PDA

View Full Version : My Workout

jslim18
05-17-13, 10:40 am
Hey what up guys, I've been curious. I used to workout out everyday, but then changed to working out every other day. What do you guys suggest as far as workout split goes?

G-Six
05-17-13, 10:57 am
Hey what up guys, I've been curious. I used to workout out everyday, but then changed to working out every other day. What do you guys suggest as far as workout split goes?

Does it have to be every other day or is that just what you chose?

jslim18
05-17-13, 11:19 am
Well it doesn't have to be. I was just curious to ask cause some people will workout 5 days straight then rest 2 and repeat. So I guess what I'm wondering is which one is more optimal. Cause having the rest in between can be beneficial from my understanding.

G-Six
05-17-13, 11:30 am
Rest is one of the keys to growing. With that being said, why don't you give this split a try:

Day 1: Chest/Triceps/Abs
Day 2: Back/Biceps/Abs
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Quads/Calves
Day 5: Shoulders/Hamstrings
Day 6: OFF
*Repeat

Its a 2 day on 1 day off split. It will give you the maximum rest you need. As a national level bodybuilder, this is my offseason routine for when im trying to pack on the mass. If you like it, give it a go dude

Riffmaster
05-29-13, 5:30 pm
In my opinion, it all depends on what your goal is. Are you trying to pack on mass, drop bodyfat, etc.? That being said, the split G gave you is a good one. I prefer lifting every day. I've always recovered really fast. The split I ran for a long time that I loved but had to switch up due to my work schedule was this:

Mon: Chest
Tue: Shoulders
Wed: Legs
Thurs: Arms
Fri: Back

I'd do abs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then I'd do about 45 min cardio on Tuesday and Thursday.

Now I kind of just have to play it all by ear, depending on how work goes for me. You'll never know what works best until you try different things. Best of luck!