PDA

View Full Version : Cellar's Chicken and RIce

Cellardweller
05-05-13, 9:07 pm
Giving back to the diet section.

2-3lbs of cubed chicken breast (could be pork or steak)
2 packets of dry marinade
olive oil/ water/ apple cider vinegar depending on the marinade
brown rice

preheat the oven to 375
Take the marinade and prep it in a baking dish per the instructions on the packet.
Toss in the chicken breast and mix with the marinade.
Bake 25 minutes, flip the chicken and then bake for another 25 minutes.

Serve with rice. The marinade in the baking dish can be spooned over the rice since it was cooked. You'll get several meals out of this and can make it over and over useing different marinades so the flavor never gets dull. My favorite is chipotle.

Cellardweller
02-08-15, 7:20 pm
I've been looking for new ways to eat my chicken and rice. It's so tough to just eat plain rice all the time. Here's some ways I've been shaking it up lately:

Chicken, rice and BBQ sauce

Chicken, rice and italian dressing

Chicken, rice and chipotle mustard

Chipotle mustard is with the mustards in the grocery store. It's a new fav for me. BBQ sauce is great but is usually loaded with sugar. Splashing in sweet and sour sauce is good too but also sugary.

The wife and I are also roasting whole chickens in the oven. Cheap and easy meals.

rainman
02-08-15, 8:06 pm
I've been cooking chicken in a wok using a bit of coconut oil, then dropping the heat and adding Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce and pineapple pieces for the final minute or so, before putting it on the rice. This has been my post workout meal for a few months now. Apparently pineapple has bromelain in, which aids protein digestibility and is an anti-inflammatory, but it mainly is a nice contrast of flavours with the pineapple, buffalo wing sauce and coconut, whilst not being a complete disaster macro wise.

I also am doing a mid afternoon meal with turkey breast mince, a tin of chopped tomato, a tin of pinto beans, baby corn and rice. Again, not a macro car wreck and pretty tasty too. Swapping out the turkey for beef is pretty good too, as is swapping out the rice for tortilla chips, but they go a bit soggy if you make meals in batches of three as I do.

sgerwel1985
02-09-15, 9:32 am
I've been looking for new ways to eat my chicken and rice. It's so tough to just eat plain rice all the time. Here's some ways I've been shaking it up lately:

Chicken, rice and BBQ sauce

Chicken, rice and italian dressing

Chicken, rice and chipotle mustard

Chipotle mustard is with the mustards in the grocery store. It's a new fav for me. BBQ sauce is great but is usually loaded with sugar. Splashing in sweet and sour sauce is good too but also sugary.

The wife and I are also roasting whole chickens in the oven. Cheap and easy meals.

Solid options. I've been trying as well. One thing i've found to be very nice... Salsa! May sound out of place, but i promise you it is awesome sauce.

OH and BBQ, i love it, but i got to watch it personally. That's my biggest weakness!

Appollonian
02-09-15, 12:19 pm
When I hear the words 'chicken and rice', I go straight into the "ethnic" aisle at the whole foods or similar. While I'm not sure how authentic any of the sauces are, I really dig the Indian, Thai, and Mediterranean options.

Cellardweller
02-11-15, 5:48 pm
Solid options. I've been trying as well. One thing i've found to be very nice... Salsa! May sound out of place, but i promise you it is awesome sauce.

OH and BBQ, i love it, but i got to watch it personally. That's my biggest weakness!

Or how about Rotel? This thread is making me hungry.

Tried something new yesterday and I'll have that up tomorrow.

Cellardweller
02-26-15, 2:47 pm
Holy Yum Chicken

This is amazing. I didn't name it though LOL.

