PDA

View Full Version : Small in Stature, Large in Ambition -- My Journey to a 1000 lb. RAW Total

thecookiemonster
05-16-13, 7:43 pm
'Sup.

I actually originally joined this website to participate in the chance to get 10 weeks of personalized training with Mr. Lilly. But I thought it would probably be a suitable place to have a training log as well, since there are plenty of other strong people here that I feel I could learn from!

A little background....I'm 19, female, Canadian, and a raw powerlifter. I have been training in a gym since October 2009, and have been competing in powerlifting since February 2011. I was in the 148 class until December of 2012, where I reached my first "elite" total in the 60kg weight class.

My ultimate goal is to reach a 1000 lb. total at 60kg BW, drug-free, and raw.

My best competition lifts at the 60kg class:

Squat: 270

Bench: 132

Deadlift: 308

I'm currently a little under 4 weeks out from Nationals. I have been following The Cube for the last 12ish weeks. Very grateful to Brandon Lilly for putting this program out, and for being such a huge help to me over the past few months.

Currently resting my my back, since I seemed to have pulled/strained something in my lower trap on the right side (could be transference of pain though). I am seeing my friend on Saturday who is a chiropractor assistant and he is going to see what he can do to fix me up so it doesn't effect my competition.

My squats from today:

bar x bunch
95x5
135x3
175x1
195x1
210x5