PDA

View Full Version : Records are meant to be broken

The Mississippi Monster
12-13-12, 3:24 pm
Belyaev broke my bench record of a raw 518@220 (drug tested)(full meet) that I've held since 1983.......CONGRATULATIONS!!!

C.Coronato
12-13-12, 4:26 pm
Thats a long time to have that record. Thats insane.

The Mississippi Monster
12-13-12, 4:41 pm
Thats a long time to have that record. Thats insane.

Thanks man,
I beat DR. Squat Fred Hatfield in 1983 at the mens senior nationals. I was only 19 at the time and set a new mens total world record of 2110lbs in the 220lb class...........but everything I did was a Mens Teens Age World Record and they still stand today.....837lb-squat, (RAW)523lb-Bench, 749lb-Deadlift

Besides that I still hold some masters records....but they all will be broken one day...thats why we keep up with them

Cellardweller
12-14-12, 9:26 pm
That's pretty sweet that you're pumped that someone broke your record. That's good sportsmanship right there boys and girls, and a healthy love of the sport. My hat is off to you sir.

The Mississippi Monster
12-15-12, 11:10 am
That's pretty sweet that you're pumped that someone broke your record. That's good sportsmanship right there boys and girls, and a healthy love of the sport. My hat is off to you sir.

Thanks Cellardweller..........when I was a competitor thats what would drive me....I always wanted someone to break my records to give me the drive to get it back.....I made my mark, I'm satisfied...I had a good run!

JHOORNSTRA
01-04-13, 10:01 pm
One of the best sports in my opinion...the attitude of the record holder cheering on the attempted new record holder. Very admirable.

J-HO