PDA

View Full Version : is your gym open sun/mon

skibasgym
05-26-13, 1:45 am
an indicator about how hardcore your gym ls.
skibs

jrh0341
05-30-13, 11:49 am
Meh. I don't know if its an indicator of "hardcore"ness or not.

I use one of the Merritt gyms in Baltimore (the Canton one) and that place is 24/7 which is absolutely awesome convenience wise, but I don't know if that makes it hardcore.

Its basically a GloboGym kinda place. There's definitely some hard core lifters there, but there's also a fair share of spinners, yoga chicks, cyclists etc. Its whatever you want.

Its actually got a rep for being a meat market, since there's a lot of the young hot college crowd down there. (Hopkins folks maybe?) Fine with me. If I can go get a serious, heavy lift on without being bothered AND checkout some eye candy while I'm doing it, I'm all about it.

That said, any place that doesn't have chalk out and DOES have massage room, nail salon in the back, pop hits on the tv and opens a mini bar by the pool on saturday mornings definitely doesn't rate "hard core" to me.

(Definitely NOT complaining about the mini bar either. When you show up for Saturday morning arm day, and realize the back wall opens to a pool/patio full of hot bikini clad college chicks , drinking, tanning and semi-eye raping you, well that's nothing to complain about at all.)

Bruiser
05-30-13, 12:08 pm
It's in my garage, so it's ALWAYS open! I've had nights when I couldn't sleep so I'd go out and hit the heavy bag for a while. Or when I'd have a messed up dream and then go out and slam some plates around for a while. Gotta love grunting at 3am. Love it. Don't know what I'd do if I had to go into an actual gym...

skibasgym
05-30-13, 12:36 pm
[
,garage training rules for many some point in their lives
I made some great friends and great lifts in the hole
skibs

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
05-30-13, 4:38 pm
Jakked Hardcore gym sure is!