PDA

View Full Version : Progress: 2 1/2 years and 100 lbs later

Bruiser
06-25-13, 9:49 pm
2 1/2 years of progress:
On the left - December 2010 (140 lbs)
On the right - June 2013 (240 lbs)

2 1/2 years, 100 lbs, and a lot of blood, sweat, chalk and food later...

In that time I dealt with many injuries, hospital stays (pancreatitis), time off and days I just questioned why I do it at all. Hell, the first 6 months all I had was a pair of 20 lb DBs! I came across the "before" pics and realized I wanted to share this. People always ask me why I do what I do. Question answered.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/image_zps3037fc36.jpg (http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/pierce76/media/image_zps3037fc36.jpg.html)

mike22
06-25-13, 10:04 pm
2 1/2 years of progress:
On the left - December 2010 (140 lbs)
On the right - June 2013 (240 lbs)

2 1/2 years, 100 lbs, and a lot of blood, sweat, chalk and food later...

In that time I dealt with many injuries, hospital stays (pancreatitis), time off and days I just questioned why I do it at all. Hell, the first 6 months all I had was a pair of 20 lb DBs! I came across the "before" pics and realized I wanted to share this. People always ask me why I do what I do. Question answered.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/image_zps3037fc36.jpg (http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/pierce76/media/image_zps3037fc36.jpg.html)

Good for you man keep it up

Nix0r
06-25-13, 10:22 pm
That pre-workout syrup is gonna kill your gains.

:)

deanna7272
06-25-13, 10:28 pm
Again, great progress... You should definitely be proud...

R-Man
06-25-13, 11:00 pm
nice job bro

Bruiser
06-26-13, 7:56 am
Good for you man keep it up

Thanks. I'm working on it.

That pre-workout syrup is gonna kill your gains.

:)

Lol

Again, great progress... You should definitely be proud...

Thanks hon.

nice job bro

Appreciate it.

RaisingTheBar
06-26-13, 1:21 pm
Wow, sick gains! Keep it up!

Bruiser
06-26-13, 2:06 pm
Wow, sick gains! Keep it up!

Thanks man!

RODDY
06-26-13, 2:58 pm
thats amazing dude! experienced any bad stretching of tattoos?? (naturally, right)

Bruiser
06-26-13, 4:03 pm
thats amazing dude! experienced any bad stretching of tattoos?? (naturally, right)

Thanks. Not bad actually but a few have. Mostly anything with a lot of detail had morphed a little. After BIG cheat days my wife says the Working Class rocker on my stomach gets a stutter because the letters stretch out! Lol. Of course the ones on the back of my neck get swallowed up now though.

RODDY
06-26-13, 4:32 pm
Thanks. Not bad actually but a few have. Mostly anything with a lot of detail had morphed a little. After BIG cheat days my wife says the Working Class rocker on my stomach gets a stutter because the letters stretch out! Lol. Of course the ones on the back of my neck get swallowed up now though.
right on, thats has been my main reason for not blasting my arms and such, i was afraid of any bad stretching. But right on dude thanks

Goldstone
06-27-13, 12:10 pm
Awesome progress, man.

My tattoo artist (I have a sleeve on my right arm) said I'd basically have to literally double the size of my arm for it to warp or stretch to any significant degree. Just bigger canvas for my next pieces!

Bruiser
06-27-13, 12:32 pm
Awesome progress, man.

My tattoo artist (I have a sleeve on my right arm) said I'd basically have to literally double the size of my arm for it to warp or stretch to any significant degree. Just bigger canvas for my next pieces!

Thanks! Yeah, everybody always thinks that their ink will stretch or look bad... I think it's just an excuse not to lift! Lol

G Diesel
06-27-13, 1:06 pm
Damn that dude is BLOCKED. Ridiculous gains bro. Very impressive.

Peace, G

Bruiser
06-27-13, 1:15 pm
Damn that dude is BLOCKED. Ridiculous gains bro. Very impressive.

Peace, G

Thanks G! That means a lot coming from you. Just wait to see what the rest of this year brings.

JHOORNSTRA
06-28-13, 1:44 pm
Damn...slight progress I guess...haha. Night and day bro, bad ass...good job...I take it you're a firefighter or were at one point?

JHo

Bruiser
06-28-13, 3:36 pm
Damn...slight progress I guess...haha. Night and day bro, bad ass...good job...I take it you're a firefighter or were at one point?

