this weekend at the seminar. I think I'm more sore from trying get my bench set up tight while working with you and Paul than I am from DL or Squatting! Lol

Eric Lilliebridge
06-14-13, 4:12 pm
Nice work Eric. Gotta love pulling after some time off.

It was great meeting you this weekend at the seminar. I think I'm more sore from trying get my bench set up tight while working with you and Paul than I am from DL or Squatting! Lol

haha that's great to hear! Like we were saying, your set up shouldn't be comfortable. Getting as tight as possible on the bench is going to be a little painful in certain areas, but if you want to maximize your bench potential, you gotta get as tight as possible and incorporate more leg drive and your lats.

Eric Lilliebridge
06-14-13, 4:34 pm
Bench Training 6-13-13

This was my first training day of my meet prep cycle on Bench for CAPO Nationals. So far my training is off to a great start and I'm feeling stronger than ever before starting out my training cycle. I feel like I've finally got my form down really good after changing up my Bench set up almost 2 months ago. Here's what I did for the workout!

Bench:
Bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
325 x 3 - Last rep paused
375 x 2 - Last rep paused
420 x 2 - Last rep paused
445 x 3 - Last rep paused
470 x 4 - All touch n go, 10lbs away from my all time best ever peaked (And this is only the START of my training cycle!)

Floor Presses w/ chains:
145 + 50lbs of chains (195lbs) x 5
235 + 50lbs of chains (285lbs) x 3
235 + 100lbs of chains (335lbs) x 1
280 + 100lbs of chains (380lbs) x 1

Working sets-
280 + 150lbs of chains x 3 (430lbs)
280 + 200lbs of chains x 3 (480lbs)
280 + 250lbs of chains x 3 (530lbs)

Incline Dumbbell Pec Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep Cable Push Downs:
4 sets of 15 reps

Upright Cable Rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Face pulls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Band Pull Aparts:
3 sets of 15 reps in front, 3 sets of 15 reps above head

Side Lateral Raises w/ Dumbbells:
10's x 40
35's x 12
50's x 12
25's x 20
15's x 30

Standing strict curls w/ curl bar wide grip:
4 sets of 15 reps

Leg Raises on Bench:
3 sets of 15 reps

/watch?v=nD8zFx3ne

Eric Lilliebridge
06-14-13, 4:35 pm
[QUOTE=Eric Lilliebridge;1324387]Bench Training 6-13-13

This was my first training day of my meet prep cycle on Bench for CAPO Nationals. So far my training is off to a great start and I'm feeling stronger than ever before starting out my training cycle. I feel like I've finally got my form down really good after changing up my Bench set up almost 2 months ago. Here's what I did for the workout!

Bench:
Bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
470 x 4 - All touch n go, 10lbs away from my all time best ever peaked (And this is only the START of my training cycle!)

Floor Presses w/ chains:

Working sets-

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep Cable Push Downs:
4 sets of 15 reps

Upright Cable Rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Face pulls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Band Pull Aparts:

10's x 40
35's x 12
50's x 12
25's x 20
15's x 30

4 sets of 15 reps

Leg Raises on Bench:
3 sets of 15 reps

/watch?v=nD8zFx3ne

Anyone have any idea why my videos aren't working on here when i'm trying to upload them? It's the 2nd time it's happened already. I think i'm better off just posting a link instead.

Eric Lilliebridge
06-14-13, 4:36 pm
[QUOTE=Eric Lilliebridge;1324388][QUOTE=Eric Lilliebridge;1324387]Bench Training 6-13-13

Bench:
Bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5

Floor Presses w/ chains:

Working sets-

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep Cable Push Downs:
4 sets of 15 reps

Upright Cable Rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Face pulls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Band Pull Aparts:

10's x 40
35's x 12
50's x 12
25's x 20
15's x 30

4 sets of 15 reps

Leg Raises on Bench:
3 sets of 15 reps

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD8zFx3neQQ

Universal Rep
06-14-13, 4:44 pm
[QUOTE=Eric Lilliebridge;1324387]Bench Training 6-13-13

Bench:
Bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5

Floor Presses w/ chains:

Working sets-

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep Cable Push Downs:
4 sets of 15 reps

Upright Cable Rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Face pulls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Band Pull Aparts:

10's x 40
35's x 12
50's x 12
25's x 20
15's x 30

4 sets of 15 reps

Leg Raises on Bench:
3 sets of 15 reps

Anyone have any idea why my videos aren't working on here when i'm trying to upload them? It's the 2nd time it's happened already. I think i'm better off just posting a link instead.

Yup... I think ya need to wait. When ya upload, the early links dont allow ya to embed. Later, they will. Everythin that comes after the "=" sign should be short, not long.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gYmtdceZIg

Universal Rep
06-14-13, 4:49 pm
2302? That would be a solid total for sure brotha...

Eric Lilliebridge
06-16-13, 12:11 am
2302? That would be a solid total for sure brotha...

My goal is to beat Stan Efferdings 2,302! The numbers I need to hit at CAPO are 903 Squat, 551 bench, 854 deadlift to beat it. That would put me #1 in the world in the 275 weight class and #1 in the US over all. I'm going to train really hard to hit those goals!

Eric Lilliebridge
06-16-13, 12:20 am
Squat Training 6-15-13

This was my first Squat workout in 3 weeks. I took off an extra week of Squats to give myself enough resting time before starting this training cycle for CAPO Nationals. So far everything is off to a great start and is going according to plan. I wasn't really sure what to expect coming into the gym for this workout because I didn't know where my strength was at on Squats. So I just picked a number I thought I could do for 3+ reps and hit a big rep PR for 4 reps with 780lbs raw w/ wraps. Here's what I did for the entire Squat workout!

Squats: (55lb Squat bar)
bar x 15
145 x 5
235 x 4
325 x 3
415 x 2
505 x 1
605 x 1
685 x 1
780 x 4 PR - Felt great, definitely had another rep in me but saved some in the tank for next time!

Bent rows: (Double over hand, no straps)
135 x 15
225 x 15
315 x 12
350 x 10

Light Stiff Leg Deadlifts off 3 inch deficit: (Starting to do these to get in more work on my hamstrings, slow and controlled reps)
135 x 15
225 x 15 x 3

Leg Extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Hamstring Leg Curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Standing Calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Lat pull downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright rows w/ curl bar:
5 sets of 15 reps

Leg Raises on bench:
2 sets of 25 reps

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZNjlqhpluQ

Altered Beast
06-17-13, 11:01 am
You sir, are not human.

