PDA

View Full Version : Watch The Throne

Kingslayer
06-16-13, 7:33 pm
This "Journey" has been a long time coming. I honestly don't even know where to start. I've been pretty quite on the forums but always very interested with the site. After reading through the first couple pages of different posts from the ANIMALS I've decided to keep my own log. I definitely want to update this thing every single day I train for the next 15 weeks. Why 15 weeks? Hell I don't know but come September 29th I'll be pigging out and downing brews while my Cowboys come to San Diego and whip on the Chargers. That doesn't really have anything to do with why I'm keeping this log. This is actually more for me. I don't care about followers or likes or comments, sure write whatever you want but that's not what this is for. I've been an athlete my entire life. I was heavily into martial arts as a kid. Started playing football in 8th grade and took it all the way up through the collegiate level. Now here I am at 26 just a regular guy working a 9-5. That doesn't mean my competitive nature has gone anywhere. I've got some goals and some things I want to try just for the sake of bettering myself as an athlete and a person. So this "Journey" will be my documented transformation to getting into the best shape of my life. Hitting the field again in the Fall taking on the amazing sport of rugby and also entering the MMA world to learn new disciplines, strength and conditioning techniques, and just overall fitness improvement. I know some of the people reading this probably chuckled at that last bit. It's okay, that'll come along the way but at the end of the day, I'll only get out of this what I put in and I'm going to put in everything I have and then some. Watch the throne.

Kingslayer
06-19-13, 5:04 pm
First day in the gym getting up at 5AM is going to take some getting used to. I enjoy training in the morning originally with a "get it out of the way" attitude but now with more of a kick start attitude. I go to a commercial gym it's packed in the afternoons so training post work is pointless. It's a ghost town in the morning so I have freedom to move around and focus on different areas without waiting or rushing through anything. Right now I'm lifting weights 4 times a week on a upper/lower split routine this gives my body two days of recovery before hitting the same section again. My split looks like this: M - Upper / T - Lower / W - Off / Th - Upper / F - Lower. I do this simply to maintain strength and power without focusing too much on gaining size even though I'm sure at the end of the cycle it's inevitable. I'm not bodybuilding, I'm not powerlifting, I'm working on overall physique and training a lot more for functionality along with some weight loss. The 3 other days I'm not lifting weights are very cardio heavy days. Some HIIT mixed with some long distance stuff as well as sprints/gassers/suicides whatever you prefer to call it. I do about an hour of cardio, 30 minutes of boxing, and then end it with some stretching and I do this 3 times a week. It's going to be a lot of fun which is important to me because it is hard work and I know I'll get discouraged and unfocused as with most things so I think this way having the plan and sticking to it while mixing it up a long the way with different exercises and disciplines it'll be good for me. Here's todays workout:

Bench Press 4 x 15
Incline Bench Press 4 x 12
Arnold Press 4 x 10
Lateral Front Raise 4 x 12
Lateral Side Raise 4 x 10
T-Bar Row 4 x 8
Hammer Curl 4 x 12
Rope Pushdown 4 x 10

Before lifting I like to get a good sweat going so I'll get on the bike for about 15 minutes and simulate some HIIT with 2 minutes on 1 minute off. It wakes me up, gets the blood flowing and then I can focus completely on the weights. Stay tuned for the next post! This is only the beginning!

Kingslayer
06-21-13, 5:30 pm
Friday - 2nd Leg Day of the week. It's going to be bittersweet. The weekend is here and you've gotta end it right. Short and sweet here's the workout:

Squat - 4 x 8
Walking Lunges - 4 x 10
Good Morning - 4 x 12
Standing Calf Raises - 4 x 20
Hanging Deadlift - 4 x 8
Bodyweight Squat - 4 x 15

Finish it off with a little ab circuit. Crunches, Sit and Twist, and some Med Ball Throws. Feels good to be back at it. See y'all Monday.

Firefist
06-21-13, 6:36 pm
Good to have you onboard brother. Stay focused and dedicated. 15 weeks goes by fast, but a lot of shit can happen in 15. Show us what you got big homie.

Kingslayer
07-18-13, 3:13 am
This thread went from motivating to forgotten. Like I said before it wasn't for y'all it was for me. Well I let myself down. We're going to try this again. I tipped the scale today at 366lbs. That's fucking massive in the worst way. I went through some life stuff and really let myself go instead of using this forum as a tool. After seeing that number on the scale my heart dropped. It's the heaviest I've ever been. Heavier than anyone needs to be. But I won't go one pound heavier. Not fucking one. So I'm going to start this again tomorrow bright and early at 6AM and I'm going to fucking do it right this time. I'm focused and determined. But most of all I need this. Or I'm going to die.

Kingslayer
07-19-13, 10:35 pm
Everybody enjoy their weekend. Mine will be filled with rugby on Saturday and family time on Sunday before team USA takes on El Salvador in the quarter finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup! See y'all bright and early on Monday ready to work!

Kingslayer
07-30-13, 4:13 pm
Quick update

Training is going great. Gonna start posting the workouts and the amounts for you guys. I want to say congratulations to the OMBAC rugby team out here in San Diego. Qualified for nationals and also performed well on the social side. Things are looking up. Wednesday is an off day so I'll be back with some info on Thursday. Cheers.