PDA

View Full Version : Animal Athlete Ernie Lilliebridge Sr. Recognized

Animal
05-21-13, 9:08 am
By Powerlifting Watch. They recently released the "Best Of The Best" rankings for the Masters division. For the 308 Raw, the all time #1 ranking is held by Ernie Sr. He also holds the #1 ranking in the 308 Raw Masters, and the #2 spot in the 308 Raw Men's Open. Ernie Sr.'s goal will be to hold the #1 ranking all across the board. Ernie Sr. also holds the #1 spot in the 308 Raw Squat at 810 lb. Looking forward to some PRs in the near future.

P Diesel
05-21-13, 9:52 am
living legend and a hell of good dude. painstaking work over time pays dividends

P

G Diesel
05-21-13, 11:14 am
Beyond impressive.

Ernie Sr. emits the hardcore, blue collar ethic that is woven into the very fabric of powerlifting. That's why he suits Animal so well. He raised his boys with an emphasis on doing things the right way, persevering and putting in the hard work everyday that is necessary to be great. And instead of just preaching to them, he continues to lead by example through his own efforts and accomplishments. That's Animal--not just tough talk, but backing it up with hustle and getting shit done.

He's a true role model for our community and a great ambassador for the sport of powerlifting.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
05-21-13, 11:24 am
Beyond impressive.

Ernie Sr. emits the hardcore, blue collar ethic that is woven into the very fabric of powerlifting. That's why he suits Animal so well. He raised his boys with an emphasis on doing things the right way, persevering and putting in the hard work everyday that is necessary to be great. And instead of just preaching to them, he continues to lead by example through his own efforts and accomplishments. That's Animal--not just tough talk, but backing it up with hustle and getting shit done.

He's a true role model for our community and a great ambassador for the sport of powerlifting.

Peace, G

Yup, agreed 100%. Great ambassador for the sport of PL specifically and a great role model for lifters in any sport I think. Lead by example and carve out a straight and honest path that others will wanna follow... Thats the Lilliebridge way and one of the main reasons they are a perfect fit for Animal, eh?

J-Dawg
05-21-13, 11:43 am
Unbelievable. Way to go Ernie. Thanks for setting the bar high and inspiring the rest of us.

Altered Beast
05-21-13, 1:19 pm
An absolute badass, a great father and one tough bastard!

Universal Rep
05-21-13, 1:35 pm
An absolute badass, a great father and one tough bastard!

Tough, No doubt about it... Love his answer to the question about overcoming obstacles...

"I believe obstacles in life build character. I believe there is nothing as satisfying as something you have earned for yourself. I've never gotten anything for free in life - not even a hard time. I have had the pleasure of being shot and stabbed (twice), beat up with a bat, a golf club, a shovel - you name it. I've been thrown out a second floor window and down concrete stairs. I always got back up. I never quit, and believe me when I tell you, I WON'T EVER."

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=643

Altered Beast
05-21-13, 1:36 pm
Tough, No doubt about it... Love his answer to the question about overcoming obstacles...

"I believe obstacles in life build character. I believe there is nothing as satisfying as something you have earned for yourself. I've never gotten anything for free in life - not even a hard time. I have had the pleasure of being shot and stabbed (twice), beat up with a bat, a golf club, a shovel - you name it. I've been thrown out a second floor window and down concrete stairs. I always got back up. I never quit, and believe me when I tell you, I WON'T EVER."

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=643

That quote is precisely what I'm talking about!

GUNZ
05-21-13, 5:06 pm
I agree, watching Ernie and his sons in the cage was so cool. You can see the bond they all have and how much drive and passion they had for themselves and each other. I keep close eye on all their vids as you can always learn new things no matter what level your on.

Shukin
05-21-13, 5:12 pm
I wish he was my dad.

JUGGERNAUT
05-21-13, 5:22 pm
Can't add to this... everything said and done here is just too perfect and not perfect at the same time.

naturalguy
05-21-13, 5:57 pm
He's one of the most intense yet also nicest guys you'll ever meet

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
05-21-13, 11:32 pm
I agree, watching Ernie and his sons in the cage was so cool. You can see the bond they all have and how much drive and passion they had for themselves and each other. I keep close eye on all their vids as you can always learn new things no matter what level your on.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
05-22-13, 2:18 am
Thank you for the write up, and to all for the kind words and support! I am a man that believes in walking the walk, and I have every intention of taking the #1 spot across the board. Dealing with a few injuries / set backs, but I will not back down! Next time I'm on the platform , I'm going to crush the current record, and own it!!
!

Universal Rep
05-22-13, 1:00 pm
Thank you for the write up, and to all for the kind words and support! I am a man that believes in walking the walk, and I have every intention of taking the #1 spot across the board. Dealing with a few injuries / set backs, but I will not back down! Next time I'm on the platform , I'm going to crush the current record, and own it!!
!

Lookin forward to seeing ya achieve this for sure... Good luck.