PDA

View Full Version : My mind says go, My body cant keep up...

JDMZ
05-30-13, 10:05 pm
So basicly I feel like I fucked up. Last year I was in the best shape of my life out of high school working out just got a good job working 60 hours a week. I kept up my training and diet and it all feel apart. I want it back bad! When I go to work out I feel sluggish tired and drained. My lifts aren't what they were because of my slaking. My diet is very good. Can anyone relate to this? I need help to get motivated and stay motivated to get an energy boost. How do you work out when your tired? I know it sounds pretty pussy but im working my way up. I work out 4/5 days a week.

Thanks.

Riffmaster
05-31-13, 8:54 am
Bro, I've been there. The summer after high school after I had started taking the gym seriously I was working in a warehouse 80+ hours a week. Total bull. I went to the gym any time I could, but eventually just got super burned out. Eventually I was able to quit my job for another, and picked the weights back up. But trust me man, it's not pussy at all. The body can only take so much, and anyone working over even just 40 hours a week is being drained physically AND mentally. It takes its toll. You just have to set that goal, you have to push yourself. Do whatever it takes to get yourself there and to persevere. Keep updating on how it's going. I'm sure plenty of these other guys are willing to push you as well, if you're willing to push yourself. You can do this brother. Get back to where you were, and go even further. You got this. Best of luck my friend.

KettleBellFreak
05-31-13, 11:50 am
So basicly I feel like I fucked up. Last year I was in the best shape of my life out of high school working out just got a good job working 60 hours a week. I kept up my training and diet and it all feel apart. I want it back bad! When I go to work out I feel sluggish tired and drained. My lifts aren't what they were because of my slaking. My diet is very good. Can anyone relate to this? I need help to get motivated and stay motivated to get an energy boost. How do you work out when your tired? I know it sounds pretty pussy but im working my way up. I work out 4/5 days a week.

Thanks.

Drink Rage and find something to get mad at before you lift, then attack the weights. You'll get hyped up at some point.

RaisingTheBar
05-31-13, 2:13 pm
Break the cycle. Take a deload week. Play around with your diet. Cheat. Get away from whatever you've been doing the past few months. Take a vacation, if life allows it. See a bodybuilding show or powerlifting meet. See a cirque du soleil show (those dudes and women are JACKED) Go hiking, fishing, skydiving.

Whenever I get in a rut, I shake things up. Unless something is going on that's physically draining you, it's all mental. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something different. To get stronger, you always change up exercises, angles, and rep schemes to continue growth, well the same thing goes with life.

Watching this won't hurt either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ&list=PLC37C50C1C28E9834

Chivalry
05-31-13, 3:17 pm
Break the cycle. Take a deload week. Play around with your diet. Cheat. Get away from whatever you've been doing the past few months. Take a vacation, if life allows it. See a bodybuilding show or powerlifting meet. See a cirque du soleil show (those dudes and women are JACKED) Go hiking, fishing, skydiving.

Whenever I get in a rut, I shake things up. Unless something is going on that's physically draining you, it's all mental. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something different. To get stronger, you always change up exercises, angles, and rep schemes to continue growth, well the same thing goes with life.

Watching this won't hurt either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ&list=PLC37C50C1C28E9834

Solid fuckin' words, bro. Can't help but agree. If something is not working, you've got to change it.

Riffmaster
06-01-13, 6:31 pm
Solid fuckin' words, bro. Can't help but agree. If something is not working, you've got to change it.

I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak for this, but could someone kind of give a quick rundown on deloading? I'm sure I'll know what it is once it's described, I just know things by different names. Or perhaps I really have no idea what it is. Either way, I'd appreciate a small description. The only way to not be stupid is to ask questions..

KettleBellFreak
06-01-13, 10:01 pm
I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak for this, but could someone kind of give a quick rundown on deloading? I'm sure I'll know what it is once it's described, I just know things by different names. Or perhaps I really have no idea what it is. Either way, I'd appreciate a small description. The only way to not be stupid is to ask questions..

just a week you drop the weight like a good 40 or 50%,eat like a fat bastard and recover.

Riffmaster
06-01-13, 10:58 pm
just a week you drop the weight like a good 40 or 50%,eat like a fat bastard and recover.

yeah i'm familiar with the technique just unsure of the title. Thanks for clearing that up for me man.