JHo

Thanks a ton bro. Yeah, I was a firefighter but when my son was born I took some time off. Then when he was diagnosed with Autism my priorities changed big time! I ended up going from firefighter to stay at home dad. You wanna talk about a big change? Lol. But actually my son is the reason I'm where I'm at now. I had lifted for a long time and hurt my back. Ended up with a botched back surgery, nerve damage and in a wheel chair for several months. The surgeon damaged two more disks while NOT fixing the one he was supposed to. Never said a word! Waited 6 months to get me into PT, but by then the disks had fused themselves together! I was told I would ever lift even 20 lbs again. But after my son was diagnosed I knew the battles he would face the rest of his life, and realized I had no reason at all to not push myself! And here I am. Just trying to be as big and strong as the superhero he sees me as...

Bruiser
06-28-13, 3:38 pm

JHo

Thanks a ton bro. Yeah, I was a firefighter but when my son was born I took some time off. Then when he was diagnosed with Autism my priorities changed big time! I ended up going from firefighter to stay at home dad. You wanna talk about a big change? Lol. But actually my son is the reason I'm where I'm at now. I had lifted for a long time and hurt my back. Ended up with a botched back surgery, nerve damage and in a wheel chair for several months. The surgeon damaged two more disks while NOT fixing the one he was supposed to. Never said a word! Waited 6 months to get me into PT, but by then the disks had fused themselves together! I was told I would ever lift even 20 lbs again. But after my son was diagnosed I knew the battles he would face the rest of his life, and realized I had no reason at all to not push myself! And here I am. Just trying to be as big and strong as the superhero he sees me as...

Also, after I got clean and sober... I didn't fit in down at the firehouse. Those boys spend as much time at the bar as they do on call. And that had no place in my life anymore so there was no pace for me there.

JHOORNSTRA
06-28-13, 3:47 pm

That's awesome man, funny how things can seem bad yet help everyone grow and be better together. I have a friend who has a twin brother that has some disease and he can't walk, Muscular Dyst. or something not sure exactly, but he told his dad he wanted to do a triathlon and his dad swam it pulling him, rode him on a bike and carried him running...awesome story, yet thanks his son for saving his life as his health was getting bad, heart problems, etc and now is the healthiest he's ever been. Congrats on being strong for your son. I'm sure he will always admire you for it.

JHo

World Eater
06-29-13, 10:56 am
That's awesome man, funny how things can seem bad yet help everyone grow and be better together. I have a friend who has a twin brother that has some disease and he can't walk, Muscular Dyst. or something not sure exactly, but he told his dad he wanted to do a triathlon and his dad swam it pulling him, rode him on a bike and carried him running...awesome story, yet thanks his son for saving his life as his health was getting bad, heart problems, etc and now is the healthiest he's ever been. Congrats on being strong for your son. I'm sure he will always admire you for it.

JHo
Is it these guys you're talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHkejvzGD_s

Bruiser
06-29-13, 11:04 am

JHo

That's amazing. I think I've seen there story. And yeah, my MiniMe looks up to me so much, it really helps keep me grounded.

TGoetsch
06-30-13, 10:19 am
IMPRESSIVE progress, Bruiser, and inspiring story!

JHOORNSTRA
06-30-13, 7:41 pm
Is it these guys you're talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHkejvzGD_s

Actually no, but I've seen them also...I went to FSU with his brother is how we actually met and worked on his workout routine.

JHOORNSTRA
06-30-13, 7:42 pm
That's amazing. I think I've seen there story. And yeah, my MiniMe looks up to me so much, it really helps keep me grounded.

I feel ya man, nothing better than seeing the admiration in their eyes, hearing them say my Daddy is the strongest..but I'm sure almost all kids think that their dad is superman. I'm glad you are being that for him. It says a lot about who you are. Family is always first. No one ever regretted not breaking a record over spending time with their son.

Bruiser
07-01-13, 7:35 am
I feel ya man, nothing better than seeing the admiration in their eyes, hearing them say my Daddy is the strongest..but I'm sure almost all kids think that their dad is superman. I'm glad you are being that for him. It says a lot about who you are. Family is always first. No one ever regretted not breaking a record over spending time with their son.

Thanks man. Yeah it's always hard for me to train over the summer. My gym is in my garage so all summer long I'll be training and thinking my little man is just sitting inside awaiting to be cuddled. It's not easy trying to push my training sessions to 1 1/2-2 hours. Some days I just run inside between sets! So I'm not away from hm that long. It's different when I'm training up at Madtown or down at Jakked because I'm not right there 50 ft fom him and he's got somebody to visit with on those days too.

