PDA

View Full Version : Easy Low-Carb, Lactose-Free Ice Cream

TGoetsch
05-10-13, 3:22 pm
If you’re on a diet, or just trying to clean it up a bit, here’s a way you can resist the temptation to become a slave to that damn Blue Bunny this summer.

Ingredients:
-- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-- 1 tbsp stevia/Splenda
-- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (I used vanilla whey isolate, making it lactose-free)
-- 6 cups of ice
-- ½ cup salt
-- Plastic sandwich bag (with zipper)
-- Plastic gallon bag (with zipper)

Directions:
Whisk together almond milk, stevia, and protein powder. Pour them into the smaller bag and seal it up tight. Dump the ice and salt into the large bag. Place the small bag (still sealed) into the large bag, and seal the large bag tight. Now agitate that thing. Treat it like that Shake Weight your ma bought you for Christmas for 5-10 minutes (though it usually only takes me about 7 minutes). I like to hold the top corners of the large bag and shake it front to back, side to side, and swirl it some because I don’t want it to bust open at all by turning it upside down. You should be able to feel the small bag to see if it’s hardened up. Once it’s done, pour the ice cream into a bowl and enjoy!

Of course, you can just mix it together and toss it into the freezer until it's done, but I think it wouldn't come out as creamy or be done as quickly.

Suggested additions:
-- Half-and-half instead of almond milk (but really, at this point you should probably just buy real ice cream…)
-- A different flavor of protein powder
-- Dark chocolate chips
-- Peanut/almond butter
-- Cinnamon (it won’t take much)
-- Chopped up fruit or nuts
-- Sriracha? (U-Rep)