PDA

View Full Version : Need input on my current strength program

RCAF
05-30-13, 1:17 pm
Some background

I am a 27 year old member of the Canadian armed forces. Currently @ 238lbs, 6'0 tall

I was @ 310lbs jan 1st 2013

I run everymorning with my unit, and then I do Abdominal training on my own, to even it out at a 1 hour morning workout

my weight training I do on my own and after work, before my javelin practice

Day 1 - chest and back

flat bench 225/10 235/8 245/6 then I go 1 rep until im maxed out, currently @ 275 as my 1rm

Decline bench 185/20 225/15 225/8

Deadlifts Stiff legged 225/6 235/ 5 245/ 3

Lat pulls whatever i feel like for 4 sets. increasing as much as i want or feel until its entire stack with solid form

behind the neck pulls whatever i feel like for 4 sets. increasing as much as i want or feel until its entire stack with solid form

This is day 1, Workout 1 i have 2 workouts for chest/back shoulders/bis/tris legs than day 7 I do jumprope and sprints

I am conserned if this is enough Volume.

ps.... Thanks for the input fellow Swole monsters

zubda345
06-06-13, 12:14 pm
do YOU think and FEEL it is enough? If your body has nothing left after that and it's just demanding energy after all that or when its about to finish, I would say it's enough. If your seeing progress I would say it's enough. If you feel good about it I would say it's enough...

BTW how's your squating? I think squating is imp for you

RCAF
06-07-13, 3:12 pm
do YOU think and FEEL it is enough? If your body has nothing left after that and it's just demanding energy after all that or when its about to finish, I would say it's enough. If your seeing progress I would say it's enough. If you feel good about it I would say it's enough...

BTW how's your squating? I think squating is imp for you

Thanks, Some days I feel it is enough, other days I Feel as tho I am winded but not exhausted

My squats are every third day, I have been doin 5x5 front, 5x5 back squats, with 225lbs

I never add or remove weight, I just go Ass to Ground and really feel the stretch, before I do my legpresses and isolation excercises

I know its not heavy, and its not alot, but being so heavy for so long has effected my form, so for the next month I am just really focising on form.

Would you reccommend heavier setS?

BamBam
06-07-13, 3:50 pm
A lot of this depends on your current goals.. I know you are a member of the armed forces, but what are the long term goal(s)?

If you are benching, doing front/back squats/ and deadlifts then you already have the basics covered... most don't even have that. Best way to look at a strength program, is "what has worked for the longest?" Meaning, which lifts, have strong guys/gals done for years that I should do too

Chest/Bench strength

Bench
Incline
Shit ton of DB work on the two above
Pushups on different angles and levels

Back/Deadlift Strength

Deadlifts
Stiff legs
Rows
More rows
Pullups

Legs/Squat Strength

High bar squats
Low bar squats
front squats
Lunges

Now from here, you can play with your accessory work and rep ranges.

RCAF
06-10-13, 11:25 am
Thanks, Some days I feel it is enough, other days I Feel as tho I am winded but not exhausted

My squats are every third day, I have been doin 5x5 front, 5x5 back squats, with 225lbs

I never add or remove weight, I just go Ass to Ground and really feel the stretch, before I do my legpresses and isolation excercises

I know its not heavy, and its not alot, but being so heavy for so long has effected my form, so for the next month I am just really focising on form.

Would you reccommend heavier setS?

Hey, can i send you a personal message of my program that I have been using for the last 3 months, and maybe we can tweek it?

I entered the Bodybuilding.com 6 week challenge that starts in 7 days so I would like a nice 6 week program to get the best results -

I am committed to every fucking rep and set in the next 6 weeks, My MAIN GOAL LONG TERM is to become as Strong as possible, so powerlifting is my rep range I would like to stay in!

I will type out my program today after work, and post it in the forum for tweeking and ill PM you personally to see what we can change

BamBam
06-10-13, 11:28 am
Hey, can i send you a personal message of my program that I have been using for the last 3 months, and maybe we can tweek it?

I entered the Bodybuilding.com 6 week challenge that starts in 7 days so I would like a nice 6 week program to get the best results -

I am committed to every fucking rep and set in the next 6 weeks, My MAIN GOAL LONG TERM is to become as Strong as possible, so powerlifting is my rep range I would like to stay in!

I will type out my program today after work, and post it in the forum for tweeking and ill PM you personally to see what we can change

Anything ya need brother that's what we are here for

RCAF
06-10-13, 2:13 pm

thanks broseph, I have found more information relevant to my lifting interests on this site in a week than I have in the last year of my weightloss transformation

BamBam
06-10-13, 2:59 pm
thanks broseph, I have found more information relevant to my lifting interests on this site in a week than I have in the last year of my weightloss transformation

That will happen more than you know... over and over. That is just one of the reaosn this place is so great. it's always growing, evolving..

BB-