Eric Lilliebridge
06-21-13, 10:00 pm
Bench Training - Week 2 for CAPO Nationals

Bench felt great for this training session. By far the strongest I've ever felt doing heavier reps and by far the strongest I've been this early in a meet training cycle. So far all of my training has been spot on and my form and speed is feeling better every training session. Here's what I did for the entire workout!

Bench:
bar x 25 x 2
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 3
365 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
405 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
430 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
460 x 2 - Touch n go
490 x 3 - Touch n go, felt solid and strong on this set.

Floor Presses with chains:
145lbs + 100lbs in chains x 3 (245lbs)
235lbs + 100lbs in chains x 3 (335lbs)
300lbs + 100lbs in chains x 2 (400lbs)
300lbs + 150lbs in chains x 2 (450lbs)
300lbs + 200lbs in chains x 2 (500lbs)
300lbs + 250lbs in chains x 1 (550lbs)

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep Push downs regular/reverse grip:
6 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
6 sets of 15 reps

Side Lateral raises:
15's x 30
25's x 20
35's x 20
15's x 30
10's x 40

Band pull a parts in front and above head:
6 sets of 15 reps

Strict Dumbbell Hammer curls
4 sets of 15 reps

Leg raises on Bench:
2 sets of 25 reps

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKB-l-GfXmM

mcbeast
06-21-13, 10:01 pm
Ridiculously strong brother! I'm back & active on here and will be following for sure!

Eric Lilliebridge
06-22-13, 8:53 pm
Deadlift Training 6-22-13

Deadlifts felt really good today. Floor speed felt faster than ever before. Pulled a nice PR with 770lbs for 2 dead stopped reps. Switching up from pulling singles to triples/doubles these past few deadlift training sessions has really helped me a lot. It was also very hot and humid in the gym today and everything had moisture on it. My grip suffered a lot on my last set, I could feel the bar starting to slip a little on the 2nd rep at the top. Under the conditions, I was really happy with the way everything went for t his training session.

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 2
505 x 1
585 x 1
675 x 1
725 x 1
770 x 2 - PR, felt fast and strong

Bent rows double over hand:
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 10
365 x 12

Eric Lilliebridge
06-22-13, 8:57 pm
Deadlift Training 6-22-13

Deadlifts felt really good today. Floor speed felt faster than ever before. Pulled a nice PR with 770lbs for 2 dead stopped reps. Switching up from pulling singles to triples/doubles these past few deadlift training sessions has really helped me a lot. It was also very hot and humid in the gym today and everything had moisture on it. My grip suffered a lot on my last set, I could feel the bar starting to slip a little on the 2nd rep at the top. Under the conditions, I was really happy with the way everything went for t his training session.

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 2
505 x 1
585 x 1
675 x 1
725 x 1
770 x 2 - PR, felt fast and strong

Bent rows double over hand:
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 10
365 x 12

Light stiff leg deadlifts double over hand off 3 inch deficit:
135 x 15
225 x 15 x 3 sets

Lat pull downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Hamstring Leg curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Leg raises on bench:
1 set 40 reps

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrhKq-MHE5s

06-23-13, 9:01 am
My goal is to beat Stan Efferdings 2,302! The numbers I need to hit at CAPO are 903 Squat, 551 bench, 854 deadlift to beat it. That would put me #1 in the world in the 275 weight class and #1 in the US over all. I'm going to train really hard to hit those goals!

I have faith.

Eric Lilliebridge
06-28-13, 7:44 pm
Bench Training 6-27-13

After training heavy for a couple weeks with reps, it was time to test out my paused singles and see how they felt. Everything last night felt great, set up, form, speed, everything felt really good. Felt like I could have jumped up again after my top set. Body weight is back to 280lbs, going to try and hold it around there for the rest of the training cycle. Really happy with the way my Bench training has been going so far for this training cycle. By far the strongest I've ever felt on the bench so far.

Bench:
bar x 25 x 2
135 x 15
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1 -Paused
405 x 1 -Paused
440 x 1 -Paused
465 x 1 -Paused
490 x 1 -Paused
515 x 1 -Paused, felt strong and better than the set prior to it.

Floor Presses:
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 10

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep Push downs:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep Single arm push downs reverse grip:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Face pulls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Band pull a parts infront/above head:
6 sets of 15 reps

Side Lateral raises w/ Dumbbells:
15's x 30
25's x 25
35's x 20
20's x 30
15's x 35

Strict Hammer curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Strict Dumbbell curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

2 sets of 30 reps

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkdsU3H3vQ

Altered Beast
07-01-13, 10:11 am
Damn, about all one can say! LOL!

Was your Dad YAWNING while you were benching? =)

Eric Lilliebridge
07-06-13, 11:20 pm
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtvGQXxmps

Eric Lilliebridge
07-15-13, 3:12 pm
Squat Training 7-12-13

Flew out to New Jersey for the weekend to hang out with Sam Byrd and Brandon Lilly and to do some video interviews/photo shoots with Animal for the CAPO meet coming up next month. Had a decent Squat workout, was pretty tired while I was lifting. Only got a few hours of sleep, was up really early for an early flight out there Friday morning. Trained out of Skiba's Gym on Friday afternoon and used a 60lb Squat bar for this training session. Only one more heavy training session left on Squats before the meet. Big thank you to Animal for the awesome weekend and to Brandon Lilly for all the help. Can't wait for next month! My body weight was around 282lbs for this training session and Sam Byrd around 235lbs.

Squats:
bar x 5
150 x 4
240 x 3
330 x 3
420 x 2
510 x 2
600 x 2
700 x 1
800 x 1
850 x 1

*Didn't do any accessory work after this training session, only Squats*

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7wM37tdcE

Eric Lilliebridge
07-22-13, 11:47 pm
Did Deadlift only at the UPA Iron Battle on the Mississippi and used it at my final heavy Deadlift training session for my meet prep towards CAPO Nationals in 3 weeks. By far my best Deadlift training session throughout the entire cycle. Pulled a meet PR of 377.5 kgs - 832.2lbs on my last attempt with more left in the tank. My grip felt great too. I moved my hands out about an inch on each side and it felt a lot better than my closer grip. I had to cut weight for the meet. Was 282 at 5 a.m the day of weigh ins and dropped over 10lbs too fast before the meet. Weighed in at 271 about 6 hours later. I was back up to 282 the morning of meet day.

