PDA

View Full Version : The Lad is back

The Mississippi Monster
12-11-12, 5:03 pm
What"s up ironmen & maidens??? The lad is back!!!

Vinny G
12-11-12, 5:30 pm
What"s up ironmen & maidens??? The lad is back!!!

HOLY SHIT...the Lad is in the HOUSE!!!!

Whats up brother, how have you been?

The Mississippi Monster
12-11-12, 5:43 pm
HOLY SHIT...the Lad is in the HOUSE!!!!

Whats up brother, how have you been?

Vinny G whats up man been buildin a house(ME) one brick at a time almost hit 300lbs a few months ago! How you been brudda?

Vinny G
12-12-12, 9:26 am
Vinny G whats up man been buildin a house(ME) one brick at a time almost hit 300lbs a few months ago! How you been brudda?

could you breath and walk at the same time....lol

The Mississippi Monster
12-12-12, 9:36 am
could you breath and walk at the same time....lol

Breathing and walking was like doing a set of high rep squats..........one rep at a time! I'm back down to around 275-280 now and feel good and healthy...how bout you? Are you off season now, whats your bwt like?

smoothballer
12-12-12, 9:40 am
The LAD is back!!!!!!!! Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

The Mississippi Monster
12-12-12, 11:14 am
The LAD is back!!!!!!!! Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I had to regroup man......sometimes when shit doesn't go the way you want in life, you gotta sit back, and let the stars re-align...lol
Been missin all my brothers here though, I see we gotta alot of new peeps

GUNS
12-12-12, 11:51 am
Where in Mississippi is the Monster?

P Diesel
12-12-12, 11:54 am
for real, LAD is the stuff of legends. grew up respectin this mutha. id b remiss to say we are in good company.

P

The Mississippi Monster
12-12-12, 12:05 pm
for real, LAD is the stuff of legends. grew up respectin this mutha. id b remiss to say we are in good company.

P

Thank U P-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......Damn it feels good to be BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Mizzarler
12-12-12, 4:29 pm
A powerlifting legend for sure...honored to have ya here again

Unlike today's bodybuilders, Joe had lots of strength evidenced by best recorded lifts of a 960 pound squat, a 628 pound bench, a deadlift of 832 pounds and a total of 2160 pounds. He was the first man ever to beat the 2100 pound barrier in 220 pound class

http://samson-power.com/ASL/images/Ladnier/1983SRS.jpg

MOTHER OF GOD ^^^

The Mississippi Monster
12-12-12, 5:46 pm
A powerlifting legend for sure...honored to have ya here again

Unlike today's bodybuilders, Joe had lots of strength evidenced by best recorded lifts of a 960 pound squat, a 628 pound bench, a deadlift of 832 pounds and a total of 2160 pounds. He was the first man ever to beat the 2100 pound barrier in 220 pound class

http://samson-power.com/ASL/images/Ladnier/1983SRS.jpg

MOTHER OF GOD ^^^

Thanks for the shout out Mizzarler.....

Vinny G
12-12-12, 6:00 pm
Joe how is your training now?

Are you going to do a bobybuilding contest or are you still doing PL?

The Mississippi Monster
12-12-12, 7:22 pm
Joe how is your training now?

Are you going to do a bobybuilding contest or are you still doing PL?

I retired from Powerlifting in 09, although my heart is still in it, my body has finally said enough.......it will be bodybuilding from here on out!

The Mississippi Monster
12-12-12, 7:24 pm
Where in Mississippi is the Monster?

Guns, I'm in a little town called Hurley, Mississippi.......about 20 minutes West from the Mobile, Alabama airport.

GUNS
12-12-12, 7:35 pm
I now know who you are, good to have you back Lad! We are not very far from you. I have a few guys around here on the forvm and Garrett GUNZ Griffin, now sposored by Animal, is over in N.O. Hope we can all get together and train sometime!

The Mississippi Monster
12-13-12, 10:03 am
I now know who you are, good to have you back Lad! We are not very far from you. I have a few guys around here on the forvm and Garrett GUNZ Griffin, now sposored by Animal, is over in N.O. Hope we can all get together and train sometime!

Yeah Gulfport is only 45 minutes from here....that would be cool...where do yall train?

GUNS
12-13-12, 10:49 am
Haha, your going to laugh, but a Snap Fitness! Gulfport has to be the worst training area in the country. BUt there are a couple guys who have started PL'ing and we do have a deadlift platform, a squat rack and a nice bench, along with pretty decent DB's and some other great forms of equipment. Its small, but it is what you make it. If I really wanted a change of pace, I just retired and can still head down and use the Navy Base gym. Its pretty bad ass for a base gym. I seen pics of your place and pretty awesome what you and the wife are doing over there!

The Mississippi Monster
12-13-12, 11:09 am
Haha, your going to laugh, but a Snap Fitness! Gulfport has to be the worst training area in the country. BUt there are a couple guys who have started PL'ing and we do have a deadlift platform, a squat rack and a nice bench, along with pretty decent DB's and some other great forms of equipment. Its small, but it is what you make it. If I really wanted a change of pace, I just retired and can still head down and use the Navy Base gym. Its pretty bad ass for a base gym. I seen pics of your place and pretty awesome what you and the wife are doing over there!

Thats cool...hey it is what it is brother! I know where your talkin, I used to work in and around Gulfport and the CB base..I also did 8 years in the reserves...I almost bought Doc Rhodes old place in Northgate shopping center back in the 90's.......hey you know an old training partner pf mine named Ron Groce?

GUNS
12-13-12, 3:46 pm
Thats cool...hey it is what it is brother! I know where your talkin, I used to work in and around Gulfport and the CB base..I also did 8 years in the reserves...I almost bought Doc Rhodes old place in Northgate shopping center back in the 90's.......hey you know an old training partner pf mine named Ron Groce?No, sure dont. Back in the early 90's I was going to the old Gold's Gym back behind the old Sams club on 49. They helped me prep for the Golds Gym classic in Jackson and won it that year(91). That was a long time ago, hahaha! Yeah Im retired CB! Cool you did some reserve time! Yeah, think I read you used to have a gym over here somewhere until Katrina hit us?

The Mississippi Monster
12-13-12, 4:08 pm
No, sure dont. Back in the early 90's I was going to the old Gold's Gym back behind the old Sams club on 49. They helped me prep for the Golds Gym classic in Jackson and won it that year(91). That was a long time ago, hahaha! Yeah Im retired CB! Cool you did some reserve time! Yeah, think I read you used to have a gym over here somewhere until Katrina hit us?

I remember that place(Golds), I trained there a few times back then..........I did all the underground utilities at that Walmart and Sams, so I trained there during that time. Yeah, my gym was in D'Iberville, just a few blocks down from Richard Hawthornes(Ant) place now.