PDA

View Full Version : Anabolic Meatloaf

Bruiser
05-24-13, 10:33 am
Meatloaf has gotta be one of my all time favorite foods. Even while eating a 100% clean diet, meatloaf is always in my diet. It's also a good way of getting all kinds of superfoods, greens, etc into your diet without even tasting it. Here's my base recipe that I use.

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground turkey
1 1/2 cups dry quick oats
3 large eggs
4 TBSP milled flax seed
4 TBSP chia seed
2 TBSP minced garlic
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
3 scoops powdered greens

Mix it all together and press into a 9x13 glass baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

But to make it even better and add some more carbs, I always mash up 6 potatoes and when the meatloaf is done cooking, I spread the potatoes on top of it and put it in the broiler on high for 5 minutes. Then slice it up like cake.

I always like changing the recipe up a bit. I never use 2 lbs of the same ground meat and I alternate between beef, pork, venison, bison, turkey and chicken. You can change up the flavor so much by doing that.

Enjoy.

DANO
05-24-13, 11:42 am
That looks great buddy!

Nix0r
05-24-13, 1:59 pm
That looks damn good. Might have to whip this up.

Bruiser
05-24-13, 3:12 pm
That looks great buddy!

That looks damn good. Might have to whip this up.

It's really good! The only thing is you may need to adjust the amount of oats depending on h big the eggs are, how fatty the meat is, etc. Otherwise it can be hard to mix by the time you add in the chia and flax. But you can always just throw another egg in too. Like I said, this is just a base recipe to go off. I like mine pretty basic and with NO DAMN KETCHUP! Lol

Another fun way is to add in a 1/2 cup of spicy V8 with some sriracha!

rainman
05-25-13, 4:39 pm
I'm looking forward to making this one. The shopping list for tomorrow has just got longer.

RCAF
06-10-13, 11:46 am
Meatloaf has gotta be one of my all time favorite foods. Even while eating a 100% clean diet, meatloaf is always in my diet. It's also a good way of getting all kinds of superfoods, greens, etc into your diet without even tasting it. Here's my base recipe that I use.

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground turkey
1 1/2 cups dry quick oats
3 large eggs
4 TBSP milled flax seed
4 TBSP chia seed
2 TBSP minced garlic
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
3 scoops powdered greens

Mix it all together and press into a 9x13 glass baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

But to make it even better and add some more carbs, I always mash up 6 potatoes and when the meatloaf is done cooking, I spread the potatoes on top of it and put it in the broiler on high for 5 minutes. Then slice it up like cake.

I always like changing the recipe up a bit. I never use 2 lbs of the same ground meat and I alternate between beef, pork, venison, bison, turkey and chicken. You can change up the flavor so much by doing that.

Enjoy.

made this last night, The girlfriend nearly proposed to me

Great eats, made enough for 2 days worth of dinner woot woot

G Diesel
06-10-13, 11:51 am
Awesome recipe bro. Thanks for sharing with us.

Peace, G

Bruiser
06-10-13, 11:53 am
made this last night, The girlfriend nearly proposed to me

Great eats, made enough for 2 days worth of dinner woot woot

You're welcome! I'll have to change the name to "it'll get ya some" meatloaf. And 2 days worth? Damn son, you need to eat more! Lol

Awesome recipe bro. Thanks for sharing with us.

Peace, G

No prob. People forget that the basic "meat and rice/oats" clean diet can include stuff like this!

RCAF
06-10-13, 1:04 pm
You're welcome! I'll have to change the name to "it'll get ya some" meatloaf. And 2 days worth? Damn son, you need to eat more! Lol

No prob. People forget that the basic "meat and rice/oats" clean diet can include stuff like this!

HAHA! MAN I eat plenty, Actually today is the first day of my new nutrition plan, and by 2 days worth I mean like 2 dinners worth of protein, Believe me I am eating

mcbeast
06-11-13, 10:46 am
BAM! I like it

Bruiser
06-11-13, 11:55 am
HAHA! MAN I eat plenty, Actually today is the first day of my new nutrition plan, and by 2 days worth I mean like 2 dinners worth of protein, Believe me I am eating

Good to hear!

BAM! I like it

You gotta love a recipe that is awesome when plain and you can just tweak it and add whatever the hell you want to it and it just keeps getting better! Make it even healthier (adding powdered greens and superfoods) or make it a little dirty (use the beef and pork combo) for extra calories! Make it Mexican (use taco seasoning and salsa) or Italian (minced garlic, oregano and Italian bread crumbs). The possibilities are endless.