/watch?v=sOkzrgiCQAw

Eric Lilliebridge
07-26-13, 4:44 am
Bench Training 7-25-13

Did my last heavy Bench workout tonight before CAPO Nationals. Only a little more than 2 weeks out from the big meet. Did some heavy singles with pauses to get a good feel for some weight. I have a good idea on what I want to take for my attempts on meet day, but we'll just have to see how I feel on that day. I was pretty tired coming into this workout after working all day and lifting late at night. But I still hit the numbers I was planning on doing for my final heavy session. 530 paused is the most I've done so far with this new form I've been working with.

Bench:
bar x 25 x 2
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1 - Paused
405 x 1 - Paused
440 x 1 - Paused
470 x 1 - Paused
500 x 1 - Paused
530 x 1 - Paused (Felt solid and fast off my chest. Definitely good for a meet PR come meet day. My best in competition is 240kgs-529lbs)

Floor Presses:
225 x 5
325 x 5
375 x 5
415 x 9

Incline Dumbbell pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep push downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 20 reps

15's x 30
25's x 25
40's x 15
20's x 30
10's x 40

Standing strict dumbbell curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

/watch?v=5CJsNvp_v1s

Dan Pasholk
07-31-13, 6:14 pm
Looking strong as hell man! I can't wait to see what ridiculous total you put up at CAPO. You've obviously worked your ass off so a PR total is well deserved!

Eric Lilliebridge
08-01-13, 12:48 am
Did my last heavy squat before CAPO Nationals on Saturday. That was my last planned heavy day of training before the meet. This entire week I'm mainly resting and doing a light de load day for bench and for my squat/deadlift this weekend and then I'll take off a full week of no training at all before the meet. These past few weeks I've cut down on my accessory work and have mainly just been focusing on the 3 lifts for competition. I'm feeling very confident going to CAPO and I have no doubts that I will hit meet PR's on all of my lifts. This has been my best training cycle yet with training all 3 of my lifts heavy at once. A lot of training cycles I've done before, it was very hard for me to get all 3 of my lifts to make gains together training for a meet. This training cycle everything seemed to go according to plan and I hit all my numbers in training that I had planned leading towards this meet. Here's what I did for the entire squat workout!

Squats: 55lb squat bar
bar x 10
145 x 5
235 x 4
325 x 3
415 x 2
505 x 1
600 x 1
700 x 1
775 x 1
826 x 1
881 x 1

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
3 sets of 20 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Lat pull downs:
3 sets of 20 reps

Upright cable rows
4 sets of 20 reps

/watch?v=wl3nHSEiysA

Eric Lilliebridge
08-01-13, 12:49 am
Another view of 400kgs/881lbs in HD:

/watch?v=TjWOWrDeidU

Altered Beast
08-01-13, 9:49 am
Most impressive!

Universal Rep
08-07-13, 11:54 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7jbCo8vzM

Eric Lilliebridge
08-18-13, 10:55 pm
CAPO Nationals full meet video (30 mins)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbHZfsfx6yA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFoUtURNwXIjFjee8uyLCsQ

Altered Beast
08-19-13, 10:47 am
Salvaging a top level meet with a MASSIVE Deadlift PR and Total PR at the very end proves you're truly a professional. Most impressive!!!!

By the way, I may be one of the few, but I like the fact that your wife is filming and having fun with you preventing you from becoming overly anxious. Great lady!

mrdamo
08-19-13, 10:27 pm
Your behind the scenes CAPO behind was a good watch. Gives everyone another perspective on what is going through the lifters mind rather than just seeing photos and edited videos. But I have to say seeing it all in person is a whole other level of awesome.

Eric Lilliebridge
08-20-13, 12:48 am
Your behind the scenes CAPO behind was a good watch. Gives everyone another perspective on what is going through the lifters mind rather than just seeing photos and edited videos. But I have to say seeing it all in person is a whole other level of awesome.

Thank you! I had been thinking about filming the entire trip ever since I got invited to it earlier this year. I have a lot more video footage. I haven't counted the total time but I think I have probably around 2 1/2 - 3 hours of total footage from the moment we left to the air port until we got back from the trip over a 10 day period. I'm still planning on making it into a DVD, just going to take some time to get that all figured out.

Eric Lilliebridge
08-20-13, 12:53 am
Salvaging a top level meet with a MASSIVE Deadlift PR and Total PR at the very end proves you're truly a professional. Most impressive!!!!

By the way, I may be one of the few, but I like the fact that your wife is filming and having fun with you preventing you from becoming overly anxious. Great lady!

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I just had an off day on my Squats and Bench. I was stronger in training on my Squat and Bench than I was on the meet day. I know that I left easily 60+lbs on the platform from missing my squat and bench. But it just makes me want to train that much harder and focus that much more on getting it at my next meet. I was still very happy with my PR Deadlift and my PR total. Even if I only beat my old total by 2.5kgs, it's still a PR and an improvement from before and that's all I was looking for, especially considering I've never been out of the country before and the furthest away I've ever competed was a 4 hour flight to California compared to a 20+ hour flight half way across the world. The whole experience was absolutely amazing, something that I will carry with me forever and never forget. I can't wait to go back and do another meet there again!

Eric Lilliebridge
08-20-13, 1:00 am
Light Squats and Deadlifts 8-17-13

This was my very first Squat/Deadlift workout back after CAPO Nationals. Just wanted to go through the movements and get some blood flow going. I decided that I want to give low bar squatting a shot. I was playing around and practicing with the bar placement on my back. It was very hard to find a good position on my back because I've built my traps so big from doing high bar squats for years and upright rows that it doesn't allow me to get the bar in the middle of a high bar and low bar position. It's literally as low as it can go on my back before it feels too uncomfortable. As I kept warming up I started to feel better with the low bar and I moved my hands in a little bit too. I think that was the biggest issue is I had my hands too far out to get really tight in my upper back. It seems to me with low bar squatters, most try to keep their hands as close as possible to keep tight in the upper back. I'm going to keep playing around and practicing with it. I feel as though I have the potential to squat more low bar once I get the form down. So we will see how it goes!

Squats: (first time trying low bar)
bar x 15 x 2 sets
145 x 10
235 x 5
325 x 3
415 x 3
505 x 3 x 2 sets
505 x 5

Eric Lilliebridge
08-20-13, 1:02 am
Light Squats and Deadlifts 8-17-13

This was my very first Squat/Deadlift workout back after CAPO Nationals. Just wanted to go through the movements and get some blood flow going. I decided that I want to give low bar squatting a shot. I was playing around and practicing with the bar placement on my back. It was very hard to find a good position on my back because I've built my traps so big from doing high bar squats for years and upright rows that it doesn't allow me to get the bar in the middle of a high bar and low bar position. It's literally as low as it can go on my back before it feels too uncomfortable. As I kept warming up I started to feel better with the low bar and I moved my hands in a little bit too. I think that was the biggest issue is I had my hands too far out to get really tight in my upper back. It seems to me with low bar squatters, most try to keep their hands as close as possible to keep tight in the upper back. I'm going to keep playing around and practicing with it. I feel as though I have the potential to squat more low bar once I get the form down. So we will see how it goes!