Ingredients

1 1/2 pound(s) Skinless, boneless chicken thighs Fat discarded
1/2 cup(s) dijon mustard
1/4 cup(s) Pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon(s) Rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
2 teaspoon(s) Rosemary Garnish

Preparation

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a 8×8″ oven-proof pan with 2 layers of tin foil.
In small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Place the chicken thighs in the foil layered pan then pour the mixture on top of it. Turn the chicken around in the sauce to make sure it gets all coated.
Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and let chicken sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate. Do NOT discard the liquid.
Immediately after plating chicken, whisk in the 1 tbsp. of cornstarch into the liquid in the pan. You’ll create a nice, thick sauce to drizzle over your chicken. You need to do cornstarch mixing immediately because the liquid needs to be hot in order for it to thicken properly. If it’s still not thickening after 1 tbsp., you can add a little more.
Sprinkle rosemary on top before serving.
Serve with rice or potatoes or vegetables.

Cellardweller
02-26-15, 3:00 pm
Found an awesome seasoning mix for rice in the hispanic section.

Mi Arroz Roja/ Red by Knorr

It makes a red spanish rice out of your brown rice. Added some Rotel to it.

Appollonian
02-26-15, 3:10 pm
Looks great, you had me at "maple syrup".

skibasgym
03-30-15, 12:23 pm
The Holy Yum Chicken recipe was great. It had great flavor and the chicken didn't dry out.

Cellardweller
06-08-15, 4:31 pm
The Holy Yum Chicken recipe was great. It had great flavor and the chicken didn't dry out.

I need to make this this week!

Cellardweller
06-08-15, 4:34 pm
3lbs ground chicken
3 packets taco seasoning
whatever water the taco seasoning calls for

put it in a crock pot
stir
cook 6-6.5 hours on low
take a potatoe masher and go to town on the cooked chicken lump

***You now have 3lbs of chicken taco meat to do whatever the hell you want to with it. Like... ***

CHICKEN TACO OMLETTE
5 whole eggs scrambled
5 big scoops chicken taco meat
shredded cheese
whatever else you may want in or on it

warm up a pan
coat it with cooking spray or olive oil
put the meat in the pan (and whatever else you want like tomatoes) and cover with the eggs
cook until the scrambled eggs are done
put in a bowl or plate and cover with shredded cheese

Cellardweller
06-08-15, 4:59 pm
With it being summer and getting hot, turning on the oven can suck. The first meal I posted can also be made in the crock pot. Just put everything in the crock for 8hrs on low or 4hrs on high and BOOM! Dinner's done.

2-3lbs of cubed chicken breast (could be pork or steak)
2 packets of dry marinade
olive oil/ water/ apple cider vinegar depending on the marinade

Take the marinade and prep it in a crock pot per the instructions on the packet.
Toss in the chicken breast and mix with the marinade.
cook for 8hrs on low or 4hrs on high

Serve with rice. The marinade can be spooned over the rice since it was cooked. You'll get several meals out of this and can make it over and over useing different marinades or different meats so the flavor never gets dull. My favorite is chipotle.

Cellardweller
06-21-15, 2:39 pm
3lbs of stew meat -found it on sale
2 dry packages of McCormic's Montreal Steak marinade

Just put the stew meat in a crock pot with the seasoning and the water, oil and white vineager it calls for. 8 hours on low and you have some awesome meat that falls apart. I ate this with rice but it probably would have been best on top of some mashed potatoes. I put this in the crock at midnight and woke up at 0800 to a pot of heaven.

Cellardweller
06-21-15, 2:45 pm
Here's my spin on protein pudding:

2 cups of greek yogurt -or one cup of yogurt and one cup cottage cheese
(when I say a cup of yogurt I mean one of the individual serving cups)
1 table spoon of milled flaxseed
1 scoop of whey
1 cup of cereal -I use granoloa or Fiber One

Mix everything in a bowel and eat. Probably not good if you're cutting, but it's pretty good post workout. If you want to add some creatine or glutamine in it, go for it. Between the different yogurts and whey flavors, you can come up with lots of different combos.

Milled flaxseed you get from the baking section for maybe $3. If you buy it in the vitamin section I have seen it for as much as $16.

skibasgym
06-21-15, 4:48 pm
Love your spin on protein pudding. Great job.