PDA

View Full Version : Visualization

The Mississippi Monster
12-13-12, 3:46 pm
Have you ever seen yourself lift or train? This is an excellent training tool!!! I took a course on self hypnosis to help me focus better in my training and in competitions...............
One of the key things I learned was to video my training sessions and to watch it over and over again so that I could actually see myself doin the weight and making that mental picture.

Try it..........video your training or competitions and watch it over and over.......get that mental picture of yourself doing that lift and then use it prepairing for your next one!!!

RaisingTheBar
12-13-12, 4:23 pm
Sounds solid! I guess I do this without even realizing what I'm doing.

I like to watch videos of top notch power lifters, and visualize myself in their place. Then when I'm prepping for a lift, I remember that form and strength. It helps me get focused, especially on form, and completely blocks any mental barriers. When I'm visualizing dead lifting 700lbs, the weight I'm looking at doesn't look so daunting, haha.

I'll have to start taping myself though. That'd be a much better way of fixing weaknesses and such.

The Mississippi Monster
12-13-12, 4:35 pm
Sounds solid! I guess I do this without even realizing what I'm doing.

I like to watch videos of top notch power lifters, and visualize myself in their place. Then when I'm prepping for a lift, I remember that form and strength. It helps me get focused, especially on form, and completely blocks any mental barriers. When I'm visualizing dead lifting 700lbs, the weight I'm looking at doesn't look so daunting, haha.

I'll have to start taping myself though. That'd be a much better way of fixing weaknesses and such.

EXACTLY!!! Focus brother..........F O C U S ! ! !

Tauscheck
12-15-12, 3:39 pm
For me I always visualize my lift before it happens, I always pick a target rep or goal before my set. It reminds me of how many I should be able to get and makes shure my mind deosnt wander during my lift.

The Mississippi Monster
12-16-12, 1:48 pm
For me I always visualize my lift before it happens, I always pick a target rep or goal before my set. It reminds me of how many I should be able to get and makes shure my mind deosnt wander during my lift.

Good stuff Tauscheck........That's the idea behind videoing your training.....it's helps you to get that visual/mental picture in your mind of what the lift should look like..if you have training partners, I suggest watching their training on video also. You can pick up little things from watching their training on video also!