PDA

View Full Version : Animal Test concerns with medication

izzy895
05-04-13, 4:49 pm
What's up everyone I've been looking around for some help with some medication concerns while taking animal Test. I've read up on not using anti-inflammatories while taking Test like advil and such but what about other medications like antihistamines? I use Allegra at this time of year for allergies and I also use Minocycline an anti-biotic for mild acne. I've read that Minocyclin does have anti-inflammatory type effects so to be safe should i just avoid this too? Much appreciated

Sandman
05-04-13, 10:13 pm
The best thing to do is consult your Dr who wrote you the script for the acne meds

G Diesel
05-08-13, 10:54 am
I'd definitely run the ingredients in Animal Test by a trusted physician who knows about diet and nutrition, just to be safe.

In general, I've never encountered such a problem, but you never know how different compounds are going to interact. So it is probably worth doing the due diligence.

Peace, G

Cellardweller
05-08-13, 12:44 pm
a trusted physician who knows about diet and nutrition

Those can be found riding unicorns and hanging out with leprechauns LOL. I say start with a pharmacist.

Appollonian
05-08-13, 1:21 pm
Those can be found riding unicorns and hanging out with leprechauns LOL. I say start with a pharmacist.

Ha... there are some good ones out there, but I would say a pharmacist is a quick answer to start with.

G Diesel
05-08-13, 1:47 pm

Ha... there are some good ones out there, but I would say a pharmacist is a quick answer to start with.

OK. Fair enough. Might be better phrased, ask someone who knows more about drug and micronutrient interaction than some meatheads on a bodybuilding board.

This is a good place to start, but when you're talking about serious pharmaceuticals you don't mess around and seek out trained experts.

Peace, G

Appollonian
05-08-13, 1:51 pm
OK. Fair enough. Might be better phrased, ask someone who knows more about drug and micronutrient interaction than some meatheads on a bodybuilding board.

This is a good place to start, but when you're talking about serious pharmaceuticals you don't mess around and seek out trained experts.

Peace, G

No doubt G and I meant no disrespect to you. I'm just speaking from experience when I asked my doctor about possible interactions the doctor told me what he thought, then he told me to speak with a pharmacist too.

And yes either are better than asking some folks ok a forum, even a great one like this.

Cellardweller
05-08-13, 4:11 pm
I was just having fun. Please don't no one take my comment the wrong way. I've had to argue with my kid's doctor over how to take a blood pressure once and have had several bad personal experiences with them. I work in health care and am none too impressed with doctors. Pharmacists though know their stuff. Plus, they have access to online databases that will tell you what interacts with what.

Enforcer
05-08-13, 7:18 pm
What's up everyone I've been looking around for some help with some medication concerns while taking animal Test. I've read up on not using anti-inflammatories while taking Test like advil and such but what about other medications like antihistamines? I use Allegra at this time of year for allergies and I also use Minocycline an anti-biotic for mild acne. I've read that Minocyclin does have anti-inflammatory type effects so to be safe should i just avoid this too? Much appreciated

My brother has terrible allergies as well and uses Allegra at this time of year. I know he uses Animal Test and doesnt have a problem. He just makes sure not to take them a the same time