PDA

View Full Version : The_toths journey

THE_TOTH
05-29-13, 2:52 am
For those of you who recognize me, I had once posted "The American Journey" it fell short due to some extensive Military training I had to overcome, and also a lower back injury which had me out of the game for some time. While it may have ended, a new journey is underway. Not sure where Im headed, can't seem to find the light and the end of the tunnel, but the darkness calms me and I seem to find myself within it...

The New Beginning: I believe strongly, that once you have truly developed the mindset of pursuing greatness, you have ultimately achieved greatness. Because in this life, greatness and success seem to be the end of the road for some people. But, this road doesn't end. Not even when we wither away into the depths of this Earth, the road continues. May it be into the unknown, but tomorrow is just as unknown as death. This moment is what really matters. You are the moment. You define every moment of your life, and there are no ordinary moments in this life. Be great, and make every moment extraordinary. For you are, extraordinary.

My Life: Being a Marine, I am faced with constant battles of when I can train, eat, sleep and timing. It adds more of a challenge to this lifestyle, but like I said this is a lifestyle. I don't make excuses like most around me, I find ways to train everyday, eat my meals, and sleep an OK amount. We all face challenges like this, really its all the same for all of us, gotta deal with bullshit at work, bullshit at home, bullshit with your friends, but when it comes to this life... Excuses don't exist, and when we swing the doors open and walk inside the gym, none of the bullshit matters. Just another day at work.

Training: I have mandatory group PT 3 days a week which consist of running in the mountains, good way to get my cardio in I guess. Besides that, all my work is put in at the gym. I don't have much of a routine, I train what I feel needs the most work on that day. I dont train with reps or sets I train till failure every damn set, and thats just the way I like it. If anyone feels the need to comment on this feel free I always like suggestions. I stand a whole 5ft 7inches tall and my current weight is roughly 180. Right now, Im cutting and seeing where I stand in terms of my physique. From there I plan on obviously getting bigger but just trying to lose the last bit of bodyfat I have left.

Goals: If I stay in California, Im looking to compete in the 2014 San Diego Championships in March. Gives me roughly 40 weeks. I would compete sooner, but this will be my first comp and 1st place is my only goal, and I WILL be ready. If anyone has any advice on that, Ill sure take it!

And lastly the Journey: Im going to post as often as I can, I like it here. Gives me a place to vent my thoughts and I feel welcomed in the Animal community, I think we all feel a little different then our peers, but here we are the same. We are one. So, stand-by for some future great posts filled with my training, nutrition, and rants about life. Its good to be back brothers!