PDA

View Full Version : Front squats

BeastMode62
06-27-13, 1:43 am
Hey guys just ha a quick question for anyone with sum knowledge...I do front squats generally more than I do back squats and never do them both on the same day...my front squat form is pretty flawless, and I don't even wear a belt while going heavy(405lbs). I however was watching a YouTube video of grant higga front squatting and it looked like he had wrist wraps wrapped around the bar an was using those to hold on too instead of crossing his hands around the bar which I do. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on the wraps an what they help with???
Thanks guys

ACarter92
06-27-13, 9:49 pm
Hey guys just ha a quick question for anyone with sum knowledge...I do front squats generally more than I do back squats and never do them both on the same day...my front squat form is pretty flawless, and I don't even wear a belt while going heavy(405lbs). I however was watching a YouTube video of grant higga front squatting and it looked like he had wrist wraps wrapped around the bar an was using those to hold on too instead of crossing his hands around the bar which I do. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on the wraps an what they help with???
Thanks guys

It can make it easier to hold onto the bar if you aren't comfortable or flexible enough to use a front rack or cross arm position. Btw, 405 beltless front squat is awesome dude!

Wrath
07-24-13, 11:01 am
405 front squat nice!!

Firefist
07-24-13, 11:12 am
Its a flexibility thing as mentioned. I do em with straps too.

405 front is a beast of a lift.

skibasgym
07-26-13, 8:52 pm
used to take the straps and wrap
around the bar and hold upright to help control the bar...
sometimes easier,sometimes feels like a ton.
Skibs

JHOORNSTRA
07-28-13, 9:44 pm
I'm not flexible enough to hold like an olympic lifter after the clean, so I have to rest bar over delts, then I cross hands and place finger tips over the bar making sure elbows stay up...but I also have to stretch to touch my head now...