PDA

View Full Version : "Italian" Shredded Beef

TGoetsch
05-04-13, 12:56 pm
I've been using the slow cooker a lot lately because I can make a lot of food at once, it doesn't heat up the apartment, and it takes very little work. I love this recipe because it makes for great sandwiches, but it is even better throughout the week fried with some eggs, cheddar, and coconut oil. It may look like a lot of dry ingredient, but you can really add or subtract whatever you want from the list.

Ingredients:
3 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (5-pound) roast

Directions:
1. Combine water with all dry ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
2. Place roast in slow cooker, and pour hot mixture over the meat.
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 10-12 hours, or on High for 4-5 hours.
4. When done, remove bay leaf and shred with a fork. I like to shred the meat separate from the liquid, then add *some* of the liquid back to it. I don't want it to be sopping wet.

Cellardweller
05-05-13, 8:50 pm
Tried this out today. It was pretty good. You could probably make a pretty good gravy out of the extra juices too.

TGoetsch
05-05-13, 9:58 pm
Tried this out today. It was pretty good. You could probably make a pretty good gravy out of the extra juices too.

Awesome! That sounds good. This with eggs has made for some pretty awesome breakfasts

G Diesel
05-06-13, 9:14 am
Great looking recipe bro. I dig it.

Thanks for sharing. I use my crock pot pretty regularly of late and this kind of an idea is perfect.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
05-06-13, 9:33 am
I've been using the slow cooker a lot lately because I can make a lot of food at once, it doesn't heat up the apartment, and it takes very little work. I love this recipe because it makes for great sandwiches, but it is even better throughout the week fried with some eggs, cheddar, and coconut oil. It may look like a lot of dry ingredient, but you can really add or subtract whatever you want from the list.

Ingredients:
3 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (5-pound) roast

Directions:
1. Combine water with all dry ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
2. Place roast in slow cooker, and pour hot mixture over the meat.
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 10-12 hours, or on High for 4-5 hours.
4. When done, remove bay leaf and shred with a fork. I like to shred the meat separate from the liquid, then add *some* of the liquid back to it. I don't want it to be sopping wet.

Looks like a weekend project is in order. Time to fire up the slow cooker. Thnx for the recipe brotha.

TGoetsch
05-06-13, 12:42 pm
Looks like a weekend project is in order. Time to fire up the slow cooker. Thnx for the recipe brotha.

No problem, dude! I've got an even easier shredded red hot chicken I do some weekends, too, if you like any spice. I'll get that up later. These things save me a ton of time instead of cooking during the week

Universal Rep
05-06-13, 12:55 pm
No problem, dude! I've got an even easier shredded red hot chicken I do some weekends, too, if you like any spice. I'll get that up later. These things save me a ton of time instead of cooking during the week

Do I like spice, of course I do brotha. Does it involve Sriracha? I know a few of us here really dig that stuff. Then again, dont know if Sriracha would work in a slow cooker...