Squats: (first time trying low bar)
bar x 15 x 2 sets
145 x 10
235 x 5
325 x 3
415 x 3
505 x 3 x 2 sets
505 x 5

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 3
505 x 3

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
3 sets of 20 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 15 reps

Lat pull downs:
4 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
4 sets of 15 reps

Standing strict dumb bell curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

3 sets of 15 reps

Side lateral raises w/ dumb bells:
5 sets of 20 reps

2 sets of 25 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
08-20-13, 1:04 am
Accessory workout: 8-19-13

Lat pull downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 20 reps

Preacher curls w/ curl bar
5 sets of 15 reps

Side lateral raises w/ dumb bells:
5 sets of 20 reps

Standing wrist curls:
4 sets of 25 reps

3 sets of 20 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
08-23-13, 4:17 am
Bench Training 8-22-13 (First bench session since CAPO Nationals)

Tonight was my first Bench workout back since CAPO Nationals about a week 1/2 ago. I decided to widen up my grip back to ring fingers on the rings for this workout just to see how it felt. It ended up feeling really good, so I'm going to practice and train with it before I start training for my next meet. I also did a couple sets in a 2 XL normal sling shot just to feel some heavy weight. It was kind of loose on me but I'd rather have a loose one than a really tight one. I had no plan coming into this workout other than just practicing the wider grip, going by how I feel and to have some fun.

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3 - all paused
365 x 2 - both paused
405 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
440 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
475 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
515 x 1 - sling shot
550 x 1 - sling shot

405 x 10 - Backdown st

Incline Dumb bell pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Reverse grip/single arm Tricep extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Straight bar Tricep extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
3 sets of 25 reps

Side Lateral raises w/ Dumb bells:
3 sets of 15 reps

Standing strict Dumb bell curls
5 sets of 15 reps

2 sets of 30 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7mVXcoPow&feature=youtu.be

Eric Lilliebridge
08-25-13, 8:43 pm
Light Squats/Deadlifts 8-24-13

Started practicing some low bar squats last week for fun just to try it out. Decided to do it again yesterday and go a little heavier than last week. Still playing around with it and trying to find a good spot on my back and with my hand positioning. Because of the size of my traps, it's hard to find a good spot to go across my upper back/rear delts. But I'm going to keep practicing it and see how it goes. Definitely feels a lot easier to move the weight having it lower on my back. I also put on wrist wraps to let the bar sit in my hands better without it putting a lot of stress on my wrists from bending them back. I'll be starting my meet training cycle in about 3 weeks for the UPA meet in November.

Squats: 55lb squat bar (practicing low bar)
bar x 10
145 x 5
235 x 4
325 x 3
415 x 3
505 x 3
605 x 3 x 2: belt only
605 x 5: belt and wraps

Deadlifts: no belt
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
505 x 3
605 x 3

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
3 sets of 20 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 15 reps

Lat pull downs:
3 sets of 20 reps

Upright rows w/ curl bar:
3 sets of 20 reps

Seated strict Dumb bell curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

2 sets of 30 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7sf79FkbuI

Eric Lilliebridge
08-31-13, 9:49 pm
Bench workout 8-29-13

2nd week back practicing my old competition grip (ring fingers on the rings) for the bench. This workout went really good. For my bench days, I never really know how they're going to go because I bench late at night after working all day. And sometimes I get to eat more and sometimes I barely get to eat at all depending on how busy I am at work. But this workout felt great. I unfortunately didn't make a video for this workout because a couple of the videos on my camera got messed up. So I decided not to make a video of only my warm ups. I will definitely get one for next week though. This is what I did for this bench workout

bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
405 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
455 x 2 - 2nd rep paused
500 x 2 - Touch and go, felt strong and a lot easier than I expected. Had at least 1 more rep in me.
525 x 2 - 2 board press

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep push downs: 5 sets of 20 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 20 reps

4 sets of 20 reps

Rear delt raises w/ Dumb bells:
4 sets of 15 reps

Strict Dumb bell curl/Hammer curls:
3 sets of 15 reps/3 sets of 15 reps

3 sets of 25 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
08-31-13, 9:54 pm
Squats/Deadlifts 8-31-13 (3rd week practicing low bar)

Another fun day in the gym Squatting and Deadlifting. This is my last week doing them both in the same workout. Next week I'll be back to my normal routine of Squatting/Deadlifting every other weekend. I start my meet prep in 2 weeks for my next competition in November. My form and speed felt a lot better than last week with the low bar placement, so I know I'm improving fast with this new set up on my squat. Felt like I still had more in me on my top set.

The blue wraps I'm lifting in are the exact same material as the "Gansta wrist wraps" that are made by Mark Bell. As far as I know, they were just a prototype pair of wraps that he made for us to try out a while ago, but I never got the chance to try them out. So I decided to today. They felt awesome to squat in for doing some reps. I'll probably train in them for a few squat workouts and then go back to my other wraps that are thicker and more stiff when I get to my heavier workouts towards the meet. Here's what I did for the workout.

Squats: (55lb squat bar)
bar x 10
145 x 5
235 x 4
325 x 3
415 x 3
505 x 3 - Belt & Light wrap
605 x 3 - Belt & Light wrap
705 x 3 - Belt & Light wrap
765 x 3 - Belt & Tight wrap

Deadlifts: (All dead stop reps)
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
505 x 2
605 x 2
705 x 2

Leg Extensions:
3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring Leg curls:
3 sets of 20 reps

Standing Calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Lat pull downs:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
3 sets of 25 reps

3 sets of 15 reps

3 sets of 25 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLv-UpmY8j8&feature=youtu.be

Eric Lilliebridge
09-02-13, 10:17 pm
Accessory work 9-2-13

Lat Pull Downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 20 reps

4 sets of 15 reps

4 sets of 15 reps

5 sets of 20 reps

Front delt raises w/ cable:
5 sets of 15 reps

Wrist curls:
4 sets of 25 reps

Ab work - Leg raises lying on bench:
3 sets of 25 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
09-06-13, 3:40 am
Bench Training 9-5-13

3rd week back training with my old competition grip (ring fingers on rings). Just wanted to test it out with some heavy singles and see how it felt. Everything ended up feeling a lot better than I expected. Felt like I had another 20+lbs in me on my top single with 540lbs. I'll be training with this grip for my meet prep cycle coming up in 2 weeks. Weighed in at 285lbs this morning which is the heaviest I've ever been in the morning. Hoping to maintain around this body weight for as long as I can. My body weight fluctuates up and down a lot, but usually not more than 5lbs. I want to stay between 280-285lbs for my meet training and do an easy weight cut to 275lbs for my next meet. Here's what I did for the bench workout!

