PDA

View Full Version : Keep carbs down when bulking?

Lone Wolf
05-12-13, 11:22 pm
Would keeping carbs as preworkout and post be effective still? It'll def cut the "fat" outta bulking.. well at least a little.

BubbyLight
05-13-13, 1:07 am
Thats a broad question man. We kinda need more from you. like what is your diet. how much do you weigh? what are you trying to bulk to?

Lone Wolf
05-13-13, 2:13 am
Thats a broad question man. We kinda need more from you. like what is your diet. how much do you weigh? what are you trying to bulk to?

No sweat.
5'8
bulk to 160.

morning:
2scoops whey with milk
3/4cup oatmeal
veggie

lunch:
4oz protein(24g protein)
2 whole grain bread slices

eating while walking home from school:
4oz protein(24g protein)
2 bread slices(not always)

preworkout:(home from school)
6oz chicken breast
1cup rice or pasta
carrots/veggie
Craze PWO

8oz protein
1cup pasta/rice/or potato
animal pak vitamins
creatine
bcaa

last meal:
1scoop whey
peanut butter
veggie
granola

Bruiser
05-13-13, 6:50 am
First off, try to make your lunch bigger. Otherwise you've got a long break between decent meals. Here's a list of things you can keep in your locker that will make it easy to up your intake:
1. PB sandwiches (natty PB/cashew/almond butter on multigrain) - can't beat a good sandwich
2. Protein bars (not ideal, but better than nothing) - try to find low sugar ones
3. Healthy carb bars (Kind bars, Raw Revolution) - if I can't get a meal in I'll have a protein bar and a carb/fruit/nut bar
4. Nuts (almonds, cashew, walnuts, etc) - look in the baking section of the store and buy bags of mixed nuts for cheap!

Also, you're 16... don't be worrying about carb intake. Just eat as much clean/whole food as you can get in! At your age putting on mass should be a breeze. Lift heavy and eat a ton. Don't over think it. Best advice I ever got was K.I.S.S... Keep It Simple Stupid. Good luck bud.

Otherwise, your diet looks pretty good. Just don't tinker with it too much. Make sure you give it time to work.

iamthemacattack
05-13-13, 8:27 am
Sup Bro,

If you are 5ft 8 and 145 I'm guessing you are one of the lucky naturally lean guys.

If this is you then you can pretty much eat what you want within reason. I like to keep my bulking simple - eggs and oats early, then beef and rice or chicken and yams/sweet potatoes, also throw a couple of shakes with added oats and peanut butter in there and you are on to a winner.

If you are naturally lean you can throw a couple of cheat meals in there a week as well just to keep the calories high.

Whole milk is also a good thing to drink, have it with your shakes and drink a pint before bed.

Peace

Ian

Lone Wolf
05-13-13, 7:19 pm
Sup Bro,

If you are 5ft 8 and 145 I'm guessing you are one of the lucky naturally lean guys.

If this is you then you can pretty much eat what you want within reason. I like to keep my bulking simple - eggs and oats early, then beef and rice or chicken and yams/sweet potatoes, also throw a couple of shakes with added oats and peanut butter in there and you are on to a winner.

If you are naturally lean you can throw a couple of cheat meals in there a week as well just to keep the calories high.

Whole milk is also a good thing to drink, have it with your shakes and drink a pint before bed.

Peace

Ian
Yeah, I have a fast metabolism. I drink about 2 cups of milk a day to give me that 20g protein.

First off, try to make your lunch bigger. Otherwise you've got a long break between decent meals. Here's a list of things you can keep in your locker that will make it easy to up your intake:
1. PB sandwiches (natty PB/cashew/almond butter on multigrain) - can't beat a good sandwich
2. Protein bars (not ideal, but better than nothing) - try to find low sugar ones
3. Healthy carb bars (Kind bars, Raw Revolution) - if I can't get a meal in I'll have a protein bar and a carb/fruit/nut bar
4. Nuts (almonds, cashew, walnuts, etc) - look in the baking section of the store and buy bags of mixed nuts for cheap!

Also, you're 16... don't be worrying about carb intake. Just eat as much clean/whole food as you can get in! At your age putting on mass should be a breeze. Lift heavy and eat a ton. Don't over think it. Best advice I ever got was K.I.S.S... Keep It Simple Stupid. Good luck bud.

Otherwise, your diet looks pretty good. Just don't tinker with it too much. Make sure you give it time to work.

Our lunch is only 30minutes; kinda difficult to get a bigger lunch. Though I could pack maybe 2tb spoon pb sandwichs in my backpack and eat b/w classes. Thanks for the advice, and I'll make sure to keep it simple from now on.

GUNS
05-14-13, 9:57 am
I can eat alot of food in 30 minutes. Ground beef or turkey in some Jasmine rice, I can pound that quick!

Just eat as much as you can! Agree with Bruiser, your test levels are the best they will be from now to about 25-26. So take advantage of it. I was the same weight you are and 6' when I was your age, and I ate like a mad man and still never gained a pound. Spegetti with meat is easy to eat, meaty chili and rice, these are some of the foods I prep to this day when Im bulking. And either can be eaten cold if necessary!

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&id=598

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&id=609

Couple good articles here, and below is one of the best threads on here for eating. Read, read, read.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?27089-What-Does-BIG-AL-Eat&highlight=

Lone Wolf
05-14-13, 6:19 pm
I can eat alot of food in 30 minutes. Ground beef or turkey in some Jasmine rice, I can pound that quick!

Just eat as much as you can! Agree with Bruiser, your test levels are the best they will be from now to about 25-26. So take advantage of it. I was the same weight you are and 6' when I was your age, and I ate like a mad man and still never gained a pound. Spegetti with meat is easy to eat, meaty chili and rice, these are some of the foods I prep to this day when Im bulking. And either can be eaten cold if necessary!

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&id=598

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&id=609

Couple good articles here, and below is one of the best threads on here for eating. Read, read, read.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?27089-What-Does-BIG-AL-Eat&highlight=

Thanks; better pack more for lunch now+eat a bigger breakfast. Eating a lot during summer vacation would be a breeze for me.
Is it alright to buy a whole chicken or should I just stick to chicken breast only?