PDA

View Full Version : War With Oneself

Riffmaster
05-29-13, 8:57 pm
People always say "Go to war with the weights." That's not how I like to look at it. I like to think my mind is going to war with my body, and I'm using those weights as my arsenal. You have to attack on all fronts, coming from all sides, and completely destroy your muscles. It's like The House said, you have to completely tear your house down and build it from the bottom up (paraphrased a bit). What are your thoughts on it? Are you against the weights, or against all those who have rejected you, torn you down, laughed at your lunchbox full of chicken, tried to stare you down everywhere you went? Your body becomes a stronger adversary, and you need to increase your arsenal every time battle is upon you. Stay strong, Animals. Feel free to share your thoughts, goals, and any battles you've one this week, next week, and all weeks after.

-Riffmaster

LoneWoIf
06-06-13, 1:45 am
You go to war with yourself.. The weights are just a tool for destruction, a simple measurement of progress no more no less. The war is between oneself and their mentality, to look themselves in the mirror day in and day out and ask them self do i want to push myself today? Or just be a lazy piece of shit. The war is between the person and the distance to the gym, the sacrifices made for a daily routine. The routine that we all make and when we miss a day or fall out of the routine the feeling is undescribable hatred (at least to me it is).

To answer your question.. for me its not a war between the weights but my own mentality, to consistently better myself and sculpt my ultimate physique. Its about paying your F******* Dues!!!

Riffmaster
06-06-13, 7:43 am
You go to war with yourself.. The weights are just a tool for destruction, a simple measurement of progress no more no less. The war is between oneself and their mentality, to look themselves in the mirror day in and day out and ask them self do i want to push myself today? Or just be a lazy piece of shit. The war is between the person and the distance to the gym, the sacrifices made for a daily routine. The routine that we all make and when we miss a day or fall out of the routine the feeling is undescribable hatred (at least to me it is).

To answer your question.. for me its not a war between the weights but my own mentality, to consistently better myself and sculpt my ultimate physique. Its about paying your F******* Dues!!!

Glad someone finally chimed in on this thought. I feel sorry for the people that are obese by choice that look in the mirror and are satisfied. You gotta get out there and do something. And to those who are afraid to start because they don't want to be made fun of, or they think there's no hope, EVERYBODY starts somewhere. Look at me. I'm no paradigm of fitness, but I wasted countless hours sitting around watching the room spin or putting scars into myself, hours and flesh I'll never get back. But with every breath, rep, set, triumph and failure, those scars fade mentally, and those empty hours made whole. I was a 175lbs drug addict. Now I'm a pretty lean 202lbs person that has people asking for advice daily. If you're struggling with anything out there, please don't be afraid to ask for help, with anything. You don't have to battle the weights, battle everything that's ever told you no, you ain't good enough. Who cares if you aren't as strong as the guy that's been lifting 20 years? You just started your journey. Every time I'm in the gym I visualize all the people that called me a failure, or a waste of space. All the people that early on in my life decided to label me a ***got because I hung out with girls (how that's gay I'll never know). It pushes me. Find what pushes you. Point is, you have a choice. It's up to you to make it. YOU ARE YOUR MAKER.

LoneWoIf
06-08-13, 12:32 am
Glad someone finally chimed in on this thought. I feel sorry for the people that are obese by choice that look in the mirror and are satisfied. You gotta get out there and do something. And to those who are afraid to start because they don't want to be made fun of, or they think there's no hope, EVERYBODY starts somewhere. Look at me. I'm no paradigm of fitness, but I wasted countless hours sitting around watching the room spin or putting scars into myself, hours and flesh I'll never get back. But with every breath, rep, set, triumph and failure, those scars fade mentally, and those empty hours made whole. I was a 175lbs drug addict. Now I'm a pretty lean 202lbs person that has people asking for advice daily. If you're struggling with anything out there, please don't be afraid to ask for help, with anything. You don't have to battle the weights, battle everything that's ever told you no, you ain't good enough. Who cares if you aren't as strong as the guy that's been lifting 20 years? You just started your journey. Every time I'm in the gym I visualize all the people that called me a failure, or a waste of space. All the people that early on in my life decided to label me a ***got because I hung out with girls (how that's gay I'll never know). It pushes me. Find what pushes you. Point is, you have a choice. It's up to you to make it. YOU ARE YOUR MAKER.

Like you said its not about what the guy next to you is lifting or the guy on the other side of the gym is lifting its about what you lift and pushing forward. Also I feel if you are someone who is to afraid to start because you maybe too Fat or too skinny and you feel others will make fun of you. The first thing about this lifestyle is not worrying about what other people fucking think or do its 100% yourself, secondly if someone makes fun of you in the gym and if they are or arent in better shape than you they havent learned what this lifestyle is really about, its about respecting yourself and if they arent doing that than they have much too learn they are the wannabes they are the SHEEP... Either you can be a sheep or man up and become a WOLF.. The choice is yours brothers

Riffmaster
06-08-13, 6:36 pm
Like you said its not about what the guy next to you is lifting or the guy on the other side of the gym is lifting its about what you lift and pushing forward. Also I feel if you are someone who is to afraid to start because you maybe too Fat or too skinny and you feel others will make fun of you. The first thing about this lifestyle is not worrying about what other people fucking think or do its 100% yourself, secondly if someone makes fun of you in the gym and if they are or arent in better shape than you they havent learned what this lifestyle is really about, its about respecting yourself and if they arent doing that than they have much too learn they are the wannabes they are the SHEEP... Either you can be a sheep or man up and become a WOLF.. The choice is yours brothers

Very well put my friend, very well put. It doesn't matter how big and badass you think you are, there will always be somebody bigger, stronger, just flat out more experienced than you. That doesn't mean you should feel less than that person. It means you bust your ass until you become more than them, and then find a next victim to out-do. As long as you're putting in 200%, you are doing the best you can, nobody can take a thing from you.