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 1
440 x 1
475 x 1
510 x 1
540 x 1

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Pec flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Reverse grip single arm Tricep push downs:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep push downs with straight bar piece:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

Standing strict Dumb bell curls:
6 sets of 15 reps

Front Delt raises w/ cable:
5 sets of 15 reps

5 sets of 15 reps

Rear Delt raises w/ Dumb bells:
5 sets of 15 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
09-06-13, 3:42 am
Video of my latest bench workout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvuiQYZLLlE&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
09-06-13, 10:08 am
Eric, what are your thoughts on benching with a belt? I've got mixed advice. If it truly helps, I will be sure to give it a go because the Bench is my weakest lift.

Should I use my Power Belt and set it up higher like I do when Pulling or purchase something smaller like the Spud Inc Bench Belt?

Eric Lilliebridge
09-07-13, 9:46 pm
Eric, what are your thoughts on benching with a belt? I've got mixed advice. If it truly helps, I will be sure to give it a go because the Bench is my weakest lift.

Should I use my Power Belt and set it up higher like I do when Pulling or purchase something smaller like the Spud Inc Bench Belt?

The only reason I wear a belt when I'm benching is because I try to get a big arch and the belt helps prevent my lower back from cramping. It also feels good to wear in a meet because it saves my lower back to deadlift after benching. I use the same belt that I deadlift in, which is a 7 year old 2 prong belt that I've had since I was 16 years old.

Eric Lilliebridge
09-07-13, 9:49 pm
Squat Training 9-7-13

This was my 4th week practicing low bar squats. Feeling better and stronger with the new set up every week. I'll be back to squatting every other weekend after today's workout. My meet prep training starts next weekend with Deadlifts following with Squats the week after alternating every other weekend up until my meet on November 17th (UPA Power Weekend) Body weight was 283lbs this morning.

Derek Kendall comes from a body building background with winning overall at the 2011 NPC Illinois State. We met Derek for the first time a few months ago back when we trained at Quads gym for the first time (Ed Coans home gym). He decided to come out and train with us for fun one time and we got him to join our team. He's been consistently training with us every Saturday for over a month now. This guy is massive! I feel tiny standing next to him. His body weight fluctuates between 325lbs-330lbs so he competes as a super heavy weight. For his first meet ever which was almost 2 months ago, he totaled 2,006lbs raw with no knee wraps, just a belt only. He squatted a huge 804lbs at that meet and benched 545lbs. With some work on his Deadlift, he's definitely going to break 2,100lbs at his next meet no problem. I decided that I had to start putting some video footage up of him because he doesn't have a YouTube account and doesn't upload any training. Hope you all enjoy the video and be on the look out for some more crazy training from Derek!

Squats: w/ 55lb squat bar
bar x 10
145 x 5
235 x 4
325 x 3
425 x 2
505 x 1
605 x 1
705 x 1
755 x 1
805 x 3

Leg extensions:
3 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
3 sets of 20 reps

Lat pull downs:
3 sets of 20 reps

Upright cable rows:
3 sets of 20 reps

5 sets of 20 reps

2 sets of 30 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
09-07-13, 9:49 pm
Video of my squat workout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caDyHty77NY&feature=youtu.be

ACarter92
09-08-13, 5:58 pm
Video of my squat workout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caDyHty77NY&feature=youtu.be

Great squatting dude! Low bar looks strong, I bet you'll be hitting some big PR's in the near future.

Eric Lilliebridge
09-10-13, 5:17 pm
Great squatting dude! Low bar looks strong, I bet you'll be hitting some big PR's in the near future.

Thanks! After only 4 weeks of practicing and training with it, I'm surprised at how good and comfortable it's feeling so fast. I feel like I'll be able to do more with this set up

Eric Lilliebridge
09-10-13, 5:20 pm
Accessory work 9-9-13

Lat pull downs:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright rows:
5 sets of 15 reps

4 sets of 15 reps

Standing strict Dumb bell curls:
4 sets of 15 reps

Side Lateral raises:
4 sets of 20 reps

Front delt raises w/ cable:
4 sets of 15 reps

Rear delt raises w/ Dumb bells:
4 sets of 15 reps

Wrist curls:
4 sets of 30 reps

3 sets of 25 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
09-13-13, 10:36 pm
Bench Training 9-12-13

I wasn't planning on going heavy for this bench workout but I ended up feeling good so I decided after my first few warm ups that I was going to go heavy. I singled up to 550lbs touch and go for my top set. I haven't done this much in almost a year. Last October I injured my pec 2 weeks before the Super Training backyard meet of the century. My bench hasn't been this strong since then. So I was happy to finally hit 550 in the gym again. I was having trouble with my right shoulder blade sliding on the bench on the way up with 550 which made the lock out un even. The rep wasn't as smooth and fast as my 540 was last week, but for a gym lift I'll take it.

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 2
365 x 1
405 x 1
440 x 1
480 x 1
515 x 1
550 x 1

3 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
3 sets of 20 reps

Reverse grip tricep push downs:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
4 sets of 20 reps

Strict standing Dumb bell curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Strict Hammer curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Front Delt cable raises:
5 sets of 15 reps

5 sets of 20 reps

Rear Delt raises w/ Dumb bells:
5 sets of 15 reps

Link to my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caIkbgmJoFc&feature=youtu.be

Eric Lilliebridge
09-17-13, 1:07 am
Deadlift Training Week 1, 9-15-13

This was my first training day of my training cycle for my next competition coming up in November. Found out earlier in the week that Vince Urbank was doing a Deadlift seminar about an hour away from where we lived, so we decided to drive out and train with him for the day. It was awesome getting to Deadlift with him again. I did doubles all the way up to my top set. On the 2nd rep with 765, I felt my callas rip on my over hand grip right when I pulled the weight off the floor and slowly starting moving down into my fingers, so I wasn't able to hang onto it at the top of the 2nd rep. But felt good for the start of my training cycle. Can't wait to see how the rest of it goes over the next 8 weeks!

