PDA

View Full Version : Try this if your bored with your workouts!

The Mississippi Monster
12-24-12, 11:09 am
If you want a kickass workout try this out for size!
You can do this with any of your compound movements.....First pick a weight you can do reps with...let's say 315lbs for squats(warm up first) Next, You and your training partner get a deck of cards and deal 3 cards to who's ever set it is and thats how many reps you do...
(Example...3 kings would be 30 reps or 3- 2's would be 6 reps)
Then your partner goes and gets his(or Her) 3 cards and does his(or her) set.......
Do this for the entire deck of cards...a good pace should take you about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and you'll be waxed!
Then try this for the bench and deadlift also but remember to take your time and pick a weight you know you can do high reps with...
It's perfect for 4 people...2 is a killer.....

Bruiser
12-24-12, 11:18 am
This sounds awesome... but I train alone and it would kill me! Lol

The Mississippi Monster
12-24-12, 11:47 am
This sounds awesome... but I train alone and it would kill me! Lol

If you want to try it...use a half a deck and only 2 cards at a time....still serves the same purpose and an awesome workout!

Bruiser
12-24-12, 12:07 pm
If you want to try it...use a half a deck and only 2 cards at a time....still serves the same purpose and an awesome workout!

Might give this a shot next week.

Adrenaline
12-26-12, 12:09 pm
that's RUGGED! i like that already, will have to give it my best shot in these upcoming weeks

deanna7272
12-30-12, 9:33 am
I'm doing 10x10 on my compounds now. THIS sir, would probably kill me...

B.D.Smash
12-30-12, 6:26 pm

Lies Deanna. We all know you're hardcore to the bone. You'd probably throw down with a six deck stack and be reaching for a 7th!

j/k.

This sounds awesome and i'm thinking i'm gonna give it a try! Thanks mate.

deanna7272
12-30-12, 6:32 pm
Lies Deanna. We all know you're hardcore to the bone. You'd probably throw down with a six deck stack and be reaching for a 7th!

j/k.

This sounds awesome and i'm thinking i'm gonna give it a try! Thanks mate.

Shhhhhh.... It's supposed to be a surprise...lol

In Flames
12-30-12, 11:12 pm
Another great workout is Scivation's 666 Workout from Hell. You can Google it if you want. Basically it's 6 sets of 6 reps in 6 minutes. You rest for only 30 seconds between sets. It's great at building lean mass and shedding fat since the short rest periods.

Pro Serge Nubret trained similar to this style and he has one of the most aesthetic physiques of all time. The only main difference in Serge's workout was higher reps. He would perform 6 sets of 10-12 reps with 30 second rest periods. The pump of these workouts is phenomenal!

I like to mix both of these workouts together. For larger body-parts I'll perform around 4 exercises. The first will be compounds which will be 6 sets of 6 reps. The last 2 exercise will be more isolation which will be 6 sets of 8-12 reps. All with 30 second rest periods. It's a lot of volume but in such a short time because of the short rest periods. The workouts take only around 25-35 minutes depending on how long it takes you to set up the next exercise.

If anyone gives this style a whirl, please let me know how you like it.

The Mississippi Monster
12-31-12, 10:52 am

Or you could look at the your overall goal......10 x 10 = 100 reps......you could do like Tom Platz told me and do all 100 at once or split it into 2 sets and do 2 x 50........anything to mix it up!
It sounds like you can take it!

The Mississippi Monster
12-31-12, 10:55 am
Another great workout is Scivation's 666 Workout from Hell. You can Google it if you want. Basically it's 6 sets of 6 reps in 6 minutes. You rest for only 30 seconds between sets. It's great at building lean mass and shedding fat since the short rest periods.

Pro Serge Nubret trained similar to this style and he has one of the most aesthetic physiques of all time. The only main difference in Serge's workout was higher reps. He would perform 6 sets of 10-12 reps with 30 second rest periods. The pump of these workouts is phenomenal!

I like to mix both of these workouts together. For larger body-parts I'll perform around 4 exercises. The first will be compounds which will be 6 sets of 6 reps. The last 2 exercise will be more isolation which will be 6 sets of 8-12 reps. All with 30 second rest periods. It's a lot of volume but in such a short time because of the short rest periods. The workouts take only around 25-35 minutes depending on how long it takes you to set up the next exercise.

If anyone gives this style a whirl, please let me know how you like it.

Thats what I'm talking bout.....kill it! Get 5 or 6 different workouts and switch up every time!

In Flames
12-31-12, 12:09 pm
Thats what I'm talking bout.....kill it! Get 5 or 6 different workouts and switch up every time!

Exactly! I'm constantly changing my program. It might not be the best way for progression in weight but I'm getting stronger as each week passes. So it must be working for me. I rotate between around 2-3 different training styles weekly. One week 666 workout, next week all super and tri-sets, next week G Diesel's Circuit Breaker http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=370&section=training

Repeat!