JHOORNSTRA
07-01-13, 8:38 am
Thanks man. Yeah it's always hard for me to train over the summer. My gym is in my garage so all summer long I'll be training and thinking my little man is just sitting inside awaiting to be cuddled. It's not easy trying to push my training sessions to 1 1/2-2 hours. Some days I just run inside between sets! So I'm not away from hm that long. It's different when I'm training up at Madtown or down at Jakked because I'm not right there 50 ft fom him and he's got somebody to visit with on those days too.

That's cool...just think, soon he's gonna want to be like Daddy and ask to start lifting...

Bruiser
07-01-13, 9:30 am
That's cool...just think, soon he's gonna want to be like Daddy and ask to start lifting...

He's already asking! And he eats 100% clean. Every morning for breakfast he has a shake with almond milk, 2% milk, chocolate flavored superfood powder, natty PB, organic banana and local honey.

JHOORNSTRA
07-01-13, 10:41 am
He's already asking! And he eats 100% clean. Every morning for breakfast he has a shake with almond milk, 2% milk, chocolate flavored superfood powder, natty PB, organic banana and local honey.

Nice...mine too...he loves protein shakes and is always asking for some...

Bruiser
07-01-13, 11:03 am
Nice...mine too...he loves protein shakes and is always asking for some...

I have not give him protein shakes yet. He already smells like me now! Lol

JHOORNSTRA
07-01-13, 1:17 pm
I have not give him protein shakes yet. He already smells like me now! Lol

haha, nice

QuikNutZ
07-01-13, 10:22 pm
WOW!!! Thats amazing!!! It makes me think theres a chance for me and putting on some real size... Ive only been at this for about 9-10 months now so time will tell. THANK YOU SIR!!!

Bruiser
07-13-13, 8:00 am
WOW!!! Thats amazing!!! It makes me think theres a chance for me and putting on some real size... Ive only been at this for about 9-10 months now so time will tell. THANK YOU SIR!!!

No problem! Thanks bud. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Bruiser
01-09-14, 2:07 pm
It's now been 3 years. Here's another progress pic.

Top left: Dec 2010 - 140 lbs
Top right: April 2011 - 185 lbs
Bottom left: June 2013 - 240 lbs
Bottom right: Dec 2013 - 270 lbs

Right now I'm sitting around 275.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/image_zpsebf0fd14.jpg (http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/pierce76/media/image_zpsebf0fd14.jpg.html)

N. Motta
01-09-14, 6:20 pm
That's crazy.

Are you a firefighter?

intoodeep25
01-09-14, 8:17 pm
Bruiser that is some progress you have made. Very good job. Like yourself I started out around 155 and now sit at 280. To anyone reading this thread wondering if you can do it too YOU CAN, 100%. It takes a ton of dedication, hard work and sacrifice but it can be done. Sick work Bruiser.

Bruiser
01-09-14, 9:43 pm
That's crazy.

Are you a firefighter?

I was for over a year until my son was born. After that my priorities changed. Now I'm a stay at home dad with two great kids and we'll be adopting another in June!

Bruiser that is some progress you have made. Very good job. Like yourself I started out around 155 and now sit at 280. To anyone reading this thread wondering if you can do it too YOU CAN, 100%. It takes a ton of dedication, hard work and sacrifice but it can be done. Sick work Bruiser.

Exactly. Lift. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. It really is that fucking easy. You just have to keep doing it.

N. Motta
01-09-14, 10:46 pm
That's cool man.

30 pounds in 6 months? Jeebus.

rainman
01-10-14, 4:35 am
10 pounds of that must be traps alone.

Seriously impressive work.

Bruiser
01-10-14, 7:38 am
That's cool man.

30 pounds in 6 months? Jeebus.

A big part of that was it was my first 6 months in a gym. I only trained alone in my garage up to that point with limited equipment. So having all the equipment I could ever need and Pete Rubish as a training partner... 30 lbs was easy! Lol

10 pounds of that must be traps alone.

Seriously impressive work.

Lol. Thanks bud. I actually hit traps 3x week.

papercut
01-10-14, 5:22 pm
this transformation is inspirational Bruiser. keep grinding bro

Cellardweller
01-11-14, 1:40 pm
Awesome Leigh. Thats inspiring. Busting your ass pays off.