Deadlifts: All reps dead stopped
135 x 5
245 x 3
335 x 2
425 x 2
515 x 2
605 x 2
675 x 2
725 x 2
765 x 2

Link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--BG0II8-7Q&feature=youtu.be

Eric Lilliebridge
09-17-13, 1:10 am
Accessory work 9-17-13

Calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Lat pull downs:
5 sets of 20 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 20 reps

4 sets of 15 reps

2 sets of 15 reps

Standing strict Hammer curls:
2 sets of 15 reps

Front Delt raises on cable machine:
4 sets of 20 reps

4 sets of 20 reps

Rear Delts:
4 sets of 20 reps

3 sets of 25 reps

Wrist curls:
4 sets of 30 reps

Maccabee
09-17-13, 4:25 pm
Do you follow a percentage system as you progress closer to your meet or do you go by feel?

Eric Lilliebridge
09-20-13, 5:52 am
Do you follow a percentage system as you progress closer to your meet or do you go by feel?

For each lift it's different, but no I don't follow a percentage system. I just pick certain numbers on each lift to start the training cycle with and then pyramid up from there.

Eric Lilliebridge
09-20-13, 5:58 am
Bench Training 9-19-13

Did my first Bench workout for the meet training cycle tonight. Hit a new rep PR for 5 reps with 475lbs on my top set. Didn't feel fully recovered from last weeks heavy singles but it still ended up going better than I expected. This is by far the strongest my Bench has ever been going into a meet training cycle. Can't wait to see how the next 8 weeks go!

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 2 - paused
365 x 1 - paused
405 x 1 - paused
445 x 1 - paused
475 x 5 - rep PR

3 sets of 20 reps

Cable Pec Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps

Reverse grip single arm Tricep push downs:
3 sets of 15 reps

Tricep extensions:
3 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
5 sets of 20 reps

3 sets of 15 reps

Standing strict Hammer curls:
3 sets of 15 reps

Front Delt raises w/ cable:
5 sets of 15 reps

5 sets of 20 reps

Rear Delts:
5 sets of 15 reps

Abs: Leg raises lying on bench
3 sets of 20 reps

Bench Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXXvxva-hVQ&feature=youtu.be

muscle_g
09-21-13, 1:23 pm
Awesome training!! Love seeing what all the big lifters do in their training!

Eric Lilliebridge
09-25-13, 11:56 pm
Squat Training 9-22-13

Did my first squat workout for the meet training cycle today. Everything went really well and I felt like I had another rep in me on both of my top sets but I didn't want to push it too hard too soon with this only being my 5th workout practicing the lower bar position on my back and it being the first squat workout of the cycle.

I also got another video of Derek Kendall's top set from today, he hit a huge PR for a triple. Awesome having him around to train with, he's been pushing me which I think is only going to help me out more with my training leading up to the meet.

Squats: w/ 55lb squat bar

bar x 10
145 x 5
235 x 4
325 x 3
415 x 2
505 x 2
605 x 2
685 x 1
735 x 1
775 x 1
825 x 2
825 x 2

Leg extensions:
5 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring Leg curls:
5 sets of 20 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YokZkrdwgVU

Altered Beast
09-26-13, 9:53 am
825 for a double. That is so impressive its hard to fathom!

Very nice Eric. Is the goal 900?

Eric Lilliebridge
10-06-13, 8:42 pm
825 for a double. That is so impressive its hard to fathom!

Very nice Eric. Is the goal 900?

Thanks! I'll be attempting to break my all time world record raw squat w/ wraps in my weight class by 10kgs with 410kgs (903lbs). That will be my 3rd attempt squat most likely.

Eric Lilliebridge
10-06-13, 8:52 pm
Deadlift Training 9-28-13

This was my 2nd heavy deadlift training session for my meet prep. Did doubles for reps (all dead stopped at the bottom) up to 675lbs. Was going to pull 735lbs for a double too, but my dad talked me into just pulling it for a single and saving my hands/grip for the very last one, so that's exactly what I did. The first rep with 785lbs felt great and my grip felt solid. On the 2nd rep same thing happened like it did 2 weeks ago. I ripped 2 callas's this time mid way through the lift. The bar was into my fingers at lock out which caused me to lock and un lock my knees at the top. I was trying to hold onto the bar the best that I could but my fingers were about to give out so I put it down quick before letting it slip right out. With that being said, I'll take it for a PR double. From here on out, all my heavy deadlift training will be singles leading up to the meet.

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 2
505 x 2
585 x 2
675 x 2
735 x 1
785 x 2 - PR

Leg extensions:
5 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring Leg curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

5 sets of 20 reps

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlsb6w0I8g

Eric Lilliebridge
10-06-13, 8:57 pm
Accessory work 9-30-13

Lat pull downs:
6 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
6 sets of 15 reps

Preacher curls wide grip:
5 sets of 15 reps

5 sets of 15 reps

Front delt raises: 5 sets of 15 reps

Side Lateral raises: 5 sets of 20 reps

Rear delts: 5 sets of 20 reps

Ab work: 3 sets of 20 leg raises lying on bench

Eric Lilliebridge
10-06-13, 9:01 pm
Bench training 10-3-13

This was a de load bench workout for me. I wasn't feeling too good on the bench last week so I decided that this week I would take a de load and just go light and do my normal accessory work.

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 5 - paused
365 x 5 - paused

Incline dumb bell pec flys:
5 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
5 sets of 15 reps

4 sets of 15 reps

Tricep extensions:
4 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
6 sets of 15 reps

Front delt raises:
6 sets of 15 reps

Side lateral raises:
6 sets of 20 reps

Rear delts:
6 sets of 15 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
10-06-13, 9:19 pm
Squat Training 10-5-13

Both of us hit a huge PR today for a triple! We ended up going heavier than we planned. Derek challenged to me to go head to head with him for a PR triple, so I went first and he went right after. We may end up going head to head again in 2 weeks for a PR double. Right now I'm about mid way through my meet training cycle and this is by far the strongest I've ever been on all my lifts in the beginning of a meet training cycle. It's bad ass having Derek to train with and to help push me to my limit!

Squats:(55lb squat bar)
bar x 10
145 x 5
235 x 4
325 x 3
415 x 2
505 x 1
605 x 1
685 x 1
775 x 1
850 x 3 - PR

Leg extensions:
5 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Eric Lilliebridge
10-06-13, 9:20 pm
Video of my squats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl5Ej9tC2g4

Altered Beast
10-07-13, 10:10 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! That is I N S A N E!

