PDA

View Full Version : Slam Bars and Kill PR's

FiremanDan
06-25-13, 10:58 am
Sup Animals. I took a hiatus to sort out some stuff in my life and took some serious self reflection. But now I'm back. I'll give you a little background info on myself. I'm 26 years old. I'm a career firefighter. My interests are not bodybuilding (I'm already big enough), not necessarily powerlifting. I'll just put it straight. I'm an Olympic lifter. It's what I do and have come to find I'm really good at. I've been into exercising and playing sports my whole life but I didn't really find my true passion until I was 2 years out of college and a guy I worked with showed me the olympic lifts. Little did I know my coach, mentor, and friend was a 7 time world champion and also worked with the 1964 Olympic weightlifting team and was friends with Paul Anderson. I would come to love the sport as much as he does. I love to train everyday. Even on my off days I want to go to the gym and go to war on the weights. I've recently been training with Olympian Jon North in Charlotte, NC at his gym down there.

Here's my numbers:

Snatch: 260 lbs (118 kg)
Clean and Jerk: 308 (140kg)
Bench: 345
Back squat: 500
Front Squat: 405
Deadlift: 545

Firefist
06-25-13, 11:15 am
Awesome, welcome back. I've been trying to get into oly lifting myself. Will definitely be good to learn from this log. Big front squat you got there homie.

FiremanDan
06-26-13, 7:15 pm
Hit the gym pretty hard today. Not really sure what has come over me lately but I've been killing it every time I go in. Possibly it's a different mindset. I used to go in and be very relaxed and care free and hit pretty good weights but now I've come into the gym and go to war. I bring something out of me that I can't really explain. I guess it's some kind of inner rage. The more I've trained with Jon and the more I've watched a Swedish lifter named Milko Tokola I've been more psyched to go to the gym and destroy it. Look this guy up on youtube. If there was ever someone who was a true animal in the gym, it's this guy.

FiremanDan
07-02-13, 9:26 pm
today was a rough day in the gym. Didn't really get focused on my goals today. I didn't hit the numbers I wanted to hit in the power snatch. I just couldn't seem to find a rhythm. My forearms were about to kill me as they felt like the were just going to completely tear altogether. I'm thinking this is either one of two things. Either I need to do more warm ups and stretching, or my body was feeling wrecked from the night before. My profession is the fire service and I'm on the busiest truck in the city so sleeping through the night doesn't happen much. If I have the time I like to sleep when I get home but that's not always the case. I like a little bit of Rage mixed with some coffee to get me going. It sounds nasty as hell but damn does it work. My clean and jerks went well in the morning with a few ascending height box jumps to end the workout. I later came back and hit some serious weights tonight and hit 300 lbs for a triple which was a pretty good PR for me with all the days shenanigans between training sessions. Couldn't get a nap in to save my life. i noticed something about myself today. The company of like minded people who love to lift makes my training that much better. I love to train with others. We feed off each others positivity even in the stupidly humid NC weather. Dammit I love to lift and I love my brother weightlifters.

FiremanDan
07-09-13, 9:46 pm
Latest PR's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWRHFjv3ttk&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaXHhK57Zg&feature=youtu.be