I'm curious to know what kind of bar y'all are using. I remember they kept saying at the Cage that the Original Texas Squat Bar is 55 pounds when it is actually 60. The Original Texas Deadlift Bar is 55 Pounds, I think that is where the confusion came from.

Eric Lilliebridge
10-23-13, 12:40 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! That is I N S A N E!

I'm curious to know what kind of bar y'all are using. I remember they kept saying at the Cage that the Original Texas Squat Bar is 55 pounds when it is actually 60. The Original Texas Deadlift Bar is 55 Pounds, I think that is where the confusion came from.

We usually squat with a 55lb texas squat bar. The only problem I've had with it sometimes is when I get up over 800lbs on my back, sometimes I have a hard time with balance because the bar is whippy and makes me shake up top. But I've gotten better with it just takes a lot of time and practice.

Eric Lilliebridge
10-23-13, 12:46 am
Heavy Deadlift Training 10-12-13

Today was my 3rd heavy Deadlift workout of my meet training cycle. I only have one more heavy Deadlift session left in 2 weeks, then I'll be going light and resting till the meet. Still have 2 heavy Squat sessions left though next week and then 2 weeks after. My pulls felt fast and easy today. Didn't even feel tired or fatigued after my top set. Training is right on track for the meet!

Deadlifts:

135x5
225x4
315x3
405x2
505x1
585x1
675x1
750x1
815x1

Light paused squats:
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Leg extensions:
5 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
5 sets of 20 reps

5 sets of 20 reps

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP_4qO02OCg

Eric Lilliebridge
10-23-13, 12:52 am
Bench Training 10-17-13

The past few weeks I've been feeling like shit on the Bench. Pecs were feeling tight and my speed felt a lot slower than normal. I de loaded for a week and started going heavy again last week. I worked up to 510lbs paused last bench workout and it felt hard and slow. So I made a small 10lb jump for this week on my top set and 520lbs felt a lot better and faster. I have one more heavy Bench workout next week and then I'll be de loading and going light until the meet. Shooting for 245kgs - 540lbs at my meet which will be a 5kg meet PR.

Bench:
barx25
135x10 paused
225x5 paused
315x3 paused
365x2 paused
405x2 paused
440x1 paused
480x1 paused
520x1 paused

545x2 - 3 boards
565x2 - 3 boards

385x8 drop set paused

5 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
5 sets of 15 reps

5 sets of 15 reps

Tricep extensions:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
8 sets of 20 reps

Strict dumb bell curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

Strict hammer curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

Front delt raises:
6 sets of 15 reps

Side lateral raises:
6 sets of 15 reps

Rear delts:
6 sets of 15 reps

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7QHGyesyo

Eric Lilliebridge
10-23-13, 12:59 am
Heavy squats 10-19-13

By far the best squat workout I've ever had. My form, strength and speed is improving each heavy squat workout with the low bar position. Only been practicing it for about 2 straight months now. We drove out to Dayton, Ohio about a 6 hour drive from us to lift at the Animal Barbell Club Event at Larry/Jimmie Pacifico's gym.

Derek and I did the exact same warm ups all the way up to our top set. I ended up going first and nailed my top set with 881lbs for an easy double. Definitely had another rep in me. Derek went after and got it for 3 reps! Absolutely insane the gains this guy has been making since he's been training with us. Only one more heavy squat workout left in 2 weeks. Just under a month out from the meet next month on November 16th.

Squats: w/ 60lb squat bar

bar x 10
150x5
240x4
330x3
420x2
530x1
640x1
731x1
806x1
881x2 - all time PR for me for a double

Light deadlifts double over hand no belt dead stop reps
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Leg extensions:
5 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3yAxPNVSac

knotahumanbeing
10-23-13, 3:24 am
Heavy squats 10-19-13

By far the best squat workout I've ever had. My form, strength and speed is improving each heavy squat workout with the low bar position. Only been practicing it for about 2 straight months now. We drove out to Dayton, Ohio about a 6 hour drive from us to lift at the Animal Barbell Club Event at Larry/Jimmie Pacifico's gym.

Derek and I did the exact same warm ups all the way up to our top set. I ended up going first and nailed my top set with 881lbs for an easy double. Definitely had another rep in me. Derek went after and got it for 3 reps! Absolutely insane the gains this guy has been making since he's been training with us. Only one more heavy squat workout left in 2 weeks. Just under a month out from the meet next month on November 16th.

bar x 10
150x5
240x4
330x3
420x2
530x1
640x1
731x1
806x1

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Leg extensions:
5 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Video:

It was incredible to watch you guys lift in person and I can't thank you guys enough for driving down, extremely motivating to be there. I didn't get a chance to talk to you guys about help with my squat form since we started pulling . Could you take a brief look at my squat vid and possibly provide some advice on how to bring my rear down lower. I can't seem to get that last aspect of my form squared away.

http://youtu.be/UNdDqA_Ej3A

Thanks, Rob

J-Dawg
10-23-13, 9:23 am
Heavy squats 10-19-13

bar x 10
150x5
240x4
330x3
420x2
530x1
640x1
731x1
806x1

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Leg extensions:
5 sets of 20 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
5 sets of 15 reps

Standing calv raises:
5 sets of 20 reps

Video:

What an insane video Eric!

Altered Beast
10-24-13, 2:18 pm
You and Sam Byrd are human hydraulic suspension jacks. You're on your way to 1000!

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 12:02 am
It was incredible to watch you guys lift in person and I can't thank you guys enough for driving down, extremely motivating to be there. I didn't get a chance to talk to you guys about help with my squat form since we started pulling . Could you take a brief look at my squat vid and possibly provide some advice on how to bring my rear down lower. I can't seem to get that last aspect of my form squared away.

http://youtu.be/UNdDqA_Ej3A

Thanks, Rob

It looks like you just need to literally squat down more. Keep practicing with plate on the bar until you can get your depth. It looks like you're just stopping there at parallel or maybe a hair over. Do you feel like something is binding you up to where you can't go down further?

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 12:04 am
What an insane video Eric!

Thanks! About to post another new one, last heavy one of the cycle before my meet in 2 weeks!

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 12:05 am
You and Sam Byrd are human hydraulic suspension jacks. You're on your way to 1000!

Thanks, maybe one day. But for now i'm just making baby jumps on all my lifts to get me a bigger total. Should be well over 900 at my meet in 2 weeks though, just did 905 today in the gym and felt very easy and fast and was great depth.

ibnmahama
11-03-13, 12:33 pm
Thanks, maybe one day. But for now i'm just making baby jumps on all my lifts to get me a bigger total. Should be well over 900 at my meet in 2 weeks though, just did 905 today in the gym and felt very easy and fast and was great depth.

Yep that was a great squat. I can see you executing that at the meet easily.

J Wong
11-03-13, 1:02 pm

That squat was fucking awesome man...I hope you get it done at your meet which I am sure you will!

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 2:57 pm
That squat was fucking awesome man...I hope you get it done at your meet which I am sure you will!

Thanks man, that's going to be around my 2nd attempt at the meet. As long as it moves as fast as it did yesterday I will definitely take one more higher on my 3rd.

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 3:00 pm

By the way I never got the chance to tell you congrats on making it onto team Animal. It will be awesome to meet you at the Arnold this year. Any plans on what you'll be doing in the cage?

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 3:07 pm
Heavy Bench Training 10-24-13

This was my last heavy bench workout before my meet. I'll just be going light and de loading from now until the meet on my bench. Shooting for 245kg/540lbs on my bench at the meet, that'll be a 5kg meet PR for me. All I have left is one more heavy deadlift and squat and that'll wrap up all my training for the meet.

Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10 paused
225 x 5 paused
325 x 3 paused
375 x 1 paused
425 x 1 paused
465 x 1 paused
500 x 1 paused
530 x 1 paused

555x1 - 2 board
585x1 - 3 board

405x8 - all paused

5 sets of 15 reps

Cable pec flys:
5 sets of 15 reps

Upright cable rows:
8 sets of 15 reps

Tricep push downs:
8 sets of 15 reps

Side lateral raises:
6 sets of 15 reps

Front delt raises:
6 sets of 15 reps

Rear delt raises:
6 sets of 15 reps

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZKYxVMJfw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFoUtURNwXIjFjee8uyLCsQ

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 3:11 pm
Heavy Deadlift training 10-26-13

This was my very last heavy deadlift session before my meet coming up in 3 weeks. This was actually a shitty deadlift day for me. I woke up this morning and my lower back and hamstrings just felt tight and stiff for some reason. My floor speed and form felt much better on my last heavy deadlift day 2 weeks ago. I was also heavier today when I woke up which made my belt fit different and I felt caused me to get out of form slightly from the start on my last couple pulls.

I also keep tearing the same callas on my right over hand grip which is right under my ring finger. I felt it rip right when I got the weight over my knees and by the top it was already in my fingers in my over hand. I've tried cutting/shaving them all down and nothing seems to be working to prevent it from ripping off. Hoping the extra week off from heavy pulls will help my hand heal and be good to go for the meet. Strength is feeling good though and I feel like I'm peaking on all my lifts at the right time.

Deadlifts:
135x5
225x4
315x3
405x2
505x1
606x1
705x1
771x1
837x1

Light paused squats:
145x5
235x5
325x5
415x5

Leg extensions:
6 sets of 15 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
6 sets of 15 reps

6 sets of 15 reps

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAedprEjJOk

Eric Lilliebridge
11-03-13, 3:23 pm
Squat Training 11-2-13

Peaking perfectly for the meet. I'll probably take 410kg on my 2nd attempt at the meet and beat my all time world record squat by 22lbs, then take one more higher on my 3rd attempt. Can't wait to compete in 2 weeks!

Squats: 55lb squat bar

bar x 10 x 3 sets
145x5
235x4
325x3
415x2
505x1
605x1
685x1
750x1
826x1
905x1

Light speed deadlifts:
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Leg extensions:
6 sets of 15 reps

Hamstring leg curls:
6 sets of 15 reps

6 sets of 15 reps

Video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_pYgAbbJo

J Wong
11-03-13, 9:24 pm
Thanks man, that's going to be around my 2nd attempt at the meet. As long as it moves as fast as it did yesterday I will definitely take one more higher on my 3rd.

By the way I never got the chance to tell you congrats on making it onto team Animal. It will be awesome to meet you at the Arnold this year. Any plans on what you'll be doing in the cage?

Thanks man. I have no idea..I hope they do have me lift in the cage though for sure, it would be an awesome experience. How about you? Are you still doing the Raw Unity meet in February?

Universal Rep
11-08-13, 3:30 pm
Peaking perfectly for the meet. I'll probably take 410kg on my 2nd attempt at the meet and beat my all time world record squat by 22lbs, then take one more higher on my 3rd attempt.

Thats OK.... I guess.

Beast.

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
11-08-13, 6:41 pm
Man that would be awesome to break the world record both on your 2nd attempt and your 3rd!

Eric Lilliebridge
11-26-13, 4:02 pm
UPA Power Weekend competition 2,221lbs raw total w/ wraps @ 275lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmALdSFmr4

STRONGmanmike
11-26-13, 4:08 pm
UPA Power Weekend competition 2,221lbs raw total w/ wraps @ 275lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmALdSFmr4

BEAST!!! Nice job!

Eric Lilliebridge
12-01-13, 2:27 am
Bench Training 11-27-13

Practiced some heavy singles with a pause for this workout to get an idea of what I should take on my opener and 2nd attempt at my next meet coming up on December 14th. This was actually one of the best bench workouts I've had in a long time practicing pauses. Feeling stronger now than I did leading up to my last meet. Big thanks to Derek Kendall for all the help, advice and helping call my numbers for this training session. This weekend I will be going up to my planned opener squat and deadlift.

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cyHS2eCRk8

Eric Lilliebridge
12-01-13, 2:30 am
Squat & Deadlift Training 11-30-13

Today I was planning on going up to my planned openers on the squat and deadlift. My squat was feeling real good today on all my warm ups so I decided to go heavier. I was only going to take 901lbs for a single but ended up hitting it for a solid double for a big PR. My deadlifts felt fast and explosive and my planned opener (727lbs) felt easy. Now I'll just be de loading and going light until my competition in 2 weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMiFaVWfOx4

Altered Beast
12-02-13, 10:17 am
JUMPING JACKRABBIT SHITBALLS! Mutant Squatting!

Universal Rep
12-02-13, 10:29 am
Squat & Deadlift Training 11-30-13

Today I was planning on going up to my planned openers on the squat and deadlift. My squat was feeling real good today on all my warm ups so I decided to go heavier. I was only going to take 901lbs for a single but ended up hitting it for a solid double for a big PR. My deadlifts felt fast and explosive and my planned opener (727lbs) felt easy. Now I'll just be de loading and going light until my competition in 2 weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMiFaVWfOx4

901 for a double? Not too shabby.